Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,358 members, 7,940,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:13 AM

We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola (4679 Views)

Aregbesola New Road Construction In Osogbo (pictures) / Ige Street At Iyana Ipaja Flooded After Rains / We’ll Start Exporting Rice In Three Years – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by Gbawe: 8:54am On Aug 02, 2011
muta_78:

Aregbe is changing the face of leadership in osun viz o-yes, reduction in school fees of tertiary institutions, resolving lautech crisis, environmental sanitation, free eye treatment, etc even without commissioner.

For this trend, let wait and see how it goes b4 comments

Indeed. Suffice to say that , in 9 months as Governor,  Aregbesola , by far, is already a vast improvement over 'guns and thugs' Oyinlola from the "nest of killers" PDP who held sway for almost 8 years. The most sensible thing to do would be to give Aregbesola time and not pay attention to the distractive "tantrum" of empty losers who, ordinarily,  should be ashamed of their support of those who were given so much (8 years shocked shocked) yet failed Nigeria abysmally.
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by misterh(m): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2011
doxime:

I am neither for ACN nor for PDP bc all Dem politicians na d same
the honest question is this,
why would a governor wait for the end of the rainy season before embarking on road rehabilitation and construction. how many months of dry season do we have in osun.
while china is building wonders somebody is waiting for rains to build ordinary roads and you guys out there are supporting him.
there is always a reason for inactivity.
and it will be a big mistake to compare the 2 uncomparable societies. China is a developed country while Osun is a state in an undeveloped nation. The people criticising Aregbesola are not being fair. He has not violated the constitution by not appointing commissioners yet_ now he has even sent the list of nominees to the House. This man met a decayed state when he assumed power & methinks it'll be a misplaced priority to hurriedly appoint commissioners who will further drain the state's already depleted resources. Instead the OYES program is being funded by the security votes that was hitherto been embezzled. A large %tage of govt officials when he came were PDP members who were ready to pour sand into his garri so he had to tread softly. Mind you, after he came in last year, a large chunk of PDP members defected, hoping for political appointments. Now after having the real control of the state via the last elections, he can now appoint commissioners whose names he has already forwarded to d House.
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by Gbawe: 11:22am On Aug 02, 2011
misterh:

and it will be a big mistake to compare the 2 uncomparable societies. China is a developed country while Osun is a state in an undeveloped nation. The people criticising Aregbesola are not being fair. He has not violated the constitution by not appointing commissioners yet_ now he has even sent the list of nominees to the House. This man met a decayed state when he assumed power & methinks it'll be a misplaced priority to hurriedly appoint commissioners who will further drain the state's already depleted resources. Instead the OYES program is being funded by the security votes that was hitherto been embezzled. A large %tage of govt officials when he came were PDP members who were ready to pour sand into his garri so he had to tread softly. Mind you, after he came in last year, a large chunk of PDP members defected, hoping for political appointments. Now after having the real control of the state via the last elections, he can now appoint commissioners whose names he has already forwarded to d House.

Indeed. For the sake of fairness, one would hope Nigerians educate themselves better and seek out information that will help them discern clearly [/b]between light and darkness and between Night and day. Oyinlola, in almost 8 years and in typical  PDP style, misruled Osun state woefully.

We know it would serve the agenda of some for Aregbesola , [b]even as he has done nada  wrong
, to be written off as a failure after 9 months. If Aregbesola , rather than the historically progressive and pro-people achiever he is , had a history of mediocrity, empty promises, deceit and indolence then I would have no problem believing that the folks claiming he is making excuses are justified. As it is , and going by Aregbesola's history, it appears what is bothering some folks is that Aregbesola is about to now deliver in a short period of time what the PDP could not do over 8 years in control of Osun State. The man's approval rating amongst the citizens of Osun is 100% !!

Many of those making noise here are not from Osun , or even the SW, and they understand very little about the political 'dynamics' Aregbesola had to balance to get to this stage where he is now sufficiently in control and ready to deliver. We forget that Oshiomhole too was terribly bogged down with attempting to dismantle the Anenih/PDP hegemony that had cornered every political activity of Edo State negatively and malevolently. Nigerians should look up the history of their leaders before voting for them . Doing so will show them , clearly, who is likely to perform and who cannot.
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by Beaf: 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2011
dayokanu:

If people were already cutting grass in Osun before Aregbe and he added 20,000 new grass cutters to them, that means either they cut more grasses or they cut the available grasses faster, Either one is work done and kudos to the govt.

If somebody was already cutting grass in Osun State before Aregbesola why did he still have a backlog of 20,000 unemployed youths to cut grass?

These are 20,000 people who could have taken to crime, The ACN govt is too people sensitive to allow 20,000 ppl go to the streets when they can from govt purse pay them for whatever service rendered an use the money to pursue their dreams

Question is the money paid to these 20,000 people what was the PDP govt spending it on? Or was it part of the money for the boys the PDP normally does?

The irresponsibility which PDP represents all over the country in Nauseating to people of the SW and Osun in particular thats why they were the only State in the whole South who overwhelmingly voted their party candidate for president

LOLZZZZZZZ!!!!!
Dude, those labourers will always be available to cut grass and carry rocks, they will be there too after Aregbesola to cut more grass. Have you ever heard of scarcity of labourers anywhere on Earth?
It takes a highly delusional gov to scream that as some grand govt policy. Its just plain ridiculous and damn funny.
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by dayokanu(m): 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2011
Beaf:

LOLZZZZZZZ!!!!!
Dude, those labourers will always be available to cut grass and carry rocks, they will be there too after Aregbesola to cut more grass. Have you ever heard of scarcity of labourers anywhere on Earth?
It takes a highly delusional gov to scream that as some grand govt policy. Its just plain ridiculous and damn funny.

Isnt it funny that a govt in less than 1yr has reduced unemployment in his state by 20,000.

Those 20,000 grass cutters were previously unemployed people/citizen ignored by the PDP govt to satisfy their theiving gangs from Abuja

You still havent answered the question, [size=18pt]Where was the money currently being paid to the OYES staff going to under the thieving PDP regime for 7 good yrs?[/size]

Or is Aregbe manufacturing money suddenly?
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by Demdem(m): 4:57pm On Aug 02, 2011
When Aregbesola was commissioner in Lagos, i was still resident in Lagos. The guy surely was an hardworking fellow. There was no doubt that he had a full grasp of Lagos roads and infact was moved when listening to him one time on TV that he even knows them to their name including mine then which was in a remote part in Ikosi-Ketu.

I have no doubt that Osun state voted for the right person. Good luck to them.
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by dayokanu(m): 4:59pm On Aug 02, 2011
Demdem:

When Aregbesola was commissioner in Lagos, i was still resident in Lagos. The guy surely was an hardworking fellow. There was no doubt that he has a full grasp of Lagos roads and infact was moved when listening to him on time on TV that he even knows them to their name including mine then which was in a remote part in Ikosi-Ketu.

Thank you oooh

Unlike those PDP people who have zero track record, Zero antecedents, Nothing to write home about apart from the fact that they had no shoes
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by Gbawe: 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2011
Demdem:

When Aregbesola was commissioner in Lagos, i was still resident in Lagos. The guy surely was an hardworking fellow. There was no doubt that he has a full grasp of Lagos roads and infact was moved when listening to him on time on TV that he even knows them to their name including mine then which was in a remote part in Ikosi-Ketu.

Abeg help me tell them OOOO . Aregbesola , like Fashola and Chime, has a genuine disposition towards service delivery for the electorate. The 'usual suspects' can aim to discredit those type of leaders as long as they want but , in the end, tangible and visible performance will speak for itself to shut up mischief-makers.
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by emiye(m): 11:52pm On Aug 02, 2011
For my Governor to have created jobs for 10,000 [/b]in lieu of at most [b]100 is better, to be most likely serviced with the same amount. i Think nigerians are always beclouded with the traditional elitist approach of governance.
At worst, it is still palliatives for now, an hungry man is an angry man.

When we sit down and ask ourselves real questions like how prevalent poverty is ravaging the voiceless ones, we will understand what real development is.

Was able to slashed the tuition fee of Osun State University students by over 60% , good news to parents and students; students who might have dropped out of school, or resort to crime!!!.

Abraham lincoln once said, “If I had six hours to cut down trees, I’d spend the first three hours sharpening my axe, and the last three cutting down the trees.” Lincoln was a smart man.

Aregbesola's antecedents speaks for him. He performed creditably well as Commissioner of works in Lagos.
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by PointB: 12:16am On Aug 03, 2011
^^^^ I am actually curious as to reasons behind the delayed appointment of commissioners - omission or commission? One would have thought that in those difficult period when he was fighting to regain his stolen mandate, he would have taken steps to prepare for governance - commissioners included. Anyway, since they say the man has good antecedents, let's watch and see.
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by Demdem(m): 7:50am On Aug 03, 2011
^^^ I believe what should be of great concern to us all was if governance was affected adversely as a result of him naming his commissioners "late". So far no one (especially those resident in Osun) has been able to say such. also, did he breach the constitution as result of this? i honestly cant see anything wrong in that
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by PointB: 8:09pm On Aug 03, 2011
^^^^^
Not that anything is wrong with it (constitutionally or otherwise). However, I think there is wisdom in the saying - two good heads are better than one.
Judging from comments, he (Aregbesola) had his breakthrough working as a commissioner in fashola's administration. This goes to show that getting the right people and quickly too, to work with you is very critical in governance. Two (good people) can achieve better result than one! You can't govern alone! My two kobo.
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by Demdem(m): 7:51am On Aug 04, 2011
PointB:

^^^^^
Not that anything is wrong with it (constitutionally or otherwise). However, I think there is wisdom in the saying - two good heads are better than one.
Judging from comments, he (Aregbesola) had his breakthrough working as a commissioner in fashola's administration. This goes to show that getting the right people and quickly too, to work with you is very critical in governance. Two (good people) can achieve better result than one! You can't govern alone! My two kobo.

Actually, it was Tinubu's administration.

To be honest, you are quite right. getting more better heads will probably be profitable.
however, i dont think he has been working alone to execute his government policies. He has gotten his own immediate staffs, the civil service, permanent secretaries and probably board of state parastatals. Anyway, the commissioners have been sent to the house for approval i guess, lets see how it goes. wink
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by Gbawe: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2011
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=18903

‘Osun’ll Open Up Orile Owu To Link Ogun State’

Osun State governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, has said that the road linking Osun State with Ogun State en-route Orile-Owu, would soon be reconstructed, to enhance inter-state movement and trade between Ogun and Osun states, thereby fast-tracking socio-economic transformation of the two sister states.
Aregbesola made this known while on a visit to Ayedaade Local Government Council Area, where he commissioned series of projects executed by the Chairman, caretaker committee of the council area, Evangelist Nathaniel Akinsoji Arabambi, to mark his 100 days in office.
The state deputy governor, who represented the governor on the occasion, Otunba (Mrs) Grace Laoye-Tomori, commissioned several blocks of classrooms, teachers’ offices built in various schools at Oogi, Orile-Owu, Odeomu and Gbongan. Others included a new Primary Health Centre at Motako, Orile-Owu and a block of 10 open market stalls at Odeomu.
Also at the commissioning, the council’s caretaker committee boss donated medical equipment worth thousands of naira to the Primary Health Centre in the area. He commended the administration of Rauf Aregbesola for being a people-friendly government that has taken several worthy steps towards ensuring qualitative health care delivery in Osun State.
While recounting his list of achievements, Arabambi described Aregbesola as a motivating factor, whose style of governance, passion and skills have kept him on his toes to make laudable impact on the lives of the people of Ayedaade.
Receiving the equipment on behalf of Aregbesola, Laoye-Tomori described the Ayedaade council boss as a true replica of Aregbesola, an attribute which the deputy governor said came through the council boss’ laudable impact in the areas of education and health-care delivery within his short period of holding sway at the helms of affairs in the council area.
The deputy governor then assured that Odeomu, being a major town in the council area, would receive a lot of face-lift, just as Orile-Owu would be opened up as a town linking Osun with Ogun State.
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by Beaf: 11:21am On Aug 04, 2011
^
Lol! If only words could produce development!

Waiting for dry season, waiting for his first 365 days to expire before doing a days job, waiting for commisioners, waiting for hope.
Waiting, waiting, waiting. cry cry cry
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by olaolabiy: 11:23am On Aug 04, 2011
^^^^Beaf Beaf  smiley

How dey go dey go nau?

O l'enu pa!
Re: We’ll Start Road Construction, Maintenance After Rains – Aregbesola by PointB: 8:26pm On Aug 04, 2011
Demdem:

Actually, it was Tinubu's administration.

To be honest, you are quite right. getting more better heads will probably be profitable.
however, i dont think he has been working alone to execute his government policies. He has gotten his own immediate staffs, the civil service, permanent secretaries and probably board of state parastatals. Anyway, the commissioners have been sent to the house for approval i guess, lets see how it goes. wink

Correction taken.

We'll wait and see. And honestly I wish the governor well. His success will have an impact directly or indirectly on every Nigerian, so I pray he turns out well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Arrested In Houston, Texas For Money Order Fraud. Emmauel Akioyamen. / PICTURES OF SARDAUNA AHMADU BELLO / We Are Ready For War, If Buhari Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.