Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,268 members, 7,981,495 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 06:39 PM

2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents (38265 Views)

PDP Charges Rivers Residents To Participate In Oct 5 LG Poll / We Will Curse You If You Betray Us: Wike Tells Rivers PDP Assembly Candidates / Wike To Rivers Residents: Don’t Let IPOB Scare You With Juju; It Doesn’t Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by yusufmurry: 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
Parachoko:
Advise them to vote for Asiwaju

Asiwaju will make sure Bonny get a seaport.

A Yoruba man will never do that

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by Stanleyq: 9:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by Enkidu70: 10:09pm On Aug 18, 2022
As per say na im be their god shey...after robbing them continuously for seven solid years

Nigeria is a never-ending joke
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by eguarojeona: 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
He is not the one that will decide who the electorate should vote for. He talks too much and that is one of the major reasons Atiku refused him as running mate.
Rivers wont massively vote atiku though.Atiku wont win any southern state.
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
PlayerMeji:
No worries!

I can see Obitrains not knowing what to call him yet since they are anticipating he may later support them...

Very sly set of people!

Amala and ewedu stipend collector, why are you bleating like a goat?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by Lashist(m): 10:41pm On Aug 18, 2022
Parachoko:
smh at how foolish you are
Chill...im foolish bcus i said tinubu will get eastern votes...you must be so stupid...what's wrong with my comment, urchin?
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by PlayerMeji: 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2022
Abacha grass eater, why are you asking?
grin

ThiefnubuBandit:

Amala and ewedu stipend collector, why are you bleating like a goat?
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by oladosu59996: 10:53pm On Aug 18, 2022
Peter Obi is your next president twenty twenty tree Peter Obi is your next president twenty twenty tree ...
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by tianshie(m): 11:26pm On Aug 18, 2022
ecolime:
Dear Gov. Wike,

The Nigerian masses have made their choice already and it is Peter Obi.

We are to advise you and not the other way round.

Join the winning team if you still want to remain relevant after 2023.

Thank you

Shay na piss dey inside dat APC bottle abi wetin?
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by Okhuadams(m): 11:52pm On Aug 18, 2022
Chinonye2022:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/17/2023-i-will-tell-you-who-to-vote-for-wike-tells-rivers-people/%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwis_ISx3ND5AhX0FmIAHbxpCJIQvOMEKAB6BAgDEAE&usg=AOvVaw0nBjffZXLe7iCmliHvVj2j
Oga talku talku you no get such right
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by kabasa24: 12:05am On Aug 19, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
He is not the one that will decide who the electorate should vote for. He talks too much and that is one of the major reasons Atiku refused him as running mate.

It is better to be a talker and a dua than to keep mute and not doing anything for yaa people.
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by AntiTerrorist: 12:16am On Aug 19, 2022
Parachoko:

PFN Rejects Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says It’s CAN’s Position | Nigerian Tribune

The Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) on Thursday, in Lagos, insisted that it would not support any political party that is presenting candidates of the same religious faith for a leadership position and their deputies across levels of government in the forthcoming general elections in the country.

It says the decision is in line with the position of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), which is an umbrella body of all Christians in the country.

Addressing newsmen shortly after its NEC meeting in Lagos, the National Secretary of PFN, Bishop Cosmos Ilechukwu said even though the group had no particular candidate nor party in focus as it is not a partisan organisation, any political party with candidates of the same faith ticket, be it Christian-Christian or Muslim-Muslim at all levels would not be supported.

He said NEC discussed this issue at the meeting just like many other issues of concern to the generality of Nigerians including the church such as the rising cases of terrorism, kidnapping, banditry and other criminalities which he said had further worsened the situation of the country before coming with the position.

PFN scribe said the church was very concerned about the state of the country and would continue to uphold the country and the leadership in prayer.

He said even in the face of the unprecedented level of disunity currently experienced in the country, some political parties and politicians could disregard the fragility of this time and rather take decisions that would further polarise the country.

He said a particular reference was that despite the group’s advice to all the political parties that a same faith ticket, be it Christian-Christian or Muslim-Muslim, would not augur well for the unity and future of Nigeria, some political parties chose to ignore that counsel.

“So, PFN now reaffirms its position that the same faith ticket can, in no way, be justified, as it is not in the interest of Nigeria, as it further jeopardises the prospects of peaceful co-existence and building of a united nation.

“PFN is non a partisan group. It has never endorsed any candidate nor a political party for any position in any general election in the country.

“And we shall remain to be non- partisan also in the 2023 general election.

“However, as we shall continue to encourage our members to fully participate in the 2023 general election as we had been doing. We will encourage them to vote in line with what is best for the country and also for the church at all levels.

“This is based on the framework prepared by CAN which is our umbrella body as our guide.

“So, PFN will continue to engage and collaborate with like-minded organisations and individuals to ensure that the 2023 general elections deliver to Nigerians and the Nigeria a ticket that will further unite the country in line with the general expectations and prayers of the good people of Nigeria.”

Bishop Cosmos, however, added that as a group, PFN would continue to be open and broad-minded and leave the door of engagement with all political parties open, so that all the issues that are holding back the development and unity of the country can be comprehensively addressed.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/again-pfn-rejects-muslim-muslim-ticket-says-its-cans-position/
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by Remiel: 4:02am On Aug 19, 2022
Chinonye2022:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/17/2023-i-will-tell-you-who-to-vote-for-wike-tells-rivers-people/%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwis_ISx3ND5AhX0FmIAHbxpCJIQvOMEKAB6BAgDEAE&usg=AOvVaw0nBjffZXLe7iCmliHvVj2j

And his own Agenda is to doing everything in
Obio/Akpor and leave the rest of the LGA undeveloped. Shut da fvck up you mother fvcker,you are in no position tell others what to do, go and do that nonsense with Obio/Akpor people you mannerless tout. Clowns everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by Parachoko: 5:45am On Aug 19, 2022
AntiTerrorist:
PFN Rejects Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says It’s CAN’s Position | Nigerian Tribune

The Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) on Thursday, in Lagos, insisted that it would not support any political party that is presenting candidates of the same religious faith for a leadership position and their deputies across levels of government in the forthcoming general elections in the country.

It says the decision is in line with the position of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), which is an umbrella body of all Christians in the country.

Addressing newsmen shortly after its NEC meeting in Lagos, the National Secretary of PFN, Bishop Cosmos Ilechukwu said even though the group had no particular candidate nor party in focus as it is not a partisan organisation, any political party with candidates of the same faith ticket, be it Christian-Christian or Muslim-Muslim at all levels would not be supported.

He said NEC discussed this issue at the meeting just like many other issues of concern to the generality of Nigerians including the church such as the rising cases of terrorism, kidnapping, banditry and other criminalities which he said had further worsened the situation of the country before coming with the position.

PFN scribe said the church was very concerned about the state of the country and would continue to uphold the country and the leadership in prayer.

He said even in the face of the unprecedented level of disunity currently experienced in the country, some political parties and politicians could disregard the fragility of this time and rather take decisions that would further polarise the country.

He said a particular reference was that despite the group’s advice to all the political parties that a same faith ticket, be it Christian-Christian or Muslim-Muslim, would not augur well for the unity and future of Nigeria, some political parties chose to ignore that counsel.

“So, PFN now reaffirms its position that the same faith ticket can, in no way, be justified, as it is not in the interest of Nigeria, as it further jeopardises the prospects of peaceful co-existence and building of a united nation.

“PFN is non a partisan group. It has never endorsed any candidate nor a political party for any position in any general election in the country.

“And we shall remain to be non- partisan also in the 2023 general election.

“However, as we shall continue to encourage our members to fully participate in the 2023 general election as we had been doing. We will encourage them to vote in line with what is best for the country and also for the church at all levels.

“This is based on the framework prepared by CAN which is our umbrella body as our guide.

“So, PFN will continue to engage and collaborate with like-minded organisations and individuals to ensure that the 2023 general elections deliver to Nigerians and the Nigeria a ticket that will further unite the country in line with the general expectations and prayers of the good people of Nigeria.”

Bishop Cosmos, however, added that as a group, PFN would continue to be open and broad-minded and leave the door of engagement with all political parties open, so that all the issues that are holding back the development and unity of the country can be comprehensively addressed.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/again-pfn-rejects-muslim-muslim-ticket-says-its-cans-position/
The unknown group have the right to their opinion.

Show me this same group statement when Deborah was killed in Sokoto
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by Heterodox(m): 5:48am On Aug 19, 2022
People can't read again.

Wike can't tell them who to vote for, but your influencers can? grin grin grin

Ori gbogbo yin ti buru
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by magictonic(m): 6:04am On Aug 19, 2022
I live in Obio-Akpor, Rivers State. I will vote for Peter Obi.
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by omoranmilowo: 7:27am On Aug 19, 2022
Are you the owner of River State? That's how you so called leaders misleading your people because of your selfish interest .
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by oyeraff: 7:39am On Aug 19, 2022
How Christian Christian take win governorship for Rivers state
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by vickyfrancis1(m): 8:22am On Aug 19, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Wow! That is rich. In a free and fair election, every vote counts. Donald Trump failed to reach out to the senior black women and that did the do on him. He lost. Electiois not about entitlement or pride. Odinga in Kenya lost cos the Kikuyus mobbed against him.

Wike hae NOTHING to lose in this election. He can inject his coke or sniff it. In any battle, fear the dude who has nothing to lose. Atiku has ALL to gain from this man. Pride and arrogance isn't good politics. Why can't Atiku make a stop by him in Rivers and squash this like a man.

Furthering from that, the steady thing Nigeria exports right now is talent. Nigerians are leaving en masse. Many fools say, "let them go". But, fact is, the doctor who will operate on you left yesterday. The chances of your survival just dropped. The group of nurses and midwives to assist your wives during childbirth are no more. The teachers who would have taught your children are now pampered in Europe.

I visited a highly rated school in Abuja yesterday and I cried for the future. From the owner of the school to the teachers, I cannot explain the impending tragedy in words. The time to pray for Nigeria has expired. Now, is time to run from Nigeria.

What is the essence of ASUU? An association whose top members are not popular by their names. Who is this ASUU and who are the members representing them? Can we have access to them? Funny enough the lecturers in Nigerian institutions do not know the people representing them? They simply know ASUU.

Children of the poor age at home and the mediocrity of this certificate should be shouted from the roof top.

Tinubu does not know where his commode is. The weight of the duvet his family puts on him is dragging his life down. A sick old man who has spent the last 3 years in the hospital. He cannot achieve anything with the long list of friends and loyalists surrounding him. His BOTS are here sounding off on i3 laptops manufactured in 2008. This election is not about my tribe. The country is sinking

I have gone about this country and seen that hope is an elusive reality. I can't believe that a graduate with 3 kids earns 35k naira. This is outrageous. The air in this country is toxic. The roads are death traps. Humans live in cages with high walls like prisons.

The fact that the country has been in darkness since your father born is thought-provoking.

Nigeria is unfixable. That is a fact. Each state should become sovereign to avert wars. I cry for the poor in this country.

Words filled with wisdom... reading this is an eye opener and also thought provoking though I was listening to Linkin Park's New Divide song with an ear piece and it got me so emotional....this country is gone....the elites messed this country up...that's why I'm somehow angry at my parents generation...they failed us by electing failures upon failures. Let's do it for the future kids.

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by tishbite42: 9:35am On Aug 19, 2022
Parachoko:

You dey talk to mumu
Seaport for Bonny so that Lag go dey irrelevant abi
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by Augustenite(m): 9:39am On Aug 19, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:

Yes you are right.

But he can determine who come out to vote.
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by Sixfiguresmart(m): 2:35pm On Aug 19, 2022
johntolu:

I totally agree with you, that Nigeria, as presently constituded, is beyond redemption.
A 'thousand Atikus' and a 'million Tinubus can not fix the rot and decadence in the country.
Your advice @ the bolded, is also not workable because some of the states are glorified 'area development council' that cannot survive without monthly allocation from Abuja.

Regionalism built along the current 6 geo-political zones, is the way to go, for any meaningful development, in Nigeria.

Any PDP cum APC arrangement currently being championed by political gladiators, in the two parties, is an exercise in futility and it will still lead to more woes and hopelessness, for an average Nigerian.

Remember to bookmark this comment for reference during the 2027 and 2031 elections God sparing our lives.
The bolded cracked me up haha.

It is a sad reality
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by drealcivilceno(m): 3:38pm On Aug 19, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
How do you solve a problem like Nigeria? You can't

You can and you should, even isrealites found out the hard way!

This things are there to remind you there is hope!

No politician, even Peter Obi, cannot solve this problem.

Na the masses go solve am, they should request power back from these few individuals!
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by Zandena(f): 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2022
This man has taken Rivers people for a ride and zombies!
You will tell them who you will vote for or who they will want to vote for? In a democracy such has no space at all.
This guy does not know post-power trauma. Five hours after handing over on may 29 2023 it will dawn on you that many were governors before you and are now relegated to the back seat! Hence let wike soft pedal with all his master-servant attitude towards the people.
People should be allowed to vote their candidates of choice!
Re: 2023: I Will Tell You Who To Vote For – Wike Tells Rivers Residents by Sixfiguresmart(m): 9:16am On Aug 20, 2022
drealcivilceno:

You can and you should, even isrealites found out the hard way!
Bro, give me your Poa on how to solve Nigeria as a problem. It is a special case. I can easily devise how to solve the problems in Sri Lanka, but Nigeria has no precedent. The Israelites you are referencing were not a nation but were MADE a nation. There was an existing law that was constantly monitored. Nigeria is a catastrophe from the word go.
drealcivilceno:

This things are there to remind you there is hope!
What are they?
drealcivilceno:

No politician, even Peter Obi, cannot solve this problem.
There is dissonance in this comment. Can you rephrase it?
drealcivilceno:

Na the masses go solve am, they should request power back from these few individuals!
That is the jumble that I was trying to explain initially. Laughable how you chose the word "request" in you comment. Nigeria as an entity does not have that word in her dictionary. Look the meaning up and think about Nigeria and the normalized mentality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo: I Was In Prison, Tinubu Gave My Wife A House, Paid My Kids' Fees / PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Replaces Of Dilapidated Pedestrian Bridge At Fadeyi / Police Invite Ondo Leaders To Abuja Over Alleged Killing Of Cow, Community Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.