Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,347 members, 7,884,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 03:19 PM

Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? (36072 Views)

Resume Medical Studies In The Caribbean, Relocate And Graduate In USA Or Canada / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by OmoEziokwu: 3:29am On Nov 15, 2011
Glorified Secondary School. Can any of them defending the school deny this pic? lipsrsealed

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Dclique(m): 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2011
OMG!!! Whats is this. . . Hahahaha. No wonder they don't allow camera phones.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by MsOluchi: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2011
I was admitted into Madonna University to study Medicine in 2009 and i left last year. Believe me, that school is the worst thing ever. The hospital is not even fit to be called a clinic. Its that bad! I knew a lot of Med students in 500 and 400levels who kept advising me to leave in order not to make the same mistake they made by staying and hoping that it will one day be good. Most of the students in their 600 levels have stayed up to 8 or 9 years and they still don't know when they'll graduate. That school is not fit for humans, believe me!
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Hunkygee: 7:36pm On Dec 23, 2011
http://www.mdcnigeria.org/MedSchools.htm

It would suffice to check out that link. Its the current list of fully accredited schools of medicine by the Medical and Dental council of Nigeria. Madonna happens to be one of them. The structures might not be world class, but the quality of graduates produced there, are second to none. In addition to making the list of 26 fully accredited universities in Nigeria, it also happens to be the only private university fully accredited to study medicine.

Hating would do you no good, appreciate good things.

1 Like

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Geminie(f): 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2011
@hunkygee save ur breathe i was admitted in madonna 2008 to study medicine bt i left last yr nd am glad i did.madonna wil trick nd deceive u until u enter den ul knw wat we mean.dnt make d mistake f enterin cos evrysingle day ul regret entering.

1 Like

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Adole100: 1:53am On Feb 20, 2012
Madonna University, Elele Campus, Rivers State, Nigeria. Graduated dia medical student last year(2010) , so am assuring you, dat your cousin been there wuld, and will never be a regret,, If he's a responsible child e will enjoy madonna,, Cos am a medical student too,, You can reach me via email; eubieko@yahoo.com ,
Does tellin yu dat the skul is nt gud, are those dat have been expelled as a result of one tin or the orda,, So my broda,, Pls dnt listen to dem,, Madonna is a gud uni,, AM A PROUD MADONNITE,,
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by abohrandy: 12:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
Geezle:

All of u are missing the point. The owner of this post is asking if the school is accredited for medicine and not if Fada or his sisters and staff are human friendly.

@Poster, schools get accredited and re-accredited every year before they churn out 'medical doctors', even Federal Universities get to have their accreditation suspended if they miss one or two things. Madonna University has so far released two sets of graduands who are top class individuals wherever they find themselves. The school started barely how many years ago and have achieved such a feat, I dare say how many private universities in Naija have achieved that. Abi Fada use 'jazz' for NMA or NUC? Even Federal and State Schools dey bring out 'abortion' doctors. lipsrsealed

If your brother wants to go there and your folks agree, one thing he should have at the back of his mind is that the journey to being a graduate of Madonna University is not an easy one,

Adios

[size=14pt]you have to be there to see when NCC comes to school or when an external body comes to interview the students. dare Bleep up now!!!! na your house go receive you[/size]

Adole100:

Madonna University, Elele Campus, Rivers State, Nigeria. Graduated dia medical student last year(2010) , so am assuring you, dat your cousin been there wuld, and will never be a regret,, If he's a responsible child e will enjoy madonna,, Cos am a medical student too,, You can reach me via email; eubieko@yahoo.com ,
Does tellin yu dat the skul is nt gud, are those dat have been expelled as a result of one tin or the orda,, So my broda,, Pls dnt listen to dem,, Madonna is a gud uni,, AM A PROUD MADONNITE,,

guy tell dem when you entered that school and stop talking about graduating last year. and besides last year is not 2010. my cousins (both in medicine) who entered before me are styl there. i entered 2008 (march batch) and left last year october. and one of them was suppose to leave last year but fada told dem to go and redo their houseman-ship again!!!

Hunkygee:

http://www.mdcnigeria.org/MedSchools.htm

It would suffice to check out that link. Its the current list of fully accredited schools of medicine by the Medical and Dental council of Nigeria. Madonna happens to be one of them. The structures might not be world class, but the quality of graduates produced there, are second to none. In addition to making the list of 26 fully accredited universities in Nigeria, it also happens to be the only private university fully accredited to study medicine.

Hating would do you no good, appreciate good things.

forget all that outside protocol!!! let pipo who have been in the system tell you how far!!!!!
Hunkygee:

Madonna university is Accredited for Medical Studies

The standard of Education is one of the highest in the country as a result of the following;
1. No Sorting of Lecturers
2. No Strike/mob action
3. Graduation is in Record time.

I am a proud alumnii! The school of Medicine has produced 2 sets of well-qualified Doctors and a third would be graduating before the end of the year.

However, if your aim is to gallivant and party, dont come to MADONNA. Its for disciplined and serious minded folks. Finally, If you can survive 4 Years in Madonna, you can survive anywhere in the world.

Cheers

says who?
my mates who entered wif me in 2008 just wrote their 2nd MBBS (or whatever) i know pipo who sorted to make the pass cut!! even in my department there are courses i failed in my 200 and 300 level coz i was forming badt guyses. so no dey lie to dese poor pipo!!!

Dclique:

OMG!!! Whats is this. . . Hahahaha. No wonder they don't allow camera phones.

yeah i spent 2 years of my life in that block. the pipo i was wif was fun bt the authorities are nothing to write home about.
Don Shark:

I will be the last to slander Rev. Fr. Edeh and Madonna University.I won't say more than I know or say what I don't even know.
I'll advise you and your cousin to check the JAMB Website and see for yourself whether it's accredited or the opposite.
Good luck!

father edeh fanatic!!!
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by kaelz(m): 1:12am On Apr 10, 2012
To me, I can't fit shout coz i graduated dere last year only 4 dem to bring out ref. on the course i passed, i have to wait 4 Batch'B' s my service,,, concernin ur bro; i dey kneel down beg u, no juz try am, coz him go regret am, me no go fit let my worst enemy enta dat school, coz it's a nytmare... Ask any Madonnite to tell u abt Rev. sister Point 'n' Kill, dey'll evn end up tellin u abt d whole school.

1 Like

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by chunky(m): 12:17pm On Apr 23, 2012
USMLE Seminars in Benin.
Global Licensing Medical would like to invite medical students and graduants to its USMLE Step 1 and step 2 seminars holding in Benin, Nigeria from the 30th of April to the 6th of May, 2012. To attend, please register online on www.globallicensingmedical.com; or for more information, email us on info@globallicensingmedical.com; or call +447957956582.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by OmoEziokwu: 11:39am On Jul 05, 2012
I remember when the topic on this school (Madonna University) was first brought up, many came out to defend the school and say that all the allegations against the school were wrong. Now what do we have? A poohole that has continued to rip people off their money and destroy the future of young and great Nigerians, leaving many with scars that would be hard to recover from. Well this is just the beginning because there is still more to be revealed about the school. Madonna is one of the most evil places you can think of, maybe asides Kirikiri prison. Everything is fake and the people there act as if they are under a spell and can't talk about what was happening to them. The University accommodation is pathetic and the whole "justice" system of the school is at best, hideous. The head of students' affairs, a certain "Aunty Philo" has everybody under her feet, including the HODs and lecturers. She tells you anything she likes for you to pay as fine. Students get expelled for nothing, crazy fines are imposed on students, people aren't even allowed to write their carry-over exams so that they'll repeat and pay the school fees again for a spill-over, and even when they write their spill-over exams, they are not given their results and never allowed to graduate. You have people who come into Madonna for a four-year course having to spend nine (9) years or never even allowed to graduate. There is no synergy between the exams and records department and the various faculties and departments, and that is the reason why students keep complaining of missing results even after they have taken the exams. You could even be woken up at 12AM to be told that you just got expelled, if maybe a phone gets missing in the room you are sleeping in, even if you know nothing about it. At different times, Father Edeh even brings foreigners who he claims are on exchange programs to the school, but on a closer look they are members of foreign charity organizations that have come to see the supposed "charities" that he claims to be running. On a weekly basis, at certain times he makes photographers take pictures of students who are woken up around 6AM, looking all rough and unkempt because they haven't taken their bath and all of that, and the news that makes the rounds is that he uses such pictures to solicit for help from foreign aid organizations. After that (the "jogging session"wink, he will make them sit under the sun for between two (2) to three (3) hours, telling them one lie after the other, about how he went to Chicago University and how he is trying to bring the best equipment to Madonna. The security men have absolute powers, meaning that you can't even explain yourself if there is any awkward or wrong situation you are accidentally found in. Has anybody asked about what is going on in the so-called medical school? That one is the biggest joke of all. Anyone who think that all of this is a lie should pay that place a visit. It is not about anyone forcing anybody to go there, some people actually attended the school because it was listed as a Nigerian university to be attended, just like every other Nigerian university. Drawing from that, it would then be unfair to say "you weren't forced to go there".

Please take a look at this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/805270/scam-center-called-madonna-university

1 Like

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by ChukwuchukwuMD: 11:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
I just recently graduated as a MEDICAL DOCTOR from madonna university. Since i was able to graduate and take my oath as one, i must say that the university is an accredited medical institution. I must say that the teaching staff of the college are very competent. They have expatriates who helped the students gain the knowledge and skills they need in this field. Dr velasco for example is a filipino MD who is very much knowledgeable in surgery. The skills on the other hand is very reliable. He can make almost dead people alive. I learn a lot inside his class, topics are laid clearly and smoothly. Very understandable. He is very goooooddddd! They also have expatriate filipino nurses who are amazingly exceptional with skills and knowledge, theatre nurse dion who is very competent inside the complex. I even heard her whispering to the surgeons to do this certain things, reminded them what to do next, like she knows better than surgeons!! Since i came to the hospital, orders are made after they came. She even find time to teach the students about instrumentations, and basic techniques in the theatre. I was amazed how "sterility" is being observed by this people. Well i wont be comparing them to our locals who had different trainings. Just recently, icu nurses arrived in the hospital, ICU Nurse mark and one other nurse came and holy ghostly set-up the bold and stock room-like-icu into a real icu. Now the place is very much functional. I remembered once a very critical patient was admitted to the unit, was being managed by dr. Velasco, the prognosis was really poor and was expected to die because of a certain condition but by God's grace with these people the patient went home like nothing happen. I was surprised one time that i saw mark working in the theatre and can do the skills smoothly, and i also saw them at the ward. I talked to the nursing students and they have high regards to these people who taught them many things on skills, drugs, and pathophysiology of diseases. The thing of Christ sake is that these people can work everywhere in the hospital with competence! They are very flexible. I visited icu before when they had patient and i was ashamed because they know many things about diseases more than medical students do.
Sorry for praising this people too much, I just cant say anything bad about them who are friendly at the same time.
The internal medicine consultants are terrific, so with the pediatrics and o&g. Facilities are average but manageable. I tell you guys, there is nothing to regret entering the school if ur intention is to study! You will have competent people around you.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Oazeez: 9:12am On Oct 06, 2015
Good morning folks... I wish to inform u that I'm a product of Madonna university and I can tell u beyond reasonable doubt that the sch is not as it is being projected. Agreed that the administration of the school is not gud, the quality of education in the school is relative to the best... I graduated from the dept of Biochemistry, one of the best dept in the institution. Other clinical courses, pharmacy, management, law and education are very gud. Engineering is still upgrading so I don't know wat some pple here are saying... I believe if u are not in the system, u won't understand the system, even when I was in the sch I mind my business and as a result I don't fall victim of Philo et al... Wen u place yourself in a position of respect, nobody ridicules you, and when u fall victim of circumstances then you shld check yourself properly, if they have not been following u from the village, then there are some things u re doing behind close doors. At least I graduated successfully from the sch, with no serious issues, I have only paid #2500 as fine and its a collective fine. We pay late clearances as everyone does it. Our school fee is relatively small for a private school compared to the quality of the education we get. Our school fees is the cheapest of all private universities...

1 Like

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by GLbaba: 9:14pm On Jun 09, 2017
it seems that this young man have alot of carry over, the way he's sounding hmm this young man is a failure Madonna is a disciplined school so Bleep your contribution, Bleep your write up
#daniel you're not learned at all
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by nwacprosper(m): 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2020
Please any recent medical graduating student here,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jambites In Nasarawa Staying Outside By 12:20am For Registration / Meet Dr Halima Muhammad Best Graduating Student Of Medicine In GSU / Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.