Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,573 members, 7,929,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 01:13 AM

U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) (13929 Views)

Poll: Who will win?

Nigeria: 93% (78 votes)
Saudi Arabia: 2% (2 votes)
A draw: 3% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm / U20 WC : Nigeria Vs Croatia (5 - 2) On Thursday 4th August @ 2am Nig Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Myself2(m): 9:21am On Aug 07, 2011
Congratulations to Guatemala also,who would've thought they'd beat Croatia to make it to the knock out stage,having conceded the most goals in the first two games of the tournamament,now qualifying at the expense of Croatia,no wonder the yanks say"IT AINT OVER TILL IT'S OVER" cheesy cheesy
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by amy21: 10:37am On Aug 07, 2011
Nice
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by mgzee(m): 10:57am On Aug 07, 2011
the boy are great no dout about it.go fly boyz!!
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Jarus(m): 11:34am On Aug 07, 2011
Whoever asks why Uche deserved a starting spot in the match has not been following this team. One-match analyst, I'll call him.

He was highest goal scorer in African edition of this competition a couple of months ago. He is also currentlly one of the highest goal scorers in Naija domestic league. So he has worked his way to call-up.

Probably he didnt do well in traininh or other strikers outdid hm, he lost starting shirt, and couldnt start first 2 games. He came off bench to score 2 Yekiniesque goals last match. That has genuinely earned him a starting trial in next match, especially as the team had already qualified. Unfortunately, he didnt live up to expectation, and has worked his way back to bench against England.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by musaRilwa: 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2011
keep moving more power to your elbow. It is a good one.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 07, 2011
The Nigerian team played very well in this game,in fact the boys have had a good tournament so far,however I still harbour doubts about our defence,while the goalkeeper Paul,looks very suspect at corner kicks.
I hope we can go all the way and win this tournament,however i believe the real test begins when we come up against teams like Brazil,Argentina,and hosts Colombia.
Here is keeping fingers crossed that we will KO England in normal time,because Penalties can be the bane of the best of teams,and England do have a very BIG lad in their goalpost!
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by folahann(m): 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2011
Funny how U-20 world cup doesn't reflect what happens in the main world cup, the two touneys are of great differences.

Only 3 european teams make to round of 16, but 4 could make it to semi-final of senior world cup.
3 out of 4 African nations make it to next stage; something that has never happened at the main world cup.
U-17 is even the worst, Nigeria- 3time champions, Ghana 2
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by phraze(m): 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2011
yeah we did it, better. We proceed
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by mkpologwu(m): 2:06pm On Aug 07, 2011
Did Osaze score?
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2011
Congrats to the Lads on their triumph but i will like to advice the Gaffer Obuh ON some areas!!

Dubious and Untimely Tackles

High rate of losing the Ball

In-concentration on the Part of the Goalkeeper [Paul is always Playing On the ball]  angry

And Finally the attack needs to be defined more clearly, i would like to see a glimpse of what i saw against Croatia on our next game!! wink

Hala [size=28pt]U-20!![/size] cheesy
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Gayigaskia(m): 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2011
El Guapo:

Congrats to the Lads on their triumph but i will like to advice the Gaffer Obuh ON some areas!!

Dubious and Untimely Tackles

High rate of losing the Ball

In-concentration on the Part of the Goalkeeper [Paul is always Playing On the ball]  angry

And Finally the attack needs to be defined more clearly, i would like to see a glimpse of what i saw against Croatia on our next game!! wink

Hala [size=28pt]U-20!![/size] cheesy

You forgot to mention the wasteful set pieces they take; you can tell they don't practice enough taking corners and free kicks.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Jarus(m): 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2011
I also still have fears about our defence/goal keeper too.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by bong4(m): 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2011
Wll i will say a big well done to the team but i must saliently point out one fact to the coaching crew. This team was the best at the u 17 level in Nigeria but painfully could not win the tournament. Sani Emmanuel was always coming in from the bench and when he comes in, he makes great impact and even scores (just like what Kanu Nwankwo does for Super Eagles). But on the final against Switzerland he started the match and could not perform. The same thing is happening now with Nwafor and i hope the coaching crew has identified that he is better coming from the bench rather than starting the match. I wish them the best and to me even if they do not win the competition, This team is a good example of hardwork, discipline, talent and dedication. U-23 Olympic Eagles TAKE NOTE!!!!
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2011
Gayigaskia:

You forgot to mention the wasteful set pieces they take; you can tell they don't practice enough taking corners and free kicks.

Yeah ryt! cheesy
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by SuperT(m): 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2011
That Cup is Coming to Nigeria.

Thank You Jesus.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 07, 2011
^^ I love ya Faith! cheesy
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by POTUT(m): 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2011
The Nigerian Embassy in Colombia has just granted the CUP's Visa Application to come to Nigeria. Two years multiple entry!!!
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by infofta(m): 8:11pm On Aug 07, 2011
The real test will be against Brazil, Spain, Mexico or Argentina.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by kobikwelu(m): 3:31am On Aug 08, 2011
as usual with over aged players,
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by youngbest(m): 10:26am On Aug 08, 2011
I checked fifa website and the road to the final for our U-20 is not very rough, we avoid spain, brazil and argentina but we might meet Cameroon and France, England wasnt very fab but i just hope we dont get complacent and we really do our homework so as to kill off the game early and avoid unneccesary pressure or pk's.
Naija all the way,

Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by Eagle75: 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2011
youngbest:

I checked fifa website and the road to the final for our U-20 is not very rough, we avoid spain, brazil and argentina but we might meet Cameroon and France, England wasnt very fab but i just hope we dont get complacent and we really do our homework so as to kill off the game early and avoid unneccesary pressure or pk's.
Naija all the way,

From what I saw there I think we may meet brazil in the Q. final & Argentina in the semis as for cameroon nay till finals.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) by jobforme2: 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2011
thank god

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step / Wike Splashes Cash Gift On Rivers United FC Players And Coach / Super Eagles Captain Mikel Obi Rules Out Retirement From National Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.