Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,531 members, 7,905,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 04:13 AM

Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist (530 Views)

C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years / 7 Liverpool Players Named In 30-Man Ballon d'Or Shortlist [See Full List] / The Main Reason Why Neymar Left Barcelona For PSG (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by frndfghtr(m): 8:40am On Aug 13, 2022
Messi left off 30-man Ballon d'Or shortlist for first time since 2005 as Neymar also misses out

The PSG star was not among the stars named to the final list unveiled on Friday

Lionel Messi has been left off the Ballon d'Or shortlist as the Paris Saint-Germain star was not named among France Football's 30-man shortlist on Friday.

Messi has not been left off of a Ballon d'Or shortlist since 2005, having won the award seven times during that span.

His team-mate Neymar was also among those to not make the list, while the Argentine's former La Liga rival Cristiano Ronaldo did make the list
Messi's performance
Playing in his first-ever season away from Barcelona, Messi did not meet his own lofty standards when it comes to goals during his debut season at PSG.

He did, however, provide plenty assists, as he set up 14 goals in addition to the 11 he scored in his first season in France, one which ended with a Ligue 1 title.

Internationally, he helped Argentina win the Finalissima while scoring seven times in 15 matches.

Messi's Ballon d'Or history
The Argentine earned his first Ballon d'Or nomination in 2005, his first season as a regular starter at Barcelona.

Messi finished in the top three every year from 2007-2018, winning the award five times during that span.

After missing out in 2018, he won the award in both 2019 and 2021, with the Ballon d'Or not being handed out in 2020 as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by frndfghtr(m): 8:41am On Aug 13, 2022
We know the goat
Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by Totilopussylick(m): 8:43am On Aug 13, 2022
They have expired
Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by justicechichex: 8:55am On Aug 13, 2022
Both of 'em had poor season. Wasn't xpecting them tbh. Watch out as they make a comeback this season.

I see Messi gunning for a record extending 8th balon d'or come next year.
Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by Cubalabloo(m): 9:24am On Aug 13, 2022
The king will bounce back after a dismay season, come 2023.
Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by HarlequinLekex: 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2022
frndfghtr:
We know the goat
And who is the goat?
Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by HarlequinLekex: 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2022
justicechichex:
Both of 'em had poor season. Wasn't xpecting them tbh. Watch out as they make a comeback this season.

other players too should be considered and not names, many new players don spring up.

1 Like

Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by paulolee(m): 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2022
we all know benzema would win it n nothing changes d fact dt messi is the most winner out of all players DEAD OR ALIVE
Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by justicechichex: 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
other players too should be considered and not names, many new players don spring up.

I don't think it's about new names springing up. If the older guys are still putting top performances every season they deserve to be in the list as well.
Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by Kingcalls: 12:34am On Aug 14, 2022
justicechichex:

Y are u messi fans sooooo deluded ??
Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by Kingcalls: 12:35am On Aug 14, 2022
justicechichex:

I don't think it's about new names springing up. If the older guys are still putting top performances every season they deserve to be in the list as well.

With 6 league goals a season
Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by Nobody: 3:18am On Aug 14, 2022
With neymar's talent.. he hasn't won the balon dor yet.. attitude is everything
Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by justicechichex: 6:38am On Aug 14, 2022
Kingcalls:

Y are u messi fans sooooo deluded ??

It's not about delusion. FYI, i like both Messi and Ronaldo. I don't get into arguments 'bout them coz they are the best.
Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by justicechichex: 6:41am On Aug 14, 2022
Kingcalls:

With 6 league goals a season

It's a pity u don't even understand my point. I already said they both had poor seasons which means they don't deserve to be in the list.

1 Like

Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by Kingcalls: 11:36am On Aug 14, 2022
justicechichex:

It's a pity u don't even understand my point. I already said they both had poor seasons which means they don't deserve to be in the list.

Ronaldo had a great season , Manchester had a poor season... how can u say the player that finished 3rd in the EPL goal standings with a shitty team and also scored 6 goals ( mostly winning goals ) in 7 games in the UCL had a bad season... person score 24 goals and u say he had a bad season?

Messi had a bad season but PSG had a decent season...thats the difference...
Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by justicechichex: 2:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kingcalls:

Ronaldo had a great season , Manchester had a poor season... how can u say the player that finished 3rd in the EPL goal standings with a shitty team and also scored 6 goals ( mostly winning goals ) in 7 games in the UCL had a bad season... person score 24 goals and u say he had a bad season?

Messi had a bad season but PSG had a decent season...thats the difference...

Dunno how Ronaldo came into the picture in the first place. The thread is about Messi and Neymar. I never talked 'bout CR7
Re: Messi and neymar left Off 30-man Ballon D'or Shortlist by Kingcalls: 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
justicechichex:

Dunno how Ronaldo came into the picture in the first place. The thread is about Messi and Neymar. I never talked 'bout CR7

The person I quoted left messi and neymar and started talking about Ronaldo not deserving to be on the list cos messi failed to make the list

(1) (Reply)

MNU Vs ARS: Why VAR Were Wrong Cancel Arsenal's Goal Against Man United / Peter Crouch Slams PL For Postponing Matches / I Want To Be A Football Coach. Is It Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.