Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,514 members, 7,975,061 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 03:56 PM

Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? (2353 Views)

Xenophobia In South Africa: When Will The Black Man Become Truly Civilised? / Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? / Can This Man Become President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by Larufa(m): 9:54am On Feb 24, 2006
2007 Election: What Is Wrong With The Ndi Igbo?

Can an Igbo Man ever become the president of Nigeria?

With the submission of the president general of Ohaneze N'igbo, Prof. Joe Irukwu, at the just concluded Constitution Review committe- THE SOUTH EAST SUPPORTS THIRD TERM FOR OBJ.

Where are the Ndubusi Kanu, Emeka Anyanoku, Ebitu Ekiwe, C.C.Onoh and Joe Igbowes, when the leadership of OHANEZE were making this public declarations.

I pity them.

Now is the time for them to come out and defend the diginty of an average Igbo man. N'igbo must say NO, NO. For this the best time for them to be part of decision making body in Nigeria again.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by Txlonghorn(m): 9:58am On Feb 24, 2006
My brother , I think our people are starting to see the light now with all the retaliations going on in the east.
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by toshmann(m): 11:08am On Mar 04, 2006
the ibo race is unfortunately politically naive. they don't seem to appreciate that the best way to make a head way is unity.unity has never been in the ibo agenda.historically,the ibo is an egaliterian race.all man for himself and no one is king(igbo amaghi eze i.e igbo knows no king).this weighs the ibos down politically.but the hausas and yorubas have had political experience for centuries.the efiks have political history too,the binis,etc.but not the ibos.that's why ibos fall into political blunders all the time.

for now,an ibo man can't be president. they don't have the unity. they may never get the presidency unless it is "given" to them through rotational presidency.otherwise it may never get to them.

1 Like

Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by Goldmind1(m): 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2009
[quote][/quote]the ibo race is unfortunately politically naive. they don't seem to appreciate that the best way to make a head way is unity.unity has never been in the ibo agenda.historically,the ibo is an egaliterian race.all man for himself and no one is king(igbo amaghi eze i.e igbo knows no king).this weighs the ibos down politically.but the hausas and yorubas have had political experience for centuries.the efiks have political history too,the binis,etc.but not the ibos.that's why ibos fall into political blunders all the time.

for now,an ibo man can't be president. they don't have the unity. they may never get the presidency unless it is "given" to them through rotational presidency.otherwise it may never get to them.

Look at you! You prefer being led by those Hausa Fulanis who have not done us any good. Let me bring this to your notice. Mallam El-rufai said in the US that the 7 point agenda which is being used to govern you today was just drawn by them overnight. Presidents and leaders who have no plans. My slogan is that if we continue like this for the next 100 years, we would have wasted 100 yreas. A stich in time they saves nine. The only remedy is sovereign national conference.
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 4:20pm On Sep 08, 2009
YES grin lol

but will igbos support him?

thats the REAL question.
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by dinggle: 4:42pm On Sep 08, 2009
Igbo man's presidency is a lone story gone cold. The memories the maurice Iwus, the orjis, the dora Akunyilis a.k.a madam rebrand, Nzeribes will not even allow Igbos to vote themselves in not to talk of other ethnicity voting for them. Instead of clamouring for an Igbo man, it makes better sense to clamour for the best and most capable people's candidate either Igobo, Yoruba, Hausa or any of the minority ethnic groups not one who comes with a story of how he/she ran a successful business which is the most common story of an Igbo man aspiring to be president, but one who's story can be boldly read from the faces of the masses and his immediate environment one of such persons is Fashola, Gani (May his soul rest in peace) ,
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 4:53pm On Sep 08, 2009
mind (m)
Nigeria

Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria?
« #3 on: Today at 01:03:58 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the ibo race is unfortunately politically naive. they don't seem to appreciate that the best way to make a head way is unity.unity has never been in the ibo agenda.historically,the ibo is an egaliterian race.all man for himself and no one is king(igbo amaghi eze i.e igbo knows no king).this weighs the ibos down politically.but the hausas and yorubas have had political experience for centuries.the efiks have political history too,the binis,etc.but not the ibos.that's why ibos fall into political blunders all the time.

Look at you! You prefer being led by those Hausa Fulanis who have not done us any good. Let me bring this to your notice. Mallam El-rufai said in the US that the 7 point agenda which is being used to govern you today was just drawn by them overnight. Presidents and leaders who have no plans. My slogan is that if we continue like this for the next 100 years, we would have wasted 100 yreas. A stich in time they saves nine. The only remedy is sovereign national conference.
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 4:53pm On Sep 08, 2009
like this superman usually say, let the trait fly as high as it could get

wasnt the north handed OBj monkey power

was it by the 419 unity of the gbatis

may una mind una self

and drop those useless trait

unity are they really united, were they united during abiola tenure??
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2009
its obvious nigeria has been destoryed by the hausa-fulani and oduduwas

i think this thread quotes itself

wasnt me!

its time for pdp to recognise

foolish people full of [size=21pt]traits!![/size]
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2009

Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria?
« #2 on: March 04, 2006, 11:08 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

grin grin grin grin grin grin another bullshit!!
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2009
well

so this is the disrespect?? abi
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2009
@@@@

lies!!
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2009
opp
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2009
ikeyman00:

opp

you dis street sweeper

wetin trait you dey yarn of?

Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by IGWEUSA(m): 2:19am On Sep 09, 2009
SLEEZY, IKEYMAN and BECOOMRICH, you guys really have to form a mega party,afterall there is no doubt that you warriors are not bound to
be together.
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by babapupa: 3:04am On Sep 09, 2009
No comment!!! grin
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:09am On Sep 09, 2009
Larufa:

2007 Election: What Is Wrong With The Ndi Igbo?

Can an Igbo Man ever become the president of Nigeria?

With the submission of the president general of Ohaneze N'igbo, Prof. Joe Irukwu, at the just concluded Constitution Review committe- THE SOUTH EAST SUPPORTS THIRD TERM FOR OBJ.

Where are the Ndubusi Kanu, Emeka Anyanoku, Ebitu Ekiwe, C.C.Onoh and Joe Igbowes, when the leadership of OHANEZE were making this public declarations.

I pity them.

Now is the time for them to come out and defend the diginty of an average Igbo man. N'igbo must say NO, NO. For this the best time for them to be part of decision making body in Nigeria again.

God bless Nigeria.

Your desperate attempt to ridicule Ndigbo at all cost leaves the joke and ridicule on you and other biased minds like you.
I mean, how does having an Igbo president become the dignity of an average Onye Igbo when such position never dignified the average Fulanis, Housas and Yorubas in the case of OBJ, Yaradua, IBB and co? Or, has tribalism eaten deep into your brains that an average nigerian have not realized that he has been and is still the victim of such destructive trait?

Why spend so much of your time pretending to pity and care for the Igbos while you have a lot going on around you that deserve your pity and care?
Re: Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 9:40am On Sep 09, 2009
nuzu

i dey mind me

na trait!!

ezeagu u listenin

u can quote me

(1) (Reply)

Who Should We Dream Of For 2007 Presidency? / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Turns 75 Today / BREAKING NEWS : Gunmen Attack Students In FGC Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.