Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:28 PM

2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? (25139 Views)

2023: Who Is Buhari's Anointed? - The Cable / 2023: Who Do You Think Should Be Tinubu's Running Mate? / 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Uniquekriss(m): 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2022
teawhy2788:
*LOOK AT TINUBU's CABINET AS GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE - By Olushola George Olumoroti (OGO)*

*LAI MOHAMMED* Chief of Staff from Kwara.

*YEMI OSINBANJO,* Attorney General from Ogun.

*WALE EDUN*,Finance Commissioner from Ogun.

*DELE ALAKE* Commissioner for Information from Ekiti

*RAUF AREGBESOLA* Commissioner for Works from Osun State.

*BEN AKABUEZE* Commissioner for Budget and Planning from Anambra State.

*FEMI LANLEHIN, SA* from Oyo State.

*AUTHUR WORREY* Commissioner for Lands from Delta State.

*HON. JAMES ABIODUN FALAKE*, third term Federal House of Representatives member, Representing Ikeja Federal Constituency - From Kogi State.

To name a few.

*For the eight years that he ruled Lagos*
He hired several guys to work with him. Apart from using them to work in his government, he also groomed them politically.

*Twelve years down the line* , see where those Tinubu guys are today -

1. PROF YEMI OSINBANJO, SAN was Tinubu's Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice.
He is today, Nigeria's Vice President.

2. *RAUF AREGBESOLA* was Tinubu's Commissioner for Works. Today he is a Minister after serving 8 years as Governor of Osun State.

3. *"BABATUNDE RAJI FASHIOLA SAN* was Tinubu's Chief of Staff. Today he is a Minister of works after 8 years as governor of Lagos State.

4. *ALHAJI LAI MOHAMMED* was Tinubu's first Chief of Staff and Commissioner. Today, he is a Minister of Information.

5. *BABATUNDE FOWLER* was appointed by Tinubu as Chairman of the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service. He was the immediate past Federal Inland Revenue Service Executive Chairman in our country.

7. *SUNDAY DARE,* was SA/ COS to Tinubu, today he is a Minister for sports.

8. *BABAJIDE SANWO-OLU* was Tinubu's Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, he is now Governor of Lagos State.

*At the National Assembly* there are countless "Tinubu boys" who have occupied and are still occupying seats till today including N0 4 citizen of Nigeria, *Speaker, House of Reps*

Since 1999, the Tinubu camp has produced almost 98% of the members of the National Assembly from Lagos State. Forget politics, this man is a political enigma. Rewind to 1999, I am sure most of us have forgotten the names of the People who were elected Governors when he was elected governor too, some of them have gone into political extinction or gasping for breath politically.

Indeed, most of them are no longer relevant today.

Tinubu has not only managed to remain extremely relevant, he has continued to control Lagos politics 100%. Not only that, he manages to carry his boys along and today they occupy critical positions in our national life.

Take it or leave it, Tinubu is today, Nigeria's most powerful politician. It didn't just happen by chance. He worked very hard for it. Very very hard. The hallmark of a true and Born leader is not just the ability to rule well but also the ability to nurture and groom associates.

Tinubu is not like some other politicians in Nigeria, He is a goal getter.....

There is nothing he touches that doesn't excel.

- *NADECO*, He fought the Military to a Standstill.

- *AD excelled,*

- *ACN excelled* and

- *APC is excelling.....*

- *TVC* is one of the top TV stations in Nigeria.

*The Nation* is one of the leading newspapers in Nigeria, thereby creating Employment to many people.

- *He makes people,*

- *He follows up on them.*

- *He forgives routinely,*

- *He fights to teach not to kill*

- *He is a Pillar of Democracy,*

- *Mentor of great men*

*Please,Tell me* or Name a Politician that has this Records since more than 3 Decades ago.

*J-A-G-A-B-A-N is a great man politically......*
I'm ashamed of you, if u can come here to boast that Tinubu controls Lagos politics 100% then you don't have a sense of belonging.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Freethinker87: 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2022
Peter Obi

I just want to prove to the ruling class that I am management and they're nothing but contract employees who i can fire at will without notice.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Pio44: 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2022
Sunday2021:
Atiku. Because he is more experience and religious tolerant.
mumu d girl they kill in sokoto how?
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by braveboi4life: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2022
Peter Gregory Obi, God keeping me alive I will be the 1st to get to my polling boot, cast my vote and wait to be counted.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Pio44: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2022
Peter obi, is clean, still young, intelligence wise, other na olodo and ole

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by osazsky(m): 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2022
akeeng:

Omo! Suffer no dey tire you? You no dey sorry for yourself? Poverty and hunger never do you?
sir ignore him
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Willie2015: 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2022
biafranrealson:
obi
he has good intention for the youths
he has the interest of the poor and elites , hence rejected every form of pension and gratuity after leaving office
he is not corrupt
no trace of bullion van to his house
no lekki toll gate fee
does not run alpha beta that collects revenue to his private pocket
young vibrant , and healthy
emotionally stable
wish to convert the nation from consuming to productive nation
and ,,,,,,,,,many more joor

Funny Dude...
You forgot to mention that Peter Obi...
had billions stashed away in British Virgin Island...
While Tinubu coys are in Nigeria providing jobs for Nigerians...

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by GodsOwnMan: 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2022
sammhi:
He didn't develop Lagos ....What exactly did he do? Can you list them !I l live in Lagos and is hell If Tinubu was FCT minister, he would have said he built Abuja.

If Tinubu didn't develop Lagos then why are Ibos running away from alaigbo to Lagos? I don't have time for too much turenchi.

I am supporting BAT because he developed Lagos, he will develop Nigeria. Simple. No big turenchi.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Dirtydog: 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2022
ATIKU....... Simply because he's Fulani cool
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by johnsaniolu(m): 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kwankwaso because of how he made Kano the world class city,
Because he want children of common man to get good life,
Because i just like the Guy sha
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by EMONFASHION65: 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2022
I am surprised hearing people that will vote Tinubu but Can't say the reason only he is qualified.Is it qualified in looting or buying vote or Bullion van.PLEASE I AM OBIDIENTLY USEFUL .

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by TheBeat: 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2022
casualobserver:

All of them have K-leg so my choice is simply who’s K-leg is least K and who can manage Nigeria in what will be a very trying period post 2023.

I’m voting for Tinubu. He has the experience and track record and has demonstrated a capacity to identify the issues, identify talent, put round pegs in round holes, a capacity to raise revenue which we will need, a capacity for innovation and thinking outside the box. He is not a tribalist or a religious bigot. Nigeria needs someone who can hit the ground running, Only Atiku and Tinubu have that quality. My major problem with Atiku is PDP and the type of characters in PDP.

Peter Obi IMHO is simply a con man taking advantage of Ibo sentiment and youth frustration, neither of which is rooted in rational thinking. His track record is mediocre at best, he has no meaningful or signature achievement as a 2 term governor during an economic boom!! If Nigeria weren’t in such dire circumstances I might have been tempted to vote for Obi/Datti just for change sake, just to send a message to the political class but Nigeria cannot afford amateurs and the inexperienced at this point . You don’t solve a problem by creating a bigger one….you only have to look at 8 yrs of Buhari, Nigeria cannot afford another president who will spend 4 yrs just figuring out how things work and what to do. IMHO Obi is the most dangerous option of the 3 for the future of Nigeria. A corrupt man who knows what he is doing and can grow the economy is 10x better than a so called clean man who hasn’t got a plan, a clue or the experience or the support in parliament to hit the ground running. Nigeria needs someone with a plan who can hit the ground running. I do not advocate corruption and embezzlement but I am a realist. A man who in 8 years increases IGR by 300% and steals 10% is better than a man who steals nothing but cannot raise IGR.
Whereas the former has created more money for public projects, the latter has done nothing.

At this point in time a thief who can build a road or send my child to school is better than a clean man who cannot improve my lot because he hasn’t got the ideas to raise revenue. Nigeria is maxed out debt wise, if you cannot raise revenue you will have no money to execute your promises.

You really can't hide your bigotry man. You probably hide in your village in osun and be making statement about a place you've never been to.
Tinubu made which Lagos?
What did he achieve with the huge resources in Lagos. He can't even stand Fashola and people like you would credit Fasholas achievement to the criminal. Collects Lagos revenue, install wife as senator, daughter as market head and even boots Ambode who your likes were praising as the best Governor then until the criminal rejected him. Tinubu was not better than Jakande and not better than Fashiola yet you call him father of Lagos. Lagos was the capital of Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by akeeng: 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2022
ribbit:
I'm living better than all your generation put together.

Also, if you have anyone better than tinubu, present his case or shut the fhuck up.

I'm not suffering.. I will never suffer.. that's for you and your family.
Let’s assume you are right about your living standard and the other gibberish, do you not feel sad seeing others suffer? Do you enjoy seeing people in pains? Don’t you have emotions and conscience?

You and your likes will be put to shame by God and man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Diligent1(f): 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2022
Stanleyq:
From my collation, obi won with a large margin here o
The real voters are not on social media
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Botnik: 4:51pm On Jul 31, 2022
biafranrealson:

you are naive and needs better education
please dazzle us with your unaitivity and better education by countering his post intelligently instead of sounding like a defeated clown.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Quodseverismete: 4:51pm On Jul 31, 2022
If not Peter Obi I no go vote
Because he has passion for the Job.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Diligent1(f): 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2022
akeeng:

Let’s assume you are right about your living standard and the other gibberish, do you not feel sad seeing others suffer? Do you enjoy seeing people in pains? Don’t you have emotions and conscience?

so everybody in Anambra are rich
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Tflex01: 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2022
Heterodox:
Funny enough, Tinubu is the only Politician with no godfather.

Absolutely!
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Diligent1(f): 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2022
TheBeat:

You really can't hide your bigotry man. You probably hide in your village in osun and be making statement about a place you've never been to.
Tinubu made which Lagos?
What did he achieve with the huge resources in Lagos. He can't even stand Fashola and people like you would credit Fasholas achievement to the criminal. Collects Lagos revenue, install wife as senator, daughter as market head and even boots Ambode who your likes were praising as the best Governor then until the criminal rejected him. Tinubu was not better than Jakande and not better than Fashiola yet you call him father of Lagos. Lagos was the capital of Nigeria.
At least Tinubu is better than Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by SenatePresdo(m): 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2022
ribbit:
where were these governors before 1999?

Why hasn't lokoja calabar or Enugu surpassed Lagos despite been capital for years like Lagos?

You can castigate tinubu but never downplay his achievements in governance. Cos you have nothing to compare it with.

Lagos had the biggest and Busiest Seaport in Nigeria.
Most Multinational Companies and Embassies have their office in lagos.
Lagos is the most populated city in Africa, which is the reason for its large market and IGR.

I repeat Tinubu didn't do anything special.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by akeeng: 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2022
easzypeaszy:
how him sufferness tk affect u.. U just vote who u wan vote mk una meet fr fightin ground..if ur candidate gt level he go win

The problem is, in this present wold, there are way more of your type (the clowns/f00ls) than the sensible and wise which is why we always end up in this sh!tty situation we are right now. But this time, we will deal with you all with our votes

HilcomTech:

Omo e be like say generational suffer dey follow yhur head for you 2b supporting that criminal mass murderer called Peter Obi.

I’m not surprised at your level of stvp!dity. I didn’t even mention my candidate or who I’ll be voting for, but you’ve concluded for me. Something common with your type
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Ppp1p: 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2022
No one worth my vote among them
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Tflex01: 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2022
Evergreen12345:

If you name one Igbo guy your Richer than I will fast you $700 now now I swear I will dash you $700 if you tell me any Igbo person you are richer than !

Go and sit your fake ass down!

Na for online all of Una dey form rich. There are many Igbo beggars everywhere.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by penearth(m): 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2022
#Obi2023
Obi will surely win with a landslide margins every where

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by akeeng: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
Diligent1:
so everybody in Anambra are rich

Just like everybody in Lagos and Lagos state are rich

Btw, what has my post got to do with Anambra?
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by aariwa(m): 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
Obi, because he has a true grasp of the problems of the country and have made practical steps on how to tackle Iikr refinery, power, security issues and also when he left office in 2014, he had achieved practically everything he promised in his campaign manifesto

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Stanleyq: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
Diligent1:

The real voters are not on social media
Do u really mean that those on social media wont vote? Then who will?
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Botnik: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
akeeng:

is everyone in anambrra rich. Suffer no dey tire you in ananbra?

Why are anambrans running to lagos tinubu if obi has turned it to eldorado?

Even obi himself could not stay in anambra he governed for 8 years and ran to lagos to enjoy what tinubu created..

I ask again, suffer no dey tire you and your generation over there that you wanted to vote a renowned failure like obi?

Let's compare the standard of living of lagosians and anambra under obi.. let's see who is actually suffering.. shall we?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by koladata(m): 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2022
Sunday2021:
Atiku. Because he is more experience and religious tolerant.
See your life. You no get sense at all
Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2022
I will vote obi because he has the stamina to tackle the problem of insecurity bedeviling the country.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by hohafrank(m): 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2022
Obi

1 Like

Re: 2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? by akeeng: 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2022
Botnik:
is everyone in anambrra rich. Suffer no dey tire you in ananbra?

Why are anambra running to lagos tinubu if obi has turned it to eldorado..

Even obi himself could not stay in anambra he governed for 8 years and ran to lagos to enjoy what tinubu created..

I ask again, suffer no dey tire you and your generation over there that you wanted to vote a renown failure obi?

Let's compare the standard of living of lagosians and anambra under obi.. let's see who is actually suffering.. shall we?

1. I’m not from Anambra
2. I’m not Igbo
3. I didn’t mention who I’m supporting
4. Tinubu didn’t do nothing for Lagos.
5. Lagos is a sh!thole
6. Tell me about this standard of living comparisons of under these two individuals

Your mumu don do

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Photos From The Attack By Herdsmen In Adamawa State / 2019: Fresh Crisis Hits PDP As Party Elders Dump Party For SDP / Kogi/Bayelsa Elections: We Won't Accept Any 11th-hour Judgements – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.