Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,349 members, 7,884,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 03:24 PM

My Experience With Aero! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience With Aero! (1238 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Aero Flight Fire Alarm As Panic Passengers On Board Try To Disembark / Aero Slashes Fares To N9,999k, To Run May 13th – 31st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Aero! by pek(m): 5:15am On Aug 08, 2011
Dear All, I write this here not knowing if it is the right section to post. But the moderators have the choice of posting it to the right section if it is not.  On the 6th of july, I made an online reservation on Aero for a flight from Lagos  to abuja. The flight was for flight AJ 125 sheduled for 11:40 on the 7th of August. I paid through my Intercontinental bank account. I received an email confirmation and was given the booking code of ZMUUKS. The booking was for me and my cousin who come to lagos for her holidays. We got to the airport at exactly 9:50 and we presented our code at the book in counter, we were told that they couldnt see the flight on their system but should go to their reservation office. Getting to their office, i was informed that that flight was cancelled and removed from their system weeks ago. The question I and others who were affected asked was that if you cancell a flight, why couldnt you contact the people that have booked. At this stage, i had to ask for the next available flight. I was told that the only other flight for that day was at 21: 35. I had on choice but to accept. I must state here that not being in Abuja that day was a on option. This is to say that i had to wait for 11 hours for the flight. I had to choose either to go back to office and come back in the evening or wait the whole 11 hours at the airport. I chose the latter. I calculated the cost implication of getting a cab to my place and back and the stress of the road. As I mentioned earlier, i had to be in Abuja unfailingly as millions of business at stake. ( I am a contractor) At about 7:30 pm, i went to the booking counter to get my ticket and boarding pass. The man checked the system and confirmed to me that my name was on the list but i should wait for another 5 mins. He went to the reservation office and he came back, he told me that there was no space for us. I was dumbfounded and confused. It was the juncture that someone drew my attention to the raccketeering that was going on. When money exchanges hand between the staff when a desperate passenger offers more to any of the staff. You who is not aware of the ongoings will discover that your name have been removed from their list. I missed the flight(s), i missed my business deal and i lost huge sum of money. Saying all this shows how frustrated i am. Secondly, can I sue Aero? Please I need your advice.
Re: My Experience With Aero! by ojdollars(m): 6:44am On Aug 08, 2011
@pek ,  Hummm,  I feel your pains my brother, I understand what you went through. Nigerian Aviation Industry is failing. Some weeks ago, I missed aero flight so opted to use MyAirNigeria from Los - BNI. I bought ticket from their counter for a flight of 9:55 which was originally for 8:55 before it was cancel while we got to the aiport, though they sent a text twice notify me on the first cancellation. But dem delay us like 6hrs, no flight to BNI, the story they told us was that, their fuel finish, so they were looking for fuel, with no apologies. Week before, bought a ticket from aero online, only for them to debit Money from my account and the ticket refused to display neither was it emailed to me via my email i filled in on the booking form, till today, filed a complain with Intercontinental, since they are the one's that issue the ATM Card when I used, money dem nor gree refund till today, getting to like 1month and 1 week. So Nigeria aviation, need God for revival. If you have a competent Lawyer, present the matter to him just as you posted it on NL, he will advice you on whether you have a case or not, is a big loss and I sympathize with you. One door close, another door go open. But what if your plane come crash that day before uncu? hahaha, he for bad ooh,  Anyway take care bros. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Belgium How Is The Economy And How Do You Survive / Please Help With No English Language Test Schools To Apply / Horrible Story From Slavery In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.