Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,172 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:56 PM

Rivers Government Denies Structural Failure Of Flyover - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Government Denies Structural Failure Of Flyover (489 Views)

Rivers Government Begins Demolition Of Assembly Complex (Photos) / Wike Invites Peter Obi For Commissioning Of Flyover In Rivers State (Photo) / EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Egypt, Nigerian Government Denies Involvement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Government Denies Structural Failure Of Flyover by Captainsure(m): 2:00am On Aug 24, 2022
Rivers government denies structural failure of Rumukrushi flyover
By Ann Godwin, PortHarcourt

The Rivers State Government has denied viral reports of structural failure on one of its flyover bridges at Rumukrushi (Tank) in Obio-Akpor Local Council of the state.

On Saturday night at about 7:00 pm, videos and photographs of the alleged collapse of a section of the flyover, the 10th bridge being constructed by Governor Nyesom Wike led -administration went viral.

However, checks by The Guardian showed that an excavator horizontally collided with a launched beam while trying to pull out a tipper that got trapped.

The project is being handled by Julius Berger PLC and the management of the firm is said to have been notified.
Reacting yesterday, Special Assistant (Media & Documentation) to the Commissioner for Works, Rivers State, Dornubari Kiinee, said what happened was not an issue of structural failure, but was entirely an accident caused by some careless heavy equipment operators.

He described an earlier report on the incident as misleading.

He said: “Routine construction works were going on at the site when an excavator horizontally collided with an already launched beam while trying to assist a tipper that got stuck. The beam moved out of place and made an impact on other beams. This caused damage to the beams on that row.

“The erroneous narrative being propagated by mischief-makers is with the sole aim of causing unnecessary panic amongst unsuspecting members of the public.

“The good people of Rivers State should disregard it in its entirety because there is no cause for alarm whatsoever. The structural integrity of the 10th flyover is not in dispute in any way. What happened was an avoidable incident caused by two careless equipment operators.

“To the glory of God, there was no casualty. The management of Julius Berger has been swiftly notified. The damaged beams will be removed and new ones will be relaunched. There is no need for panic as the situation is fully under control.”
Re: Rivers Government Denies Structural Failure Of Flyover by Tunjitos: 2:19am On Aug 24, 2022
Before nko
Re: Rivers Government Denies Structural Failure Of Flyover by yerokunphilips: 2:36am On Aug 24, 2022
Tunjitos:
Before nko
Re: Rivers Government Denies Structural Failure Of Flyover by Tranquill: 3:38am On Aug 24, 2022
I knew it was those ipigs and hateful clowns that were propagating and spreading that falsehood.

As e dey sweet us, e dey pain dem!
Re: Rivers Government Denies Structural Failure Of Flyover by aylive02(m): 3:40am On Aug 24, 2022
grin

Them go admit am next week
Re: Rivers Government Denies Structural Failure Of Flyover by Akacollins7: 5:03am On Aug 24, 2022
I knew it was lie before
Re: Rivers Government Denies Structural Failure Of Flyover by Zionmdde: 7:19am On Aug 24, 2022
I went to see things myself, the flyover never collapsed, what was stated here was what actually happened. Just that bloggers must huzzle
Re: Rivers Government Denies Structural Failure Of Flyover by Zionmdde: 7:20am On Aug 24, 2022
I went to see things myself, the flyover never collapsed, what was stated here was what actually happened. Just that bloggers must huzzle

But Wike, dat didn't finish that flyover, open up that road before planning to close location and rumuokwuta junction is pure wickedness
Re: Rivers Government Denies Structural Failure Of Flyover by Channel54: 7:28am On Aug 24, 2022
How can there be structural collapse for flyover that is still under construction? Nawa oh!

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Put Confusion On Those Working Against Me -wike Release New Songs / Watch Channels TV Now APC Tackling APC Over Tinubu Legacy / Up To 70% Of The People With Atiku & Tinubu Are Obiedient At Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.