Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,256 members, 7,880,973 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:14 AM

End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy (25415 Views)

No End In Sight To ASUU, Federal Government Face Off / End In Sight For ASUU Strike As Govt, Union Agree On Seven Areas / ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Enkidu70: 7:28am On Sep 07, 2022
divinehand2003:

https://leadership.ng/end-in-sight-for-ASUU-strike-as-fg-reviews-no-work-no-pay-policy/

No work, no pay is the rule throughout the civilized world. Once FG caves in and pays them now, you can expect another useless, protracted strike in the near future since they know they will get paid in arrears

3 Likes

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Kayyus09(m): 7:29am On Sep 07, 2022
Bandíts are treated differently

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by divinehand2003(m): 7:29am On Sep 07, 2022
Enkidu70:

No work, no pay is the rule throughout the civilized world. Once FG caves in and pays them now, you can expect another useless, protracted strike in the near future since they know they will get paid in arrears

Of course they will get their money.
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by shortIGBOman: 7:32am On Sep 07, 2022
divinehand2003:
"No work no pay" policy is not the major issue. ASUU is asking for implementation of the 2009 agreement which FG signed with them.

FG should always pursue that 2009 agreement and take it as a priority to implement it in all its totality instead of playing to the gallery.

A useless agreement that Goodluck Jonathan and Yaradua, who were ones members of ASUU, couldn't implement. You want Buhari to implement? God punish all ASUU.

Useless morafokas

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by bizhop01: 7:34am On Sep 07, 2022
ASUU the only public servants in Nigeria
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by zicoraads: 7:35am On Sep 07, 2022
samuelpeters:

The committee set-up to visit our universities came up with the recommendation and drafted what the university needed.

A 1 trillion naira is needed to revitalize our universities, for them to be on par with African universities and world universities at large.

The then government had an agreement with ASUU to pay 200 billion each year for 5 years, In order to cover the 1 trillion.

The then government paid the first year. But couldn't pay no more......till today!!!

Like I said; if GEJ implemented this 1 trillion naira revitalization which was the major issue in the 2009 agreement, we wouldn't be talking about that today.

It's 1.3 trillion now due to inflation and useless naira. angry

The is the vital issue.. other issues are Earned allowances, review of their renumeration, autonomy.

UTAS-IPPIS is a recent development.

Now, tell me, what is wrong with IPPIS that the university system cannot use it ? grin
Stop blaming Jonathan, stop. I am starting to sense you're partisan. There is no vital issue, there are vital issues.

Granted, Jonathan and PDP failed. But why do you keep blaming them over a 2022 matter?

ASUU's main grouse now is not the 2009 agreement, it's the 2020 Memorandum of Action between the FG and ASUU that has remained unsigned.

Also, the white paper of the Visitation Panels to Federal Universities that the FG claimed was ready 6 months ago, but it's yet to be seen.

UTAS, although you say it's a recent issue, it's a major issue now for ASUU. And this strike is now.

This FG promised to balance the Revitalisation Funds for universities and has not done so.

The NUC's proliferation of universities.

Like I said, the blame is wholly this government's lack of commitment to end the strike. IPPIS is a platform for stealing of funds. How do you think the Account General was able to steal so much? Even Pantami, Buhari's minister said it failed an integrity test. Ask a lecturer how many deductions they got as a result of IPPIS. IPPIS does not recognise the peculiarities of teaching in a university.

Stop blaming Jonathan and the PDP. It's Buhari and the APC.

3 Likes

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Elsueno: 7:38am On Sep 07, 2022
undecided
FG way mumu.....I assure U, if they pay ASUU 4 dis 7 months way them no work, d next strike go reach 2 years sef( years, they would definitely go on another strike in a year again)...A govt who can't keep to thier own policy would NEVER BE RESPECTED... ASUU just knows how incompetent & cowardly d govt is, If not, how could U be sleeping at home 4 7 months & U come collect salaries freely like that.... Metcchw
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by zicoraads: 7:41am On Sep 07, 2022
Enkidu70:

Which civilised world?

Do you know anything about labour laws in any country? Or the ILO laws on strike actions?

1 Like

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Hitsport16: 7:44am On Sep 07, 2022
Make Dem do fast jare
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Miles300: 7:47am On Sep 07, 2022
Manson1:
Assu still won't succumb. They should settle amicably At-least for the sake of the students...

BTW

This is a four bedroom residential accommodation designed by asomarchitectng..

It's has an ante room, living room, dinning area with bar ,laundry and all rooms ensuite. Contact us for the complete architectural drawings/construction..

See my signature for contact details/portfolio...
contact
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by na2016: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2022
divinehand2003:
"No work no pay" policy is not the major issue. ASUU is asking for implementation of the 2009 agreement which FG signed with them.

FG should always pursue that 2009 agreement and take it as a priority to implement it in all its totality instead of playing to the gallery.

Currently the no work no pay is what holding the strike. if FG reviews it and attend to some demand of ASUU, strike will end today.
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Randy100: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2022
Yureyes:
No. I want FG to resolve everything but not pay ASUU for the period they have been on strike.
Cry more. ASUU will be getting all.

2 Likes

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Parachoko: 7:53am On Sep 07, 2022
The Government needs to break the power of ASUU after this strike end

I don't understand how State Universities will also be going in indefinite strike along side Federal Universities.
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Manson1(m): 7:53am On Sep 07, 2022
Miles300:
contact

081 441 81499
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by CurrentSamuel(m): 7:56am On Sep 07, 2022
We de wait
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by blackboy(m): 7:58am On Sep 07, 2022
Yes
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by youngpresidooo: 8:05am On Sep 07, 2022
JoshTim:

When oil was selling above $100 per barel, what did Jonathan do?
same blame game
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Jestin: 8:25am On Sep 07, 2022
BATified2023:
even d one that claim to have certificate n forming angel lately

Lecturers went on strike for 6 months under him
Doctors went on strike for 13 months under him

What do u have to say about it
stop quoting people out of context pls. Sometimes, I see some people commenting that you have to be brainless to support Tinubu. Between Goodluck with a certificate and Buhari without a certificate who was better ? If you like vote another incapable candidate without a certificate in 2023.
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Agbebakun22: 8:29am On Sep 07, 2022
kingi777:
I think FG sees university lecturers as mere civil servants that is why they don't have regard for them. The truth is that for you to qualify to lecture in the university, you must develop your self by acquiring higher degrees such as MSc and PhD. Even though some people would say it doesn't matter, it costs a lot to do research especially for those in sciences due to dollar exchange rate as most of the reagents and equipment are imported. When you suffer to get this qualifications, they start paying you with meagre salary. I think ASUU has been listening to the cry of the masses by calling off the strike in the past without achieving anything. Somepeople are against ASUU getting decent pay by comparing them with civil servants that do not need research publications, conference attendance and higher certificates for promotion. A lecturer works all round the corner, both at night and weekends without rest. Most of them slump and die due to stress from overload of work duties. The truth is that most universities are understaffed and that’s why ASUU is asking for earn allowance due to over admission of students. I've been privileged to attend a conference in South Africa and I saw the cars/machines driven by lecturers and I was awed. They are really paid well. But I noticed in Nigeria, lecturers are no more proud of their work because of let down by even students as they can hardly buy decent cars or live in good neighbourhood. Universities are built every day but no provision of lecturer's quarters unlike in the 60s. Some enemies of education would also say what are the lecturers teaching, but nigerian graduates are doing wonderfully well in different parts of the world. They follow the NUC curriculum and are checked via accreditation. FG has to stop demoralising lecturers by paying them well so as to encourage them to concentrate and put in their best for the betterment of students. Why should an MSc holder working with TETFUND for eg be paid NGN700,000 as entry salary while a PhD holder starts with less than NGN130,000/140,000 in the university? Go to TETFUND and verify, you won't see children of nobody there; most of them are children of Senators, governors, ministers, emirs etc. Meanwhile, the TETFUND came through the effort of
ASUU o. Yet a professor earns less than NGN450,000 and the government feel good. Some say Fg don't have money so what's the rationale for spending billions on school feeding? The Fg is making the university unattractive and if care is not taken, education in Nigeria will be affected as it's only those who don't have a choice that would like to lecture as the best brains won't consider doing suffer head for nothing.
May be na private uni u go no be same lecturers weh go give u course outline or hand out make u go read without impacting any knowledge to the students. I had one lecturer then that come classroom twice in a semester once he show like this na to give u course outline to read and waiting for exams again. Most students get to where they're today cux of their hard working and researching not cux of lecturer nonsense. Most of them don't go into classes

1 Like

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Mayo4real12345: 8:39am On Sep 07, 2022
Yureyes:
No. I want FG to resolve everything but not pay ASUU for the period they have been on strike.

May you not suffer...
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Biodun556(m): 8:41am On Sep 07, 2022
Viz007:
No end in sight of ASUU strike at all if universities don't achieve autonomy.

The autonomy will affect the students by making the Universities fix school fees any how to compete with private universities. Unfortunately students and parents are not seeing this
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Mayo4real12345: 8:41am On Sep 07, 2022
Agbebakun22:
May be na private uni u go no be same lecturers weh go give u course outline or hand out make u go read without impacting any knowledge to the students. I had one lecturer then that come classroom twice in a semester once he show like this na to give u course outline to read and waiting for exams again. Most students get to where they're today cux of their hard working and researching not cux of lecturer nonsense. Most of them don't go into classes

May your source of income...not blocked
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 07, 2022
I wonder why persident buhari will review such policy which means he's creating rivary with the academic union a good leader should know how to create peace during discord with is co-subordinate expecially when the common civilian is concerned.
maybe he has forgotten that if things go on like this it may really affect the student morealso he should also remember he's promise during campaign to give nigeria a standard educational system further more he's tenure is about to end so why is he signing such policy
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Agbebakun22: 8:55am On Sep 07, 2022
Mayo4real12345:

May your source of income...not blocked

Oga the truth is bitter, i'm not against them or whatever but most of them don't attend or lecture students but some are really trying tho
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by BATified2023: 8:55am On Sep 07, 2022
Jestin:
stop quoting people out of context pls. Sometimes, I see some people commenting that you have to be brainless to support Tinubu. Between Goodluck with a certificate and Buhari without a certificate who was better ? If you like vote another incapable candidate without a certificate in 2023.
name d candidate without certificate

U people are just utterly stupid n driven by hate to believe someone who worked in exonmobil doesn’t have certificate

Can u work in a Nigerian bank without certificate?

Use your head n understand that hate will block your common sense,how do u stand before people n tell them an employee of a multinational company doesn’t have certificate?

U will look stupid

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by deavicky(m): 8:59am On Sep 07, 2022
You people don't know FG'S problem at the moment. They were busy looting the lectures salary in the name of no work no pay. Right now they don't have their salary anywhere so paying is now a problem.

1 Like

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by hotseat: 9:00am On Sep 07, 2022
The no work, no pay policy is an evil legislation meant to subjugate the workforce without providing an option of opposing issues that affect them and the entire system.

Simply put, the no work, no pay policy is inherently meant to enslave the workforce in perpetuity without an option of protest or embarking on outright strike action no matter how unpleasant the work environment is.

It is a colonial mentality policy!

It is a tool meant for enslaving workers and must be abrogated forthwith.

Imagine a shameless FG, refusing to honour agreements voluntarily arrived at with ASSU since 2009 and some uninformed persons have the temerity of calling ASSU, a reservoir of academics and intellectuals, unprintable names over the ongoing strike.

FG, do the right thing joor!

2 Likes

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Jestin: 9:06am On Sep 07, 2022
BATified2023:
name d candidate without certificate

U people are just utterly stupid n driven by hate to believe someone who worked in exonmobil doesn’t have certificate

Can u work in a Nigerian bank without certificate?

Use your head n understand that hate will block your common sense,how do u stand before people n tell them an employee of a multinational company doesn’t have certificate?

U will look stupid
I finally agree with the comments that Tinubu supporters are brainless. You are sounding more more stupid right now. What is stopping ur messiah from presenting his certificate to the general public? Bleep off my mention
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Voldoz: 9:11am On Sep 07, 2022
kingi777:
I think FG sees university lecturers as mere civil servants that is why they don't have regard for them. The truth is that for you to qualify to lecture in the university, you must develop your self by acquiring higher degrees such as MSc and PhD. Even though some people would say it doesn't matter, it costs a lot to do research especially for those in sciences due to dollar exchange rate as most of the reagents and equipment are imported. When you suffer to get this qualifications, they start paying you with meagre salary. I think ASUU has been listening to the cry of the masses by calling off the strike in the past without achieving anything. Somepeople are against ASUU getting decent pay by comparing them with civil servants that do not need research publications, conference attendance and higher certificates for promotion. A lecturer works all round the corner, both at night and weekends without rest. Most of them slump and die due to stress from overload of work duties. The truth is that most universities are understaffed and that’s why ASUU is asking for earn allowance due to over admission of students. I've been privileged to attend a conference in South Africa and I saw the cars/machines driven by lecturers and I was awed. They are really paid well. But I noticed in Nigeria, lecturers are no more proud of their work because of let down by even students as they can hardly buy decent cars or live in good neighbourhood. Universities are built every day but no provision of lecturer's quarters unlike in the 60s. Some enemies of education would also say what are the lecturers teaching, but nigerian graduates are doing wonderfully well in different parts of the world. They follow the NUC curriculum and are checked via accreditation. FG has to stop demoralising lecturers by paying them well so as to encourage them to concentrate and put in their best for the betterment of students. Why should an MSc holder working with TETFUND for eg be paid NGN700,000 as entry salary while a PhD holder starts with less than NGN130,000/140,000 in the university? Go to TETFUND and verify, you won't see children of nobody there; most of them are children of Senators, governors, ministers, emirs etc. Meanwhile, the TETFUND came through the effort of
ASUU o. Yet a professor earns less than NGN450,000 and the government feel good. Some say Fg don't have money so what's the rationale for spending billions on school feeding? The Fg is making the university unattractive and if care is not taken, education in Nigeria will be affected as it's only those who don't have a choice that would like to lecture as the best brains won't consider doing suffer head for nothing.

Stop exaggerating, no job is easy and moreover most Lecturers are not qualified to be called lecturers they have certificates but they can't teach.
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by TemmyT002(m): 9:13am On Sep 07, 2022
Na because of election.
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Stargurl20(f): 9:18am On Sep 07, 2022
Yinmu
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by ebudola53c: 9:19am On Sep 07, 2022
They were always going to win on that.They were always going to win on that....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University Direct Entry Thread For 2013/2014 / Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) / 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.