Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,771 members, 7,965,904 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 02:10 AM

Ebonyi YPP Guber Candidate Declares 7 Point Agenda If Elected Governor In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi YPP Guber Candidate Declares 7 Point Agenda If Elected Governor In 2023 (170 Views)

Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) / EndSARS: The 7-Point Demands / JUST IN: APGA Dump Candidate Declares Support For Atiku-obi, 5 Days To Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi YPP Guber Candidate Declares 7 Point Agenda If Elected Governor In 2023 by polycarp65: 3:40pm On Aug 08, 2022
By Maxwell Okechukwu.
Abakaliki.

The  Young Progressive Party (YPP) Governorship Candidate in Ebonyi State Dr. Opoke Sunday Andrew in an Interview with Newsmen in  his office at Abakaliki the State capital has promised the people in  the State especially the youths that If in the fourth coming 2023 general Election he's been Elected the Governor, that he will not only give people fish rather will teach them how to catch fish.

Said  "I will  create difference from the areas our past Leaders
Who believes that given people fish is the best way of eradicating poverty,"

"My purpose for coming out to contest  for  governorship, is to serve as a  Leader with leadership example, who is to serve his people, not like politicians who believes that leadership position is an opportunity to lout government funds and to  squarer wealth and authority ,while  by  deceiving  their Electorate " .

"Again I have vow in my mind that my coming out should not be to lout government funds, rather to do what the present and next generation to come should be remembering  me with.

"Meanwhile People should note that politicians only come  to win  Election, and to enrich themselves with their  family, while I am not a politician per say , therefore should establish  the  difference between a politician and a Leader in call,".

Dr. Opoke equally revealed that Ebonyi State is blessed  with natural resources, both  sold mineral and other means,
which as a geologist has carried out research and  discovered that if what the state has is developed,

"none  will remain in the poverty level people are today  and will  also  left up the State to compete with other developed  states in Nigeria and beyond also  would  create huge  employment for Ebonyians, mostly  the youths,

Dr. Opoke, a PhD holder in geology and a consultant in the Mining sector, both in Nigeria and outside  the country , had equally understood that given youth political appointments should not be the  paramount  option rather, given them full  empowerment than  short term appointment.

"in my seven point agenda mining should be  MY first option, and has mapped out the strategies and  means that would attract International Investors into the State to partner with those existing Mainers already in the State. for creating massive employment and increase the States IGR.

He assured  Ebonyians that unemployment  would be a past story through his accomplishment, following his already  connection with the some foreign countries, whom  he is in partnership with both in mining and water  project.

Reformations of the collapsed civil service system in the state, due to the inability of the past leaders, due to lack of experience which has resulted to the collapse of the civil service commission  in the State

And reform the commission back to its standard, if voted him the governor, said has once been a civil servant , and has known the system very well and what it will take in restructuring it. 
creating rooms for employment, promotion , regular payment of  salaries , both leave allowance and other attached entitlements. whereby at the end of every month  workers will be going home with smile and  proud, knowing that there is dignity in civil service Labour

Said he will  create an
urban and rureal Area migration, by designing a scheme for those in the rural areas not only having come to the capital city before gating  what they wants the create developmental strategies for rural people in the State which should not be an avenue for any Leader who did the needful, to  be proud when constructed or attracted  any projects. he said"

Dr. Opoke in conclusion said, his ambitions is not to lout government money and resources, rather to contribute his leadership experience .

(1) (Reply)

Free Entrepreneurship E-learning / “if The Vagabonds In Power Remain Indifferent, Nigeria Will Certainly Become A C / Fct Minister Lauds Dev Partnerships In Fct, As Kafe District Gets 24/7 Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.