Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:27 AM

Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing (11196 Views)

Ekiti Health Ministry Denies Building PHC Centres For ₦‎91 Billion / Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35 Billion On Buhari’s Elections / NCDC Denies Spending N1bn On SMS, Says It's Fake News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by ekukeku(m): 6:59am On Aug 18, 2022
U people no dey spend Millions again
Na Billions dey reign now
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by Princeton92(m): 7:00am On Aug 18, 2022
What did you spend it on??
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:00am On Aug 18, 2022
Allashamu:
Until when majority of we Northeners understands what poverty is,only then Nigeria will be great..

cut that crap...

Which kind trashy small pikin sense you wan use here..?

Call your state with your full chest... Benue said they ain't North..
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by stazaa: 7:01am On Aug 18, 2022
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by Magiaa: 7:01am On Aug 18, 2022
Oga o
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by femiasaolu2014: 7:03am On Aug 18, 2022
Was anyone expecting them to admit to the fact before?

1 Like

Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by Benrosaria(m): 7:04am On Aug 18, 2022
Lolololol
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by Elidrisy20: 7:07am On Aug 18, 2022
N18.9billion is For clearing bush and planting bushes

1 Like

Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by djseanjohn77: 7:09am On Aug 18, 2022
SAMBARRY:
Quite typical.im not surprised

There has been a stealing spree going on and I'm beginning to believe that Nigerians are as narcisstic and as their leaders.it reflects in families, religious gatherings,work environment etc.steal, destroy people's lives and then deny it then continue with the vicious cycle

God bless you, as it appears, the same Nigerians sabotaging the government (through their fathers, uncles, brothers, aunts, sisters, and godfathers working directly in Government ministries) will still blame the government. Imagine, such funds released to be used to cushion the effect of covid during the lockdown, and the different government departments maneuvering the funds to other use.
In my years in government agency (name withheld) before i left Naija in 2013, i knew the agencies are more corrupt than the politicians. A politician comes to office to make laws and implement laws, but the ones who runs the show are the agency's management headed by directors, most of which are just waiting for allocations. Once these monies are allocated, they already know how to sabotage the government. No matter how smart you are, these people know better than you, they have been in the system for over 20 years, you are just there for 4 - 8 years max. The corruption in Nigeria is endemic, and deep-penetrating
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by SAMBARRY: 7:25am On Aug 18, 2022
djseanjohn77:

God bless you, as it appears, the same Nigerians sabotaging the government (through their fathers, uncles, brothers, aunts, sisters, and godfathers working directly in Government ministries) will still blame the government. Imagine, such funds released to be used to cushion the effect of covid during the lockdown, and the different government departments maneuvering the funds to other use.
In my years in government agency (name withheld) before i left Naija in 2013, i knew the agencies are more corrupt than the politicians. A politician comes to office to make laws and implement laws, but the ones who runs the show are the agency's management headed by directors, most of which are just waiting for allocations. Once these monies are allocated, they already know how to sabotage the government. No matter how smart you are, these people know better than you, they have been in the system for over 20 years, you are just there for 4 - 8 years max. The corruption in Nigeria is endemic, and deep-penetrating
the worst thing is that even if they're caught Red handed they don't show any remorse.politicians, public servants and even traditional leaders have a very disgusting value system that makes them believe that it's their birthright to steal and the interesting thing is that they have some very crafty ideas and intelligence not to make systems work for the good of all but for themselves.now you know the more puzzling part their enablers (the lower level Politicians, community leaders, councillors, Civil servants/Local government chairmen,some gluttonous professors and media personalities) who are closest to the people and see /know the pain,hunger and squalor the grassroot nigerians go through are the same people they use for their selfish agendas
and are The ones now bearing the brunt of the years of pillage and destruction of public institutions that they've helped them to do yet they'll still be worshipping them. Many of them are broke now and they know why yet they still allow themselves to be used and paid stipends

I am beginning to see that both the leaders and their followers are masochistic and psychopathic.its not normal and it's not a spiritual problem.its a mental disorder because it takes only a psychopath and a narcissist to steal monies meant for retirees.elderly men and women who have spent the best part of their years working for Nigerians rot and die because their pension was sqaundered by a sociopath or
see others in obvious penury and avoidable death and still steal their money (that you don't even need) .its only in Nigeria that agberos (those miscreants that do the dirty work of Politicians) will be richer than those Saving lives and moulding destinies ( Medical doctors and teachers) .

Now 2023 is around the corner,the Politicians have come with their same gimmicks yet Nigerians are still not wise.thryre falling for their tricks.na swear?

Every leader is a product of the follower and Vice versae and I sometimes feel Nigerians deserve the horror they're going through from their leaders because they're the same people enabling them and when one person is bold enough to call out the wickedness of the leaders everyone will gather to stone the person and call him names.same thing when a leader emerges and forces Nigerians to act responsibly and be accountable for any money going in and coming out from an institutions account.theyll label him over do,him own too much,he dey do like Saint,he dey do like say na only him know pass

Another thing I noticed is that if you decide to be straightforward and ethical,they will dig into your life and look for something to cast aspersions on you or weaken you and if they don't find anything to use to push you out of office the next thing is that they'll start gunning after your life.an example is Dora akinyuli (may her soul rip and may God bless her kids) I remember when she was alive she said she got so many death threats and escaped so many assassination and this is one of the reasons I believe her husband's death recently was something some key Nigerians know about because they feel he has some incriminating evidences and documents against them that might stand in their way of winning elections by virtue of the fact that his wife may have given it to him and then they now hung it on "unknown gunmen".guy Nigeria is a theatre of massive criminality being perpetuated by the ruling class and enabled by the people
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by Enyimbamercedes: 7:30am On Aug 18, 2022
Who can guess where one of the rural roads is situated?

Opposite Games Village in Abuja. While thanking them for this road, it still a wonder why the ministry of Agric would implement a road project that only leads to housing estates unless of course certain interests were considered
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by harmargedon: 7:33am On Aug 18, 2022
Xahhsy6:
Yoo!
If you don't close clients & make $ within a week, I'll send you 6k...
teach me for free, If I make ₦ within a week I'll pay you times five
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by Minjim: 7:34am On Aug 18, 2022
E gbami!
Am I hearing right?

“The Ministry only carried out bush clearing and land preparation of 3,200 hectares in eight states of Osun, Ekiti, Edo, Cross River, Kaduna, Kwara, Plateau and Ogun as allocated by state governments for N2.5billion.

Even this is ludicrous

1 Like

Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by Minjim: 7:35am On Aug 18, 2022
harmargedon:
teach me for free, If I make ₦ within a week I'll pay you times five

Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by duketerry22(m): 7:42am On Aug 18, 2022
N2.5 billion for bush clearing.. even if it's in 4 or 5 states.. oh well
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by MrFly(m): 7:47am On Aug 18, 2022
2.5billion to clear a meagre 3200 hectares of bush in 8 states? That money alone can clear all the bushes in Nigeria. Dead on arrival
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by kingamaa(m): 7:48am On Aug 18, 2022
Here we go again

Same story

Snake, monkey, rats, termites etc eating billions.

Continue

One day Na one day, thief go go market e no go return
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by Richy4(m): 7:50am On Aug 18, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Even if they cleared the whole of Sambisa forest cheesy

Ministry of Agriculture, I don't know about this but is it their responsibilities to construct roads in Nigeria be it local or state road.. Did I read that clearly?
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by whizzler: 7:51am On Aug 18, 2022
Berlindefense:
They are denying 18 billion but Atleast some billions were given for Bush clearing were they clearing evil forest? 5 to 10 million is enough money to clear any Bush

SmIles, they are talking about hundreds of hectares. Do u know how much to rent a D6 or D8 for a day? They will also require other machines like pay loaders and tippers for same operations. From outside these sums look big but if one is in it u will understand better
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by ransomed: 8:20am On Aug 18, 2022
Welcome to the world of APC where monkey, snakes and termites swallow billions and minister of Justice is okay with the animals.
Thank you.
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by poposki33: 8:29am On Aug 18, 2022
Even spending 2.5billion to clear 3200 hectre amounts to like 780k to clear 1 hectre or 316k to clear one acre

Is this how expensive it is to clear bush
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by jaytee01(m): 8:30am On Aug 18, 2022
oluseyiforjesus:
Buhari really fought corruption

Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by gulfer: 8:33am On Aug 18, 2022
So the N2.5billion quoted here is a sane amount to clear a bush abi angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry ;
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by Psoul(m): 8:35am On Aug 18, 2022
Felexityer127gv:
Really

Waising Money or
Wasting Money ?
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by ejieddy: 8:36am On Aug 18, 2022
So you cleared one plot for N71,000? How terrible in this country.
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by Berlindefense: 8:40am On Aug 18, 2022
whizzler:

SmIles, they are talking about hundreds of hectares. Do u know how much to rent a D6 or D8 for a day? They will also require other machines like pay loaders and tippers for same operations. From outside these sums look big but if one is in it u will understand better
are you justifying the fact that they are right to collect 18billion for bush clearing?
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by ShaqFu: 8:41am On Aug 18, 2022
Okay. This sound plausible though I don't believe it.
Re: Ministry Denies Spending N18.9 Billion On Bush Clearing by iswallker(m): 11:07am On Aug 18, 2022
18.9bikkion was spent during covid lockdown

That's the takeaway

Grading of rural roads smh in shame

During lockdown ooki

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Falana, Balarabe Musa Blame Obasanjo For Nigeria’s Problems / Money Corrupted Our Recent Elections – Buhari / DSS: Subversive Elements Plotting To Smear Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.