Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,915 members, 7,872,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

The Gift Of God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gift Of God. (257 Views)

D Office Of A Prophet & The Gift Of Prophecy Aren't Dsame. / Pastors And Who Eva Has The Gift of Dream Interpretation Pls Come To My Rescue / Fastest Way To Receive The Gift Of Sound Prophecy, Dreaming, Vision, Healing Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Gift Of God. by AbundantLife05: 6:03am On Sep 04, 2022
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
THE GIFT OF GOD. Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. NLT.

Sin is a killer. There is nothing it offers to a man apart from taking his life away. Man lost his life to sin when sin came into the world through the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden. Romans 5:15: But there is a great difference between Adam’s sin and God’s gracious gift. For the sin of this one man, Adam, brought death to many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of forgiveness to many through this other man, Jesus Christ. NLT. When this happened, God needed to make a response to this event. Why was the response of God necessary? Because the event in the garden caused man to lose three things; his life, dominion and intimacy. The design of God is for man to live forever but sin stripped it away from us. Genesis 3:19: By the sweat of your brow will you have food to eat until you return to the ground from which you were made. For you were made from dust, and to dust you will return.” NLT. Secondly, through sin, man lost dominion that God gave him and thirdly, man could no longer communicate with God the way he used to before sin came in. When man lost all these, the plan of God for man was destroyed and he needed to get things back to normal.

God's response to what man lost came in form of his one and only Son Jesus, and he gave us Jesus from the place of love. John 3:16: “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. NLT. Jesus who came to die for our sins was a gift from God to mankind. He came to rectify the wrongs of Adam in the garden of Eden. The life sponsored by God ushers in a new level of relationship with God that restores intimacy with him and dominion over everything on earth.

So, while sin kills us spiritually and eventually leads to the second death Rev 21:6-8, the gift of God (Jesus) gives us life from here and to eternity. John 10:10: The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. NLT. Don’t forget that Jesus is a free gift, you did not work for what you are to benefit from him. Sin on the other hand tasks you and reward you with death.

On this note, if you are ready to give your all to him and serve him, say this prayer wholeheartedly; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and I will be your witness till the end. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

(1) (Reply)

S.H.A.P.E (5) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/11/2022 / You Have A Choice In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.