Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,667 members, 7,918,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:51 PM

Best Way To Sell Your Product Online In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Way To Sell Your Product Online In Nigeria (167 Views)

Are You A Business Owner Or You Sell Any Product Online..CHECK THIS OUT.. / How To Get Your FIRS TIN Online In 5mins Or Less / What's The Best Way You Ever Dealt With A Debtor Who Refused To Pay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Way To Sell Your Product Online In Nigeria by Machifix(m): 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2022
How To Sell Online In Nigeria
1. Show Benefits Over Features.
Customers don’t mind paying huge, even on high-priced items if they can see the need to do so.

Your buyer has a need, and until you can help him see how your product’s features will benefit his lifestyle, he will not buy.

Features are qualities that make a product what it is – it’s the build-up and the components.

Benefits are the end results users get because of these features (qualities).

2. Be Strategic About Pricing
I was on a call with a woman who needs my help with having more paying clients.

While explaining the values she will get for my prices, she objected…

She explained how her last web designer duped her, selling her cheap prices at the beginning. Little did she know she will still pay for some hidden fees.

That made her harder to convince. Though, I won her trust. I did the work, and we were both happy.

From experience, I can tell you there is no right and wrong price – it is more of perceived value.

This affects service business owners more than those selling physical products online in Nigeria where there are almost standard prices everywhere.

If your prices are low than normal, customers will think you don’t deliver quality. If it’s higher, they may think you are greedy.

Most likely the problem is you didn’t cater for clients at all levels.

This is not about selling cheap; it’s about having the right price for the right customers.

For this reason, I encourage my clients to have three pricing levels. This way, there is a package for everyone for how much they can pay.

When DSTV had issues with selling to low-income earners. And their competitors want to use that as an advantage.

They (DSTV) launched GoTV. – Nice move for DSTV. Rather than devaluing their products by lowering the price, they created another for the masses.

I was working with young entrepreneur who sells herbal drinks. I told her,

“Arrange your products in three bottles – small, medium and large. And let every customers know that beyond the sizes, the bottles determines how fast they work”

Gues what, most first time buyers bought the medium bottle.

3. Reassure Your Customers
If your customer doesn’t perceive that he is getting more than he paid; they wouldn’t do business with you again.

Selling online in Nigeria has become more of a onetime sale rather than repeated sales.

It’s easy to magnify the benefits of your offer(s) and cut their weaknesses.

Most businesses don’t do after-sale customer service. After buying, you are on your own. The End!

Because first time customers are always sceptical about buying. And even after they have bought, they may feel they have spent too much money or acted on emotions.

The “what if” feeling at work – it happen to us all.

So, your work is to take away their remorse as fast as possible. You need to assure them even after sales that they made the right choice.

And how do you do this?

Be there after sales – it is as simple that. Send a follow-up e-mail, or a phone call, to make sure all went well with the user’s experience.

While doing this, you will earn their trust and enhance future sales with you, thereby saving you marketing cost.

Customers will always have questions to ask…

If it’s products, they may have trouble with the use. If it’s a service, they may have a question for clarity.

There’s nothing more refreshing than a business owner that is ever-supportive.

This is the reason why I see everyone who transact with me as a business partner and not a client.

(1) (Reply)

Content Writing Of The Highest Professional Quality / Why Should One Hire A Social Media Marketing Company In Melbourne? / To Lead, You Must First Win Minds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.