Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,913 members, 7,872,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:17 AM

Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? (17128 Views)

Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory / Can Tinubu And Atiku Get 25% Of The Votes In Rivers State? / Nigerians Post Roads In The North In Response To Peter Obi's CNN Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by butterfly777(m): 7:36am On Aug 13, 2022
No be by mouth. Just wait for the results n 2023. Your eyes go clear.

Peter Obi is our next President.

1 Like

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by barbstee(m): 7:37am On Aug 13, 2022
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by Hoodvillex7: 7:37am On Aug 13, 2022
Till then
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by nsiba: 7:37am On Aug 13, 2022
Nvestor02:
The presidential ambition of the former governor of Anambra is one of the most talked about in the country. Many people have already been mobilizing for him ahead of the coming election, especially the youths.

However, according to the Nigerian constitution, the election cannot be won with the vote of a single region at all. A person must have 25% of the vote in at least 24 states out of the 36 that we have.

This shows that at least Peter Obi will need to get a huge vote in the North and the South West before his ambition to be president can come to pass.

However, this question is: Can Peter Obi get 25% of the votes in the South West and North?

To begin with, both the South West and the North are home to the presidential candidates of the two major parties, the APC and the PDP, and as a result, this region may not be fertile for Peter Obi.

Apart from that, the party of Peter Obi's Labour Party is almost a new face to many people, and it would be hard for the party to gather large percent of votes in these two regions where both APC and PDP have members in almost all households that exist there.

The last election in Osun and Ekiti shows that the Labour Party has no strong stand in the South West because even with the presence of Peter Obi in Osun state to campaign for the governorship candidate of the state, Lasun Yusuf, the Labour Party still comes far behind both APC and PDP, who have multiple thousand votes.

Because of the fact that the Labour Party of Peter Obi has a low presence in both regions and because they are mostly unknown to the elderly and middle-aged people who mostly vote during elections, we can stand by the conclusion that Peter Obi may not be able to see 25% of the votes in both regions.

M
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by kingsways: 7:37am On Aug 13, 2022
They like suffering
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by francis5051: 7:38am On Aug 13, 2022
Nvestor02:

Which youth?
You mean.. IPoB youth?

Because no reasonable man will vote an alcohol seller.
I wonder the kind of brain and blood you have..wish I can see your face
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by Kingxchange44: 7:38am On Aug 13, 2022
Paulheyman:
The agenda

By You? Una go just wake up come naira land dey type nonsense
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by chinchum(m): 7:38am On Aug 13, 2022
No. He needs at least 25% of votes in 24 states. The optimistic chance is at least 25% of votes in 11 states.

1 Like

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by Skty: 7:39am On Aug 13, 2022
Why are u people only concerned about Peter Obi. all the post is on him. Like this man is giving everyone sleepless nights

1 Like

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by Gourdoinc(m): 7:39am On Aug 13, 2022
Is it your business? Shebi you want him to lose. Be happy he is about to lose na. All these people who truth has murdered their sleep.

1 Like

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by BrashMan: 7:40am On Aug 13, 2022
If the drug baron will not send out his thugs to opposition strongholds in Lagos to cause disruption, he will lose Lagos to Obi. The thief has been struggling to win the Lagos he claims to own and that's because sensible people who know him for what he is are far more than his paid urchins. But this time around if they try it, they won't return alive. Obi will get up to 45% in South west.

2 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by Gourdoinc(m): 7:40am On Aug 13, 2022
Nvestor02:
The presidential ambition of the former governor of Anambra is one of the most talked about in the country. Many people have already been mobilizing for him ahead of the coming election, especially the youths.

However, according to the Nigerian constitution, the election cannot be won with the vote of a single region at all. A person must have 25% of the vote in at least 24 states out of the 36 that we have.

This shows that at least Peter Obi will need to get a huge vote in the North and the South West before his ambition to be president can come to pass.

However, this question is: Can Peter Obi get 25% of the votes in the South West and North?

To begin with, both the South West and the North are home to the presidential candidates of the two major parties, the APC and the PDP, and as a result, this region may not be fertile for Peter Obi.

Apart from that, the party of Peter Obi's Labour Party is almost a new face to many people, and it would be hard for the party to gather large percent of votes in these two regions where both APC and PDP have members in almost all households that exist there.

The last election in Osun and Ekiti shows that the Labour Party has no strong stand in the South West because even with the presence of Peter Obi in Osun state to campaign for the governorship candidate of the state, Lasun Yusuf, the Labour Party still comes far behind both APC and PDP, who have multiple thousand votes.

Because of the fact that the Labour Party of Peter Obi has a low presence in both regions and because they are mostly unknown to the elderly and middle-aged people who mostly vote during elections, we can stand by the conclusion that Peter Obi may not be able to see 25% of the votes in both regions.
will the other candidates get 25 percent in other regions going by your beer parlour analysis ?

1 Like

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by SmartPolician: 7:41am On Aug 13, 2022
There won't be a landslide victory in this election. We are likely going to see a runoff for the first time.
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by jmoore(m): 7:41am On Aug 13, 2022
When you see a poster intoxicated with Mkpurummiri, you will know. Plus the mods that are in Agbado pocket.

Beer parlour analysis on front-page..
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by Pravedk: 7:42am On Aug 13, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Peter obi my niggarrrr

Dude, stop going solo

I missed u here!

Hope you have been good?

By the way I hope you are Obidient

3 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by NothingDoMe: 7:42am On Aug 13, 2022
See person when mods push post go front page. Just dey insult everybody. Disgusting cheesy
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by Skty: 7:43am On Aug 13, 2022
Fuckingmallam45:
Since Ibos have turned the whole thing to tribal issue, let see how they're going to get the 25% in Southwest. How can I leave my own and vote for another person even widely known that my own is better than their own in all ramifications. I'm not a Zombie.

Na only yoruba de Nigeria? Minorities plenty too

1 Like

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by omonla10(m): 7:45am On Aug 13, 2022
I want this same question be asked by December..

In every area I've found myself in this Lagos o, church, at work, on d Street, even sampling some agberos opinion, Peter obi is winning by 90%. I don't know where tinubu's voters will come from though, but maybe isale Eko.

Peter obi will win Tinubu in most south western states including Lagos.. Bookmark this space

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by GreenCovering: 7:45am On Aug 13, 2022
Realistically speaking, 25% in the 5 core southeastern states is debatable for him also.

Know this and know peace, as they say here on NL.

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by shortIGBOman: 7:46am On Aug 13, 2022
We won't vote him in the North, Yoruba won't vote him cause IGBO People insult them online daily. South South won't vote him cause they don't like Igbo and most IGBO won't vote him, cause IGBO People don't like themselves.

7 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by nwekeugochukwu: 7:46am On Aug 13, 2022
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by Born2Breed(f): 7:47am On Aug 13, 2022
Nvestor02:

Try dey sleep small small.HBP is real.
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by Freebills12: 7:47am On Aug 13, 2022
I am ashamed of the MD of this forum! You are just promoting ethnic and tribal tension. How can you allow this kind of post? You have broken your own rule... Who will ban you then? This is irritating. You are just belittling this forum, making it a childish playground

3 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by Kurutinto(m): 7:47am On Aug 13, 2022
Nvestor02:

Ashewo.. instead of you to go and hustle today wey be Friday you are here shouting up and down

You wan kill yourself ontop person wey no get pikin for Nigeria.

Suffer no dey tire you.

Seun mynd44 lalasticlala oam4j
Rule 2. Calling a nairalander ashewo
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by Kurutinto(m): 7:48am On Aug 13, 2022
Nvestor02:

Ashewo dey Buga grin... Na hunger go tell you grin

Mumu girls... Nobody is interested in your smelling toto again. grin

Expired something grin

Seun mynd44 lalasticlala oam4j
Rule 2. Calling a nairalander ashewo
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by Kizyte(m): 7:49am On Aug 13, 2022
Nvestor02:

Which youth?
You mean.. IPoB youth?

Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Why una go allow this bigot thread make front page?
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by omonla10(m): 7:49am On Aug 13, 2022
Fuckingmallam45:
Since Ibos have turned the whole thing to tribal issue, let see how they're going to get the 25% in Southwest. How can I leave my own and vote for another person even widely known that my own is better than their own in all ramifications. I'm not a Zombie nau. Don't come here to tell me about their age difference. I want you to tell me their political track records. They were both Governors of their respective States for good 8years, show me their records.
so why didn't we call on okocha to play against Ghana last year.. Tinubu was a good governor, but he should be retired already due to his health physically and mentally
Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by utenwuson: 7:49am On Aug 13, 2022
Nvestor02:

Which youth?
You mean.. IPoB youth?

why are you telling them now? We will tell the Northerners when election is close, one vote he won't get from the North.

2 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by shortIGBOman: 7:50am On Aug 13, 2022
GreenCovering:
Realistically speaking, 25% in the 5 core southeastern states is debatable for him also.

Know this and know peace, as they say here on NL.

undecided

You are fairly correct. But I doubt he will get 25% in the EAST. Remember, Igbo people no like themselves. grin

1 Like

Re: Can Peter Obi Get 25% Of The Votes In The South West And North In 2023? by Obojuju: 7:51am On Aug 13, 2022
Nairaland cant help Tinubu with this type of post to the front page. Tinubu will come 3rd in this election.

Peter Obi is the next President of Nigeria. Its so clear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kogi 2023 Governorship Election Live Monitoring, Updates, and Results / What I Think Of "Pastor" Tunde Bakare / Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.