Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,604 members, 7,975,352 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 11:01 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (131344 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07
Aiykay:
P0051 error code on Lexus rx350 2012. How to clear this code pls?
You don't clear the code and hope the issue is gone, you fix it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 4:50pm On Jul 07
Aiykay:
P0051 error code on Lexus rx350 2012. How to clear this code pls?
Need to inspect the heater oxygen sensore properly.if you clear code with fixing it will surely come back tho.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Aiykay(m): 9:28pm On Jul 07
Abbeyismo:

Need to inspect the heater oxygen sensore properly.if you clear code with fixing it will surely come back tho.
Just inspected the sensor and saw that the cable socket is not connected
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Aiykay(m): 9:42pm On Jul 07
Abbeyismo:

I inspected the O2 sensor and discovered the cable is disconnected from the engine
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by OMOKI1: 2:46am On Jul 08
masseratti:
My 2010 Porsche cayenne decelerates when I want to climb bridges or hill..it drags when on highspeed I have tried almost everything please can anyone recommend a mechanic in abuja ?who can fix it or what can be the problem please.

Check the Fuel Pump
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 7:10am On Jul 08
Aiykay:

I inspected the O2 sensor and discovered the cable is disconnected from the engine
Reconnect it back clear the code after test driving if the code comes back replace the sensore if it does not u are goid to go sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Aiykay(m): 8:34am On Jul 08
Abbeyismo:

Reconnect it back clear the code after test driving if the code comes back replace the sensore if it does not u are goid to go sir
Thank you very much...God bless

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Migab: 11:04am On Jul 10
Good morning, please my car model is:
Toyota Corolla Bank type
Year: 2005
Engine type: 1ZZ
Gear: NINE (9) PIN
My car is not changing from gear 3 to 4 and 5. After scanning the scanner said it's a sensor in the gear body valve and I bought another body valve yet it's still not changing, now an electrician is telling me that it's the BRAIN BOX that is causing the gear not to select 4 and 5, please I need solutions thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by powerboost: 11:47am On Jul 10
HENCEFORTH, YOU TOO CAN GIVE YOUR WOMAN ADDICTIVE S*XUAL PLEASURE AND CONFIDENTLY FEEL TEN TIMES ‘MANLIER’ WITHOUT ANY POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS STARTING FROM TONIGHT WITH REWIRE COMBO.
Question 1 – How many minutes do you really last before you release your sperm when you make love to a woman? Question 2 – Is your joystick size bigger than 4inches when erect? Question 3 – Do you get erections when you wake up in the morning and do you get proper erections at the point of having s*x? If you answered NO to these 3 questions, that is a sign to an UNHEALTHY joystick. Let’s face it, millions of Nigerian men are suffering from one of these 3 problems, and they mostly have what I call a “pen*s attack”. But you know the main problem? Your wife or fiancée will start getting disappointed about your poor sxual performance and she will stop having s*x with you. Especially when you have given up on yourself to find solutions to your problem. Even worse, she will soon be tempted to cheat on you with another man that can satisfy her. So what should you do? ACT FAST and solve these 3 main problems that causes lot of men embarrassment and shame in the bedroom. BENEFIT OF REWIRE COMBO:
1)It improves s*xual Function and Drives in Male and Female.
2)it helps to increase stamina and energy in Men and women.

3)it helps to rapidly buildup sprm count in Men.

4)it increases libdo in Men.

5)it helps the adequate circulation of blood to the extremities of the body that help in sustaining maximum hard rock Erection.

6)it increase size from 3/4inches within two weeks
7) customers above 40years old with prostate challenge will be fully restored

Complete set for age 40above #130,000
Age below 30years #82,000
For oder or inquiry WhatsApp 07047632278 or call 08147785143
Only the serious should contact please
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by fadal(m): 5:28pm On Jul 10
my baby

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Originakalokalo(m): 8:06am On Jul 11
ello everyone.

My transmission fluid mixed with coolant and the gear fluid was flushed out. Car is Honda accord 2007.

Temporarily, the cooler was bypassed.

What are my options:

Continue with the bypass?

Buy an external cooler? How much?

Change radiator?

Please I need comments from seasoned professionals.......
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:43pm On Jul 11
Originakalokalo:
ello everyone.

My transmission fluid mixed with coolant and the gear fluid was flushed out. Car is Honda accord 2007.

What are my options:

Change radiator?

Change radiator, but flush that transmission system and hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Originakalokalo(m): 3:06pm On Jul 11
kingreign:

Change radiator, but flush that transmission system and hope for the best.

I have done the flushing.

I intend to replace the heat exchanger in the radiator.....

Thanks for the reply.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Olamlag(m): 5:16pm On Jul 11
Good afternoon
My car is a 2001 corolla automatic, I discovered that when I slow down while climbing small hills it will not accelerate again even if I floor it, when I scanned it I got this codes, and I have checked the fuel pump and even washed it prior to scanning it. Thanks

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chrisatah94: 9:28am On Jul 13
Good morning Guys.

Please I need solid recommendations on good/durable tyres to buy (whether Toks or brank new). Location is Abuja pls. Thanks

Car tire size : 195/65r15 91v
Also can I buy a size slightly higher than this to help raise my honda civic a bit, cuz the ground clearance is quite low?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by calculation(m): 9:54am On Jul 13
chrisatah94:
Good morning Guys.

Please I need solid recommendations on good/durable tyres to buy (whether Toks or brank new). Location is Abuja pls. Thanks

Car tire size : 195/65r15 91v
Also can I buy a size slightly higher than this to help raise my honda civic a bit, cuz the ground clearance is quite low?
Let me recommend 195 70 R15C if available. It will last more than 4 years. Note: Buy NEW not used one and select manufactured year close to 2023 or 2024
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by PapaNnamdi: 11:55am On Jul 13
What's going on here?

Greetings everyone on this thread

My peugeot 607 is giving me something I gont understand
I parked and travelled for close to 2months,.

Now when I start the car,
The throttle when depressed doesn't respond
The car no longer revs, if left to warm for like 3mins, the reving is very weak and doesn't cross 2000rmp the falls back below 1000 and starts weak rev again repeating the sequence meanwhile I have foot in the gas pedal fully depressed..

Help me please
The engine and gear same as 406 Peugeot auto AL4
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hybrid600: 2:35pm On Jul 13
Why don't you scan the car and see what problem codes it brings.

PapaNnamdi:
What's going on here?

Greetings everyone on this thread

My peugeot 607 is giving me something I gont understand
I parked and travelled for close to 2months,.

Now when I start the car,
The throttle when depressed doesn't respond
The car no longer revs, if left to warm for like 3mins, the reving is very weak and doesn't cross 2000rmp the falls back below 1000 and starts weak rev again repeating the sequence meanwhile I have foot in the gas pedal fully depressed..

Help me please
The engine and gear same as 406 Peugeot auto AL4
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by PapaNnamdi: 5:34pm On Jul 13
Hybrid600:

Why don't you scan the car and see what problem codes it brings.

Ok, will seek a scanner
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chrisatah94: 1:39am On Jul 14
calculation:

Let me recommend 195 70 R15C if available. It will last more than 4 years. Note: Buy NEW not used one and select manufactured year close to 2023 or 2024

Please can you recommend a good store in Abuja?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by calculation(m): 4:58am On Jul 14
chrisatah94:

No sir. Not base in Abuja
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by abiolag(m): 6:59am On Jul 14
Who is using honda accord 2010 and how good is d car engine and ball joints ish?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:19am On Jul 14
chrisatah94:

DM 07034581213
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:20am On Jul 14
abiolag:
Who is using honda accord 2010 and how good is d car engine and ball joints ish?

These are very well proven cars. They're 14 years old by the way.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by abiolag(m): 10:29am On Jul 14
kingreign:

These are very well proven cars. They're 14 years old by the way.

What and what do I have to look out for when getting a Nigerian used as my budget can't afford Toks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by udosam(m): 1:21pm On Jul 14
My car is Camry 08, 4 plugs. Vibrates on idle. The idle is low when I am waiting in traffic. I have scanned and nothing came up. Check engine light is sha on and has been on forever. Pls gurus what should I do?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 1:27pm On Jul 14
udosam:
My car is Camry 08, 4 plugs. Vibrates on idle. The idle is low when I am waiting in traffic. I have scanned and nothing came up. Check engine light is sha on and has been on forever. Pls gurus what should I do?
The throttle body (injector mouth) might be dirty require to be clean.
Too much load can be the cause too possibly a manual compressor has been install on the car.
Need to be inspect physically since you said you have scan no code.
Or better still have a bigger scanner to scan the car.
You can reach out if u are in lagos for propal inspection

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Babatundehy: 2:20pm On Jul 14
abiolag:

What and what do I have to look out for when getting a Nigerian used as my budget can't afford Toks
Find someone with an high end scanner to scan it thoroughly, ask for maintenance records (yeah, i keep mine), test drive for no less than 30 mins with AC running, check the fluids (trans and engine).
Check for leaks beneath the car, if the engine bay appears washed then there's a reason to be more careful, listen for sounds like power steering whine, check if it starts up immediately or needs two to three cranks, look at the mpg readings while test driving and see if its not far from manufacturer's values, check if car doesn't smoke, check the state of the tyres ( look for uneven wears).
Check for common abuse like radiator fan being connected directly, car starting in drive and so on, and lastly the documentation of the vehicle, before all i have stated, check the vin to have an idea what state it came in when it was imported.
These are the things to be done, may you find a good one 👍🏾

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by BigTableShaker(f): 2:33pm On Jul 14
abiolag:

It's a good car, go for it.

Ball Joints issue is a hoax.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by BigTableShaker(f): 2:38pm On Jul 14
Originakalokalo:
ello everyone.

What are my options:

Change radiator?

How the hell will your trans oil get to mix with radiator coolant?
And what do you mean by"Cooler"?! the fan?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Originakalokalo(m): 5:14pm On Jul 14
BigTableShaker:

How the hell will your trans oil get to mix with radiator coolant?
And what do you mean by"Cooler"?! the fan?

There is a heat exchanger inside the radiator at the bottom. Trans oil enters it and leaves via a pipe to cool the oil.

If the pipe leaks coolant and trans oil mixes.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by abiolag(m): 5:25pm On Jul 14
Babatundehy:

Find someone with an high end scanner to scan it thoroughly, ask for maintenance records (yeah, i keep mine), test drive for no less than 30 mins with AC running, check the fluids (trans and engine).
Check for leaks beneath the car, if the engine bay appears washed then there's a reason to be more careful, listen for sounds like power steering whine, check if it starts up immediately or needs two to three cranks, look at the mpg readings while test driving and see if its not far from manufacturer's values, check if car doesn't smoke, check the state of the tyres ( look for uneven wears).
Check for common abuse like radiator fan being connected directly, car starting in drive and so on, and lastly the documentation of the vehicle, before all i have stated, check the vin to have an idea what state it came in when it was imported.
These are the things to be done, may you find a good one 👍🏾

Thank u so much

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (149) (Reply)

24 Most Expensive Cars Found On The Streets Of Nigeria / Comments/complaints/suggestions / LIST OF GOOD AUTO WORKSHOPS IN NIGERIA

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.