Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,745 members, 7,889,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:16 AM

Breach Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Breach Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank (7777 Views)

Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) / Breach Of Banking Contract And Tenet Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breach Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank by Gluckdude(m): 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2011
take legal action,try to sue them for image damaging or what ever lawful vocabulary that will be used. and make money from them instead of paying them.maybe you sue them for like 50m.
NO DULLING PLEASE
Re: Breach Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank by Nwogeneugo: 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2011
my guy sue if u feel strongly abt this, do not mind those saying u will lose,if u follow it up u will win
Re: Breach Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank by Obalende: 12:56am On Aug 02, 2011
Please sue diamond bank and seek redress and claim damages for the following:
1.) Defamation - you were defamed in the presence of ur employer (your main source of livelihood) that could have cost you ur job, directly or indirectly now or in future in any degree/ ramification.
2.) breach of confidentiality - no damages can really be claimed here unless you can show how the damage was incurred.

defamation is still defamation regardless of if it was intentional or not.

good luck and pls lodge my share of d damages to my acount.
Re: Breach Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank by ayotee2000(m): 7:26am On Aug 02, 2011
@poster

do check the documents you tendered to the bank when facilitating your loan. There are many small print documents that involves your employer especially if he's guaranteeing domiciliation of your salary as a means of repayment. At this point, your employer becomes a legal third party and can be privy to your financial information but only as concerns your loan.

cool
Re: Breach Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank by Breeposh: 11:55am On Aug 02, 2011
Thanks Nairalanders ur responses. Am thrilled and i've been highly educated by you all. wink
Re: Breach Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank by llexie: 1:11pm On Aug 02, 2011
My dear,

i will advise you not to sue the bank, b'cos you can't win. the loan is tied to ur salary account and ur employer will pay the bank first if u are disengaged before paying you. if the bank inform ur employer of ur default, it is nothing so special, they are only confirming that their money is secured. now that u know that ur employer will be informed wen u fail to pay, it will put u on check and help our banking system to be a better place.

Remember, this was where other banks failed in the past. no case, lawyers will decieve but ur reputation in the banking industry will be mar.
Re: Breach Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank by Bokoharam: 1:28pm On Aug 02, 2011
llexie:

My dear,

i will advise you not to sue the bank, b'cos you can't win. the loan is tied to your salary account and your employer will pay the bank first if u are disengaged before paying you. if the bank inform your employer of your default, it is nothing so special, they are only confirming that their money is secured. now that u know that your employer will be informed wen u fail to pay, it will put u on check and help our banking system to be a better place.

Remember, this was where other banks failed in the past. no case, lawyers will decieve but your reputation in the banking industry will be mar.

Thank you, dear.

@OP, Never you listen to people who do NOT understand d Nigerian banking system. I didnt need anybody to tell me that you got the loan based on your mention of an employer, who is no longer an outsider in the contract. I also want to believe that your employer must have given a reference to Diamond Bank before the said loan was approved. In this regard, the bank can call your employers to make enquiries and or call in the facility. Also note that a lender has the right to call in his facility at will (as always stated in the offer letter).

You have no case, brother. Save yourself from hungry lawyers, who would be out to reap you off your borrowed hard-earned money.
Re: Breach Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank by Zenakoboko(m): 8:23am On Aug 03, 2011
@ poster,

You have a good case, there was no default on your part BUT there has been a breach by the other party (the bank).

Go ahead with your litigation. If possible use either an activist kinda lawyer (with whom you would agree upfront that his payment would be a certain percentage say 10 or 20% of damages to be paid by the bank), and whose other objective should be righting injustices of this sort OR better still, get one who is an old friend but try as much as possible to keep the case very professional.

Best of luck! smiley

P.S For my fellow NLs, make haste to notice the newbreed of legal icons and entrants into the judicial system in our country. Every profession has its quota of corrupt people. The times sorry the profession is changing! Remain blessed.
Re: Breach Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2011
Please sue them, do not even think twice. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Breach Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank by easyon: 5:30am On Aug 04, 2011
Why should you take a loan without your husband/wife's knowledge?That's very unfair of you.I wonder why people take loan.If you must do something,save towards it.The interest rates these banks give are crazy and they are after their own profit.They don't have your interest at heart.If you have paid,let it go and if you haven't,look for their money.Filing a suit will not only waste your time but your money and at the end nothing will come out of it because we are in a lawless country.I wish you all the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Depreciates To Lowest Value In 2 Years (Against US Dollar) / Manufacturers Worry As Profit Margin Shrinks /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.