Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,354 members, 7,950,744 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse (1284 Views)

This Two Nairalnder Is Getting Married Very Soon Check Who They Are / 24-Year-Old Man: "How My Beard Got Me Sugar Mummy In Lagos" / Woman’s Hot Pants Confuse Police Who Think She’s Walking Unclad In England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by tomtomastom4: 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
For the sake of those who didnt follow this story from the initial. Let me start by going back to the genesis of all this.
It all started when a lady asked if its advisable to marry a man who earn 100k monthly salary. Here is the link to the thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/7289686/it-advisable-marry-man-earning

Then another lady asked how do couples who earn less than 100k per month survive in relationship/marriage. Here is the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7292274/ladies-relationship-men-earn-100k

In response to the above, I created a thread, detailing how me and my wife manage our home on 95k salary. Below is the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/7292931/how-survive-salary-95k-married

One of my comment on this thread got the attention of Blessedmercy8 and she created a thread about it. Here is the link also. In her response, she said... "GOD FORBID". Thats the genesis of my confusion.

https://www.nairaland.com/7297100/see-what-nairalander-said-brought

I did not create this thread to defend myself, insult or challenge anyone, but I created this thread to drop my simple advice to the average struggling guys out in the street struggling to make end met and looking for a good woman to marry.

Having gone through the previous thread, am here to categorically advise men/guys to "CHOOSE WISELY ON THE LADY YOU MARRY".

1 Like

Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by garriAndsugar: 9:32pm On Aug 30, 2022
Don't mind that old woman jare.
Everyone is claiming rich online where as we are all drinking Garri and sugar grin

6 Likes

Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by jimmychang: 9:32pm On Aug 30, 2022
Normally na,vet your lady seriously if you wan live.She is not also your wife but the mother of your children.If your wife na hoe,you go born hoe grin grin cheesy cheesy.

Women of these generation are bleeped.If you no open eye you dey dig your own grave.Find a FEMININE woman to marry.Someone that will submit to you and you will live long even if you die early your children will still be have a good person to instill goof morals in them.

1 Like

Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by tomtomastom4: 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
I want to start by responding to the comment she maid after quoting me.

No now now... cry **tears rolling** God forbid napkins for you r baby in this era. Before then, I decree, your income will increase. Chai!

Please can some one tell me what is wrong with napkins.

Now I want to believe that a greater percentage of members of this forum where given birth to between 1960 - 1990. And if you noticed, during those periods, a lot of infants where raised using napkins. Now among the babies raised during the time that napkins where rampant, can any one point to me the period when there was an "outbreak of infection on infant bumbum", where babies were falling ill or having stunted growth as a result of napkin usage.
I want to believe that this is not about napkins, this is about having a wife who understands that for this moment, there is no resource to fund some things so she have to make do with what is available. "CHOOSE YOUR WIFE WISELY".

A lot of people on that thread kept complaining that a guy shouldnt get married on such small income of 100k. Now I ask, How much is enough for a man to use and get married?. Marriage is a growth process between a man and a woman. No matter how much you have, during the first stages of your marriage, you financial management skills will be put to test because at this stage, you both are trying to harmonize and manage your expenses. And if you are not careful at this stage, you may end up going bankrupt. This is because you as a man might want to impress your wife, therefore you go on spending spree, buying all the buyables or providing all the edibles for your wife. While your wife will have the notion that there is plenty money available and so start making outrageous demands.
I ask again... How much is enough for a man before he can get married?.

Now lets look at this scenario
Mr A and Mr B are friends and the both bought a land in a remote area. While Mr B decided to wait till he has the full complete money of building a bungalow, Mr A was building his own bungalow bit by bit. This month he lays his foundation, next month he raise the blocks one layer and so on and so on till he completes his building after some period of time. But then Mr B could not get enough money to build his house at once because year in year out price of materials keep going up. Mr A has succeeded in beating inflation by starting early to build his house. Same method is how you are supposed to build your home. Step by step.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by jimmychang: 9:36pm On Aug 30, 2022
tomtomastom4:
I want to start by responding to the comment she maid after quoting me.

Please can some one tell me what is wrong with napkins.

Now I want to believe that a greater percentage of members of this forum where given birth to between 1960 - 1990. And if you noticed, during those periods, a lot of infants where raised using napkins. Now among the babies raised during the time that napkins where rampant, can any one point to me the period when there was an "outbreak of infection on infant bumbum", where babies were falling ill or having stunted growth as a result of napkin usage.
I want to believe that this is not about napkins, this is about having a wife who understands that for this moment, there is no resource to fund some things so she have to make do with what is available. "CHOOSE YOUR WIFE WISELY".

A lot of people on that thread kept complaining that a guy shouldnt get married on such small income of 100k. Now I ask, How much is enough for a man to use and get married?. Marriage is a growth process between a man and a woman. No matter how much you have, during the first stages of your marriage, you financial management skills will be put to test because at this stage, you both are trying to harmonize and manage your expenses. And if you are not careful at this stage, you may end up going bankrupt. This is because you as a man might want to impress your wife, therefore you go on spending spree, buying all the buyables or providing all the edibles for your wife. While your wife will have the notion that there is plenty money available and so start making outrageous demands.
I ask again... How much is enough for a man before he can get married?.

Now lets look at this scenario
Mr A and Mr B are friends and the both bought a land in a remote area. While Mr B decided to wait till he has the full complete money of building a bungalow, Mr A was building his own bungalow bit by bit. This month he lays his foundation, next month he raise the blocks one layer and so on and so on till he completes his building after some period of time. But then Mr B could not get enough money to build his house at once because year in year out price of materials keep going up. Mr A has succeeded in beating inflation by starting early to build his house. Same method is how you are supposed to build your home. Step by step.

Boss,you want to reason logically with women grin grin....And I pity the men who supported them.

1 Like

Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by garriAndsugar: 9:38pm On Aug 30, 2022
Op Napkins are still in use now.. never allow foolish people to compel or convince you to do more than you can.

1 Like

Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by tomtomastom4: 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
Now I hope we all konw that before the era of Buhari, families earning 50k are doing better off than now. Now lets assume a man who was earning 50k and doing well all by himself during the era of Jonathan, decided to wait till his income grows to 100k before getting married.
Now, if this man's income have increased to 100k by this year, 2022, will he say he has made any reasonable progress as inflation have eaten up the growth of his income. So then how long will the man continue to wait.

The question now is... As a man, will you get married? If your answer is yes. Then if you are up to the age of getting married, do not let finance keep you from it. There are plenty ladies out there who will be willing to support and grow with you.

Dont go and look for ladies who will be asking you how much is you income?
Dont look for ladies who will be asking you if you can take care of her needs.

LET THE LADY YOU ARE MARRYING BE SOMEONE WHO CAN TAKE CARE OF HERSELF.

When a lady is taking care of herself, she will really understand the value of money and how to manage. She will understand that when she needs something and she doesnt have money for it, its either she manages without it or she improvise. These are the kind of ladies you guys need to be marrying. Some ladies have sold their bodies just so that they can make their hair or get an IPHONE (we all can remeber the blackberry crase), while some ladies have gone on low cut, plaiting corn row and using nokia torch. Not because they dont like IPHONE or human hair, but because they know that they cant afford it now, so they manage what they can afford.

No offence to the ladies, but permit me to add that a good percentage of our ladies dont know the value of money and how difficult it is to make money. But then, you wont blame them because at a young age, their parent were taking care of them, then when they grow into their late teens, guys start flocking around them and providing their needs. If she is out of data, all she needs to do is to stay offline for a few hours and a guy will call and start asking her why shes offline. Next thing, the guy sends data. When you come to visit them in sch and you didnt come with something for them, they start acting, when you take them out, you pay the bills and still buy take away. If shes broke, she can call multiple guys for money, out of ten guys that she calls, 3 may reply and the money she will get might be enough for her to go through the week. Next week she calls another set of guys. How then do you think these ladies will know the stress in making money when they virtually get things for free. This was not the way our mothers grew up.

Go to campuses and see what ladies are doing just to ensure they arent broke for the lifestyle they are living. Do ladies even spend weekends in campuses any more?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by tomtomastom4: 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
In the previous thread, those ladies complaining about the amount a guy is earning, if they are serious and understanding enough, they should rather talk about how they will supplement the guys low income or how they will manage the little income of the guy pending when they can start contributing their own share or when they guy's income improve.

That is why I mentioned earlier, a guy should marry a lady who can take care of her needs. Since you as man is already taking care of your own needs, if you marry a lady who is taking care of her own needs, managing the needs of the family after marriage wont be a difficult task as both of you are already capable and coming into marriage with a little experience of "family financial management".

And I still repeat, CHOOSE WISELY WHO YOU MARRY.

Dont go and look for a slay queen to marry, else..... Na VAWULENCE till INFINITY.

Look at the attached photo. This is a lady saying shes buying milk of abt 11k for her daughter. Now take a look at one of the response she got. This goes to show that what the lady is doing is a matter of choice and not a standard. If you can afford the 11k milk, good and fine. If you cant, you go for a lesser one.

Do not let any body use their own choice that they can afford as a standard for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by tomtomastom4: 10:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
Now look at the comment in the attached pix below.... Take a look at the last paragraph

See what a lady is saying. Leaving a man because there is no money. Have this lady ever though about the fact that you can marry a rich man today and tomorrow his wealth disappear. What will she do next, leave him. Then where is the sanctity in marriage

In my own thread, I advised ladies who can not manage with little income from a man to please wait for a rich man to marry. Kindly wait for a man who can finance your life style and marry him. Dont claim to love a struggling guy only for you to start nagging and putting pressure on him after marriage because he is unable to foot your bills. Its a man's worst nightmare.

As a guy, I believe that you are not putting a break on your hustling after marriage. So what makes you think that as you are earning small today, you might not blow tomorrow and start having a heavy flow of income.

No man wants to remain stagnant, every man is pushing and planning for a better future. My advise is, if you will eventually get married and you already have a secured source of income no matter how small, why not get married now so that you can start now to plan your home based on your source of income, so that when your income increases, adjustment will be easy and you can now use the extras to invest and purchase properties. If you plan your home on a higher income source when you are not super rich, if things go south, you might find it difficult adjusting to a lower life style.

As long as you know what you are doing and you have a foresight, everything will work out for good.

Let me take a bow.

Wishing everyone best of luck.

Thank you for reading.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by Sexydevil(m): 10:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
Thanks for sharing.
Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 31, 2022
tomtomastom4:
For the sake of those who didnt follow this story from the initial. Let me start by going back to the genesis of all this.
It all started when a lady asked if its advisable to marry a man who earn 100k monthly salary. Here is the link to the thread.

Then another lady asked how do couples who earn less than 100k per month survive in relationship/marriage. Here is the link below.

In response to the above, I created a thread, detailing how me and my wife manage our home on 95k salary. Below is the link.

One of my comment on this thread got the attention of Blessedmercy8 and she created a thread about it. Here is the link also. In her response, she said... "GOD FORBID". Thats the genesis of my confusion.

I did not create this thread to defend myself, insult or challenge anyone, but I created this thread to drop my simple advice to the average struggling guys out in the street struggling to make end met and looking for a good woman to marry.

Having gone through the previous thread, am here to categorically advise men/guys to "CHOOSE WISELY ON THE LADY YOU MARRY".

Hey!!! Uncle, calm down. I was only forbidding stress for you and discomfort for the unborn child but you're now making it look like I meant God forbid a man like you. Hian... Na wa o.
Sorry if my concern for you cones off as offensive. Please, I retrieve my words back.

Please that post was not intended to mock you or make you feel less of yourself but to confirm my fears of not wanting to marry a man earning a 100k. I remember stating somewhere along the line that, I was not referring to you in later submissions I made in that post. Please don't take it personal. Besides my post was directed at intending couples not those who are already married because I know some got married before the economy got worse. so I'm not referring to them.

It's your life, your wife and your money. Please do whatever you like with them.
Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by Wizywiz(m): 9:53am On Aug 31, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Hey!!! Uncle, calm down. I was only forbidding stress for you and discomfort for the unborn child but you're now making it look like I meant God forbid a man like you. Hian... Na wa o.
Sorry if my concern for you cones off as offensive. Please, I retrieve my words back.

Please that post was not intended to mock you or make you feel less of yourself but to confirm my fears of not wanting to marry a man earning a 100k. I remember stating somewhere along the line that, I was not referring to you in later submissions I made in that post. Please don't take it personal. Besides my post was directed at intending couples not those who are already married because I know some got married before the economy got worse. so I'm not referring to them.

It's your life, your wife and your money. Please do whatever you like with them.

shocked shocked
Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by tomtomastom4: 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

No hard feelings

1 Like

Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by tomtomastom4: 11:11pm On Sep 01, 2022
jimmychang:

Boss,you want to reason logically with women grin grin....And I pity the men who supported them.

Well... God go gv every man good wife.
Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by Lamanii22(f): 12:57am On Sep 02, 2022
garriAndsugar:
Op Napkins are still in use now.. never allow foolish people to compel or convince you to do more than you can.
I even want to buy that napkin sef… pampers is consuming my money….

2 Likes

Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by dnawah(m): 7:18am On Sep 02, 2022
tomtomastom4:

don't mind anybody o! Person way no get plenty today, tomorrow e go get.

1 Like

Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by Fahvvy: 2:36pm On Sep 02, 2022
@tomtomastom4

This is one of the most educative thread I've read on nairaland in the last couple of years...

Thanks for sharing chief...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by Mercury12(m): 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
Nawa.
Ripple effect cheesy
Op you said the truth. But modern women won't accept it. Most of them if not all. Except a man is Lucky to find a woman that understands. These girls will tell you they don't want to suffer with any man o
Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by tomtomastom4: 3:16pm On Sep 04, 2022
dnawah:
don't mind anybody o! Person way no get plenty today, tomorrow e go get.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I believe am on the right track.
Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by tomtomastom4: 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
Fahvvy:
@tomtomastom4

This is one of the most educative thread I've read on nairaland in the last couple of years...

Thanks for sharing chief...

Thank you so much. I hope mods go move am go FP so that others can read and learn.

1 Like

Re: See What A Nairalnder Said That Got Me Confuse by tomtomastom4: 3:20pm On Sep 04, 2022
Lamanii22:
I even want to buy that napkin sef… pampers is consuming my money….

You see. When there is alternative to something very expensive, why not go for the cheaper one to save some funds. Though I knw there might be inconvenience, but that doesnt mean one have to go broke just to meet a standard.

(1) (Reply)

HE said: My Wife Constantly Deny Me Of Sex What Should I Do? / He Has My Phone Number In His Head / How To Find Babe For Hookup In Ph?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.