Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,322 members, 7,947,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:15 PM

How I Secured A Job Through A Nigerian Professional Networking App - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Secured A Job Through A Nigerian Professional Networking App (199 Views)

How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father / How I Got A Job Through Nairaland / Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through BP Business Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Secured A Job Through A Nigerian Professional Networking App by Omoladunlade202: 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2022
I started job hunting early this year after NYSC, and truth be told it has been crazy. Oboy, na hear i dey hear say no job, I experienced the hassle first hand this year…but thank God, He always comes through.

As expected from a young graduate who is job hunting, I created a jobberman account, tried to apply to some jobs but didn't get any interview invites.(Maybe i didn’t do enough) My LinkedIn page wasn’t left out, even if i no post there, i sha created the page…at least i get am.
Until three months ago, a friend sent a link to me since he knew the kinda entry role I was looking for. I clicked on the link and it took me to Google Play Store ( I use an android) where I got to download an App called CorpeRate, signed-up, then applied to the role.

All thanks to good friends. if you gat them, please hold them close. Prior to that time I’d never heard about CorpeRate. For those that might find this useful, Corperate is a Nigerian networking App where different Nigerian companies post jobs that professionals and graduates can apply to. Also, you can connect with like-minded individuals and businesses that spike your interest. But really, I still don't know why CorpeRate is not so talked about, maybe na because dem still dey come up…but since I find them useful, I think it's only fair to share.

So, i created an employee account on corpeRate, signed-up and applied to the role entry role my friend shared with me. It was like a joke when I received an invite for an interview the following week and eventually secured my current job.

Maybe some other time I'll talk about what makes the platform stand out for me. But if you care to know, it's not a congested place like linkedIn and there’s absolutely nothing complex about the platform. Infact, it is designed specifically for Nigerians which makes it fantastic in my opinion.
You can visit www.corperate.ng to find out more about CorpeRate.

(1) (Reply)

Increase Your Living Space With Our Garden Pods / 5 Advantages Of Working From Home / I Need A Mentor!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.