Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,296 members, 7,881,094 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:18 PM

End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy (25417 Views)

No End In Sight To ASUU, Federal Government Face Off / End In Sight For ASUU Strike As Govt, Union Agree On Seven Areas / ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by nwakibie3(m): 9:59am On Sep 07, 2022
JoshTim:

How how long has it been selling idiot

You are a foool if you can't find out yourself
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Mullernobi(m): 10:05am On Sep 07, 2022
hotseat:
The no work, no pay policy is an evil legislation meant to subjugate the workforce without providing an option of opposing issues that affect them and the entire system.

Simply put, the no work, no pay policy is inherently meant to enslave the workforce in perpetuity without an option of protest or embarking on outright strike action no matter how unpleasant the work environment is.

It is a colonial mentality policy!

It is a tool meant for enslaving workers and must be abrogated forthwith.

Imagine a shameless FG, refusing to honour agreements voluntarily arrived at with ASSU since 2009 and some uninformed persons have the temerity of calling ASSU, a reservoir of academics and intellectuals, unprintable names over the ongoing strike.

FG, do the right thing joor!
God bless you dear
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by JoshTim: 10:06am On Sep 07, 2022
nwakibie3:

You are a foool if you can't find out yourself

Fool as your father who is broke and dying.
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by BATified2023: 10:39am On Sep 07, 2022
Jestin:
I finally agree with the comments that Tinubu supporters are brainless. You are sounding more more stupid right now. What is stopping ur messiah from presenting his certificate to the general public? Bleep off my mention
who is d brainless one here

U that believe someone can work in a multinational company without certificate

Many of u are just village miscreants who believe the same way things operate in their village is how it is worldwide
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Jestin: 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2022
BATified2023:
who is d brainless one here

U that believe someone can work in a multinational company without certificate

Many of u are just village miscreants who believe the same way things operate in their village is how it is worldwide
stop sounding desperate dude. The street of London is now village rit? Because that is where i am typing from. I asked a simple question and you refused to answer because of sentiments.Between the administration of Goodluck and Buhari, which was better ? Keep supporting ur ancestors while their children live a luxury life here . Ozuo
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by ArewaNorth: 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2022
divinehand2003:
"No work no pay" policy is not the major issue. ASUU is asking for implementation of the 2009 agreement which FG signed with them.

FG should always pursue that 2009 agreement and take it as a priority to implement it in all its totality instead of playing to the gallery.

No stupid govt will agree with this ridiculous, unrealistic agreement signed by deceptive leaders. This govt may be ineptitude but I like their courage for sticking to renegotiation of agreement that they can fulfill. This is a piece of the 51 page ASUU-FG 2009 agreement.

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by BATified2023: 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2022
Jestin:
stop sounding desperate dude. The street of London is now village rit? Because that is where i am typing from. I asked a simple question and you refused to answer because of sentiments.Between the administration of Goodluck and Buhari, which was better ? Keep supporting ur ancestors while their children live a luxury life here . Ozuo
your father na ozuo

Back to your question,both Jonathan n buhari were disasters that could have been avoided

I have never n will never defend buhari till I die cos I remember I warned all those gullible Nigerians then that Jonathan n buhari were clueless

If not that many Nigerians are stupid

How can a sane person believe someone can make 1 naira 1 dollar

How can a sane person believe an ex president doesn’t have money to buy presidential form

How can u claim sane n believe buhari doesn’t have house in Abuja

How can a sane person believe buhari doesn’t have money to buy milk even when his wife was wearing a 10 million naira watch n his children schooling abroad

The same way I warned people about buhari then is the same way I am warning people about peter obi now

The red signs are everywhere but trust emotional Nigerians they will always fall for herd mentality

The same way buhari fumbled in d 80 n they repackaged him is d same way peter obi fumbled in anambra n they are repackaging him again

In my own world I don’t believe in lose talk

I believe in records,achievements n not go n verify what I will not see

I have seen tinubu legacy countless time n I can testify to it

Tell me areas u believe Peter obi did better than tinubu as governor

1 Like

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by billagreen(m): 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2022
kingi777:
I think FG sees university lecturers as mere civil servants that is why they don't have regard for them. The truth is that for you to qualify to lecture in the university, you must develop your self by acquiring higher degrees such as MSc and PhD. Even though some people would say it doesn't matter, it costs a lot to do research especially for those in sciences due to dollar exchange rate as most of the reagents and equipment are imported. When you suffer to get this qualifications, they start paying you with meagre salary. I think ASUU has been listening to the cry of the masses by calling off the strike in the past without achieving anything. Somepeople are against ASUU getting decent pay by comparing them with civil servants that do not need research publications, conference attendance and higher certificates for promotion. A lecturer works all round the corner, both at night and weekends without rest. Most of them slump and die due to stress from overload of work duties. The truth is that most universities are understaffed and that’s why ASUU is asking for earn allowance due to over admission of students. I've been privileged to attend a conference in South Africa and I saw the cars/machines driven by lecturers and I was awed. They are really paid well. But I noticed in Nigeria, lecturers are no more proud of their work because of let down by even students as they can hardly buy decent cars or live in good neighbourhood. Universities are built every day but no provision of lecturer's quarters unlike in the 60s. Some enemies of education would also say what are the lecturers teaching, but nigerian graduates are doing wonderfully well in different parts of the world. They follow the NUC curriculum and are checked via accreditation. FG has to stop demoralising lecturers by paying them well so as to encourage them to concentrate and put in their best for the betterment of students. Why should an MSc holder working with TETFUND for eg be paid NGN700,000 as entry salary while a PhD holder starts with less than NGN130,000/140,000 in the university? Go to TETFUND and verify, you won't see children of nobody there; most of them are children of Senators, governors, ministers, emirs etc. Meanwhile, the TETFUND came through the effort of
ASUU o. Yet a professor earns less than NGN450,000 and the government feel good. Some say Fg don't have money so what's the rationale for spending billions on school feeding? The Fg is making the university unattractive and if care is not taken, education in Nigeria will be affected as it's only those who don't have a choice that would like to lecture as the best brains won't consider doing suffer head for nothing.

Just tell it out here where and what the scientific research has gotten us in Nigeria
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by mignone(f): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2022
Yureyes:
No. I want FG to resolve everything but not pay ASUU for the period they have been on strike.

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Wilson500: 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2022
FG and committee are like 5&6
If Adamu wants to build toilet in his village
he will set up 20-man committee
This useless committee will waste another 3 weeks and present an offer that ASUU will reject and the strike will continue
This is a ploy by FG to deceive students that they want to end the strike
Unless students wake up and subscribe to Vawulence, they will continue to remain at home eating 'mummy thank you'
because without Vawulence, man is nothing
Mad people everywhere undecided

1 Like

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Wwwq: 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2022
Oh
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by fohlarp: 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2022
Muhylonaire007:
OK.. This government just mumu. Public Office holders are taking massive salary home, political appointees like Bashir Ahmad (ma.d man) are getting over 1m as salary in a month, yet Educators are paid peanuts and their take home can not even take them home. What is the logic behind that?
God will punish this Nigerian government. We should all rise up against this political class, they have done enough!
All ds political big money started frm obasanjo's regime
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by leo2020: 9:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
It will be so disappointing if FG pays these rogues for the work not done
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by nwakibie3(m): 10:06pm On Sep 07, 2022
JoshTim:

Fool as your father who is broke and dying.

Lol....

My dad can feed your entire generations till eternity. I don't blame you I only blame china for making phones cheap and accessible for low lives and poverty striken nonentity like you.
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2022
Same problem we are seeing
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by LocalMan2(m): 12:11am On Sep 08, 2022
See where you people are always getting it wrong, you placed yourselves above others and secondly you always compare yourselves with the Senators. If politics was that easy why don't you leave the class room and join them?
Even you posting this rubbish, your own kids schooled abroad why you molest the innocent girls and extort the boys.
You people are heartless and wicked in capital letters.
You talked about research, what are your inventions? You all work around with titles and nothing to prove or to defend the title. You are part of the problem in the country.
Ordinary street yahoo boy will hack a Professor of computer science in Nigeria what a shame.
You guy are bunch of failures and fraud.
You talked about school feeding, it was created to facilitate employment but a vulture like you who wants to take double salary from the government will always look for ways to ridicule it.
You only talked about 2009 agreements, did you talked about your refusal on the IPPIS pay roll.
Karma will hunt you all, no matter how you will sugar coat your own side of the story.

kingi777:
I think FG sees university lecturers as mere civil servants that is why they don't have regard for them. The truth is that for you to qualify to lecture in the university, you must develop your self by acquiring higher degrees such as MSc and PhD. Even though some people would say it doesn't matter, it costs a lot to do research especially for those in sciences due to dollar exchange rate as most of the reagents and equipment are imported. When you suffer to get this qualifications, they start paying you with meagre salary. I think ASUU has been listening to the cry of the masses by calling off the strike in the past without achieving anything. Somepeople are against ASUU getting decent pay by comparing them with civil servants that do not need research publications, conference attendance and higher certificates for promotion. A lecturer works all round the corner, both at night and weekends without rest. Most of them slump and die due to stress from overload of work duties. The truth is that most universities are understaffed and that’s why ASUU is asking for earn allowance due to over admission of students. I've been privileged to attend a conference in South Africa and I saw the cars/machines driven by lecturers and I was awed. They are really paid well. But I noticed in Nigeria, lecturers are no more proud of their work because of let down by even students as they can hardly buy decent cars or live in good neighbourhood. Universities are built every day but no provision of lecturer's quarters unlike in the 60s. Some enemies of education would also say what are the lecturers teaching, but nigerian graduates are doing wonderfully well in different parts of the world. They follow the NUC curriculum and are checked via accreditation. FG has to stop demoralising lecturers by paying them well so as to encourage them to concentrate and put in their best for the betterment of students. Why should an MSc holder working with TETFUND for eg be paid NGN700,000 as entry salary while a PhD holder starts with less than NGN130,000/140,000 in the university? Go to TETFUND and verify, you won't see children of nobody there; most of them are children of Senators, governors, ministers, emirs etc. Meanwhile, the TETFUND came through the effort of
ASUU o. Yet a professor earns less than NGN450,000 and the government feel good. Some say Fg don't have money so what's the rationale for spending billions on school feeding? The Fg is making the university unattractive and if care is not taken, education in Nigeria will be affected as it's only those who don't have a choice that would like to lecture as the best brains won't consider doing suffer head for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by HolyPussy: 9:41am On Sep 08, 2022
LocalMan2:
See where you people are always getting it wrong, you placed yourselves above others and secondly you always compare yourselves with the Senators. If politics was that easy why don't you leave the class room and join them?
Even you posting this rubbish, your own kids schooled abroad why you molest the innocent girls and extort the boys.
You people are heartless and wicked in capital letters.
You talked about research, what are your inventions? You all work around with titles and nothing to prove or to defend the title. You are part of the problem in the country.
Ordinary street yahoo boy will hack a Professor of computer science in Nigeria what a shame.
You guy are bunch of failures and fraud.
You talked about school feeding, it was created to facilitate employment but a vulture like you who wants to take double salary from the government will always look for ways to ridicule it.
You only talked about 2009 agreements, did you talked about your refusal on the IPPIS pay roll.
Karma will hunt you all, no matter how you will sugar coat your own side of the story.

LocalMan don vex.

But na true Local man dey talk.

One thing wey dey always vex me for all these ASUU people be say dem think say dem be God.

Can you imagine someone wey never go work since February this year dey demand say na im right to receive the salary from that February reach August.

That is nothing but pure arrogance.

billagreen:
Just tell it out here where and what the scientific research has gotten us in Nigeria

No mind am abeg.

Im dey do im own research for inside im female students skirts but e dey think say we no know.
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by vivavik(f): 10:40am On Sep 08, 2022
kingi777:

Are you a lecturer? If No, then I'm impressed that you have first hand knowledge on what is going and, it shows people are understanding and know the plight of our Lecturers.
Your last paragraph was what my friend and i were discussing this morning, verbatim.
Bright brains are getting disinterested in lecturering, I initially wanted to do my PhD in Nigeria, as it is going, I'm losing interest and might seek for scholarship to Canada or the UK.

I just wish things will be different and the fed govt. Will get it right. Thank you for bringing light to what they are going through here.
Re: End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy by nwakibie3(m): 10:43pm On Sep 10, 2022
JoshTim:

Fool as my father who is broke and dying.

Fixed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" / The Owner Of Dowen College Hasn’t Called Me Till Now - Sylvester's Father Speaks / Federal Poly Bauchi Admission List

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.