Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,563 members, 7,929,803 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:37 PM

U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) (13928 Views)

Poll: Who will win?

Nigeria: 93% (78 votes)
Saudi Arabia: 2% (2 votes)
A draw: 3% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm / U20 WC : Nigeria Vs Croatia (5 - 2) On Thursday 4th August @ 2am Nig Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by gbengress1: 7:16am On Aug 06, 2011
With both sides already assured
of qualifying from Group D of the
FIFA U-20 World Cup Colombia
2011, Saturday’s clash between
Saudi Arabia and Nigeria in the
city of Pereira will decide which of
these teams will top the section,
after both recorded impressive
victories over Croatia and
Guatemala.
The match
Saudi Arabia-Nigeria, 6 August,
20.00 (local time), Pereira
The stakes
As if to prove their 5-0 demolition
of Guatemala was no accident,
Nigeria crashed another five past
a hapless Croatia on Wednesday,
albeit with Flying Eagles
goalkeeper Dami Paul being
beaten twice along the way. The
African side go into their contest
with Saudi Arabia needing a draw
to maintain first place in Group D,
which would see them play their
Round of 16 tie in Armenia.
For his part, Saudi Arabia coach
Khalid Al Koroni is also keen to go
back to Armenia, the scene of his
side’s opening two triumphs. “The
team likes Armenia,” he said.
“We’re used to it!” To get there,
though, the youngsters from the
Gulf Kingdom will need to do
better than during their last
meeting with Nigeria – a draw in
an international friendly on 13
March last year.
In what is sure to be a thrilling
encounter, all eyes will be on
Saudi goalkeeper Abdullah Al Sdairi
and his stalwart back line. Their
defence is yet to concede a goal
in the group stage but now come
up against a rampant Nigeria
attack, spearheaded by the
gifted Ahmed Musa with able
support from Olarenwaju Kayode
and Uche Nwofor.
The stat
1 – The number of times the two
sides have met at the FIFA U-20
World Cup. The previous meeting
came at the 1989 edition in Saudi
Arabia, when the Nigerians won
2-1 en route to a runners-up
spot.
The words
Khalid Al Koroni, Saudi Arabia
coach: “We’re going to try to win
this match and the group,
although it’s not going to be easy
as Nigeria are a strong side. We
faced them in a friendly not long
ago and they were well-organised
and tough to beat.”
Ahmed Musa, Nigeria forward: “We
have to win against Saudi to
merit top spot in Group D and
that’s what we’re focused on at
the moment. Morale is high in the
squad and I believe things will go
well.”
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by gbengress1: 7:17am On Aug 06, 2011
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by hollandis(f): 7:34am On Aug 06, 2011
Whoever wins the match or group will avoid a meeting with brazil,but will book a second round berth with england.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by semid4lyfe(m): 7:36am On Aug 06, 2011
Hope Nigeria wins and tops the groups with the maximum points

Meanwhile, the OP should add a poll to the thread wink [size=4pt]Would have done so but modification of a thread (as in adding a poll) is locked to everyone else except the OP, S. Moderator and the Admin[/size]

Stickys thread and moves on. . . . . .
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by enomakos(m): 8:16am On Aug 06, 2011
we will win
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Ezebinaugwu(m): 8:31am On Aug 06, 2011
Pls guys which nigerian station will televies the match coz i real want 2 watch those boyz play
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Ezebinaugwu(m): 8:40am On Aug 06, 2011
Pls guyz which nigerian station will show the match coz i really wantz to watch our boyz play
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Fadajasi(m): 8:57am On Aug 06, 2011
ait
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by 1025: 9:53am On Aug 06, 2011
STV also show the game. the last time i suffered myself to stay awake and watch the game and i never regret i did. it was worth watching.
i will do same today by God's grace.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by gbengress1: 10:26am On Aug 06, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Hope Nigeria wins and tops the groups with the maximum points

Meanwhile, the OP should add a poll to the thread wink [size=4pt]Would have done so but modification of a thread (as in adding a poll) is locked to everyone else except the OP, S. Moderator and the Admin[/size]

Stickys thread and moves on. . . . . .

thanks
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by infofta(m): 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2011
Nta, Ait will broadcast the match live @ 2AM
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by mithel(m): 1:09pm On Aug 06, 2011
dis timing sef,church dey on sunday na.anyway i go watch am,its nt as if i dont 'sleepdoze' thru church service. wink
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2011
wont d poor Saudi guyz b fasting? undecided
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Seun(m): 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2011
Hail_Naija:

wont d poor Saudi guyz b fasting? undecided

Hehehe.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by justwise(m): 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2011
I really pray that Nigeria win this match and face !England! I can't wait!!!
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by femi4: 1:22pm On Aug 06, 2011
I watched the team played Croatia on early hours of Thursday and my eyes were heavy with sleep that I could not go to work that day. I hope after this match I will be able to keep myself awake in church.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Jarus(m): 1:24pm On Aug 06, 2011
I want our boys to meet England in next round.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by honeric01(m): 1:28pm On Aug 06, 2011
We are going to be winning with at least 2 goals margin.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by honeric01(m): 1:31pm On Aug 06, 2011
Jarus:

I want our boys to meet England in next round.

Hope you know the English team are the tallest in this tournament and we have no answers to defending set-pieces?
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by justwise(m): 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2011
honeric01:

Hope you know the English team are the tallest in this tournament and we have no answers to defending set-pieces?

England hasn't won a single match so far even with their height.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by femi4: 1:49pm On Aug 06, 2011
justwise:

England hasn't won a single match so far even with their height.
perhaps their strikers have been meeting tall defenders and that height might come has an advantage against our defense (whether short or tall, they just lack sense of urgency when it comes to defending set pieces)
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by semid4lyfe(m): 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2011
Seriously, I want us to meet England cool

Nothing pleases me more than Nigeria defeating Ghana, Cameroun, South Africa and England in a game of soccer. . .in that order.

Super Eagles should also take a hint wink
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2011
femi4:

perhaps their strikers have been meeting tall defenders and that height might come has an advantage against our defense (whether short or tall, they just lack sense of urgency when it comes to defending set pieces)

How tall are Korean players?
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by valicious1(m): 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2011
its gonna b da BOMB.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by doctorT(m): 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Nothing pleases me more than Nigeria defeating Ghana, Cameroun, South Africa and England in a game of soccer. . .in that order.

I want us to also meet England, I prefer them to brazil,
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by IFELEKE(m): 2:41pm On Aug 06, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Gbam!. . .These boys are simple awesome,i saw the matches at the risk of getting queried @work due to lateness&never regretted it. . .I hope our average eagles take a cue.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Emmysteve(m): 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2011
We are wining this match with alteast 5goals.

Who is that person the voted saudi arabia?
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by daniellle(f): 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2011
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Saheed9: 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2011
Ahmed musa show ur class again
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Abayomin70(m): 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2011
nigeria go win  sure tin
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by meexteriox(m): 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2011
We really need to win this match. I hope they take this match as serious as others.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by keside(m): 3:21pm On Aug 06, 2011
pls any online link to watch the match?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step / Wike Splashes Cash Gift On Rivers United FC Players And Coach / Super Eagles Captain Mikel Obi Rules Out Retirement From National Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.