Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,134 members, 7,890,821 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:16 PM

Marriage Contract: Verbal Or Written? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Marriage Contract: Verbal Or Written? (5823 Views)

Types Of Conditions In The Marriage Contract / To Whom Are The Deeds Of A Child Written? – Shaykh Ibn Baaz / "The Name Of Allah Written On The Ground By Ants" - Man Praises God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Contract: Verbal Or Written? by Lukgaf(m): 6:30am On Aug 19, 2022
Can the marriage contract be a verbal contract or must it be in writing ?

Praise be to Allah.

Writing down the contracts and agreements that people make among themselves is a way of confirming and formalizing them, but it is not a condition for the validity of the contract. The marriage contract may be made verbally by means of an offer on the part of the bride’s wali or guardian (e.g. “I marry my daughter to you”) and acceptance on the part of the groom (e.g. “I accept”). Writing it down is not a condition, but it does serve to document and confirm the contract, which is a good thing, especially nowadays. And Allaah is the source of help.

https://islamqa.info/en/categories/very-important/1/answers/364/marriage-contract-verbal-or-written

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Contract: Verbal Or Written? by cRobo: 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2022

Re: Marriage Contract: Verbal Or Written? by PUSSYHOE(m): 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2022
Mtcheeeeech
Re: Marriage Contract: Verbal Or Written? by reccy(m): 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2022
Mashallah..... I prefer written sha...

Allah knows best
Re: Marriage Contract: Verbal Or Written? by chaloskyx: 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2022
based on Ekweremadus kidney buhaha verbal or written contract which is better
Re: Marriage Contract: Verbal Or Written? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2022
Lukgaf:
Can the marriage contract be a verbal contract or must it be in writing ?

https://islamqa.info/en/categories/very-important/1/answers/364/marriage-contract-verbal-or-written
Masha Allah
Re: Marriage Contract: Verbal Or Written? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 5:39pm On Aug 19, 2022
In whatever you do, don't Just marry a WHORÈ. É get why...

A girl or woman with more than 2 bodycount is a WHORÈ!

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Did Allah Know What Will Happen To The People Of Sodom And Gomorrah? / Praying Before The Time Of Prayer / Can We Recant A Vow Or Oath?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.