Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,863 members, 7,889,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:49 PM

Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? (1300 Views)

Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years / Don't Mess With Their Sister: 4 Boys & 1 Girl Siblings (Photo) / Siblings Fight Dirty Over Late Bank Manager’s Wealth (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 23, 2022
Ok, I'm the firstborn and the firstboy of the family while my immediate brother is the thirdborn. I'm 10 and he's 2 (I think) and we are playing somehow I causes him to bit his tongue and immediately he reported me to our mother who is nearby that "I bite his �" I'm confused and thought that maybe he mistakely constructed the sentence since that will mean I kiss him & bite his tongue. Our mother react and gave me a good knock on my head �� refusing to believe my side of the story, turning I saw my little brother smiling with a smirk on his face (apparently things work out the way he wanted) I'm shocked and from that day onward I distanced myself from him; I don't play with him. Recently I been thinking about the incident I guess I'm really traumatized by it �. What should I do guys? Should I bring up the matter again now that he's older and discuss it with our mother? I will really appreciate your help on the matter.
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by robinso01(m): 7:04am On Jul 23, 2022
People like you no dey forgive at all. Best thing be say make person no do you wrong at all.
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by chiommy123(f): 7:06am On Jul 23, 2022
You should put it behind you. Siblings fight and the next day play like nothing happened
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by RedChiefPriest: 7:20am On Jul 23, 2022
You're 10? Damn!
First of all don't come to social media to take advice you will probably end up being a mean and bitter person.
It is not all people that are normal on social media,live and relate with people offline and not try to get advice especially on cases like family and love.
Also just know siblings fight when they are young, don't start counting scores or keeping malice you will just create bad blood.
When you and your brother grow up into matured men, that's when you will know if your brother is a bad person but for now don't think he is, mischieve is something most people do when they were young.
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by FatherBona: 7:44am On Jul 23, 2022
You the first born and you immediate younger sibling is the third born undecided

What did I miss?!

1 Like

Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by Amarisco(f): 8:34am On Jul 23, 2022
FatherBona:
You the first born and you immediate younger sibling is the third born undecided

What did I miss?!

No he said brother, the next sibling could be his sister. What I don’t understand is the ages he put there
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by FatherBona: 8:42am On Jul 23, 2022
Amarisco:

No he said brother, the next sibling could be his sister. What I don’t understand is the ages he put there
Thank you sir/ma

10yr old on Nairaland abi grin grin grin
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2022
This thread dey give me headache. I no understand Wetin I read
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by Mindlog: 9:25am On Jul 23, 2022
Amarisco:

The incident happened when he was 10 and the younger brother, 2.....a gap of 8 years between them.

4 Likes

Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by Vyzz: 9:49am On Jul 23, 2022
cool

Your brother na one kind Jerry at the age of 2 ooo
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by Foodqueen(f): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2022
How old are you now?
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by SamOchuko: 11:25am On Jul 23, 2022
Jamesmarvelng:
Ok, I'm the firstborn and the firstboy of the family while my immediate brother is the thirdborn. I'm 10 and he's 2 (I think) and we are playing somehow I causes him to bit his tongue and immediately he reported me to our mother who is nearby that "I bite his �" I'm confused and thought that maybe he mistakely constructed the sentence since that will mean I kiss him & bite his tongue. Our mother react and gave me a good knock on my head �� refusing to believe my side of the story, turning I saw my little brother smiling with a smirk on his face (apparently things work out the way he wanted) I'm shocked and from that day onward I distanced myself from him; I don't play with him. Recently I been thinking about the incident I guess I'm really traumatized by it �. What should I do guys? Should I bring up the matter again now that he's older and discuss it with our mother? I will really appreciate your help on the matter.

Bro you kept this incident that happened when you were 10 at heart till this date? Is it that your parents maltreated you cause of your younger bro or you’re unforgiving? How old are you now? Please let it go, there will be no peaceful family if we all start recounting the ill's our siblings did to us when we were younger.

3 Likes

Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by Richy4(m): 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2022

<<You were 10... He was 2yrs old.. since you have grown now, in your understanding, what do you think a 2yr old know?...

<< What do you stand to gain if u revisit this issue that happened long time ago and your brother might not even remember it because most people starts remembering what transpired in their childhood @ 5.. and your brother was just 2 then..

<< If u were affected by it so much, then u should see a therapist... Because harbouring that for too long is bad for your mental wellbeing.

1 Like

Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
SamOchuko:

Bro you kept this incident that happened when you were 10 at heart till this date? Is it that your parents maltreated you cause of your younger bro or you’re unforgiving? How old are you now? Please let it go, there will be no peaceful family if we all start recounting the ill's our siblings did to us when we were younger.

My mother start giving me extreme punishment since then cry, there is this one time she told me to do frogjump (I can't even remember my offense) I feel like I'm going to die because the frogjump didn't seem to be stopping cry, it only God Jesus that help me to continue.

I have forgiven him but can't seems to forget it embarassed, I also find it hard to trust him.
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
Foodqueen:
How old are you now?

I'm in my 20's
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by Ganjafama(m): 2:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jamesmarvelng:

I'm in my 20's
Does you brother still exhibit that kind of behavior towards you?
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ganjafama:
Does you brother still exhibit that kind of behavior towards you?

Well we're that close but he always make me feel like we're competing
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by Foodqueen(f): 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jamesmarvelng:

I'm in my 20's

My point is, you haven't really grow up from being a 10yrs old.that you were then.
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by boldx(m): 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jamesmarvelng:

You are too young to be on nairaland.
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by obinna58(m): 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
I was already thinking how could a 10yrs old be writing like this
Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by NemoDatQuod(m): 12:50am On Jul 24, 2022
You seem to be a mature individual. That experience of injustice must have stuck with you. The easiest way to resolve it is by having a mature, respectful conversation with the party involved.

However, you stated that your brother was 2 years old when the event happened. A 2 year old does not know, let alone understand what he is doing and hence should not be held accountable.
I suspect it is the injustice from your mother that bothered you and not necessarily the lie from your kid brother.
It may also be that this is not the only thing you need to discuss with your mother.
You may need to have that conversation with her.

There is a format for it.
a) Agree a date and time with her for the discussion. Just the two of you in a quiet environment.
b) Be very respectful all through the conversation regardless of her reaction.
c ) Action - Tell her exactly what happened without embellishing.
d) Tell her how her action made you feel.
e ) Tell her why the memory stayed with you.
f) Give her the opportunity to reply.

The benefit may be that you will let go of whatever it is that made that memory stay with you for more than ten years. Usually, you should have these difficult conversations within a few days of the event occurring. That way, your mum will still remember exactly what happened. But now, she may not recall the event. Be sure not to push it if she does not. But be very clear on how it made you feel.

That you still remember the event does not make you a bad or wicked person. It simply means that the injustice left a mark on your consciousness. Discussing it respectfully will be the best way of getting rid of the reason for the subsisting memory.

Jamesmarvelng:

1 Like

Re: Guys Help Out. Is This Siblings Rivalry Or Something Else? by Amarisco(f): 3:46am On Jul 24, 2022
Mindlog:

The incident happened when he was 10 and the younger brother, 2.....a gap of 8 years between them.

Rightttt thank you smiley

(1) (Reply)

U.K Sneakers For Sale / I Miss My Dad So Much… / Is Your Family Crazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.