Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,769 members, 7,875,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:42 AM

Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him (2753 Views)

When A Whiteman Falls In Love With A Blackwoman (PHOTO) / LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2011
[center][size=25pt]Wealthy duchess gives fortune away to marry[/size][/center]

Maria del Rosario Cayetana Alfonsa Victoria Eugenia Francisca Fitz-James Stuart y de Silva (yes, that's one name) is one of the wealthiest women in all of Spain. [size=15pt]She is worth somewhere between $850 million and $5 billion--but not for long. The Duchess of Alba, 85, is giving it all away so she can marry the man she loves.[/size]

This sounds like a plot to the latest Nicholas Sparks novel, but we assure you, this is nonfiction to the core. So, why is she giving her vast fortune away? The duchess's six children were dubious about their mother's plans to marry Alfonso Diez, a civil servant who is 24 years younger.

To help assuage their fears that the love may not be genuine, the duchess is going to give her fortune to her children. According to an article from the BBC, the duchess's six children had been against the wedding. Earlier this year, the duchess remarked, "Alfonso doesn't want anything. All he wants is me."

Not surprisingly, news of the impending wedding sparked a flurry of web searches. Online lookups for "duchess marries" and "spain duchess fortune" were both incredibly popular, as computer users have sought the scoop on the unlikely love story.

The duchess's children were all from her first marriage to Pedro Luis Martinez de Irujo y Artazcoz, son of the Duke of Sotomayor. He died in 1972. The duchess remarried in 1978 to a onetime Jesuit priest named Jesus Aguirre y Ortiz de Zarate. He passed away in 2001. The duchess has been friends with Diez for several years. In fact, there were rumors of a wedding in 2008, but nothing occurred after the children "vetoed" the idea of marriage.

No word on whether the duchess's children and grandchildren intend to be on hand for the ceremony. She likes to point out that each of her kids is divorced, even though she has never split up with any of her husbands. According to the UK Guardian, the duchess has given her children and eight grandchildren "a palace each." That ought to keep them quiet.

More photos of the couples to be
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 09, 2011
mama and the Duke mama at a function
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 09, 2011
Who says old people no dey fall in love?

In fact i cant remain single tilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2011
see our pretty mama is. She finer than some nairaland babes sef

Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Goldieluks: 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2011
She look half dead to me,
no offense.
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Mynd44: 12:59pm On Aug 09, 2011
She will probably not survive the honeymoon
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2011
Half ogini? do u know how wealthy she is? Shes got money and now shes got love, that will make her live long

She is worth somewhere between $850 million and $5 billion
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by toyemz(f): 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2011
lol

see classic case of a man being a gold digger

see how fine the guy looks
and see how the woman looks ( 7 up the difference is clear oh)

The woman should have a trusted dog with her at all times oh
this kind husband go soon begin make attempts to kill her oh

i bow
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 09, 2011
Hot grandma
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2011
clear case of a GOLDDIGGER!!!!!
we all know that even if she gives "all" her money to her children, she will keep at least 50milla for her upkeep (to fuel the jet etc lol). her future husband is not a greedy one, he aint got his eyes on the whole fortune, just what she will be left with to "survive".

as for the old goat,her younger look is the work of heavy plastic surgery. . . . . . . look carefully at her HANDS, she definitely look 85 yrs old there!
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2011
Question is, will they have sex.? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by eghost247(m): 5:05pm On Aug 09, 2011
damn
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by MMM2(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2011
happy wedlock undecided
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Mynd44: 6:36pm On Aug 09, 2011
Will they be using protection? Just so the woman does not get pregnant by mistake
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2011
LMAO. Which kain protection? The pretty old wants to enjoy sex flesh to flesh with her money.

Na who say money cant buy sex love?
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by pendo89(f): 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2011
Dirty minds.
I think she just needs companionship not sex as such.I mean sex at 85? I need a doctor's opinion here
And why assume the dude is after her money? what if they signed a prenup? He would be silly to kill her if a prenup is already in place cz it wouldnt change a thing.
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Mynd44: 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2011
Why does he need to kill her all he needs to do is prform well enough in bed to give her a heart attack
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Goldieluks: 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2011
This sort of marriage,does not concern sexual relation.
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by pendo89(f): 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^^ exactly.it just cures loneliness.
@ Mynd,and what if the reverse happens? What if the 61 yr old dude dies of heart attack instead?
He's gonna need the blue pill for sure if intimacy is in their minds.
That hot grandma has a hot strong look  grin Damn why dd she wait this long? undecided undecided
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by BABE3: 7:44pm On Aug 09, 2011
Collagen don finish for this woman's body na--- chei

Why do they have to get married? If she's that lonely, why can't he just move in with her randomly? undecided Attention seeking much?! Gold-digging much?!
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2011
U guys might be missing something. Heres what the old woman said

Earlier this year, the duchess remarked, [size=15pt]"Alfonso doesn't want anything. All he wants is me."[/size]

Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by pendo89(f): 7:56pm On Aug 09, 2011
Are you telling me that its only Alfonso who is in want here?
The woman needs Alfonso's companionship .
So they both need some loving grin
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by BABE3: 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2011
Errrmm-- Uncle Tobzy,so If all Gold-diggEEs knew that their recipients were Gold-diggERs, the Gold-diggers would still be termed as "Gold-diggers"?

In simpler/less-confusing terms; Even if she he wants her money, do you expect him to tell her the truth--if he's really a gold-digger?

If he told her upfront, that he wants her money, then the term, Gold-digger, wouldn't be appropriate for him.

So, in this situation, I think the guy is likely to be a Gold-digger.
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by pendo89(f): 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^ And that will be taken care of in the prenup.
Her kids are smart.
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by tpia5: 8:41pm On Aug 09, 2011
Well, she's a grown woman and has given most of her wealth away to her kids.

She can save a little for her boyfriend if she likes.
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 09, 2011
toba:

U guys might be missing something. Heres what the old woman said

as if golddigger tell people that they are after their money. . . . . . . . . . . .bwaaaaah! OF COURSE Alonso is gonna say that he is there for love. just like Anna Nicole Smith was in ¨love¨ with her 90yr old husband, yeah right!!!!

thats the name of the game, they go in, pretend they love the old gazillionaire person and patiently wait for him/her to die. that women has already one foot inside her grave, Alonso obviously doesnt mind fukcing her for a few yrs, for the right ¨compensation¨.

the old lady has a bad rep anyway, all her exes husbands died, therefore Alonso might kick the bucket before her, that would be PRICELESS!!!!!
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by pendo89(f): 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^ shocked
I want to believe that any rich man/woman today signs a prenup, whether they are marrying a rich or broke ptner.
It protects one from gold diggers esp in a case like this one.I do not even see why anybody should worry cz
Alfonso crazy name knows exactly what hes entitled to from the moment he says 'I do'.
Her death therefore would not change the prenup terms either, cz I doubt if they are going to increase what they
already have by any meaningful margin within the short time they have, to warrant an ammendment of the
prenup.

I also do not expect them to announce to the public about the prenup either.
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by lindabon: 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2011
Wish them a lovely married life.

although i must confess that i laughed myself to death on seeing that last pix of the woman. make God forgive me sha. . . . what a lovely couple!
well, what can i say undecided undecided undecided undecided
love really has no boundary or limit grin grin grin grin grin

in btw a lot of younger looking guys will marry/date much older women given similar circumstance. truth be told !!
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by pendo89(f): 10:36pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^ grin grin
am still laughing.
She's giving us a 'hot and naughty look' undecided undecided
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 09, 2011
@pendo98
well if she supposedly gave all her money to her kids then there is no prenups to talk about as the bulk of the money is in the kids hands (and protected). also, i am sure this woman would also want to give something to the young man who ¨cleaned her pipes¨ for her last dying days.

also the LAW states that if you marry someone and they suddenly get accustomed to YOUR lifestyle then they cant go back to their brokk asss lives and need to keep living the good life, so technically, as he is now ¨royalty¨he should be living like one even as she is long gone!

and lets not forget, everything she makes while marrie dto him, should be devided equally, so think about how much interest her fortune will generate, thats the income she will have to split with him if she divorces Alonso!
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by pendo89(f): 12:02am On Aug 10, 2011
@ Brown,I was replying to this your comment about her keeping something for herself.
And that something is what she needs to protect if this Alfonce of a dude is goldigger.

MRbrownJAY:

clear case of a GOLDDIGGER!!!!!
we all know that even if she gives "all" her money to her children, she will keep at least 50milla for her upkeep (to fuel the jet etc lol). her future husband is not a greedy one, he aint got his eyes on the whole fortune, just what she will be left with to "survive".

MRbrownJAY:

and lets not forget, everything she makes while married to him, should be divided equally, so think about how much interest her fortune will generate, thats the income she will have to split with him if she divorces Alonso!

LOL @ hot grandma divorcing Alfonce.too old to divorce. undecided

Okay this is the tricky part and this is where a postnup comes in handy.If the dude does not contribute to the wealth while they are married then hot grandma is entitled to bring up a postnup contract.
Especially if Alfonso starts showing signs of golddigging.
But see,Mr.Brown, even if her estate generates some interest,it would still be far less than the amount she left for her kids.At their age they are enjoying interest not setting up new bz and this interest is coming from hot grandmas estate, She therefore doesn't have to worry about divorce cz of ;
1. Prenup even if her worth at time of marriage is $1m,shes protected.
2. Postnup.If this alfonse doesnt chip in,hes not entitled to equal share of her wealth. yeah he may walk out with royalty stuff but not equal.
Re: Smdh:85yrs Old Duchess Falls In Love With A 61yr Old Man. Ready To Marry him by tpia5: 12:10am On Aug 10, 2011
but in the olden days men were content to be just gigolos and boy toys.

now they want more.

lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? / How Do You Say 'My Love'... / Love Tall And Fair Girls,but My Fiancee Is Short And Dark.please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.