Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,190 members, 7,907,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 06:03 AM

Deltans Attack Shell For Selling OMLs And Not Consulting Them - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deltans Attack Shell For Selling OMLs And Not Consulting Them (4625 Views)

Niger Delta Militants Attack Shell Facility, Kill Guard / Fear Of Possible Attack: Shell Shuts Down Flow Stations In Bayelsa / Fear Of Attack: Shell Shuts Station In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deltans Attack Shell For Selling OMLs And Not Consulting Them by erico2k2(m): 9:30pm On Aug 08, 2011
blink182:

I love the argument between ahf and erico2k2. At this point, I'll really love erico2k2 to explain the bonny mystery.
lol Ok I will explain, cos there are plants there for harvesting the so caled flaired gases, chevron are still constructing the 3rd faze there,I would try and get some pics for you guys, my mate works there still its been going on for 2 years now.
Re: Deltans Attack Shell For Selling OMLs And Not Consulting Them by erico2k2(m): 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2011
Dede1:

Again intellectually or geographically, there is no Niger Delta. Niger Delta is a misnomer. When you have time to waste, I urge you to visit Atlas and sort out the visual and geographical expression called Nigeria. You would find that River Niger and River Benue merged to form River Niger-Benue. In actual physical geography, the delta erroneously referred as Niger Delta is formed by Rivers such as Niger, Benue, Imo, Anambra, Urashi and Utamiri. Now the actual states situated in this delta are Abia, Anambra, Bayelsa, Imo and Rivers.

All the blind arrogations of Niger Delta at certain political quarters in Nigeria remain political shenanigans best described as foolish.

Nop, I disagree with you right there, before OBJ,the Niger Delta was Delta,Bayelsa and Rivers state, it was when OBJ came into power that he OBJ in 2000 for political reasons and oil derivatives he added other states to it which are Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Cross River State, Edo, Imo and Ondo .and that is a well known fact.so Anambra is not in the Niger Delta, go and ask.
Re: Deltans Attack Shell For Selling OMLs And Not Consulting Them by NegroNtns(m): 3:51am On Aug 09, 2011
@OP,

By all means, right or wrong, we ought to first come to defence of the Deltans against Shell.

Defense the people first, ask questions later.

In defense of the affected communities, why can't we adopt a similar attitude to this situation that the gulf states took in their respond to BP arrogance to the oil spill?

Pay the people first, ask questions later!

Indigenes and land owners will always have first priority interest. The land is sold does not mean their interest is ceased.

Land is man and man is land. From land we came and to it is our return.

When a land deed or agreement is violated its like the spirit of the people is violated.

So the land was sold but their spirit on the land is not sold, so Shell need to be sensitive to their issues.
Re: Deltans Attack Shell For Selling OMLs And Not Consulting Them by ahf(m): 8:17am On Aug 09, 2011
ahf:

Gas flaring still on is caused by NNPC and not SPDC (or the other multinationals).

All projects are funded by partners in ratio of their holdings. NNPC (the FG) has refused to provide funds to install gas gathering facitlities and have also refused to have the wells shut-in.

We "Nigerians" are our own problem. Instead of proposing/seeking solutions, we resort to molestation, tribalism,
insults and name calling.

Multinationals abandoning us, local cabal running the show, same ol same ol (if not even worse).

The company just wants to sell and leave those areas, the JV majority shareholder should act and have the sale done to whoever they please, so that this multinational excuse can go away.

GEJ in power, we are waiting for the changes,

erico2k2:

lol Ok I will explain, cos there are plants there for harvesting the so caled flaired gases, chevron are still constructing the 3rd faze there,I would try and get some pics for you guys, my mate works there still its been going on for 2 years now.

@erico2k2 - Reference my first post of the issue above. I referred to "GAS GATHERING" not "GAS PROCESSING".

Bonny NLNG is a gas processing facility.

Associated Gas is piped from nearby fields to this plant for processing as such you wont expect to find flares in communities close to this plant. However a very distant field. (e.g. in Edo State) would require pipelines to gather the gas and trunk it to the nearest plant. The FG is not doing their part by not providing funds to build such gathering facilities. (55% has to be funded by them).

You are right, some more Gas processing facilities are in the works and been built, but for God sake, shut down the wells until the plants are ready, and spare people the torture of flaring.

MY POINT - FG (NNPC) fund this gas gathering facilities and stop playing politics (greed) with peoples place of living.
Re: Deltans Attack Shell For Selling OMLs And Not Consulting Them by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 09, 2011
ahf:

@erico2k2 - Reference my first post of the issue above. I referred to "GAS GATHERING" not "GAS PROCESSING".

Bonny NLNG is a gas processing facility.

Associated Gas is piped from nearby fields to this plant for processing as such you wont expect to find flares in communities close to this plant. However a very distant field. (e.g. in Edo State) would require pipelines to gather the gas and trunk it to the nearest plant. The FG is not doing their part by not providing funds to build such gathering facilities. (55% has to be funded by them).

You are right, some more Gas processing facilities are in the works and been built, but for God sake, shut down the wells until the plants are ready, and spare people the torture of flaring.

MY POINT - FG (NNPC) fund this gas gathering facilities and stop playing politics (greed) with peoples place of living.
Lol, in your dreams, wells should be locked, I guess almost all the wells in the country will be shut.

PS: The nigerian government does not care for her people that much
Re: Deltans Attack Shell For Selling OMLs And Not Consulting Them by erico2k2(m): 11:45pm On Aug 09, 2011
@ahf
now we are almost at level terms, I am not a lame man when it comes to the Oil industry,I know my Onions very , now you agree with me that there are some gas processing facilitites built, as for the %55, I would like to think this as your own assumption as I have never heard of this B4 if this is true plz, give me a refrence page or Doc.As per the gas gathering, let me try and explain a wee bit how this works,its almost same as crude oil processing,gas needs to be piped to a centre point called flow stations not gathered or stored lol cos they are in thier natural stage whic you mentioned ie Asociated gases(But I would like to reffer to this as Natural GAS) then trunked to an LNG plant,the LNG plant is just like
a refinary,Now,U made refrence to Edo state,there are oil wells in part of Edo state near Ologbo,the nearest refinary to that is Warri,how do you think this is trunked to warri?Now in my town we have 48 wells three flow stations all 48 wells are piped to these three flow station,these flow stations have a massive compresor which presurize the crude into the main trunk line at this point hope you get where the word trunk comes from, ie it is associated with a flow station,the trunks are like 4ft wide,these goes directly to the refinary at warri.
SO this is what is going to happen,it takes time to buildand this is not the only plan the FG has, chevron is responsible for supplying gas to all NIPP plants being built,some of them are now in oporation some are WIP.
Re: Deltans Attack Shell For Selling OMLs And Not Consulting Them by erico2k2(m): 11:46pm On Aug 09, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

@OP,

By all means, right or wrong, we ought to first come to defence of the Deltans against Shell.

Defense the people first, ask questions later.

In defense of the affected communities, why can't we adopt a similar attitude to this situation that the gulf states took in their respond to BP arrogance to the oil spill?

Pay the people first, ask questions later!

Indigenes and land owners will always have first priority interest. The land is sold does not mean their interest is ceased.

Land is man and man is land. From land we came and to it is our return.

When a land deed or agreement is violated its like the spirit of the people is violated.

So the land was sold but their spirit on the land is not sold, so Shell need to be sensitive to their issues.
EXACTLY
Re: Deltans Attack Shell For Selling OMLs And Not Consulting Them by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 10, 2011
erico2k2:

EXACTLY
Not through brute force. If shell should match force with force you all know what will happen and remember the federal government is more on their side.

What we should hope for is to get our senators and representatives of the affected areas in that useless oil and land law to try and upturn it.
Re: Deltans Attack Shell For Selling OMLs And Not Consulting Them by erico2k2(m): 10:01am On Aug 10, 2011
blink182:

Not through brute force. If shell should match force with force you all know what will happen and remember the federal government is more on their side.

What we should hope for is to get our senators and representatives of the affected areas in that useless oil and land law to try and upturn it.
Blink force or no force, shell will still lose even the FG would lose more,leave all thos propoganda on the TV, we all know what is happening on ground,even the SOldiers hate the conflict cos thier runs get spoilt. to them going to the creek is like going on a peace keeping mission.
Re: Deltans Attack Shell For Selling OMLs And Not Consulting Them by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2011
erico2k2:

Blink force or no force, shell will still lose even the FG would lose more,leave all thos propoganda on the TV, we all know what is happening on ground,even the SOldiers hate the conflict cos thier runs get spoilt. to them going to the creek is like going on a peace keeping mission.
I agree

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reason Why Buhari Is Blocking DSS From Aso Rock / Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge / 2023: Tinubu Kick-starts Presidential Campaign On October 1 (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.