Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,122 members, 7,887,246 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:07 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (112971 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Deigofortune: 1:52pm On Jun 26
π–―π—…π—Œ π—€π—Žπ—’π—Œ 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍'π—Œ 𝖽𝖾𝗒 π–»π–Ύπ—Œπ— π—Œπ—ˆπ—…π—Žπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡ π–Ώπ—ˆπ—‹ π—π—π—‚π—Œ π–’π—ˆπ–½π–Ύ 𝖨'𝗆 𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 π—ˆπ—‡ 𝗆𝗒 π–§π—ˆπ—‡π–½π–Ί 𝖒𝗂𝗏𝗂𝖼 𝟒𝟨 π—†π—ˆπ–½π–Ύπ—…, 𝗆𝗒 𝖼𝖺𝗋 π—ˆπ—π–Ύπ—‹π—π–Ύπ–Ίπ— π—ˆπ—‡ 𝖺 π–Όπ—ˆπ—ˆπ—… 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 πŸ£πŸ’π—‰π—†,𝗆𝗒 π—‹π–Ίπ–½π—‚π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹ π—π–Ίπ—Œ π–¦π—Žπ–Ίπ—€π–Ύ 𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 π—‡π—ˆ 𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗄𝖺𝗀𝖾 π—ˆπ–Ώ 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗄𝗂𝗇𝖽, 𝗆𝗒 𝖿𝖺𝗇 π—π–Ίπ—Œ π—π—ˆπ—‹π—„π—‚π—‡π—€ 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖾 π—π—ˆπ—ˆ... πŸ€” π—‰π—…π—Œ 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 π–Όπ—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ 𝖻𝖾 𝖽𝖾𝗒 π–Όπ–Ίπ—Žπ—Œπ–Ύ..

π–―πŸ€πŸ£πŸͺ𝟧
π–―πŸ’πŸ£πŸ©πŸ€
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by samuelkingz(m): 3:17pm On Jun 26
Good Afternoon House, Please my radiator is having issues. Its not leaking but the water dries up and i have to put water daily and stop to refill at intervals. what could be the cause cos i was using radiator coolant but as it dried up i replaced with water to understand what happened. Please kindly help.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by nurey(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26
samuelkingz:
Good Afternoon House, Please my radiator is having issues. Its not leaking but the water dries up and i have to put water daily and stop to refill at intervals. what could be the cause cos i was using radiator coolant but as it dried up i replaced with water to understand what happened. Please kindly help.

diagnose the leak noni, check all around the car while parked not on and while parked and engine on to see any leakage, if none then next diagnosis is
1. check your transmission dipstick if it isnt milky in colour, if milky in colour you have a burnt gasket and the coolant is getting into the engine, or blue smoke noticed from your tail pipe means coolant is getting into combustion chamber. Also remove radiator cap, start car if you notice continuous bubble in the radiator when engine is running then gasket has burnt which can cause coolant source
2. Check your radiator cap or rather just change the radiator cap cause when the radiator cap is bad coolant will leak only when engine is very hot. while at this check the reservoir tank too for leaks.
3. your water pump might be bad too causing escape of coolant.

what vehicle are you using?

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sheuns(m): 3:39pm On Jun 26
Is there bad petrol in circulation in the country?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vivalavida(m): 3:48pm On Jun 26
Deigofortune:
π–―π—…π—Œ π—€π—Žπ—’π—Œ 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍'π—Œ 𝖽𝖾𝗒 π–»π–Ύπ—Œπ— π—Œπ—ˆπ—…π—Žπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡ π–Ώπ—ˆπ—‹ π—π—π—‚π—Œ π–’π—ˆπ–½π–Ύ 𝖨'𝗆 𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 π—ˆπ—‡ 𝗆𝗒 π–§π—ˆπ—‡π–½π–Ί 𝖒𝗂𝗏𝗂𝖼 𝟒𝟨 π—†π—ˆπ–½π–Ύπ—…, 𝗆𝗒 𝖼𝖺𝗋 π—ˆπ—π–Ύπ—‹π—π–Ύπ–Ίπ— π—ˆπ—‡ 𝖺 π–Όπ—ˆπ—ˆπ—… 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 πŸ£πŸ’π—‰π—†,𝗆𝗒 π—‹π–Ίπ–½π—‚π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹ π—π–Ίπ—Œ π–¦π—Žπ–Ίπ—€π–Ύ 𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 π—‡π—ˆ 𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗄𝖺𝗀𝖾 π—ˆπ–Ώ 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗄𝗂𝗇𝖽, 𝗆𝗒 𝖿𝖺𝗇 π—π–Ίπ—Œ π—π—ˆπ—‹π—„π—‚π—‡π—€ 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖾 π—π—ˆπ—ˆ... πŸ€” π—‰π—…π—Œ 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 π–Όπ—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ 𝖻𝖾 𝖽𝖾𝗒 π–Όπ–Ίπ—Žπ—Œπ–Ύ..

π–―πŸ€πŸ£πŸͺ𝟧
π–―πŸ’πŸ£πŸ©πŸ€

Your thermostat might have on bad if there is one in the car.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 8:24pm On Jun 26
samuelkingz:
Many things can be the cause sir the best way is to do a physical diagnostics to know what exactly is wrong.
Head gasket might be blown out
Heater core might be leaking
Water pump might be leaking
Even radiator cover can be bad and allow the water to flow back outside while driving.
Best way is to inspect properly sir.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lyort: 8:30pm On Jun 27
jceesquare:

It's obvious you guys didn't understand my question.
Running a 20W50 in any modern car is a slow poison that would eventually kill it off some day.
Asking which brand of 20W50 is more like asking what brand of poison to take.
Make una leave all this story of engine smoking and all that alone.

i do agree with your opinion and how more weight are being shredded off modern engines for improved efficiency which makes them less rugged. But we also cannot underestimate the fact that different car manufacturers design their engines differently hence the quality of material metals used also differs which makes some car engines more reliable than others. i believe we all have our long term experience as technicians on this subject matter based on observations on what happened with engines we ran on 20w-50(which i believe is a mineral oil) as compared to engines we ran on 5w-30 which is mostly synthetic. but in the end how long an engine last depend majorly on type of engine running under the hood, drivers usage and maintenance culture. i only recommend mobil mineral oil and regular oil change for middle class car owners who can't afford synthetic but that doesn't mean i'm not a huge fan of synthetic especially the ones shipped from US
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:46pm On Jun 27
masseratti:
can you help with Porsche cayenne transmission issue? location Abuja.. pls let me know asap please.
whats wrong with its transmission, also, what year and is the cayenne?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lyort: 6:52am On Jun 28
samuelkingz:
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:35am On Jun 28
samuelkingz:
Your water pump, or headgasket is bad. Check and replace them.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:35am On Jun 28
masseratti:
My 2010 Porsche cayenne decelerates when I want to climb bridges or hill..it drags when on highspeed I have tried almost everything please can anyone recommend a mechanic in abuja ?who can fix it or what can be the problem please.
Is it the 1st generation Cayenne with 6sp ZF or 2nd generation Cayenne with 8sp ZF?

DM
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:40am On Jun 28
billyfranc:
My Peugeot 406 is consuming lots of Fuel. I spend about 16k or 18k every three days on fuel for a distance that is not up to 1km - just city drive work and school runs only. I used to use 10 - 12L for one week, but now it's about 20L every three to four days. What could be the issue? The last time I scanned it (three weeks ago), I was told and shown that there were no permanent error codes and the temporary ones wiped immediately they were cleared. But, this high fuel consumption continued. My catalyst is also intact.
Please, help a brother!
Where is your car located?
I'm In Abuja.
DM 07034581213.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Akroty: 9:36am On Jun 28
We sell data worth 15gb for #2000
20gb #2800
30gb #5000
100gb #10000
All last for 2 months
The data is available for all network
Kindly whatsapp or call 09160392479
No scam zone, thanks πŸ™
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 100FIX1: 9:46am On Jun 28
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Bazztadewu: 1:06pm On Jun 28
Scam.o
Akroty:
20gb #2800
30gb #5000
100gb #10000
All last for 2 months
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Akroty: 1:09pm On Jun 28
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Akroty: 1:10pm On Jun 28
A testimony

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by joseph1832(m): 2:15pm On Jun 28
Akroty:
A testimony
let's see more testimony
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:22pm On Jun 28
Bazztadewu:
Scam.o
Akroty:
20gb #2800
30gb #5000
100gb #10000
All last for 2 months

Pls don't derail this thread.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 4:34pm On Jun 28
lyort:

i do agree with your opinion and how more weight are being shredded off modern engines for improved efficiency which makes them less rugged. But we also cannot underestimate the fact that different car manufacturers design their engines differently hence the quality of material metals used also differs which makes some car engines more reliable than others. i believe we all have our long term experience as technicians on this subject matter based on observations on what happened with engines we ran on 20w-50(which i believe is a mineral oil) as compared to engines we ran on 5w-30 which is mostly synthetic. but in the end how long an engine last depend majorly on type of engine running under the hood, drivers usage and maintenance culture. i only recommend mobil mineral oil and regular oil change for middle class car owners who can't afford synthetic but that doesn't mean i'm not a huge fan of synthetic especially the ones shipped from US
Sir, my argument is not with synthetic or mineral oil but on the oil weight.
There are several mineral or semi synthetic oil with 5W-30 oil weight.
I'll only advise and insist my customer uses a synthetic oil if it's required by the manufacturer.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by donchidez(m): 4:00am On Jun 29
My Lexus 400, hybrid, When on D (drive), the car won't accelerate while throttling it, it will be moving slowly. But when shift to R (reverse), the car will move normally and smooth.
Please help me, what could be the cause?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 5:20am On Jun 29
donchidez:
My Lexus 400, hybrid, When on D (drive), the car won't accelerate while throttling it, it will be moving slowly. But when shift to R (reverse), the car will move normally and smooth.
Go have the car scan with a very competent scanner sir and drop the scan result sir

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:02am On Jun 29
donchidez:
Check ATF level, if low, Add fluid.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by xcesscars: 7:28am On Jun 30
I have Toyota venza 2010 have been parked for months but wanted to get it running and it seems like the brain box is spoiled we tried to replace it with another brain box with same number still the work isn’t perfect.. the car is in Lagos. The rewire said we haven’t gotten the matching brain box yet I don’t understand
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:52am On Jun 30
xcesscars:
I have Toyota venza 2010 have been parked for months but wanted to get it running and it seems like the brain box is spoiled we tried to replace it with another brain box with same number still the work isn’t perfect.. the car is in Lagos. The rewire said we haven’t gotten the matching brain box yet I don’t understand

Type and send your VIN to me 07034581213.

I'd run a check and give you the correct part number.
But you may also have someone else to check properly.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Pikazo(m): 8:05pm On Jun 30
Pikazo:

Thank you boss, am in osogbo and hope to get a good gear electrician here. Once again thank you.

Good evening, so finally got the problem fixed, the speed sensor was the problem, as it has been replaced and speedometer is working fine. Thanks and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Godwin0420(m): 8:19pm On Jun 30
Greetings All,

Thanks for the support so far. I was the one who asked about a Toyota Rav4 gear replacement. The gear has been replaced, but I noticed a leak which a mechanic said is from the gear seal on the shaft. I would like to know if it is a simple fix.
Secondly, I noticed that the instrument cluster readings on my dash seem to have some form of zero error when the ignition key is in the "on" position. The tachometer seems to start at 500 rpm, pushing the idling value to around 1500 rpm. The speedometer and temperature gauges read way below zero and the fuel level does not go below a quarter tank even if the fuel is empty. These gauges rest at the zero point if the vehicle is turned off. Please advise if there is any solution as the reading on the temperature gauge seem to be causing the check engine like to come on (P0128 and P0118).

thanks for always.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by SamueItem337(m): 3:24am On Jul 04
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:58am On Jul 04
Godwin0420:
Greetings All,

Thanks for the support so far. I was the one who asked about a Toyota Rav4 gear replacement. The gear has been replaced, but I noticed a leak which a mechanic said is from the gear seal on the shaft. I would like to know if it is a simple fix.
Secondly, I noticed that the instrument cluster readings on my dash seem to have some form of zero error when the ignition key is in the "on" position. The tachometer seems to start at 500 rpm, pushing the idling value to around 1500 rpm. The speedometer and temperature gauges read way below zero and the fuel level does not go below a quarter tank even if the fuel is empty. These gauges rest at the zero point if the vehicle is turned off. Please advise if there is any solution as the reading on the temperature gauge seem to be causing the check engine like to come on (P0128 and P0118).

thanks for always.

Physical diagnosis is the best approach to sorting this issue. Remote diagnosis will be difficult here. If you are in Abuja, i can help out.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 8:17am On Jul 04
Godwin0420:
Greetings All,

thanks for always.
Need to be inspect physically sir. are you in lagos you can reach out to me.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lyort: 9:20pm On Jul 05
jceesquare:

Sir, my argument is not with synthetic or mineral oil but on the oil weight.
There are several mineral or semi synthetic oil with 5W-30 oil weight.
I'll only advise and insist my customer uses a synthetic oil if it's required by the manufacturer.

Noted sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Aiykay(m): 3:59pm On Jul 07
P0051 error code on Lexus rx350 2012. How to clear this code pls?

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (Reply)

Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. / Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online / Igbo Big Boys Storm Their Village With Their Cars For Christmas. (photos, Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.