Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,366 members, 7,943,907 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 07:59 AM

Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? (36281 Views)

Resume Medical Studies In The Caribbean, Relocate And Graduate In USA Or Canada / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Natasha2(f): 9:23pm On Aug 18, 2011
chineke shocked shocked shocked lolz this is amazing, poster please call your cousin to come and see things or himself oh he should read these comments one by one at least he would know you aint trying to do and bad belle stuff cheesy
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by icez: 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2011
run far away!!!! do not say you were not told.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by naijacann: 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2011
How about their faculty of Nursing: Is it accredited? My sis wan apply there.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by awizzy1(m): 10:07pm On Aug 18, 2011
I really don't care if madonna has made any lil headWay,or if students graduate from the sch, as long as Edeh and Philow are alive,the school remains useless, don't ask for fact please, comingUp soon,not to forget I can kill both for free,
Chai I don vex,

What do u expect from a school where ur parents can be bitten buy its staffs(Philow).the Atrocities are countless. Believe me phillow can't spend 3months in either Benin,warri,lagos or even Abj,she will be spotted and murdered.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by happy4eva: 10:34pm On Aug 18, 2011
Pls can someone tell me more abt the ukraine universities pls, and like how much does there tuition fees cost and there boarding and feeding for a session
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Madeu(m): 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2011
[color=#006600][/color] FRM 200-FINAL LEVEL 450000. MBBS 50000.RESIST FOR MBBS 100000.THE FEES WIL B INCREASE DIS YR.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by amblors(m): 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2011
Made u:

[color=#006600][/color] FRM 200-FINAL LEVEL 450000. MBBS 50000.RESIST FOR MBBS 100000.THE FEES WIL B INCREASE DIS YR.

that is a lot of money mhen.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Madeu(m): 10:53pm On Aug 18, 2011
nursing dere in yr1 dey admit more than 350 students.bt as frm yr two nursing council needs only 50 students. for ukraine som schs charge 3200 dollar som 4500 dollars.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Nicklee(m): 12:49am On Aug 19, 2011
My little brother is a medical student at Madonna and is finishing his 2nd year. There were ~98 of them in his 1st year class and only 14 passed/were allowed to proceed to year 2. I was also told that the program is accredited. My point is: I haven't seen any post that has questioned the quality of the academic program. I'll be more interested in that than majority of what has been said here. So, to those complaining about the fees structure and the manner the school is being run, could you please say something about the quality of tutorship in the institution? Let's agree first that the programs quality is below par, then nail the coffin with the rest of our outbursts. But if the 'integrity' of the academic part of the education is intact, maybe the other complaints might be something that can be easily deal with.

These are just my thoughts. For the records, I did undergrad in UNILAG.

2 Likes

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by akunta(f): 8:16am On Aug 19, 2011
@Op,
2b4 warned, is 2b4 armed.
Tell ur cousin or brother or who ever to run with both legs.
i wudnt even pray my enemies gets admission to that schl
and as for medicine? my sis is almost 7yrs there nw,
still no headway. They just collect huge sums of money frm them
and lock them in like prisoners. infact prisoners have some freedom
inside the walls of their prison.
Madonna is worse.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by vantageguy(m): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2011
Madonna University is the worst university in Nigeria, academically and otherwise. i ve been there and i can not even recommend the school to my enemies. my friend's elder sister has been studying medicine there for 8 years yet she is in 500level. The reverend father is fetish(believe it or not) and the reverend sisters are saddists. The school has turned most of the students into gays and lesbians cos the reverend fathers ans sisters are into dis act. they expel students for flimsy reasons and their major purpose is to make money. pls tell your cousin to stay clear
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Geezle(m): 11:43am On Aug 19, 2011
All of u are missing the point. The owner of this post is asking if the school is accredited for medicine and not if Fada or his sisters and staff are human friendly.

@Poster, schools get accredited and re-accredited every year before they churn out 'medical doctors', even Federal Universities get to have their accreditation suspended if they miss one or two things. Madonna University has so far released two sets of graduands who are top class individuals wherever they find themselves. The school started barely how many years ago and have achieved such a feat, I dare say how many private universities in Naija have achieved that. Abi Fada use 'jazz' for NMA or NUC? Even Federal and State Schools dey bring out 'abortion' doctors. lipsrsealed

If your brother wants to go there and your folks agree, one thing he should have at the back of his mind is that the journey to being a graduate of Madonna University is not an easy one,

Adios

2 Likes

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by ogefuju: 11:50am On Aug 19, 2011
Hello people,

It's amazing how a lot of people have VERY NEGATIVE opinions about Madonna University school of Medicine, including those who 'graduated' from the University.

True talk, there is an extreme level of discipline in the school and there are certain restrictions which normally should not be given to 'adults'. However, let us bear in mind that this school is supposed to be a 'Catholic' school and like other religiously founded schools, there are certain strict and disciplinary measures for their students. I mean, you have to sign an exeat to leave school, you don't mingle freely with the opposite sex, you don't live off-campus, you don't drink alcohol or smoke, so on and so forth. You don't expect these religiously founded schools to have the same level of freedom with other Universities. You also get that from the religiously founded primary and secondary schools too.

For those who say that the school of medicine is not accredited, point of correction, IT IS. I actually have a couple of friends who are currently doing the housemanship in a couple of Teaching Hospitals and FMCs. As a matter of fact, one of them was appointed to be in charge of all house officers in one of the FMCs (of over 50 house officers).

Apart from the Medical School, there are a number of other graduates from the University who are key players in the organisations where they work. I know a couple of them in various organisations like banks, airlines, oil & gas and a couple of other international organisations who do extremely great in their fields!

Truth is if you expect to have your 100% freedom when you get to Madonna University, you have to think again. However, let us not throw away the fact that the main reason for attending a University is not to have your 100% freedom to do whatever you like, but to gain knowledge and skills that would guide you throughout life to achieve your goals.

They say when you are in Rome, you behave like a Roman. Truth is, if you keep your head down when you are in Madonna University, obey the rules and all that, you can actually come out successful. That is my believe. Save the flirting, clubbing, drinking and all that for when you are on a vacation!

Thanks Guys!

OgeFuju

2 Likes

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by amblors(m): 11:56am On Aug 19, 2011
ogefuju:

Hello people,

It's amazing how a lot of people have VERY NEGATIVE opinions about Madonna University school of Medicine, including those who 'graduated' from the University.

True talk, there is an extreme level of discipline in the school and there are certain restrictions which normally should not be given to 'adults'. However, let us bear in mind that this school is supposed to be a 'Catholic' school and like other religiously founded schools, there are certain strict and disciplinary measures for their students. I mean, you have to sign an exeat to leave school, you don't mingle freely with the opposite sex, you don't live off-campus, you don't drink alcohol or smoke, so on and so forth. You don't expect these religiously founded schools to have the same level of freedom with other Universities. You also get that from the religiously founded primary and secondary schools too.

For those who say that the school of medicine is not accredited, point of correction, IT IS. I actually have a couple of friends who are currently doing the housemanship in a couple of Teaching Hospitals and FMCs. As a matter of fact, one of them was appointed to be in charge of all house officers in one of the FMCs (of over 50 house officers).

how long did it take for them to get out?
Six years as normal? i think not,
seven? i still doubt it.

I hear they have a backlog of students in final year, so they sorta take the exam in batches yearly.

IF its accredited, that happened last year or 2years back MAX.
and the older students would have to leave before the newer ones write the final professional exam.

A friend told me when they got "accredited" (its in quotation marks for a reason, i hear say e get K-leg)
still Fada Edeh wanted to extort more money from em.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Geezle(m): 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2011
amblors:

how long did it take for them to get out?
Six years as normal? i think not,
seven? i still doubt it.

I hear they have a backlog of students in final year, so they sorta take the exam in batches yearly.

IF its accredited, that happened last year or 2years back MAX.
and the older students would have to leave before the newer ones write the final professional exam.

A friend told me when they got "accredited" (its in quotation marks for a reason, i hear say e get K-leg)
still Fada Edeh wanted to extort more money from em.

Amblors, thank God for our generation, we were not there when schools like UI or UNILAG or UNIMAID started, so we can't say if theirs get k-leg. Take into consideration that the NUC / NMA people also collect gratification,
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by ogefuju: 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2011
@Amblors

Sorry, but my browser is unable to display that reply button.

However. truth is this, School of Medicine is a very serious business and a lot of planning, investment and several Educational and Medical Institutions are involved in its accreditation.

Go down memory lane and do some research, even some Federal Government Universities took up to 10 or 15 years to have their College of Medicine fully accredited. Some State Universities up till now do not have their School of Medicine accredited to graduate doctors.

So even if it took 10 years for Madonna University College of Medicine to be accredited, I think it is a good milestone. As a matter of fact, I am not sure there is any other private university whose college of medicine is fully accredited to graduate doctors. I hear that even Igbinedion University has to graduate her doctors through UNIBEN College of Medicine (I stand to be corrected on this).

Madonna University I guess is only 12 years old. Please check out the history of Universities in Nigeria, both public and private and see how many of them could graduate 2 sets of doctors in their first 12 years of operation. Some of them did not even have a College of Medicine in their first 12 years.

Besides before the doctors graduate, they go through a series of their MBBS exams which examiners from the various medical bodies and institutions in Nigeria are present to examine the doctors-to-be at a standard set by these bodies. If these doctors-to-be pass these exams, I think that is more than enough fact that at least the School of Medicine of Madonna University deserves its accreditation.

Thank you!

OgeFuju.

1 Like

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Nwandol: 12:17pm On Aug 19, 2011
I studied in Madonna oooo,pls tell ur cousin to wait nxt yr for anoda uni plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by DBestDoc(f): 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2011
Ve a friend who did medicine there for like two years and her parents flew her to ukraine to start all over again cos they were fed up with the crap called school.
So better watch you leap
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by pinkkystel(f): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2011
i don't know why all of you are just condemning the school especially wizzy. i hope u were not expelled. Madonna University has produced a lot of good graduate in our society and they all all doing well for them self. I graduated from Madonna University in 2007 and i don't regret ever going there and will never. so if you were Expelled from the school for any reason of yours them blame yourself and not fr Edeh. And for you Wizzy you better kneel and pray for Gods forgiveness for calling a Priest a demon

1 Like

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by DonShark(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2011
I will be the last to slander Rev. Fr. Edeh and Madonna University.I won't say more than I know or say what I don't even know.
I'll advise you and your cousin to check the JAMB Website and see for yourself whether it's accredited or the opposite.
Good luck!
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 19, 2011
Well Well, I studied in Delta State university Asaba, for 2 years but was not studing the course i wanted to, Before that I was in DELSU Abrake for pre-degree, finally i graduated in Madonna University 2003, Being the first Graduate the University produced, I did my masters university in Clark University US, Well to cut the story Short Madonna University is a Private University that has its own norms and culture, which i was not comfortable with then but apprecaite and understood at the long Run , i have tasted both Public and Private University enviroment, My only contributution is that if you dont like a system then leave it alone dont condem it, what look abnornal for some looks ok for the others,
I dont no anything about the medical school i left long ago before then,
But the bottom line is we have choices, respect others choices,
Good day everyone wink

1 Like

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Lenzo(f): 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2011
In regards to the standard i would sai madonna university has a high standard, most of their graduates are outstanding and cannot be compared to graduates of most public schools but if you think you can cope with the system then you can still try but i would urge you to know and understand whot you are gettin yourself into.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by iamDozzy(m): 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2011
Only a Wicked Person will recommend Madonna , when u fully know how the school is, No hostels , Hallreps(ure fellow students) molest you and intimidate you, even if u have genuine reasons an exeat may not be signed for you, poor quality of education, No good libraries, depressing environment, i could go on for days ,take your money and go to ukraine or ghana
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 19, 2011
current student here have u written exams with boxers in your life guess not have you bin arrested for praying out a lil loud guess not have you bin in a six by six room with 9 occupant guess not
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Natasha2(f): 8:01pm On Aug 19, 2011
me don't know about the school but all those saying people have not replied the poster well , even if they teach well which i don't know about, would you want your child or cousin to be maltreated in the name of they teach well? or worse still spend so many years in school when in reality the course you're studying has not been accredited?.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Ushiang: 4:52am On Aug 20, 2011
Oge abeg tell them, 1st I am a med stdnt of MU, and no 1 will give u admsn 2 read MD wit a jamb score less than 200 talk more of witout jamb @all, Madonna has its issues abt morals but ask any of the stdnts if they dnt do worse than stdnts in secular universities, U want 2 find out if Madonna Uninversity Med sch is accredited go 2 NMDC website, We hv 2 sets of Doctors and anoda nxtmonth and doin very well, (U can go 2 UCH Ibadan and ask of Dr Usob or Even Uniben Teaching Hosp or FMC Owr and find out ) No school in this country has done that in jst 10yrs (Go find out UniAbuja med sch dnt even hv accreditation for 2nd MBBS). Please get ur facts str8, We r academically sound and that's wats important, some1 tlkd abt trousers 4 girls, we hv no dresscode in Madonna jst b decent, Madonna University graduates do very whereva they r and I doubt all these people saying I was there eva graduated they were prolly expelled @ some point or left on their own, We r not d best but I think we r doing gud 4 a baby medical school, Finally it aint by force no1 put a gun 2 ur head that u mst come there, Go elsewhere if u aren't comfy! (Some1 tlkd abt resit, we don't u jst pass @ d 1st sittin?)

2 Likes

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Myluv1: 5:01am On Aug 21, 2011
@ OP,

A word ( already many in this case) should be enough for the wise.
I had a brief stint there, then RAN afterwards & was even ahead of my set there, Thank God for me. That extortion thingy also, smh. Not so good an experience lo.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Flashaldrin(m): 9:59am On Sep 03, 2011
The parents are catholics and still decided to give it a try. So far no p, safe that his phone was stolen (4rm the replies i thought mobiles wont b allowed o).
Would update u on eventual occurences.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by steeze(m): 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2011
No problem just keep us updated
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Hunkygee: 1:15am On Sep 29, 2011
Madonna university is Accredited for Medical Studies

The standard of Education is one of the highest in the country as a result of the following;
1. No Sorting of Lecturers
2. No Strike/mob action
3. Graduation is in Record time.

I am a proud alumnii! The school of Medicine has produced 2 sets of well-qualified Doctors and a third would be graduating before the end of the year.

However, if your aim is to gallivant and party, dont come to MADONNA. Its for disciplined and serious minded folks. Finally, If you can survive 4 Years in Madonna, you can survive anywhere in the world.

Cheers
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by willexyaho(m): 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2011
How long does it take to graduate a medical student in madonna university
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by lucaz3(m): 5:22pm On Nov 02, 2011
For your best Interest, don't make the mistake of your life by attempting to school in madonna university.
I currently school there and I must tell you that place is next to hell.
A university where uneducated,naïve,unschooled Security\Gate men are lords.
Where Reverend Fathers and Their so called Reverend Sisters use the excuse of a university to exact revenge on the society for their inability to have a normal life.

Were the punishment For any Sort of Verbal Communication between a male and female student ranges from a fine of #100,000 to outright Expulsion.
Were even the Death of your parents Is not enough reason for you to be granted permission to leave the school.

I can't force you,
But now you know the truth.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian At Virginia State University Calls Cops For Noisy Roommates - Pictures / UNIBEN Ram Chasing UNIBEN Babes (Funny Video) / OAU NASU Celebrates Omole's Exit From Office Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.