Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,400 members, 7,881,456 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:05 PM

Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves (33358 Views)

Govt Must Act Fast To Stop Investors From Leaving In Droves — Dangote / CBN Sells Over $300m To Banks As Naira Gains / Oil Companies Resume Dollar Sales To Banks As CBN Eyes Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2022
Bizibi:
not only you guys even other heads in other units are resigning.
The painful truth is that devaluation of currency has rendered salaries across private & public sectors useless

Spirit of enterprise & productivity appears to have been destroyed by this regime.

Refusal or reluctance of govt to upward review salaries inline with current economic realities has compounded the situation

1 Like

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by darediamond(m): 11:10pm On Aug 23, 2022
ijustdey:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/brain-drain-hits-nigerian-banks-as-tech-experts-others-resign-in-droves/
Yes, this is good!!

More loopholes to explore legally will be more available like funding a Dom account with local currency.

Who as time for slow motion jobs like leaving Nigeria for meager greener pasture or doing Mortar and Brick jobs when YOU CAN SIMPLY LOCK INTO THE FOREX SYSTEM OF THE COUNTRY YOU ARE IN OR TRAVEL TO AND KEEP GETTING A SHARE OF THE OIL REVENUES NIGERIA Or Location 9 always get?
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by fishnburger: 11:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
you are coming from a totally different perspective. Is it only IT guys in banks that are leaving? What of healthcare guys, other professionals? are they fraudsters too?
i say again, don't mislead people with these skewed perspective f yours.
speak for yourself.
your choice to stay is your choice. don't dish out 'misleading' info.
FreeStuffsNG:
Is it really brain drain? undecided
It is more of a sweeping purge of fraudulent IT staffers after persistent complaints of Nigerians and NDIC frustration that banks are too scared to report these fraudulent staff to regulators.

Most of them committed the fraud and japa but they are deceiving themselves; they will still be caught eventually. Karma does not rest wink

The brighter side is that our bank I.T related frauds may now go down. Just few days ago, I read an official notice that Access Bank just brought in an I.T guru as their Executive Director for that segment to keep most of these fraudulent ex-staff away from deposits of innocent Nigerians.

Nigerian Banks are now very conservative in that area and extra careful before hiring IT guys. They may soon be outsourcing it like cash in transit service that comes with insurance or go for foreigners head hunted by reputable global HR coys.

If you are a Nigerian who is upright, smart and patriotic, well known in the industry as smart, honest and faithfully competent, right now, even if they fire you one day, they will come back and beg you to come back; your kind are scarce now and in high demand!

Below is a report by BusinessDay:

According to the NIBSS, fraud-related transactions reportedly cost Nigerian banks on average N14 billion in losses annually. These figures, some within the banking sector, believe are understated.

The Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) in 2018 sought to investigate some banks for the inadequate rendition of returns to the Corporation on instances of fraud, forgeries, and cases involving members of their staff who were either dismissed or had their appointments terminated on grounds of fraudulent activities. The NDIC made the decision in the light of the report from its Off-Site Supervision of the banks, which revealed the number of fraud cases attributed to internal abuse by staff of banks increased from 231 in 2016, to 320 in 2017, or 38.53 percent above the figure reported for the previous year.

Today, e-banking frauds have developed into a mega industry where cyber criminals deploy sophisticated tools to steal information and scam account holders. The list of bank frauds perpetrated online is endless.

https://businessday.ng/exclusives/article/inside-story-of-electronic-bank-fraud-in-nigeria/
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by tafat: 3:03am On Aug 24, 2022
A lot of wrongs is happening in Nigeria
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by batb: 4:47am On Aug 24, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Nigerian economy is in a complete mess. If care isn't taken, everything could collapse before December. Last night, I dreamt of some scary scenes and I don't joke with it cos it always comes to pass I saw a particular tribe breakaway from Nigeria with jubilation. They were returning from abroad and began investing heavily in the new country.

No war, the split was peaceful.

This is so scary. Airlines are threatening to stop coming to Nigeria cos fed govt doesn't have dollars to pay them to be repatriated home. Where are the dollars? This is really scary.
So, your own singular dream will put all of us in misery? You must be a dullard or a joker or both!
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Dikaveli(m): 7:14am On Aug 24, 2022
Onyenna:

Web dev is good..... Try and learn Python programming too..... It’ll take you places.....

Wow my teacher sent me python kits and notes how will that help me go far without the certh ..

I managed to help myself on that web dev beside i lost my job since may on the cause
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Onyenna(m): 8:47am On Aug 24, 2022
Dikaveli:

Wow my teacher sent me python kits and notes how will that help me go far without the certh ..

I managed to help myself on that web dev beside i lost my job since may on the cause

Try and improve your python skills with the materials you have. YouTube will aid you as well ..... Then go for online Cert course....

Python is too vast... AI, Data science etc..... Learn as much as you can.... Trust me....
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Dikaveli(m): 9:40am On Aug 24, 2022
Onyenna:

Try and improve your python skills with the materials you have. YouTube will aid you as well ..... Then go for online Cert course....

Python is too vast... AI, Data science etc..... Learn as much as you can.... Trust me....

But in my web dev

We are covered html, css
Now in JavaScript

After then we proceed to sql and php are those ones not good to get nice jobs ?

Baba beside na olevel i get ooo will that be a barrier?
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Onyenna(m): 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
Dikaveli:

But in my web dev

We are covered html, css
Now in JavaScript

After then we proceed to sql and php are those ones not good to get nice jobs ?

Baba beside na olevel i get ooo will that be a barrier?

Wow..... Those languages you mentioned are great.... They’ll surely help you land good jobs....

NB: O-Level can never be a barrier..... Try and get Certifications in those languages. It’s an added advantage( especially when you’re applying for foreign jobs)

1 Like

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Dikaveli(m): 5:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
Onyenna:

Wow..... Those languages you mentioned are great.... They’ll surely help you land good jobs....

NB: O-Level can never be a barrier..... Try and get Certifications in those languages. It’s an added advantage( especially when you’re applying for foreign jobs)

Thanks nwanne mmadu

1 Like

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Onyenna(m): 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2022
Dikaveli:

Thanks nwanne mmadu

You’re welcome..... Jisie ike...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Stanbic IBTC Bank To Operate Skeletal Services / Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement / ‘this Is Why The Naira Fell Despite CBN Intervention’ – ABCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.