Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,103 members, 7,967,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 11:51 AM

The Camon 19: Beauty With A Mediocre Brain - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Camon 19: Beauty With A Mediocre Brain (2586 Views)

Pictures From TECNO CAMON 19 Series Launch In Lagos / Tecno Is Set To Launch Tecno Camon X – To Join The Camon Series / See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Camon 19: Beauty With A Mediocre Brain by meshachdbuzz(m): 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
Nuelng:

Do you know the cost of fixing these umidigi and Xiaomi... Small screen problem 70k lol, you dey compare

U say waiting

Is only amoled screen thats cotsly, be it iphone, sammy, xiaomi, even tecno kpakpa

For lcds screen iphone is the cheapest

E get one useles itel when i price the screen them tell me 16k and the phone na 35k just imagine

High endes Tecno and infinix screens are expensive too. Compare to midrange redmi phones with lcd display
Re: The Camon 19: Beauty With A Mediocre Brain by YourFavorite21(m): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2022
EinsteinAyo:
Camon 19 is never a trash. Those of us who have been using TECNO devices will never agree to this your unsubstantiated claim about TECNO.

Get one and you will never regret
Those the phone have a snap dragon processor, or An exynos?
Re: The Camon 19: Beauty With A Mediocre Brain by donbenie(m): 11:21pm On Jul 26, 2022
EinsteinAyo:
Camon 19 is never a trash. Those of us who have been using TECNO devices will never agree to this your unsubstantiated claim about TECNO.

Get one and you will never regret
You don't have to agree to anything..
Your agreement is not needed on an objective analysis..
The Helio G85 is a lower midrange piece of crap..grin

1 Like

Re: The Camon 19: Beauty With A Mediocre Brain by donbenie(m): 11:27pm On Jul 26, 2022
Nuelng:

Do you know the cost of fixing these umidigi and Xiaomi... Small screen problem 70k lol, you dey compare
You people will just stroll from the romance section,to come here to talk about what you know nada about..
Which Xiaomi phone costs 70K to fix and which type of screen is it having?
Or do you think that to replace the crappy AMOLED ,TRASHION uses,will cost you 10Kobo?
Re: The Camon 19: Beauty With A Mediocre Brain by skywalker240(m): 7:18am On Jul 27, 2022
What more can we say

a design so asthetic and priceless in a device brand so worthless

1 Like

Re: The Camon 19: Beauty With A Mediocre Brain by Theblues8080: 9:35am On Jul 27, 2022
Illusionale:
It is not every day you walk into a phone store and you see a phone as gorgeous as the white version of the latest in the line of Tecno’s Camon.
The camon 19 was released last month and I daresay the design -especially the white coloured version- beats all phones released this year by the top 5 mobile brands in the country; The thing is just a beauty to look at, I have seen beautiful phones; Umidigi A9 pro, samsung s22 and then there’s the white Camon 19. Curved and Tall stands this beauty and no phone at this time dares to oppose. That is the camon 19- FHD display, 6’8 screen, two humongous but strangely inviting cameras, a 5000mah battery and 18w fast charge. If you bought this phone, chances are you cannot resist pointing the lenses at a subject and snapping away all day.
But that’s just about it with the goodness of the camon; under the hood it still has the helio G85 and the Mali-G52 MC2 which are just not good enough for this phone. What I mean, when you hold this phone in your palm and maybe you are walking down a road, people are gonna look at you and think “Man, that guy has something.” The phone’s design creates the impression of class -aesthetic wise, which
now begs the question; why put a mediocre chipset in this beauty?
Cutting costs again, fooling the masses maybe? Or just plain ignorance. Why create something that outstanding and put a young goat in it. The G85 is not a terrible processor, it’s meant for the lower midrange class of devices, if you remember the Infinix note 10 then you might have an idea of what this Camon is capable of, performance wise. It’s not weak; and at the same time just not good enough for the phone is what I would say. For context, the base camon 19 is just slightly better than the Iphone 6s and the pro version which has the Helio G96 -quite decent though- is weaker than the base Iphone 8- that is the normal version of the iphone not the plus.
The base camon will do what you need it to do, the cameras are okay, as usual Transsion packs it with loads of features, when I visited the official page when I was researching the camon, the advert there was filled with lots of different visual effects advertising mostly the camera, glorifying it even. So the cameras are okay, the design is something out of a fairytale- if phones could seduce a man, the camon will, the battery and 18w charge are not bad, the chipset (which is the engine) is a goat.
Transsion woke up one morning, designed a beauty but instead of putting a power horse in it, put a headless tired goat; goats can run a bit, granted- but they are stupid and just don’t work.
Now comes the worse part, the base camon costs upwards of 140k (differs, but its 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, I have not seen a lower storage 64GB version yet) the Pro which is weaker than an Iphone 8! Costs upwards of 210k, check Jumia and other physical major retailers if you doubt. So if you are comfortable with coughing up 140 to 350k for this beauty with a small brain, then by all means sir, carry your relatives and your gourd of palm wine and go and ask for her hand in marriage, the choice is all yours.
- Sparrow.

Do you wish to write on a smartphone news blog? You will be paid monthly, contact me if interested: mbahobinna763@gmail.com
Re: The Camon 19: Beauty With A Mediocre Brain by OwoukoUrua(m): 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
Theblues8080:
Do you wish to write on a smartphone news blog? You will be paid monthly, contact me if interested: mbahobinna763@gmail.com

I am interested

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Non Samsung Users Can Never Know. / Modem Unlock Code / Who Can Fix This For Me?(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.