Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,666 members, 7,892,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 03:53 PM

I Need The Advice Of Legal Practioners - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Need The Advice Of Legal Practioners (429 Views)

Trial Of Gracious David West Stalled over Lack of Legal Representative / In Need Of Legal Aid In South Africa / See The Advice A Student Gave On How To Rape A Girl Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need The Advice Of Legal Practioners by technuel: 6:45am On Jul 27, 2022
Sometime in May this Year my Friend was at a Shop where they are charging phones making use of his Laptop to finish up a job he is supposed to send to his clients.

All of a sudden an Okada Man stopped in the front of the shop and started raining abusive words on him, calling him all kinds of unprintable names. So my friend was confused, because he can't remember knowing the man from Adam.
lalasticlala
Please Move to the front page for more suggestions
So my friend have to cut the call he was making and then enquired why the man was insulting him and the next thing was that the man used his hand and scattered his Laptop screen. So the man wanted to go and my friend checked his Laptop and found out that the screen is badly damaged.

So he blocked the man and asked him to repair his Laptop. So the man asked him to move out of his way so that he can go with His motorcycle.

This infuriated my friend and he have to seize his Bike. After some people tried to wade into the case and resolve it, they all left the man. The man entered another bike and left.

My friend went to a Vigilante Office in their home town to report the case and submit the bike to them. But unfortunately they were not working because of the security situation of South East. So my friend took the bike home.

He then went ahead and informed a former Commander of the Vigilante and the Chairman of his community Security that the Bike is in his custody and narrated what happened to them.

So after Four days, the man came with his kinsmen and they initiated a peaceful resolution to the matter. The man and his kinsmen asked my friend to check the cost of repairing the Laptop. My friend checked from his friends in Lagos and told the man that since he is a banker and could not have time to start going about to repair the Laptop that the only thing he can do is to waybill the Laptop to Lagos for repair.

The man agreed and later rejected the idea. He choosed another day to come and pick up the Laptop. At this point my friend involved his own kinsmen into the matter. The day he came to pick it up. Everybody was around both his kinsmen and my friend's kinsmen and an agreement was drafted. In that agreement, the man acknowledged that he broke my friends Laptop, he also acknowledged that his bike is with my friend and that he will repair the Laptop and his motorcycle will be released to him.

He signed the agreement and took the Laptop for repair. After one week he came back with the Laptop and he have repaired the screen. But the problem now Is that all my friends files was wiped away and his premium CS6 Files was uninstalled and the raw files was badly damaged. My friend protested and the man and his kinsmen decided that they will take back the Laptop to the Technician to see how he can replace those software my friend lost.

Now the man didn't come. He went to report the matter to a police man who called my friend. My friend later decided to endure all his losses and called the man to come and carry his bike.

The man came and insisted that he will never leave with the bike and that my friend must pay him 3000 naira damage for all the days the motorcycle stayed in his house. At this point my friend took the bike to Police Area Command and made an entry. The man later went there and carried his bike.

Now the Matters arising is that the man have written to my friend through his lawyer that my friend should pay him 3,000 naira damage for one month or they will take a legal action at the expiration of 7 days notice. So at the point what should my friend actually do.

Please I need advice of experts.
Re: I Need The Advice Of Legal Practioners by gulfer: 6:55am On Jul 27, 2022
Lawyers, come and help this brother with advise o undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Need The Advice Of Legal Practioners by delzbaba(m): 7:13am On Jul 27, 2022
3000 naira case? Abeg let him continue writing his letters, your friend should move on with his life, your friend has done the proper thing.
Re: I Need The Advice Of Legal Practioners by VeryWickedMan: 8:16am On Jul 27, 2022
This thread is full of poverty and foolishness.

1 Like

Re: I Need The Advice Of Legal Practioners by UptownVibes(m): 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2022
delzbaba:
3000 naira case? Abeg let him continue writing his letters, your friend should move on with his life, your friend has done the proper thing.
3000x 1month. After damaging his lappy,then he still wants me to pay him that amount? Lol.. If na me,I for first break the man head sef. Then we go head to court,make I see who dey back am up..

1 Like

Re: I Need The Advice Of Legal Practioners by technuel: 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
delzbaba:

Thank You

(1) (Reply)

WATCH VIDEO; Alleged Yahoo Boy Kills Girlfriend And Buries Her In His Room In B / Cubana Chief Priest Narrowly Escapes Death As Unknown Gunmen Riddle His Convoy / Police Arrest Four Suspected Carjackers Terrorising Lagos Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.