Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,944 members, 7,966,494 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 03:43 PM

When Can You Say A Man Is Rich? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Can You Say A Man Is Rich? (350 Views)

When We Say A Toilet Cleaner Abroad Is Better Than Bank Manager In Nigeria / What Would You Say Is The Average Salary Of Graduates In Nigeria? / What Happens When A Man Is Broke - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Can You Say A Man Is Rich? by Indoctrinated: 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2022
So some weeks back I went to do a job for a client and found out he lives in his own duplex in Victoria Garden City, Lekki, Lagos State. He bought the property about a year ago. For those who do not live in Lagos or know much about Lagos, VGC is a highbrow residential estate in Lagos and the cheapest land you can get there is about N102,000,000 (one hundred and two million naira) per plot. Some plots in VGC go for as high as N750,000,000 or even 1 billion.

When I got back to the office, I was gisting with a senior colleague about it and I told him about the client and that I didn't realize the client was so rich that he could afford to buy a house in VGC. I was shocked by my colleague's response. He said the man is not rich but just "okay". I disagreed and told him a man who can afford a duplex in VGC cannot be described as just okay and that it is people like us (my colleague and I) that are just okay.

So my question is, what is your yardstick for saying a man is rich? My senior colleague in the office earns about N26,000,000 per annum. He is at management level though not top management and according to him he himself cannot be described as "okay". Please let me hear your views.

1 Like

Re: When Can You Say A Man Is Rich? by VeryWickedMan: 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2022
When he becomes our member

Re: When Can You Say A Man Is Rich? by chinnyonwu(m): 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2022
Its about 2 things = cashflow + net worth.
As at today 2022, and for a Nigerian, i wil say 100m net worth then cash flow that covers the person's expenses.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn A Minimum Of $100 Per Week On Amazon, This Is Not KDP AMAZON. / How To Invest Money Online? / Side Hustle Resumes Week 2 Of Its All-inclusive Tech Internship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.