Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,133 members, 7,913,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 10:00 PM

Immunity To HIV Virus: How True Is It Please? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Immunity To HIV Virus: How True Is It Please? (364 Views)

Does Blood Culture Test Detect Hiv Virus / 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos / Trending: We Were Forced To Create The Hiv Virus As A Secret Weapon To Wipe Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immunity To HIV Virus: How True Is It Please? by Shascky33: 11:56am On Aug 05, 2022
I happened to have a conversation with a student of School of Health in Keffi, Nasarawa state. She says some people are naturally immune to the HIV virus as they have encapsulated immune system. To the medical students on this platform, please how true is it? A rational explanation please. Thank you.
Re: Immunity To HIV Virus: How True Is It Please? by SUPERPACK: 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
Shascky33:
I happened to have a conversation with a student of School of Health in Keffi, Nasarawa state. She says some people are naturally immune to the HIV virus as they have encapsulated immune system. To the medical students on this platform, please how true is it? A rational explanation please. Thank you.
A small proportion of humans show partial or apparently complete innate resistance to HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. The main mechanism is a mutation of the gene encoding CCR5, which acts as a co-receptor for HIV. It is estimated that the proportion of people with some form of resistance to HIV is under 10%.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innate_resistance_to_HIV#:~:text=A%20small%20proportion%20of%20humans,to%20HIV%20is%20under%2010%25.
Re: Immunity To HIV Virus: How True Is It Please? by Ruke1989: 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
One out of every one hundred Caucasian have been proved to have natural immunity against HIV. But we blacks nobody to help us research so don't go fucking thinking you have the immune. The study didn't include black population
Re: Immunity To HIV Virus: How True Is It Please? by Shascky33: 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
SUPERPACK:
A small proportion of humans show partial or apparently complete innate resistance to HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. The main mechanism is a mutation of the gene encoding CCR5, which acts as a co-receptor for HIV. It is estimated that the proportion of people with some form of resistance to HIV is under 10%.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innate_resistance_to_HIV#:~:text=A%20small%20proportion%20of%20humans,to%20HIV%20is%20under%2010%25.
Thanks boss.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Adjust My Sleep If I Am A Person Of Age? / The Proven Method To Last Longer In Bed – For Men / Excessive Consumption Of These 3 Things Can Cause Heart Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.