Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,724 members, 7,879,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 01:19 PM

WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL (16708 Views)

Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional / Woman Sows Seed With Her Husband's Car In Delta Church (Photos) / Pastor Forces Woman To Use Her Suv To Sow Seed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:14am On Feb 29
PST. SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, February 29, 2024

*HONOUR CODE*

*1 Peter 2:17 NKJV*
_Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king._

*1Timothy 5:17 NKJV*
_Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine._

The Bible places a huge emphasis on the principle of honour. Honour simply means esteem, value or great respect. To honour someone is to value them highly or bestow value upon them. The Bible exhorts us to express honour and esteem toward certain people such as our parents, the aged and those in authority. However, we must understand that all authority and honour belongs to God and we must honour God first and above all else. We show honour to God when we do what He says and when we obey His words.

We are living in a time when people don’t respect and honour their elders. The Bible commands that we honour all men. This is one command that is highly violated. We must ensure that as Christians, we don’t fall into the category of people who show no respect to anyone, especially the elders. We must not cross this boundary because of freedom of speech or social media that gives us access to expressing our views.

Honour should be a lifestyle for every one of us. We must not become so proud to think we know better than our elders and Fathers that we begin to show disrespect to them. Honour your Father and Mother so that it may be well with you and that you will live long. God takes honour so seriously that there is even a curse on anyone who dishonours their parents or parent-like figure. If you have erred in this regard, it is wisdom to repent and ask God for forgiveness.
When we honour those ahead of us, we will be blessed and God will ensure that men honour us. As Believers, we must learn how to speak and show respect to people generally and to use our position of influence to uplift and encourage others and not Lord it over them. Don’t be arrogant; the position and the influence you have, God gave you. Remember God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. Don’t despise others and speak nastily to them. We must learn to speak with wisdom and respect always.

The Bible also speaks of another noteworthy group of people who are deserving of double honour – the leadership of the church called elders. This includes Bishops, Reverends, Pastors, Apostles, Deacons, Elders etc. They give their attention to the interest of the church and the welfare of its members. They are entitled to double honour of respect as well as material or monetary support. We must do this from our hearts as we trust God to help us be a blessing to them.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to always honor all men especially the elders in Jesus’ name.

*Declaration*
I am wise, I am respectful, I am kind with my words, I am generous with my substance, and I honour all men.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:18am On Mar 01

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, 1 March, 2024

THINGS ARE WORKING

*Job 22:29 KJV*
_“When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble person.”_

*1 Peter 5:6-7 KJV*
_“Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”_

Welcome to the third month of the year 2024. It's a time of promise and potential, brimming with blessings, benefits, and opportunities. This month calls for spiritual sensitivity, urging us to carefully monitor our thoughts, words, and attitudes. In this dynamic global landscape, particularly in Nigeria, economic indicators suggest that acting or reacting impulsively could lead to peril.

The Lord has bestowed upon us prophecies and plans to affirm and pursue. Amidst challenging circumstances, we must be vigilant with our words. Rather than succumbing to negativity, we're called to speak life and declare our faith in God's promises. Regardless of external events, we should assert confidently that things are improving, getting larger and better, and progressing for our benefit. We must fill our mouths with the Word of God. Do not let what you see dictate what you speak. Instead, proclaim His promises, His prophecies, and your desires. Your declarations should affirm that things are improving and expanding for you and yours.

Let this be your anthem: "Things are working for me, for the Lord is on the throne, and everything is growing and improving for my benefit." Do not wait for visible signs of progress before making declarations; speak them even in times of adversity.

In addition to your declarations, it's crucial to focus on your attitude. As we've learned from 1 Peter 5:6-7, "Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God, and He will exalt you in due time. Cast all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you." This passage emphasizes the importance of maintaining an attitude of humility.

Maintaining the right confession and attitude of humility, especially during times of depression and adversity, is a clear indication of our total dependence on God. When we humble ourselves before Him, we position ourselves to experience His intervention in our lives like never before.

We must ensure that our confessions and attitudes reflect our total dependence on God and His mighty power. By trusting in Him and surrendering ourselves completely to His care, we release all our worries and cares. We entrust our marriages, businesses, and ministries into His hands, keeping our focus solely on Him for our provision.

God's salvation comes to those who speak what they want to see into existence and maintain an attitude of humility and absolute dependence on Him. As we enter this month, rest assured that things will work out for you, and you will witness the glory of God like never before, in the mighty name of Jesus.

*Prayer*
Father God, help me to put my eyes on You alone.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that March 2024 opens to me in glory, honor and splendor. Things are working for me, things are getting bigger, things are getting better. March 2024, things are getting bigger and better!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:06am On Mar 02
PST.SUNDAY & PST.CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, March 2, 2024

*EMBRACING THE BLESSING OF DIVINE FAVOR*

*Exodus 12:36 KJV*
_‘’And the Lord gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent to them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians.’’_

*Genesis 20:14 KJV*
_‘’And Abimelech took sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and women servants, and gave them to Abraham, and restored him Sarah his wife. And Abimelech said, behold, my land is before you: dwell where it pleases you.’’_

God's goodness and grace are shown in the lives of believers who walk in obedience to God, and this is known as divine favor. It is more than just a prayer request; it is every child of God's birthright, a shield that envelops the virtuous and unlocks doors of opportunity. The narrative of Abraham and Abimelech provides a potent example of divine favor in action. God stepped in to help Abraham after he told Abimelech that Sarah was his sister out of fear. God, in spite of Abraham's deceit, caused events to unfold so that Abimelech had restless nights until he reconciled Sarah to Abraham and presented him with an advantageous land to live in.

In a similar vein, the Israelites gained favor with the Egyptians, who gladly provided them any loans they needed. Others were obligated by divine favor to respect God's people and make contributions to their welfare. Believers are distinguished by wearing the crown of favor, which is a badge of honor bestowed upon them as heirs of God's promises. This favor guarantees them success in their pursuits, opens doors, and arranges situations in their favor. But in order to fully benefit from divine favor, believers need to recognize and comprehend their inheritance in Christ.

Declarations of gratitude are essential to bringing about heavenly favor in one's life. Believers line themselves with God's promises and harness the power of confession by speaking life and blessings over every area of their lives. Proverbs exhorts believers to choose life and declare victory over every circumstance, reminding us that the power of our words can determine our fate.

In times of uncertainty and adversity, divine favor serves as a beacon of hope and assurance, reminding us that God is always working behind the scenes for our good. It is a reminder that we are not alone in our journey but are surrounded by God's unfailing love and protection. As a result, believers need to compel circumstances to work in accordance with God's will and boldly declare their favor in Christ. In doing so, they usher in a time of divine favor and recovery, assuming their rightful place as royal priests and exercising command over their circumstances.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, please enable me to completely understand the inheritance that I have in Christ Jesus. Please use your divine favor to make every situation in my life work in my favor and bring me blessings.

*Declaration*
I affirm that, in my life, I am the jewel of divine favor. I have chosen lovely spots for my path, and I demand positive outcomes in all spheres of my life. Indeed.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:16am On Mar 04
PST SUNDAY & PST CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, March 4, 2024

*DIGGING FOR MORE THAN GOLD*

*Psalm 119:127 NKJV*
_‘’Therefore I love Your commandments more than gold, even the purest gold.’’_

The 1800s marked the era of the gold rush, with the first recorded incident igniting in California in 1849. Triggered by a builder's serendipitous discovery, droves of individuals migrated to the region, driven by the allure of striking gold and transforming their fortunes. Despite the grueling nature of gold prospecting and the scant promise of success, countless persevered in their pursuit, sacrificing comfort and safety for the chance of prosperity. However, for the majority, the dream of discovering riches remained elusive.

The gold rush narratives offer timeless lessons in perseverance and spiritual growth. Firstly, the level of commitment exhibited by prospectors underscores the magnitude of their endeavor. Forsaking familiarity, they uprooted their lives and families, embarking on arduous journeys to settle in uncharted territories, solely focused on acquiring wealth. This unwavering dedication serves as a poignant reminder for believers regarding the value of God's word. If Scripture is indeed more precious than gold (Psalm 19:7, 10; Proverbs 16:16), then half-hearted efforts will not suffice in unearthing its invaluable treasures.

The Lord Jesus did not teach us only to pay attention to listening, rather He taught that we pay attention to how we listen (Luke 8:18 BSB). To what degree have we prioritized God’s word and teachings in our daily lives and affairs? How often do we daily divorce other things – even though legitimate - simply to camp around the Word like the gold rushers would camp around gold? Would we readily spend more on a vacation trip than we would spend to go camp around the Word at distant physical locations which the Spirit nudges our heart towards? Are our new virtual lives and alternatives not beginning to breed laxity in the way we go in search for the word? And even when we access virtually, how much attention do we devote to receiving the word without interruption? What level of unadulterated focus, hunger and excitement do we bring when we come to it? These are questions for us to answer in sincerity and honesty.

Make no mistake about it, your value for the word determines the virtues you are able to draw from it. And you demonstrate that value through the magnitude and intensity of effort, coupled with the length of time you are willing to devote to digging for the treasures of the word which vastly outstrip the worth of gold.

In conclusion, as believers, we are called to emulate the perseverance and dedication of gold prospectors in our quest for spiritual growth. By prioritizing God's word above all else, we position ourselves to uncover its profound truths and timeless wisdom. Let us heed Jesus' exhortation to listen attentively and invest wholeheartedly in nurturing our relationship with God through Scripture. In doing so, we lay claim to treasures far surpassing the fleeting riches of this world, enriching our lives with the abundance of God's grace and wisdom.

*Prayer*
Lord Holy Spirit, stir within me an insatiable hunger for your word, and pour within me an unending drive to keep digging, till my storehouse of eternal treasures overflow, in Jesus name!

*Declaration*
I love the word of God more than gold, even than the finest and purest of gold!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:32am On Mar 06
PST SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, March 6, 2024

*SOCIAL RELEVANCE: I AM RICH TO REACH OUT*

*Genesis 1:26 NKJV*
_‘’Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”_

*Leviticus 23:22 NKJV*
_‘When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not wholly reap the corners of your field when you reap, nor shall you gather any gleaning from your harvest. You shall leave them for the poor and for the stranger: I am the Lord your God.’_

In the beginning, God created man to have dominion over the earth. We were created as kings of the earth, and gods of this world. Man was created super intelligent, very powerful and influential. Anything man said in the realm of the earth was authority. We were created as the exact replica of God. God literally created man to reflect himself (Genesis 1:26), therefore our lives ought to reflect God. Remember in John 14:7, Jesus said “if you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

In the bid to distort this perfect image of God in man, Satan introduced man to sin. Unfortunately, man fell to the plans of Satan, and today we live in a fallen world. Today, the average man falls significantly short of his full potential and abilities in God. Poverty, financially, mentally, etc. is one of the many expressions of the fallen world with its broken systems. This perpetual state of our realm places a huge responsibility on the Christian (whom Christ has redeemed from the grip of Satan through his death on the cross and resurrection) to restore man and our world to its original state of dominion and kingship.

Throughout scriptures, we see God give clear instructions to the rich to support those in need (Leviticus 23:22; Proverbs 3:27&28; 1 John 3:17). Some of us are rich financially, others among us are rich mentally, spiritually, etc. God, in blessing us with these abilities, expects us to use it to the advantage of others as is consistent with our nature to multiply (Genesis 1:28). By doing so, we restore man back to the image of God.

However, it doesn’t stop there – the more we reach out to others with our gifts and blessings, the more we cultivate social relevance, and dominion in that space, helping us reflect our God-image as kings and gods just as God intended for us in the beginning.

*Prayer*
Father, thank you for creating me in your image. Help me stay conscious of my identity in you and use me as a channel of blessing to restore man’s dignity in you.

*Declaration*
I have God on my inside; therefore, I reflect God on my outside. I am a solution provider; I am a blessing to others in my sphere of influence. I am alive to God’s proclamation over my life in Genesis 1:28, therefore I am fruitful, I multiply, I fill the earth and I subdue it.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:31am On Mar 07

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, March 7, 2024

*UNDERSTANDING THE MINISTRY OF ANGELS*

*Hebrews 1:13-14 KJV*
_But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?_

Angels have a strategic ministry to the Body of Christ, to individuals, and to nations. Who are angels? The Bible describes them as ministering spirits sent forth to minister to the heirs of salvation. In other words, they are heavenly messengers assigned to execute God’s purposes on earth. To this end, every born-again child of God has angels assigned to them. Also, there are angels assigned over territories, nations, continents, and even little children.

We must endeavor to not take the ministry of angels in our lives for granted, else we’ll miss out on many divine interventions. They were assigned to minister to us everything that accompanies salvation – deliverance, revelatory insights, divine direction, protection, healing, prosperity, etc. Moreover, the Bible is replete with examples of angelic visitations and ministrations. In Acts 12:7-15, the Church in Jerusalem prayed earnestly for Peter while he was in prison and God answered through an angelic intervention leading to Peter's deliverance and freedom. Acts 8:26 records that an angel spoke to Philip and led him to preach the gospel to the Ethiopian Eunuch. In Genesis 19:12 we see angels protecting and delivering Lot and his household while simultaneously destroying Sodom and Gomorrah. Psalm 91:11 speaks of God giving His angels charge over us. Even throughout the life and ministry of Jesus here on earth, from birth to death, He was surrounded by angelic ministrations and interventions. Thankfully, the activities and ministry of angels did not end in the Bible; they remain true even in our dispensation.

As believers, to enjoy the benefits that accrue in salvation as it pertains to the ministry of angels, we must not operate in ignorance. Angels are like soldiers; they fight our battles – spiritual and physical. They work for God and His people to bring about miracles on earth. But how do we trigger the ministry of angels in our lives? By praying much in tongues, aligning with our purpose in God, operating in the consciousness of the covenant, and sacrificial giving. Angels represent the bridge between heaven and earth. We connect from the physical to the spiritual through the angelic. Angels sponsor positive thoughts and intelligence that can turn lives around and counter the activities of demons.

Angels are ministering spirits assigned to all those who are on a divine assignment. They make our lives here on earth to look heavenly. Their ministry is part of our kingdom heritage in Christ. They engender the flow of heavenly resources to the believers who are conscious of their ministry. They keep us safe in all our ways, cause factors to align for us, and cause all things to work together for our good. They remove obstacles from our path and make our ways prosperous. They strengthen us, bring us divine direction, and also facilitate answers to our prayers.

*Prayer*
Father, I thank You for Your blessings to me through the ministry of angels. I ask that You grant me the wisdom to walk with the consciousness that I am not alone and that I am surrounded by Your angels.

*Declaration*
The angels of the Lord go ahead of me causing every crooked path to be straightened. They guide me and I do not dash my foot against a stone. They surround me and I am preserved on all fronts, in Jesus’ name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:10am On Mar 08

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, 8 March, 2024

*GOD’S EQUAL LOVE*

*Mathew 28:5-6 NLT*
_Then the angel spoke to the women, “Do not be afraid” he said, “I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen. Come, see where his body was lying.”_

In a culture where women were to only be seen, not heard, considered to be inferior to men and less important, Jesus made a strong statement; He chose to appear first to two women, and He entrusted them with the most important news: HE IS RISEN. One thing I am sure of is that God does everything for a reason. He does things with precision. We might want to argue that the women got that chance because they were available, as they were the ones who went to the tomb to check on Jesus, but Jesus could have easily appeared to the disciples where they were (as we know, God is not bound by time and space). But He appeared to the women first. It was a decision. There was a reason for that, and I believe it was to show us that God does not discriminate based on gender or any such biases as human traditions dictate. His love is equal for us all.

The Bible clearly states that the women had already moved from the tomb area, running to spread the news of Jesus’s resurrection to the disciples, just as the angel had instructed when Jesus appeared to them. Certainly, it was not an issue of their proximity to the tomb, but a move to break the gender-based chasm created by human biases. He wanted to show us that God can use anyone for His work, regardless of your gender. That is irrelevant to Him. What is important to God is your readiness to obey; and how quickly you will run when He gives an instruction.

Mathew 28:8 NLT; The women ran quickly from the tomb. They were VERY FRIGHTENED but also filled with great joy and they RUSHED to give the disciples the angel’s message. These women were afraid, but that didn’t deter them. They were not discouraged at the very least; they ran to do what had been instructed despite the fear in their hearts. They did not stop to debate the credibility of the angel’s words, whether what the angel said was true or not, they just believed and swooped into action. God is in the business of looking for people who will readily believe Him and are ready to run with His instructions to the finish line, even when there is every reason to doubt. Moreover, notice that I said God is looking for people; I did not specify gender. God looks at our hearts and sees us all as His children, then He decides who to instruct and when to instruct. All he wants is willingness and readiness.

*Prayer*
Dear Lord, as You constantly give me instructions, help me to obey You and not see myself as unworthy because of earthly customs. Help me to know the only thing that matters is what You need me to do.

*Declaration*
I am who God says I am. I do what He says I should do. I am not deterred by my environment, financial status, or gender. I follow through with His instructions because if He said to do it, He knew I could.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:46am On Mar 09

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, March 9, 2024

*REJECTING THE MOCKERY TRAP*

*2 Kings 2:23-24 KJV*
_‘’And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.’’_

*Luke 23:39 KJV*
_‘’And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, if thou be Christ, save thyself and us.’’_

Mockery is a kind of disrespectful language or behavior that is directed against other people. It usually originates from a point of pride and aims to minimize or denigrate other people. It is a wicked deed with grave repercussions and has no place in the life of a Christian.

A sobering reminder of the consequences of ridicule is provided by the account of Elijah being made fun of by the children of Jericho. Their disdainful actions had dire repercussions, highlighting the seriousness of making fun of God's chosen vessels. To illustrate the foolishness of such behavior, consider how the thief on the cross who made fun of Jesus suffered the repercussions of his deeds.

With the rise of social media, ridicule has become even more commonplace. People are quick to make fun of others without thinking about the consequences of their remarks or the underlying issue. But ridicule has serious repercussions; it keeps one from receiving blessings, draws misfortune, and brings curses upon oneself. Although the consequences of ridicule might not be felt right away, they can show up in later generations and continue a negative cycle of misfortune and suffering. As a result, believers need to control their language and abstain from making fun of others.

While it's important to ask for forgiveness and express regret for past acts of mockery, prevention is always preferable to treatment. A compassionate and caring disposition should be fostered by believers in order to emulate Christ's love for others. Rather than making fun of, they ought to make an effort to inspire and uplift, cultivating an environment of grace and compassion.

In conclusion, believers are called to rise above the pitfalls of mockery and embrace a lifestyle of compassion and encouragement. By doing so, they not only align themselves with God's principles but also become conduits of His love and grace in a world that desperately needs it. Let our words be a source of life and blessing, creating a ripple effect of positive change in the lives of those we encounter.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, please give me the discernment to utter only words of love and support. Please help me to develop sympathy for others and to refrain from mocking people in any way
*Declaration*
I announce that I talk only nice and positive things, and that my mind is like that of Christ. My words and thoughts are filled with godliness and grace, and I love people like Christ loves the church.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:38am On Mar 10
PST. SUNDAY & PST . CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, March 10, 2024

*EMBRACING UNCONDITIONAL LOVE: LESSONS FROM MOTHERHOOD*

*1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NIV*
_"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."_

Mothering Sunday is a special time to reflect on the enduring theme of unconditional love, as beautifully described in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NIV): "Love is patient, love is kind..." This kind of love goes beyond age, status, or situation, finding its clearest expression in the tender care of motherhood. In the journey of motherhood, we witness daily demonstrations of love's qualities. A mother's love is patient, guiding her children through life's ups and downs with unwavering kindness and understanding. It's selfless, putting the needs of her family before her own.

Think of the story of the prodigal son in Luke 15:11-32. It's about a father who lovingly welcomes back his wayward child with open arms. Similarly, a mother's love never gives up hope, always ready to forgive and offer grace. But this idea of unconditional love isn't limited to families. It influences how we interact with everyone around us – friends, neighbors, even strangers. Acts of kindness and compassion show this love in action, creating a sense of belonging and acceptance in our communities.

Jesus is the perfect example of unconditional love. In John 15:13 (NIV), Jesus says, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." His love is selfless, sacrificial, and available to all who believe. As we celebrate mothers today, let's also remember the powerful lessons they teach us about love. Whether we're mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, single, or married, we're all called to embody this same kind of love, showing grace and compassion to everyone we meet.

In a world where love can sometimes feel conditional or temporary, the example of motherhood reminds us that real love endures. It sticks around through the tough times, celebrates truth, and always offers protection and trust. The influence of a mother's love goes beyond her own family. It shapes generations, leaving a lasting impact on society. It's a kind of love that never fades away, continuing to inspire and guide long after it's been given.

This Mothering Sunday, let's take a moment to honor and appreciate the incredible women who have shown us what unconditional love looks like. And let's commit to following their example, spreading love, kindness, and forgiveness wherever we go.

*Prayer*
Dear God, help me to live out the unconditional love I see in mothers. Give me the patience, kindness, and forgiveness to show love to everyone around me.

*Declaration*
I declare that I will be patient and kind, just like a mother's love. I'll show love to everyone I meet, following the example of Jesus. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:06am On Mar 11

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, March 11, 2024

*ADDICTED? JESUS SAVES COMPLETELY*

*Matthew 1:21 NKJV*
_“…and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins.”_

*Hebrews 7:25 AMP*
_‘’Therefore He is able also to save forever (completely, perfectly, for eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede and intervene on their behalf [with God].’’_

Matthew’s gospel account records an unambiguous manifesto of the Lord Jesus just before his conception. His mission and assignment were clearly stated – He was to save God’s people from the tyranny of sin. Often when this scripture is read, there is a tendency to think of Jesus’ assignment in terms of forgiveness of sin and the eradication of its consequences. While that is accurate, it is incomplete. In a more complete sense, “save His people from their sins” implies saving people both from the tendency to sin, and from the consequences of sin. Jesus did not come to die only so we can be forgiven. He came to die so we can be free from the power and hold of sin in every form and nature. And when He died, He delivered us from the dominion of darkness where sin rules, and translated us into the domain of His love where love and purity rule. The governing principle in this new domain is grace – the supply of God and His Spirit which makes all things possible, including overcoming negative addictions.

However, experiencing this supply that makes for possibility begins with faith – that confident assurance that God’s word is always valid and true in every circumstance, including ours. Without this firmly rooted assurance, it is difficult to take advantage of the supply of grace in helping us to face and overcome any seemingly insurmountable challenge. Hence, the starting point of freedom from any negative addiction is faith in Christ, particularly faith that whosoever the Son has set free is free indeed (John 8:36). Now if you are struggling with any addiction, it may be daunting for you to reckon yourself as free indeed when you still slip and fall periodically. But the freedom that Christ procured for you with His precious blood will not be real to you, till you first accept that even in the face of contradictory evidence, you are free indeed, because Christ has set you free!

What then should be your disposition? Resolve to keep faith and continue to count yourself as one dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus (Romans 6:11). Wake up morning after morning and affirm the testimony of God’s word over your life, declaring that you are free indeed. As simple as that seems, it is extremely difficult when you can’t seem to see any immediate improvement in the situation. But sticking to this declaration of your faith perpetually is the unfailing key to rising and living above everything that holds bound. Even if you resort to seeking and getting any form of external help, including psychotherapy, never lose sight of the eternal truth that the unfailing remedy for anything untoward is the healing, cleansing, and saving power of God released only by unwavering faith in His word. For by this power of His word does He uphold all things (Hebrews 1:3).

*Prayer*
Lord, enlighten my heart to comprehend the total freedom that I have in you.

*Declaration*
In Christ I am free indeed. No chains are holding me. I live above sin and walk above the devil because I am seated high above with Christ!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:31am On Mar 12

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, March 12, 2024

*INVOKING DIVINE INTERVENTION THROUGH FASTING*

*Matthew 6:16-18 NIV*
_"When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your unseen Father; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."_

Fasting, as elucidated by Jesus Himself, stands as a potent spiritual discipline capable of eliciting divine intervention and ushering in miraculous outcomes in our lives. While fasting commonly entails abstaining from food, its essence transcends mere physical denial; it serves as a conduit for humbling ourselves before God, seeking His countenance, and aligning our hearts with His divine purposes.

Throughout scripture, myriad instances testify to fasting catalysing breakthroughs, deliverance, and the manifestation of God's omnipotence. From the Israelites fasting for guidance and protection to Esther fasting for the deliverance of her people, fasting has served as a catalyst for God's extraordinary interventions (Esther 4:16; Joel 2:12-13).

Fasting epitomises our reliance on God and our readiness to prioritise spiritual matters above material needs. It constitutes a period of intensified prayer, introspection, and contrition, as we draw close to God with sincerity (James 4:cool. Through fasting, we divest ourselves of worldly distractions and make room for the supernatural workings of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

Moreover, fasting is not about accruing merits with God or garnering accolades for our spirituality. Jesus cautions against the hypocrisy of those who fast for ostentation, underscoring the significance of genuineness and humility in our spiritual disciplines (Matthew 6:16-18). When we fast, let it be unto the Lord alone, seeking His commendation and recompense rather than the approval of men.

As we embark on fasting periods, let us do so with unwavering faith and expectant hearts, firmly believing that God will honour our sacrifice and meet us in our areas of need. May our fasting incite divine intervention, ushering in breakthroughs, healing, and restoration across every sphere of our lives. Let us persevere in our pursuit, cognizant that our faithful God delights in answering the supplications of His devoted children who earnestly seek Him (Jeremiah 29:13).

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, may my fasting evoke your divine intervention in my life, affecting my transformation and breakthroughs according to your divine will.

*Declaration*
I declare that as I engage in fasting and seek the face of God, divine intervention is unleashed in my life. I rely on the faithfulness of God to answer my petitions and orchestrate miraculous outcomes in accordance with His sovereign plan.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:12am On Mar 13
PST..SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, March 13, 2024

*CHARITY: HEAVENLY CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENTS*

*Acts 10:1-5, 44-46 NKJV*
_‘’There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment. 2A devout man and one who feared God with all his household, who gave alms generously to the people, and prayed to God always. 3 About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision an angel of God coming in and saying to him, “Cornelius!” And when he observed him, he was afraid, and said, “What is it, lord?” So he said to him, “Your prayers and your alms have come up for a memorial before God. 5 Now send men to Joppa and send for Simon whose surname is Peter… 44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. 45 And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God.’’_

Today, several countries of the world offer citizenship status to foreigners who have invested heavily in their economy. It is interesting to know that this is also how we become partakers of the new covenant and by extension, heavenly citizens. God expects us to open our hands wide to the needy among us. In truth, every time we share with the needy, it is to God that we give, and it is God who will reward us without fail (Proverbs 19:17). This is quite instructive for us as believers in that we must endeavor to play our part in giving whether the recipient is grateful/ reciprocate it or not.

Everything we do is a seed – our thoughts and actions. Every time you have the opportunity to be a blessing to anybody in the body of Christ, jump at it. The opportunities we pray for sometimes come in the opportunity to help others. Don’t hold back help from those in need, particularly those in our biological and church families.

Furthermore, it is wisdom to give as God has instructed even when it is contrary to your disposition or philosophy. The raven is a very stingy bird, yet it fed Elijah twice a day as God commanded it. Giving is essentially a spirit and the best time to give is when you don’t have. Giving is not the sole responsibility of the rich. In her poor state, the Bible recorded that the widow gave her last mite (Mark 12:41-44). Also, the widow of Zarephath was singled out for sustenance in the midst of hardship (1 Kings 17:19-24) because of her charitable giving despite barely having enough for herself and son to live on.

When you give to the poor, angels, men, and material things are mobilized for you. Cornelius, an Italian (a Gentile) was devout to God. At a time when Jews and Gentiles shared almost nothing in common, Cornelius gave much alms particularly to God’s people (the Jews), he was also consistent in fasting and praying. His acts of charity opened the door of salvation to the Gentiles and today we are joint heirs with Christ and heavenly citizens - what a rare privilege given to us by virtue of a man’s charitable acts!

*Prayer:*
Father, release your grace upon me to give of myself and resources you have blessed me with.

*Declaration:*
I have more than enough for myself and to share with others. I am charitable. I give cheerfully. My acts of charity open doors to me, preserve and exempt me from evil.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:45am On Mar 14

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, 14 March, 2024

*WINNING THROUGH PRAYER*

*Luke 18:1-8 NKJV*
_Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary. And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’ ” Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”_

The subject of prayer is so crucial to the life and growth of every believer, and as such it is very important that we understand it. In understanding prayer, we should focus on how to pray, whom to pray to, when to pray, and what to pray for. “How to pray” is captured in Luke 14:1-4, where the disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray. Secondly, we pray to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ the Son. Thirdly, there are no restrictions to when we can pray; we can pray anytime of the day. And fourth, we pray the will of the Father into our lives.
Prayer is a necessity. When we do not pray, we give the devil the opportunity to run free and we become his easy prey. Many negative situations will remain the same if we do not pray. And we must pray without ceasing, which means our daily prayer and quiet time must be taken seriously.

We build strength in the place of prayer. The Bible records that if we faint in the day of adversity, our strength is little (Prov. 24:10). When we are prayerless, we are prone to getting beaten by Satan. We live in a broken world and prayer was designed by God to be our shield against adversity. Unfortunately, through prayerlessness many Christians have given the enemy a field day in planting his seeds of assault in their lives – from sickness to death and all manner of negative experiences. Yet there is nothing that prayer cannot stop or change. The Bible affirms that the effectual fervent prayer of the saints avails much and makes tremendous power available (James 5:16).

We press into our blessings in Christ through prayers. Prayer is humans’ helplessness appealing to the greatness of God. Yes, we are helpless without prayer. When we pray, we put ourselves out so that God can reach us. We petition God to deploy His resources on our behalf to help us.
Prayer was established by God and Christians are to operate within the ambit of the laws of prayer. There are laws that guarantee answers to prayer. The principal law of prayer obligates God to answer any prayer that meets the provisions or requirements of prayer (Psalm 68:18). Also, the law of prayer implies that anything that can be done only by prayer cannot be done except by prayer. God answers prayers that have met the righteous requirements of His laws. Whenever believers fulfill the will of God in prayers, answers are certain.

*Prayer*
Father, I pray that you grant me the enabling grace to be steadfast in prayer and to believe that You are a rewarder of them who diligently seek after you.

*Declaration*
I am steadfast and relentless in prayer. I pray in faith at all times and I receive speedy answers to my prayers.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:02am On Mar 15

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, 15 March, 2024

*A NEW IDENTITY IN CHRIST*

*2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV*
_‘’Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here!’’_

"Do you know who you are? Remember who you are." These lines were repeatedly echoed in the popular cartoon movie, The Lion King, and it vividly illustrates a struggle that many believers face. Just like the lion king, in the movie, who initially grappled with his identity, wandering far from his true nature, consuming bugs and fearing predators, we, too, can lose sight of our identity in Christ. In fact, most believers are exactly so, oblivious of who they are in God through Christ Jesus. The book of Hosea in the Bible warns against the perils of ignorance, emphasizing that not knowing our true identity poses a significant danger, which is primarily that we will live and die like mere men instead of the gods that God has made us. Without realizing the transformation that occurs when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we cannot fully embrace the authority bestowed upon us in Him. It is akin to having the passcode to a phone but failing to unlock it. And until we activate that passcode, the treasures that are ours in the kingdom will remain out of our reach.

For numerous Christians, acknowledging their place in God's family continually proves challenging. Yet, it is crucial to understand that we are not distant relatives of God; rather, we are His beloved children. He is not an occasional benefactor but our constant, loving Father who is ever-present to provide for us and protect us against harm of any and all kinds.

How then do we overcome self-doubt and uncertainty about our identity in Christ? A fundamental step is immersing ourselves in the Word of God. Joshua 1:8 instructs us to meditate on the Word day and night, promising prosperity and success to those who adhere to it. By internalizing and applying the principles found in Scripture, we establish a firm foundation that withstands every storm that life may throw at us anytime.

Prayer must also play a central role in our lives. Studying the Word and prayer are inseparable; neglecting either weakens our spiritual defenses. Together, they form a potent defense against the assaults of the enemy, who relentlessly seeks to distort our identity, just as he tried with Jesus and failed. Therefore, we must remain vigilant, never lowering our guard against his schemes.

*Prayer*
Dear heavenly Father, help me to always remember that I am a joint heir with Christ, as I am a direct member of Your family and You do not see me as anything less. Help me to live ever conscious of the fact that I am Your beloved son/daughter, bought by the precious blood of Jesus.

*Declaration*
I am a chosen generation. A royal priesthood. A holy nation. God's special person. I fear nothing because I know who I am in Christ. Hallelujah!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:05am On Mar 15

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, 15 March, 2024

*A NEW IDENTITY IN CHRIST*

*2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV*
_‘’Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here!’’_

"Do you know who you are? Remember who you are." These lines were repeatedly echoed in the popular cartoon movie, The Lion King, and it vividly illustrates a struggle that many believers face. Just like the lion king, in the movie, who initially grappled with his identity, wandering far from his true nature, consuming bugs and fearing predators, we, too, can lose sight of our identity in Christ. In fact, most believers are exactly so, oblivious of who they are in God through Christ Jesus. The book of Hosea in the Bible warns against the perils of ignorance, emphasizing that not knowing our true identity poses a significant danger, which is primarily that we will live and die like mere men instead of the gods that God has made us. Without realizing the transformation that occurs when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we cannot fully embrace the authority bestowed upon us in Him. It is akin to having the passcode to a phone but failing to unlock it. And until we activate that passcode, the treasures that are ours in the kingdom will remain out of our reach.

For numerous Christians, acknowledging their place in God's family continually proves challenging. Yet, it is crucial to understand that we are not distant relatives of God; rather, we are His beloved children. He is not an occasional benefactor but our constant, loving Father who is ever-present to provide for us and protect us against harm of any and all kinds.

How then do we overcome self-doubt and uncertainty about our identity in Christ? A fundamental step is immersing ourselves in the Word of God. Joshua 1:8 instructs us to meditate on the Word day and night, promising prosperity and success to those who adhere to it. By internalizing and applying the principles found in Scripture, we establish a firm foundation that withstands every storm that life may throw at us anytime.

Prayer must also play a central role in our lives. Studying the Word and prayer are inseparable; neglecting either weakens our spiritual defenses. Together, they form a potent defense against the assaults of the enemy, who relentlessly seeks to distort our identity, just as he tried with Jesus and failed. Therefore, we must remain vigilant, never lowering our guard against his schemes.

*Prayer*
Dear heavenly Father, help me to always remember that I am a joint heir with Christ, as I am a direct member of Your family and You do not see me as anything less. Help me to live ever conscious of the fact that I am Your beloved son/daughter, bought by the precious blood of Jesus.

*Declaration*
I am a chosen generation. A royal priesthood. A holy nation. God's special person. I fear nothing because I know who I am in Christ. Hallelujah!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:58am On Mar 16
PST SUNDAY & PST CHAKOR OGIDIGBO.

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, March 16, 2024

*OVERCOMING THE SNARE OF PRIDE*

*Luke 12:16-21 KJV*
_‘’And He spoke a parable to them saying. The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits. And he said, this will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have much goods laid up for many years; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry. But God said to him, you fool, this night your soul shall be required of you; then whose shall those things be which you have provided.’’_

The parable of the rich fool, driven by conceit and self-sufficiency, is found in Luke 12:16-21. He intends to construct larger barns to house his bountiful harvest. God steps in, though, denouncing his arrogant demeanor and cautioning about the transient nature of worldly wealth. Pride is a powerful force that tricks people into thinking they are independent and don't need help, which frequently results in their demise. It impedes the way to genuine spiritual development, fosters haughtiness, and develops arrogance.

The saying "pride goes before a fall" is accurate, but many people ignore it. Pride prevents people from seeing life's advantages and chances, which prevents them from taking advantage of God's abundant provision. Even more dangerous is pride for believers, as it impedes their ability to pray and grow spiritually. Having a proud heart stops God's kindness and grace from flowing through, making fasting and prayer useless.

It is dangerous to live a life devoid of appreciation and recognition of God's omnipotence. David was a man after God's own heart; he was humble and grateful, giving God the glory for all his blessings. On the other hand, God punished Saul's daughter for mocking David's worship, demonstrating how intolerant God is of arrogance.

The adversary uses pride as a trap to hold believers back from reaching their full potential. Christians must acknowledge God as the source of all benefits in order to counteract this. It is crucial to follow Jesus' example, who always exalted God and shunned praise from the world. Refusing to accept praise, Jesus declared that only God is genuinely wonderful, providing a model for believers to imitate (Mark 10:18).

In conclusion, let us strive to live lives marked by humility, gratitude, and dependence on God. Pride may promise temporary satisfaction, but it ultimately leads to downfall and separation from God's blessings. By embracing humility and acknowledging God's sovereignty in all aspects of our lives, we position ourselves to receive divine favor and abundant blessings. May we follow the examples set by David, Jesus, and other faithful servants who walked in humility and experienced the fullness of God's favor. As we humbly submit ourselves to God's will, may His grace continue to sustain us and lead us into a life of joy, peace, and eternal significance.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, set me free from the shackles of arrogance and give me the humility to acknowledge Your authority over all facets of my life. May you be the object of my unending appreciation and worship, and may I recognize you as the source of all blessings.

*Declaration*
I walk in the path of humility, recognizing God's goodness and mercy in every circumstance. I relinquish pride and exalt God alone, living a life that glorifies His name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 12:32pm On Mar 17
PST. SUNDAY & PS.T CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, March 17, 2024

*CULTIVATING FRUITFULNESS: LESSONS FROM THE VINEYARD OF LIFE*

*John 15:5 TPT*
_“I am the sprouting vine and you’re my branches. As you live in union with me as your source, fruitfulness will stream from within you—but when you live separated from me you are powerless.”_

God has bestowed upon us the wonderful gift of fruitfulness as seen in the enormous pattern of creation, and this fruitfulness is meant to manifest in our daily lives. In John 15:5, Jesus compares believers to branches connected to a vine. Just as branches draw life from the vine to bear fruit, we draw strength and vitality from our connection to Christ, producing love, joy, peace, and other godly virtues.

In Matthew 13:1-23, Jesus shares the story of a farmer scattering seeds. The seeds that fall on good soil represent people who receive God's Word and let it grow in their hearts, producing a rich harvest of goodness. This story reminds us of the importance of having open hearts to receive God's teachings, but more importantly, it reminds us to understand it so we can DO as it says.

Fruitfulness isn't just about individuals; it's also about the whole community of believers. In Ephesians 4:11-16, Paul talks about how each person in the church has different gifts and talents to help the community grow stronger and more unified. Just like a vineyard flourishes when every vine does its part, the church thrives when each believer contributes their unique gifts.

But growing fruit isn't always easy. Just as a vineyard needs care and pruning to produce good grapes, we go through times of growth and challenges in our faith journey. Hebrews 12:11 reminds us that discipline might be tough at the time, but it leads to a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who accept it. Through our struggles, God shapes us into better people, ready to bear fruit that lasts. Let our lives be a testament to God's transforming love, producing fruit that honors Him and blesses those around us.

In conclusion, the journey of fruitfulness extends beyond individual believers to encompass the entire community of faith. Just as a vineyard flourishes when every vine contributes its unique gifts, the church thrives when each member plays their part in building up the body of Christ.

However, the path to fruitfulness is not without its challenges. Like a vineyard requires care and pruning to produce quality grapes, believers encounter trials and growth opportunities on their faith journey. Yet, as Hebrews 12:11 reminds us, God's discipline leads to a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who embrace it. Through our struggles, God refines us, shaping us into vessels ready to bear lasting fruit for His glory.

As we navigate the ups and downs of our faith journey, let us remain steadfast, trusting in God's faithfulness to cultivate fruitfulness in our lives. May our actions and attitudes be a testament to God's transforming love, producing fruit that honors Him and blesses those around us. Together, let us continue to grow and flourish as a vibrant community of believers, bringing glory to God in all that we do.

*Prayer*
Dear God, help me to live a life that bears lasting fruit, rooted in the love and grace of Jesus Christ.

*Declaration*
I declare that I am connected to Christ, growing strong roots and bearing fruit that brings glory to His name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:27am On Mar 18
PST. SUNDAY & PST .CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, March 18, 2024

*ILLUMINATED VISION: WALKING BY FAITH'S SIGHT*

*2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV*
_‘’For we walk by faith and not by sight.’’_

*Hebrews 11:27 KJV*
_‘’By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.’’_

The scripture “We walk by faith and not by sight” is quite common among believers, especially when discussing faith. Often when the scripture is quoted, the impression that comes to mind is that the believer moves on in God and in life without necessarily seeing anything whatsoever. It often projects what we term “blind faith” – the notion that the Christian is bold in believing without recourse to what he can or cannot see. But a closer look at scriptures will quickly debunk that notion. There is no such thing as “blind faith”, for faith imparts understanding, insight, and vision. Faith causes a man to see, albeit not physically. The truth in 2 Corinthians 5:7 is accurately understood when Hebrews 11:27 is illuminated in our hearts. Hebrews 11:27 makes it clear that what makes a believer bold in damning seemingly daunting consequences, is not that he or she sees nothing, but that he or she sees differently.

It was Watchman Nee who said, “No man believes without seeing anything.” In other words, it is impossible to walk (by faith) without sight – but a different kind of sight. What made Moses defy Pharaoh was not blind, unseeing faith, but a faith that was founded on visions of the invisible God. It was the same in the case of Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, Daniel’s compatriots, who defied the wrath of the most powerful monarch on Earth even at the instance of a sentence of death by immolation (Daniel 3).

The same was the case with Caleb and Joshua, who saw giants as bread, while most of the adult population of Israel saw doom (Numbers 14). These men believed, not because they saw nothing, but because they saw something more compelling than the visible. One would be right to say they saw a greater fear in God than in the wrath of men. The visions of God they had made Him their greatest fear, such that the fear of man, death, persecution, lack, hunger, or failure became nothing (Isaiah 8:12-13). Hence, one may correctly rephrase 2 Corinthians 5:7 thus, “For we walk, not by physical sight, but by the sight of faith!”

How then does one get this sight and vision of faith? 2 Corinthians 3:16 gives us a clue – “But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.” The sight of faith is not gotten by a mere diligent search through scriptures. The Pharisees did that and were yet blinded (John 5:39-40). It is the person of Christ Himself who imparts this sight and vision of faith upon every man, and He does it when we turn to Him with all our hearts in humility and readiness to obey Him above all (Jeremiah 29:12-13).

While a diligent search through scriptures has its place, it is this attitude of the heart that makes the LORD quicken our understanding and open our eyes to see into the invisible realm like Moses. It is impossible for one to have the sight and vision of faith and still live in the fear of death of any kind. Go for the sight of faith!

*Prayer*
Lord, I turn to you with all my heart. Illuminate and cause me to see into the invisible realm!

*Declaration*
I walk by the sight of faith and not by physical sight!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 12:50pm On Mar 19

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, March 19, 2024

*THE OUTPOURING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT*

*Acts 2:1-4 NIV*
_"When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them."_

In the book of Acts, we bear witness to the realisation of a promise made by Jesus Christ to His disciples—the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. This pivotal moment not only marked the inception of the early church but also inaugurated a new era of empowerment and spiritual metamorphosis for believers. Depicted as wind and fire, the Holy Spirit descended upon the disciples with potency and fervency. This supernatural phenomenon symbolised the presence and divine sovereignty of God Himself amidst His people. Just as wind and fire are unstoppable forces of nature, so too is the Holy Spirit an unstoppable force in the lives of believers, endowing them with the audacity, discernment, and fortitude to fulfil their divine calling and commission.

As believers, we are beckoned to embrace the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Much like the disciples were imbued with the Spirit and spoke in tongues, we too are emboldened to fearlessly proclaim the gospel and minister to others in the authority of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1: 8 ) . The ongoing infilling of the Spirit is not a solitary occurrence but an ongoing encounter that empowers us to live triumphantly and efficiently for the kingdom of God.
Furthermore, the outpouring of the Holy Spirit transcends linguistic barriers and cultural confines. On the day of Pentecost, individuals from diverse nations heard the disciples articulating in their native tongues, epitomising the universality of God's message of redemption (Acts 2:5-12). The Holy Spirit unites believers from varied backgrounds into one cohesive entity, the church, equipping them to love and serve one another in the name of Christ.

In our daily communion with God, let us earnestly pursue the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. May we be replenished afresh with His presence and potency, enabling us to yield fruit that magnifies God and influences the world around us (Galatians 5:22-23). Let us submit to the guidance of the Spirit and allow Him to steer us into all truth and righteousness (John 16:13)

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Replenish me anew with your presence and potency, that I may courageously declare your gospel and walk in compliance with your divine will. May your Spirit direct and enable me to lead lives that bring honour and glory to your name.

*Declaration*
I declare that I am saturated with the Holy Spirit, empowered to lead a life of purpose and influence. I surrender to the leadership of the Spirit and walk in submission to God's will, magnifying His name in all my endeavours.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:15am On Mar 20

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, March 20, 2024

*INCH YOUR PRAYERS CLOSER TO GOD’S THRONE OF GRACE*

*Hebrews 4:16 NKJV*
_“Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”_

Grace is required to enable us to live our lives to the fullest. But first let’s try to unpack what grace is. Grace is that God-factor that gives you the ability or capacity to do things you don’t have capacity to do naturally in your spirit, soul and body. God in his loving nature encourages us to come BOLDLY to his throne of grace to receive not just mercy but also grace.

However, approaching God’s throne of grace cannot be done ignorantly or haphazardly. Let us see why from the Old Testament. In the Old Testament, a physical tabernacle represented the location of the throne of Grace and the mercy seat which was situated in the Holies of Holies within the tabernacle.

The Holies of Holies was preceded by the veil of the inner court which in turn was preceded by the veil of the outer court. Only the High Priest (and no one else) could enter the Holies of Holies once a year. Coming back to present times, the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ which ushered in the New Covenant, does not require God to reside in a physical tabernacle any longer, instead God now resides within us, our bodies representing his temple (1 Corinthians 3:16) with our flesh and mind representing the veils that hinder us from being in tune with God’s Spirit with us.

In addition, under the New Covenant, we are priests (and kings) (Revelations 1:6) and Jesus is our High Priest with whom we can now approach the Throne of Grace (Hebrews 9:11). However, in the Priesthood, sin is not allowed. The hallmark of Priesthood is holiness so that we approach the Throne of Grace boldly knowing that we have been bought by the blood and that our High Priest, The Christ is standing there with us. This is the only way we can secure the grace to work for God and please God in all things - our flesh must be relegated.

Accessing God’s Throne of Grace is critical as believers for good reasons: It is the very presence of God, it is where effective prayer happens, where we obtain mercy and grace. This is where God sits in his full paraphernalia of office – staff in hand and word of his power goes forth and does not return void, and what he speaks to us there is ours.

Literally, anything the King says in the Throne Room is final. Psalm 91:1 talks about those that dwell in the secret place (the Throne Room) of the Most High. So it is important that we not only access it, but that we also dwell there. The blood of Christ gives all believers access to the Throne Room, but we gain access to dwell in, in the place of prayer which is why we must pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

*Prayer*
Father, I don’t want to ever take your grace and mercy for granted – please help me stay hungry for and conscious of your presence. Cause my actions and thoughts to reflect your presence within me.

*Declaration*
My body is the Temple of God. Christ has made me King and Priest therefore every area of my life aligns with this new order. Things have changed; therefore, things have to change. Praise God!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:25am On Mar 21

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, 21 March, 2024

*DIVINE DIRECTION*

*Psalm 32:8 KJV*
_I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with my eye._

With sonship comes divine direction (Rom. 8:14); it is a redemptive right of Christians. God leads His children as a proof of His involvement in their affairs (Luke 4:1). But you must be filled with God's Spirit to be led by Him.

Divine direction deals with any way or means by which God leads or teaches His children. The Bible tells us in John 16:13 that “...when the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide us into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak, and he will shew us things to come…” This is a profound truth, God guiding and shewing us things to come by his spirit. As believers, it is therefore very important that we are Spirit filled, this enables our spiritual senses to be heightened so that we are sensitive and attentive to his directions and leadings. Many Christians have on so many occasions missed the leading of God because of not being able to identify and discern that they were being led; others because of not being deeply rooted in Him.

The Holy Spirit leads us away from mistakes, troubles, and negative experiences. When you are full of the Spirit, it becomes easy to hear from God. We therefore owe it to ourselves to be filled with the Spirit. We manifest our fullest potentials as sons when we are led by God's Spirit and get aligned with His plans and programs for the earth. There abound instances in the Bible where people were led by God, and we see the blessings that followed their obedience. For one, Joseph was instructed in a dream to take the child Jesus to Egypt at the time when Herod sought after his life, thus proving that it is wisdom to depend on the leading and direction of God. The Bible records that the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength. More so, God is very much interested and committed to leading His own. He sees the end from the beginning and understands the day-to-day intricacies of life that will result to an expected end.

God is eager to direct us. But when we walk outside of His direction, time and chance will not happen for us; we’ll miss out. And it is worthy of note that divine direction can come even through unpleasant situations and crises, ultimately leading us to enter God’s prepared blessings.
Divine direction should be a way of life for believers. God finds it difficult to lead some believers because of their lack of understanding and the foolishness of their hearts. A major attribute that is consistent with a heart that possesses understanding is meekness. (Psa 25:9). Until we, like Jesus, become like the sheep heeding the voice of our Good Shepherd, divine direction is impossible. And lastly, any form of lack in the life of a believer is traceable to ignoring divine direction.

*Prayer*
I thank You, Lord, that it is Your desire to lead and guide me through the paths of life. I ask that You grant me the ability to stay teachable and sensitive as You direct me through life, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declaration*
I am directed by the Lord. I am sensitive to His leading. I hear a voice behind me saying this is the way, walk in it.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:12am On Mar 22
PST. SUNDAY & PS.T CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, 22 March, 2024

*STRIVING FOR HOLINESS*

*Mathew 3:17 KJV*
_And lo a voice from heaven, saying, this my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased._

*1 Peter 1:15 NLT*
_But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as the God who chose you is holy._

Many people believe that God called Jesus His beloved Son and expressed great pleasure in Him merely because Jesus is His sent Son. What else would He say? they argue. But they fail to realise that, while on earth, Jesus cultured Himself to daily walk according to the dictates of God's Word and to live in holiness. Moreover, some argue that Jesus being God made it easy for Him to be holy. But the truth remains that Jesus was 100% God and 100% man. So, He consciously chose to do God's will and lead a holy life. In other words, as a man Jesus was capable of sin, which was why He faced temptation like we all do, yet He overcame the devil and sin through the Word. This implies that it is not impossible to live a holy life; God has said that we can be holy just as He is. And obeying this commandment was what triggered the statement that God made about Jesus.

Holiness is aligning one's mind with God, being in sync and on the same frequency with Him. Understanding God's mind comes through the scriptures; therefore, staying connected with God's Word is crucial to leading a holy life. Just as Jesus countered the devil's temptations with the Word that was stored in His heart, we too can combat and overcome challenges with the Word of God that we have imbibed – not verses we merely quote from our head.

Holiness is the habit of agreeing with God’s judgement and hating what He hates, loving what He loves, and measuring everything in the world by the standard of His Word, which is exactly what Jesus did all through His life on earth. We can follow in His steps, and that is what being a Christian means. It means being like Jesus in everything, specifically how He interacted with the Word and His actions in different situations. Abiding in Christ means dying to self and living to God. This is not optional for a Christian who wants to walk in holiness; following the example of Christ is non-negotiable. Philippians 3:14 says, “I press towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” Holiness is a journey that every Christian must embark on. Perfection is attainable in Christ. When we walk in His steps, we too can be called beloved, and God can also be pleased with us.

*Prayer*
Dear Lord, guide me to understand that achieving holiness is not impossible; empower me to pursue it through Your Holy Spirit.

*Declaration*
I declare that I hear the voice of the Spirit and I am quick to obey. I am pure and holy, set apart for the holy God.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:22am On Mar 23

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, March 23, 2024

*OUR SUPERNATURAL TRANSFORMATION*

*2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV*
_‘’Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.’’_

We are reminded of the great fact that we are new creations in Christ by 2 Corinthians 5:17. This is a supernatural transition that redefines our identity and destiny, not just a behavioral shift.

One powerful illustration of supernatural beginnings is seen in the stories of Hiram/Huram found in 1 Kings 7 and 2 Chronicles 2. Hiram himself was of the tribe of Naphtali, although his mother was from the tribe of Dan and his father was from Tyre. This peculiar ancestry highlights the mystical activities of God and portends the life-changing influence of Christ. Similar to how Hiram's origins defy scientific understanding, our rebirth in Christ surpasses the bounds of this world.

Every Christian experiences this supernatural transformation. Scripture teaches us that all natural men are conceived in sin (Psalm 51:5) and are under the dominion of the devil (John 8:44). However, through the redemptive work of Jesus Christ, we are cleansed from sin and adopted into God's family. We become a new creation, belonging to a chosen people, a royal priesthood, and a holy nation (1 Peter 2:9). Like Hiram, our spiritual lineage is no longer defined by our earthly heritage but by our new identity in Christ.

The birth of John the Baptist further illustrates this supernatural metamorphosis. Despite Zechariah and Elizabeth's priestly lineage, they were instructed to name their son "John," signaling a departure from tradition and a divine calling. John's purpose was not to continue the priestly line but to prepare the way for the Messiah. Similarly, our rebirth into a new life in Christ signifies a departure from our former selves and a calling to serve God's purposes in the world.

As we reflect on the transformative power of God's grace in our lives, let us remember that our supernatural transformation is not merely a personal experience but a divine calling to fulfill God's purposes on earth. Just as Abraham, John the Baptist, and countless others responded obediently to God's call, may we too embrace our new identity in Christ and live as beacons of His light and love in a world darkened by sin. Let our lives testify to the reality of God's redemptive work, drawing others into the glorious freedom found only in Him.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, thank You for the blood of Jesus that supernaturally transforms me from death to life. Thank You for giving me a new heritage and lineage that is no longer bound to this world. May your name be glorified through my life as I walk in the reality of my new identity in Christ. Amen.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that my old self is dead, and I am supernaturally transformed according to Your design. I now dwell on Mount Zion, empowered to fulfill Your purposes and bring glory to Your name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 11:04am On Mar 24

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, March 24, 2024

*FLEE FROM FORNICATION: HONORING GOD WITH OUR BODIES*

*1 Corinthians 6:18-20 TPT*
_“This is why you must keep running away from sexual immorality. For every other sin a person commits is external to the body, but immorality involves sinning against your own body. Have you forgotten that your body is now the sacred temple of the Spirit of Holiness, who lives in you? You don’t belong to yourself any longer, for the gift of God, the Holy Spirit, lives inside your sanctuary. You were God’s expensive purchase, paid for with tears of blood, so by all means, then, use your body to bring glory to God!”_

In a world where moral lines blur and temptations abound, the concept of fornication calls us to cherish the sanctity of human sexuality and honor God with our bodies. Let's explore timeless truths from Scripture that guide us on the path to purity in the face of temptation. Our bodies, as temples of the Holy Spirit, deserve reverence and purity. In 1 Corinthians 6:18-20, we're reminded that sexual immorality is a sin against our own bodies. We belong to God now, and His Spirit dwells within us, making us His sacred dwelling places.

Looking at the story of Joseph in Genesis 39, we see an example of moral strength in the face of temptation. Despite unjust treatment and imprisonment, Joseph remains faithful to God, refusing to compromise his integrity when tempted by Potiphar's wife. His steadfastness shows us the power of moral conviction and divine grace. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 urges believers to pursue sanctification and self-discipline in matters of sexuality. We're called to control our bodies in a way that honors God, avoiding lustful desires that lead to immorality.

In our journey toward purity, we find strength in community. James 5:16 encourages us to confess our sins to one another and pray for each other's healing. Being accountable and transparent with fellow believers creates a supportive environment where we can resist temptation together.

As stewards of purity, let's commit to honoring God with our bodies, resisting the allure of sexual sin and embracing the transformative power of moral integrity.

Our journey toward purity is not a solitary endeavor but a communal pursuit guided by the Holy Spirit and grounded in God's Word. As we walk together in accountability, transparency, and grace, may we honor God with our bodies and reflect His holiness in every aspect of our lives.

In our pursuit of purity, we must also cultivate a deep reverence for the sacredness of our bodies, recognizing them as temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). By guarding our hearts and minds against impurity, we honor God and uphold His divine standards for our lives.

Prayer
Father, help me to shine as a beacon of purity in a world filled with temptation. Strengthen me to live a life that honors you in every way.

Declaration
I declare that I will think pure and holy thoughts, strengthened to live above all forms of sexual immorality. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:33am On Mar 25

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, March 25, 2024

*A SACRIFICE MOST PLEASING TO THE LORD*

*Ephesians 5:2 AMP*
_“…and walk continually in love [that is, value one another—practice empathy and compassion, unselfishly seeking the best for others], just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and sacrifice to God [slain for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance.”_

The interaction between God and man is governed by sacrifice. Throughout scriptures, from the cradle of humanity in Genesis to its climax in Revelation, sacrifice is a consistent theme recurring. For men, the relationship with God, the Father of Spirits, must essentially be based on sacrifice. He himself established this protocol in sacrificing His only begotten Son even before the cradle of humanity (Revelation 13:8 ). Hence, anyone who will succeed in relating with this God must have a good understanding of the place, purpose, and power of sacrifice. When a man sacrifices to God, he acknowledges that He is, that He is One to defer to, and that He is deserving of worship. This principle holds true to other gods. One reason God the Creator will therefore not tolerate sacrifices to any other gods is that to sacrifice to those gods is to imply that they are deserving of worship (Exodus 20:3).

Scriptures reveal to us different kinds and classes of sacrifices. Among all the various sacrifices directed towards God, the sacrifice of Christ is the ultimate. It is the sacrifice of all sacrifices. His was a perfect sacrifice, a lamb without blemish or defect (1 Peter 1:19), the very first sacrifice most pleasing to God. All of man’s dealings with God are enabled by the sacrifice of Christ, whether men acknowledge it or not. Without the sacrifice, the entire human race will have no justification to continue to exist, for they will become totally abhorrent to God. It is the sacrifice of Christ that qualifies mankind as a race to remain extant and to have the opportunity to interface with God. We owe so much to the sacrifice of Christ.

The sacrifice of Christ is complete, covering every dimension of interaction a man will ever have with God. Hence, every other sacrifice a man will make must begin with the acceptance of the sacrifice of Christ and must be situated within the same. Any sacrifice offered to God outside the acceptance and provisions of the sacrifice of Christ is null, void, and in fact damning. This is a very cardinal point, for believers sometimes assume that their sacrifices – represented by their giving, service, good works, and good behavior – are good enough reasons to get God’s attention in prayer. This assumption is faulty and deeply displeases the LORD. It is like approaching God with animal sacrifices while yet Christ has died, once and for all! No believer should ever feel justified to receive from God on the grounds of his or her good works, no matter how good they are. Perfect humility must be maintained whenever one approaches God, grounded in the knowledge that only the sacrifice of Christ actually pleases Him, and that everything one qualifies for is based upon that sacrifice (Romans 8:32). It is when one is grounded in this understanding that every other kind of sacrifice one makes is then deemed pleasing and acceptable to God.

*Prayer*
Lord, give me a fresh understanding of the sacrifice of Christ. Help me comprehend the depth of Your love demonstrated through His sacrifice, and may it ignite within me a fervent desire to live in the reality of its significance.

*Declaration*
I live daily in the knowledge and understanding of the sacrifice of Christ. I approach God solely on the basis of His sacrifice, and I enjoy the full benefits therein.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:47am On Mar 26
PST SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, March 26, 2024

*WALKING IN KINGDOM AUTHORITY*

*Matthew 28:18-20 NIV*
_"Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.’’_

As believers, we are commissioned to walk in the authority bestowed upon us by Jesus Christ Himself. In Matthew 28:18-20, commonly known as the Great Commission, Jesus proclaims His dominion over all creation and entrusts His disciples with the task of making disciples of all nations. This passage serves as a potent reminder that our authority as believers emanates not from our own prowess or merit but from the sovereignty of Jesus Christ.

Throughout the New Testament, we witness Jesus exercising His authority over illness, demonic forces, and the elements of nature. He healed the infirm, expelled demons, and even stilled tempestuous seas with a mere utterance (Matthew 8:16-27). As His followers, we are called to tread in the same authority, perpetuating the work He initiated on earth.

In Luke 10:19, Jesus confers upon His disciples the power to tread upon serpents and scorpions and to vanquish all the forces of the adversary. This authority is not exclusive to a select few but is accessible to every believer who invokes the name of Jesus and abides by His teachings. Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we are equipped to confront and overcome every impediment and fortress hindering the fulfilment of God's kingdom purposes.

Nevertheless, with great authority comes great responsibility. We are tasked with stewarding the authority imparted to us by Jesus with meekness, honesty, and love. Our authority is not to be exploited for self-serving ends or personal ambition but to advance the dominion of God and exalt His name (1 Peter 4:10-11).

As we stride in kingdom authority, let us do so with assurance, cognizant that we are not solitary. Jesus pledged His perpetual presence, empowering us by His Spirit to execute the mission He has entrusted to us. Let us boldly herald the gospel, heal the infirm, and liberate the oppressed, recognizing that the same dynamism that resurrected Jesus from the dead abides within us (Romans 8:11).

*Prayer*
Lord Jesus, I am grateful for entrusting me with your authority. Endow me with the discernment and sagacity to walk in obedience to your word and to shepherd your authority with modesty and affection. May your kingdom come, and your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

*Declaration*
I declare that I tread in the authority of Jesus Christ, emboldened by the Holy Spirit to execute the Great Commission and propel the kingdom of God forward. I confront every barrier and stronghold with conviction, knowing that nothing is insurmountable with God.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:30am On Mar 27

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, March 27, 2024

*DIVINE DIRECTION, A SURE PATH TO SUCCESS*

*Esther 2:15 NKJV*
_“Now when the turn came for Esther the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai, who had taken her as his daughter, to go in to the king, she requested nothing but what Hegai the king’s eunuch, the custodian of the women, advised. And Esther obtained favour in the sight of all who saw her.”_

Divine direction is our covenant right as believers. As sons of God, we have the right to be led – Romans 8:14. God will not leave us in the dark when it comes to the steps to take in both the critical and trivial matters of our lives. Jesus remains for us a perfect example of sonship and divine direction. He was led every moment of his life by the Spirit. From age 12 he was led to study the word and spend quality time in the synagogue (‘as his custom was’), he was led to pray, fast and in the selection of his inner circle. John 8:28. Like Jesus, we must do nothing outside of the Father’s instructions - we must cultivate the habit of ‘dwelling’ to hear God’s instructions that accompany our answered prayers, but even more important is being careful to obey such instructions that we receive to the letter.

One major way God leads us into success is by setting around us role models - people whose lives he wants us to emulate, people who have a certain level of intelligence, who have walked certain paths that eyes don’t see. God has created a body of knowledge (people, resources, etc.) for us to draw from, from time to time. As we pattern our lives after them, we get the same results that they get.

There are books that are pointers to the direction that we need, courses we need to enlist for, mentors we need to sit under. Bishop Oyedepo read 32 biographies before he commenced ministry. In this life there are places God wants to lead us to and to do so, we must follow someone (you may not like the person, but just follow them) - 1 Corinthians 11:1; Luke 22:10. This is the role that mentors play - mentors will deliver you from tormentors. Similarly, fathers are like feathers - they are spiritual wings that will help you to fly further in life.

Esther was a clear example of mentorship and guidance that led to success. She obeyed not just Hagai but also the instructions of her cousin, Mordecai, and that led her to great success. Now imagine what would have been had Esther not followed guidance – it is possible that the Jews would have suffered a great genocide at that time. Not following divine direction puts our lives and that of others in danger. What is God directing you towards? Heed to His leading and you will never regret it. If you struggle to discern God’s leading and promptings, say the prayer below believing in your heart that God will answer.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, I surrender my life to you. Take full control of it and cause my desires to align with your perfect will for me. I receive your grace to stay in obedience to you, every step of the way.

*Declaration*
I am a child of God therefore my ears hear well; they hear the inaudible. My eyes see well, they see the invincible. The voice of my Father, I know, I hear, and I obey. The voice of the stranger I do not hear or follow.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:33am On Mar 28

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, 28 March, 2024

*MIND YOUR WORDS*

*Genesis 1:1-3 NKJV*
_In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. Then God said, let there be light: and there was light._

In the beginning, everything started by the spoken Word of God. By implication, there is power in spoken words. The world and all creation were made by the spoken Word of God. As Christians, therefore, we must be mindful and careful of what we say, especially when faced with crises or when circumstances do not seem to be aligning as we wish. Words are seeds, they grow to become our reality. The Bible records that the children of Israel spent years wandering in the wilderness not because it was the plan of God for their lives but because of their continuous display of unbelief evident in their murmuring and negative declarations.

Spoken words are a window into what a man’s heart is made up of. They are a very powerful force in the heavens and on the earth. Spoken words endure; they cannot be retrieved once spoken. Words do not return void. Again, as Christians it is our responsibility to be mindful of our words.
Our declaration in trying times is more powerful than the challenges we may be faced with. The right words carry in them the capacity to turn around negative circumstances (Mark 11:23). One of many examples in the Bible of someone who used the right words was the woman with the issue of blood, for she said within herself, “If I may but touch His garment, I shall be whole”. The words she spoke within herself paved the way for her healing. As human beings, we fall short atimes in our approach to challenges, so we must see to it that we stay continuously filled with the Word of God. We must also pay attention to what the Word says about us and what God is saying to us in the quiet place.

When we are filled with His Words, we will speak life at all times. The quality of life that we live as believers is a function of the words we hear. Listening to God's Words calms our nerves, directs us, and shows us our place in the scheme of things.

We must also pay attention to the conversations we have within ourselves. Like the woman with the issue of blood, her words inside her were taken into consideration for her healing. Our lives cannot be better than the words we say to ourselves within ourselves. The Bible says that life and death are in the power of the tongue. We must, therefore, use our mouth against the enemy and not against ourselves. We must also pay attention to what we allow people say around us. These words are seeds and can stay planted in our spirits while creating battles for us.

*Prayer*
Father, I ask that You grant me the enablement to fill my heart with Your Words at all times, that I may only speak life when faced with any challenge, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declaration*
I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. I am marvelously helped by the Lord. My steps are ordered by the Lord. The eyes of my understanding are flooded with light.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 11:59am On Mar 29
PST .SUNDAY & PST..CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, 29 March, 2024

*Jesus the Perfect Example*

*John 12:4 KJV*
_Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, which should betray him. Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?_

*Luke 6:32 NIV*
_“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them.”_

Jesus is God’s template for how we should live. We are to emulate how He lived on earth and, of course, even beyond. In other words, beyond being our Saviour and enduring all He went through because He loves us, there are a lot of lessons we should learn from the passion of Christ. In truth, no one has ever faced the level of violence, insults, and cursing that Jesus endured, yet He never stooped to the level of the people who hated Him without cause. We’ve not had anyone spit on our face, strip us naked in public, hurl insults and curses at us, plant thorns into our skull, beat us till our skin is tearing deeply, and then crucify us to a shameful death, all for doing absolutely no wrong. In spite of all, although Jesus had every reason to be livid, He forgave and blessed them instead. He did not try to prove a point; no, it was time to be the Lamb of God and act out the redemption script of the Father, and He did it so excellently to the pleasure of His Majesty.

Similarly, being children of God isn’t a matter of mere words, but of actively living out God’s instructions. We are not called to live by convenience but as commanded. Sadly, the reverse is the case for most Christians; we tend to cherry-pick the Word of God we like to obey and leave the rest. No, we cannot effectively represent God that way.

In our daily lives, moment by moment we are handed opportunities to emulate Christ and show the world that we’re not just paying lip service to following God but actually allowing His Word to live out through us – letting people see God through us. You do these by guarding your heart against offence and living by love always. Someone in offence is like a vessel with a tear, allowing things to easily seep through. This reminds me of when the Titanic hit an iceberg, causing water to flow in from the outside and sink the ship. Keeping offence in your heart is unhealthy for both your spiritual and physical health. Judas was offended when a woman poured expensive perfume on Jesus' feet instead of selling it to help the poor. This act revealed Judas' greed, and consequently he went to betray Jesus for a meagre sum of money.

There’s a lot to gain from letting go of any hurt people inflict on you, with an apology or not. No one apologised to Jesus, He just forgave. Of course, it’s easier said than done. That is why we need the Holy Spirit to help us; He is the one that gives us the grace to do His will.

*Prayer*
Father, thank You for Your son Jesus Christ. Thank You for the sacrifice that He made and all the wonderful lessons we can learn from His act of love for us all. Amen.

*Declaration*
I live and grow in love. Every bitterness and offence that lingers in my heart is expelled today. As I reflect on the sacrifice Christ made for me, my heart is softened and healed, in Jesus’ name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:41am On Mar 30
PST. SUNDAY & PPST.CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, March 30, 2024

**FAITH IN HIS WORD*

*Genesis 12:1 TLB*
_‘’God had told Abram, “Leave your own country behind you, and your own people, and go to the land I will guide you to.’’_

*Hebrews 11:8 TLB*
_‘’Abraham trusted God, and when God told him to leave home and go far away to another land that he promised to give him, Abraham obeyed. Away he went, not even knowing where he was going.’’_

God called Abram to leave his country and travel to a location that God would show him in Genesis 12:1. Even in the face of uncertainty, Abram showed incredible faith in God's promise by following through. Hebrews 11:8 highlights Abraham's faith in God even more as he sets out on this trip without knowing where it would end. The African Impala story provides a powerful example of faith. The Impala is limited by a modest fence despite its amazing jumping ability because it won't jump without first determining where its feet would land. In a similar vein, many believers hold back from acting in faith until they know how things will work out.

Abraham's faith encourages us to put our faith in God's direction and get over our fear of the unknown. God called Abraham, then 75 years old and his wife infertile, to become the father of a great nation. Abraham leapt into an uncertain future with unshakeable trust, even in the face of a lack of information or assurances (Genesis 12:1-cool.

We are commanded, like Abraham, to act in faith even in the face of uncertainty about the result. Hebrews 11:1 tells us that faith is the conviction of things unseen and the assurance of things hoped for. This idea is best shown by a number of people, like Ruth and Rahab, who lived in faith even though they were unaware of God's ultimate purpose for their life.result.

In our pursuit of righteousness and obedience, let us remember that God's grace is more than sufficient to sustain us through every trial and tribulation. Just as He equipped Abraham to journey into the unknown, He equips us with the strength and courage to face whatever challenges may come our way. Let us trust in His promises, knowing that He who began a good work in us will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:6).

As we continue to abide in Christ and walk in obedience to His Word, may our lives be a testament to the transformative power of God's love and grace. May we shine as lights in a dark world, pointing others to the hope and redemption found only in Jesus Christ. And may we never cease to marvel at the wonder of our supernatural transformation, a divine work that declares the glory of our Heavenly Father for all eternity.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father help me to obtain a good report by faith, let me be persuaded by your word and your promises so I can see beyond human eyes.

*Declaration*
I declare in the name of Jesus that by faith, I (name), win my battles, overthrow ungodly kingdoms, provide wise leadership and receive all of God’s promises in his word, Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:46am On Mar 30
PST. SUNDAY & PPST.CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, March 30, 2024

**FAITH IN HIS WORD*

*Genesis 12:1 TLB*
_‘’God had told Abram, “Leave your own country behind you, and your own people, and go to the land I will guide you to.’’_

*Hebrews 11:8 TLB*
_‘’Abraham trusted God, and when God told him to leave home and go far away to another land that he promised to give him, Abraham obeyed. Away he went, not even knowing where he was going.’’_

God called Abram to leave his country and travel to a location that God would show him in Genesis 12:1. Even in the face of uncertainty, Abram showed incredible faith in God's promise by following through. Hebrews 11:8 highlights Abraham's faith in God even more as he sets out on this trip without knowing where it would end. The African Impala story provides a powerful example of faith. The Impala is limited by a modest fence despite its amazing jumping ability because it won't jump without first determining where its feet would land. In a similar vein, many believers hold back from acting in faith until they know how things will work out.

Abraham's faith encourages us to put our faith in God's direction and get over our fear of the unknown. God called Abraham, then 75 years old and his wife infertile, to become the father of a great nation. Abraham leapt into an uncertain future with unshakeable trust, even in the face of a lack of information or assurances (Genesis 12:1-8 ).

We are commanded, like Abraham, to act in faith even in the face of uncertainty about the result. Hebrews 11:1 tells us that faith is the conviction of things unseen and the assurance of things hoped for. This idea is best shown by a number of people, like Ruth and Rahab, who lived in faith even though they were unaware of God's ultimate purpose for their life.result.

In our pursuit of righteousness and obedience, let us remember that God's grace is more than sufficient to sustain us through every trial and tribulation. Just as He equipped Abraham to journey into the unknown, He equips us with the strength and courage to face whatever challenges may come our way. Let us trust in His promises, knowing that He who began a good work in us will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:6).

As we continue to abide in Christ and walk in obedience to His Word, may our lives be a testament to the transformative power of God's love and grace. May we shine as lights in a dark world, pointing others to the hope and redemption found only in Jesus Christ. And may we never cease to marvel at the wonder of our supernatural transformation, a divine work that declares the glory of our Heavenly Father for all eternity.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father help me to obtain a good report by faith, let me be persuaded by your word and your promises so I can see beyond human eyes.

*Declaration*
I declare in the name of Jesus that by faith, I (name), win my battles, overthrow ungodly kingdoms, provide wise leadership and receive all of God’s promises in his word, Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 10:27am On Mar 31

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*

Sunday, March 31, 2023

*Triumphant Faith in the Risen Christ*

*Romans 5:1-5 TPT*
_“Our faith in Jesus transfers God's righteousness to us and he now declares us flawless in his eyes. This means we can now enjoy true and lasting peace with God, all because of what our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One, has done for us. Our faith guarantees us permanent access into this marvelous kindness that has given us a perfect relationship with God. What incredible joy bursts forth within us as we keep on celebrating our hope of experiencing God’s glory! But that’s not all! Even in times of trouble we have a joyful confidence, knowing that our pressures will develop in us patient endurance. And patient endurance will refine our character, and proven character leads us back to hope. And this hope is not a disappointing fantasy, because we can now experience the endless love of God cascading into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who lives in us!”_

This scripture captures the totality of all that the Cross represents. It shows why Jesus died, the implication of the Cross, and what we stand to gain as believers. Christ came to deploy the triumphant faith. It is this faith that connects us to the life of God that Jesus mentioned in John 10:10 (NIV) “. . . I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”

The death of Jesus was not an ordinary execution. It was not an accident. He was first introduced to Israel as the Lamb of God. Lambs in the temple were killed to atone for the sins of the people. Jesus did not come to work miracles, as it were, but to die for the world so that the world can have life. His death, burial and resurrection were all prophesied, therefore, neither could have been an accident. Today, we stand to enjoy the benefits that come with His sacrifice.

I was listening to an interview once and the man being interviewed said it is a horrid thing to say that Christ is a part of your life. No! You say, “He is my life.” This knowledge is very important because wrapped up in it is the truth of who you are and whose you are. The life you now live, like Apostle Paul said, is not yours but His (Galatians 2:20).

So, when we celebrate Easter, we are celebrating that triumphant faith – the faith that brings us to the knowledge of the life we now have in Christ. The faith that justifies us, making us live as though we never sinned. It is that faith that brings us to a life that can't be crushed.

As you celebrate this season, know that it is not a time of eggs and rabbits as the world represents it, but it is a season of celebrating the Cross. It is not a season of death in that sense, but a season of life. It is not a season of negativity, but a season of love, the love that comes from the Father.

This is the story of Easter, that we have exchanged our lives for His life, and now we can live life to the fullest.

*Prayer*
Father, open my understanding to know and embrace all that You did on the Cross for me.

*Declaration*
I have the life of Christ by the faith that He has given to me. I am blessed because Christ loved me and gave Himself for me. Today, I am who I am by the grace and love of God. Amen!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

How Do You Fight An Ancestral Python Spirit? / Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings / Life Changing Books On Generals In God's Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 270
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.