Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (969) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1302947 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Niyibamo(m): 11:58pm On Mar 30, 2023
Yes, took me just a month to receive it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tracy0803409: 1:55am On Mar 31, 2023
Hello house,PPR for all my friend's family, Family of 5, application approved

Please, her husband wants to go first, because she put to birth on Tuesday through CS, as I speak,she's still in the hospital.

Please, the husband did his biometrics in Lagos, what documents does he need to submit, and please how will he go about it?

Please answers needed, am helping out please

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iykevirgo: 1:57am On Mar 31, 2023
Hello guys,

A quick one. In a situation where the validity period of the medicals expires before arrival in Canada. How long does it take to get a new POE Introduction Letter, after submitting a new medical report?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MideBrains: 2:22am On Mar 31, 2023
Hi.

I can totally relate.

I got an offer from Humber in February 2023. Here is the right procedure to download your payment invoice and make payment.

Step 1: log in to MyHumber (humber.ca/myhumber), select Student, then select Student & Fees, click on Tuition and Fees Quote, and then click View Fee Quote and download.

Step 2: Once downloaded, Open it- you will see a break down of your fees by semester. You only need to pay first semester fees as tuition deposit.

Step 3: Create a Paynent on Flywire (Humbers Official International payment partner)

If you scroll doen that same invoice document, you'll see 'payment options for international students' . If you are going through form A, the right payment option is INTERNATIONAL PAYMENTS.

Under this option, You will see a link. Click on it. Scroll down to 'Payments Options'. Select 'Pay Through Flywire' Then folloe the step by step instructions to pay, fill in all necessary details. Then under payment method select 'BANK TRANSFER' since you are using form A.

Once you are done, you'll see or receive a PDF doc titeled PAYMENT INSTRUCTION. This contains payment instructions you will enter in your form A online application . E. G bank account details, amount, sort code, etc.

Step 4: Gather your docs for Form A Application.

I used my dad's bank account so I submitted these documents :

Intl passport data page
Offer letter from Humber
First degree certificate
Debit instruction written by my dad to his bank
Humber Invoice
Flywire Payment Instruction
Humber Letter of Authorization
Evidence of relationship between my dad and I e.g Family photos, Utility Bill, Sponsor NIN etc.

These requirements vary from. Bank to bank. Depending on yojr program. Some banks dont accept graduate certificate programs. E. G first bank. I cant advise you on what bank to use. Some naira landers have mentioned GTB, UBA, Zenith in some threads.

Step 5: Apply online. Create an account on CBN'S Trade Monitoring Systems portal. If your BVN or your sponsor's BVN hasn't been linked to your current email, you may not be able to create an account.

If you try to do thiw, it tells you you need to link youe BVN, please visit your Bank to do it.

Step 6: FIll the online application.

Take your time to enter the details correctly in your FormA application. Once you've submitted your form A, please take hardcopy to the bank and follow up with them aggressively.

Goodluck. I wish you all the best and I hope to connect with you at Humber this year by His Special Grace. πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸΎ

ChiomaMC:
Please I just got an offer at Humber college, and was asked to pay before May17th but there's no link to pay. Does anyone have Humber admission? how did you do your payment please. They didn't even state exact amount for first semester for me to pay as they stipulated.
Someone should help me out please.
Secondly, which bank can be faster with form A to meet up with this deadline? also can I ask for extension of fee deadline? Someone with experience should suggest for me. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iykevirgo: 3:03am On Mar 31, 2023
Please, like how long is the process time?
MideBrains:
Hi.

I can totally relate.

I got an offer from Humber in February 2023. Here is the right procedure to download your payment invoice and make payment.

Step 1: log in to MyHumber (humber.ca/myhumber), select Student, then select Student & Fees, click on Tuition and Fees Quote, and then click View Fee Quote and download.

Step 2: Once downloaded, Open it- you will see a break down of your fees by semester. You only need to pay first semester fees as tuition deposit.

Step 3: Create a Paynent on Flywire (Humbers Official International payment partner)

If you scroll doen that same invoice document, you'll see 'payment options for international students' . If you are going through form A, the right payment option is INTERNATIONAL PAYMENTS.

Under this option, You will see a link. Click on it. Scroll down to 'Payments Options'. Select 'Pay Through Flywire' Then folloe the step by step instructions to pay, fill in all necessary details. Then under payment method select 'BANK TRANSFER' since you are using form A.

Once you are done, you'll see or receive a PDF doc titeled PAYMENT INSTRUCTION. This contains payment instructions you will enter in your form A online application . E. G bank account details, amount, sort code, etc.

Intl passport data page
Offer letter from Humber
First degree certificate
Humber Invoice
Evidence of relationship between my dad and I e.g Family photos, Utility Bill, Sponsor NIN etc.

These requirements vary from. Bank to bank. Depending on yojr program. Some banks dont accept graduate certificate programs. E. G first bank. I cant advise you on what bank to use. Some naira landers have mentioned GTB, UBA, Zenith in some threads.

Step 5: Apply online. Create an account on CBN'S Trade Monitoring Systems portal. If your BVN or your sponsor's BVN hasn't been linked to your current email, you may not be able to create an account.

If you try to do thiw, it tells you you need to link youe BVN, please visit your Bank to do it.

Take your time to enter the details correctly in your FormA application. Once you've submitted your form A, please take hardcopy to the bank and follow up with them aggressively.

Goodluck. I wish you all the best and I hope to connect with you at Humber this year by His Special Grace. πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸΎ

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by simababe(f): 3:23am On Mar 31, 2023
I see people filling form IMM 1294, IMM 5645, IMM 5257 but i do not have that option in the form I'm filling for my sister. Please do I Google this, download and fill it before uploading it in the optional documents section?

Also, under supporting docs, it's asking me to upload letter of acceptance and official letter for sch(coop letter). The Admission letter has the Coop mentioned in it. Does it mean I'm uploading same doc twice in different tabs?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chemicalibk: 3:25am On Mar 31, 2023
tracy0803409:
Hello house,PPR for all my friend's family, Family of 5, application approved

Please, her husband wants to go first, because she put to birth on Tuesday through CS, as I speak,she's still in the hospital.

Please, the husband did his biometrics in Lagos, what documents does he need to submit, and please how will he go about it?

Please answers needed, am helping out please

Congratulations
I think he can submit all their passports for visa first, family can decide when to join him there but atleast their passports should be stamped

Can you please share when they submitted their application and got PPR

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 5:42am On Mar 31, 2023
Congratulations
Jogma:

Sure. For study permit/Temporary residence visa
1. Fill IMM 1294 form - Application for study permit outside Canada
2. Letter of Acceptance from your school (Offer of admission)
3. Passport data page
4. Proof of funds for tuition and Living expense
5. Digital passport photo
6. Fill IMM 5645 form - Family information
7. Proof of upfront medicals
8. Fill IMM 5257 form - Application for TRV outside Canada.
9. Client information (Letter of Explanation).

For Letter of Explanation, i gave reasons for study decision, explained adequate proof of fund and showed ties to return to home country.
Uploaded LOI from my office, proof of funds letter from bank, receipt of paid tuition deposit, Proof of ties to Home country - Marriage cert, kids birth cert, family photo, photo and document of landed properties, employment letter from office, payslip for 4 months, travel history and visa stamps on ur passport (if any), first degree certificate, NYSC certificate, Police character certificate (not sure if this was important but added it anyways).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by isangjohnson: 6:18am On Mar 31, 2023
MideBrains:
Hi.

I can totally relate.

Intl passport data page
Offer letter from Humber
First degree certificate
Humber Invoice

I'll like to make payment through FormA. My school is Conestoga.
How do I go about the link?
Anyone that has made FormA payment with Conestoga should please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ilueh: 6:25am On Mar 31, 2023
iwanvisityankee:
What is the current price for transmission fee, for someone who did biometrics and prefer to send passport to Abuja.

I've been seeing different prices on this thread. I checked VFS website, it's not written there.

9930 plus 990 SMS fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DandyJ: 6:29am On Mar 31, 2023
iwanvisityankee:
yes. Then print out the transfer receipt

Thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gentlesoul3268: 6:31am On Mar 31, 2023
How do you booked for upfront medical through Qlife? Please explain I will like to book immediately I Submitted my application.

Jogma:

Thanks. I don't think it should as long as other docs are complete.
Upfront medicals - 16th mar
Submitted application - 16th mar
Biometric letter - 17th mar
Biometrics - 20th mar
Confirmed Qlife submitted my medicals on 22nd.
PP request - 28th mar.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by isangjohnson: 6:37am On Mar 31, 2023
The Fbn I went told me to provide admission letter with school account details before the bank can process FormA for me.
Unfortunately, Conestoga only provided acceptance letter without account details. It seems the school prefer third party transaction like Flywire.
The last time I checked, there was no different between Flywire rate and black market rate.
Please, anyone that has gone through FormA route should let me know the procedure. I've up to about 5 months to pay for my tuition fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FranklynJonin: 6:49am On Mar 31, 2023
Please I want to know how much they would charge at the airport if you have an extra luggage traveling with Qatar airways or any other airline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FranklynJonin: 6:49am On Mar 31, 2023
Please I want to know how much they would charge at the airport if you have an extra luggage traveling with Qatar airways or any other airline??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 7:20am On Mar 31, 2023
Ilueh:

9930 plus 990 SMS fee
Thanks for your response. Do I need to make the payment separately or together?

Hope I can transfer and print out the transfer receipt. Or is there any other way they do it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 7:21am On Mar 31, 2023
FranklynJonin:
Please I want to know how much they would charge at the airport if you have an extra luggage traveling with Qatar airways or any other airline??
I heard upgrading is cheaper than paying for excess luggage. Pls do your research well so you won't waste money

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Timcarey: 7:30am On Mar 31, 2023
Hello everyone, i am from Nigeria applying for a canada student visa, i got a PFL stating: Specifically, I have concerns that you owe $670 to the crown with regard to your application V338145284. Please provide your explanation and payment. You can contact Collection Services at 1-888-448-4426 or by email to: IRCC.FINDebtstotheCrown- DettesalaCouronneFIN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca,This error and act is made by my friend who helped my with canada visiting visa year 2020 for me, my wife and the kids which i did not get any response about, i am been told to pay this money back which i did and also send a letter of explanation on what happened, i back my letter up with little evidence i can get like a prove of my money my so called friend refunded and also bank statement of 2020 showing when i made this payment to my friend in local currency, i also submitted a copy of Interpol police report stating i have no criminal records. What are my chances of getting approval ? i am so worried of what the outcome might be.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 7:46am On Mar 31, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Send your emedical sheet via webform and email. Send to at least 5 visa offices - Nairobi, Ottawa, London, Beijing, Lagos and Manila.
Thanks so much friend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 8:02am On Mar 31, 2023
Timcarey:
Hello everyone, i am from Nigeria applying for a canada student visa, i got a PFL stating: Specifically, I have concerns that you owe $670 to the crown with regard to your application V338145284. Please provide your explanation and payment. You can contact Collection Services at 1-888-448-4426 or by email to: IRCC.FINDebtstotheCrown- DettesalaCouronneFIN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca,This error and act is made by my friend who helped my with canada visiting visa year 2020 for me, my wife and the kids which i did not get any response about, i am been told to pay this money back which i did and also send a letter of explanation on what happened, i back my letter up with little evidence i can get like a prove of my money my so called friend refunded and also bank statement of 2020 showing when i made this payment to my friend in local currency, i also submitted a copy of Interpol police report stating i have no criminal records. What are my chances of getting approval ? i am so worried of what the outcome might be.
With all your evidence u should be good. Don’t worry just put it in Gods hands. But u are good long as everything is genuine because they will verify every dot on those documents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mrsdoubra: 8:24am On Mar 31, 2023
otobor12:
Good morning my people... Please I need a shared apartment in Vaughan, Ontario... I will travel April, I just need apartment to be settled before I move... Thanks.

I will also be in Vaughan, you can share me your contact/email

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NnamdiN: 8:41am On Mar 31, 2023
Does anyone know how to pick up passport from vfs? Dhl doesn't pick up anymore
A friend's passport has been ready for a while and she doesn't know how to go about it.

Urgent please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Skillful001: 8:56am On Mar 31, 2023
Zeed13:
Write the admission body and explain to them.
Attach the new transcripts telling them a page is missing which u just realised. And that you apologise for this.

copy international office, admission and dean of your school.
Best of luck,

what is my chances of getting admission in the school as I have exceeded the deadline of documents submission. Your response will be so much appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 8:58am On Mar 31, 2023
NnamdiN:
A friend's passport has been ready for a while and she doesn't know how to go about it.

Urgent please

How did she submit the passport?

She was supposed to use UPS: they allow two way courier- they submit the passport to VFS and pick it back from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by isangjohnson: 8:59am On Mar 31, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Since he is getting a loan for the sponsorship that means he needs to send your the total funds to cover for the tuition,living expenses, return flight cost and miscellaneous.
$18,793+$10,000+$2500+$3000 = $34,293*336=N11,522,448 (This is the minimum you need.)
Thanks for your input
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 9:02am On Mar 31, 2023
NnamdiN:

Urgent please
Tell her to contact VFS through online chat. They will tell her what to do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 9:04am On Mar 31, 2023
I applied December o, I was waitlisted by February and now they gave me admission on my second choice of course, I got it on the 29th March
Let me state here that I wrote an email to them after all the courses I chose were waitlisted, like an annoying email asking why they waitlisted all my choices...Lol

ActivatedDreams:

Congratulations on your admission.

Not related to what you asked but how many weeks: months did it take to get an admission decision from humber college after applying ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HigherEd: 9:19am On Mar 31, 2023
Hello, Can you please add me to the group. Thank you
Motunoddy:
[Kindly check your mail.
quote author=Boovyspookyann post=120089464]A group has been created for people that applied to memorial university Newfoundland and are awaiting admission so that we can connect and help each other if you are interested send me an email so that I can add you to the group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:20am On Mar 31, 2023
isangjohnson:

Thanks for your input

That is the rate of exchange of Naira to CAD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NnamdiN: 9:53am On Mar 31, 2023
iwanvisityankee:
Tell her to contact VFS through online chat. They will tell her what to do
Thanks

Welsh2np:

How did she submit the passport?

She was supposed to use UPS: they allow two way courier- they submit the passport to VFS and pick it back from them.
she used dhl and they told her they don't do 2 way courier.

(1) (2) (3) ... (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) ... (1317)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.