Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower (33615 Views)

Blood Covenant: Late Bimbo's Brother Speaks On Her Refusal To Leave Her Marriage / Woman Asks Husband To Return Her Virginity And Standing Breasts For Divorce / My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by RichAbujaGuy: 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2022
Good that she embarrassed those freeloading wanting a free meal and drinks social scavengers. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by pointblank247(m): 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2022
Check her name well, it must be something like, Bose, Idowu, Olaliwaju,
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by Lightorder: 9:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
Rozross:
Not cool, she should understand that times are hard for some people . She should have at least appreciate their presence.
very COOOL ! Lagosians score 200% on that one . Full grown adults coming with their friends to a function without a needle. TOO BAD!

I don’t have problems when stingy people attend mine but I would rather not be there than be there empty handed. Lagosians are shameless
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by SirJerrie(m): 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2022
muzeze77:
Free loaders that just came to eat, it's right to tell them to leave , why attend a baby shower without a gift for the mother and baby
I don't attend people event without giving them something no matter how little, even when I gate crash
How on this planet earth do you feel it's right to tell them to leave?
Like howw??! sad
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by lordswill03: 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2022
But on a serious note, we Nigerians like doing that alot. We go to occasions empty handed which is not cool. At least go with a gift when attending an occasion, be it baby shower, wedding or even naming ceremony. Sha present something, even if na cash gift instead of flapping hands as if you went for a match past

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by Paulianfa(m): 11:29pm On Sep 09, 2022
Are u serious? What kind of playing is this?
This is so shameful
What about those that came with money nko, this woman is a witch sorry by that word.
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by NaBanga: 1:02am On Sep 10, 2022
dochenaj:
I am not talking about touching the wife. Why would someone assault their wife whether privately or publicly (irrespective of where they are) for what she said? That would be a very foolish man.

I mean just like the other lady refuted what the wife said by saying she was only joking. The husband could have also said the same thing, actually his body language showed he wanted to say it, but he must have advised himself against that.

Where in my post did say anything about ASSAULT? I said admonish. The African mentality is always to resort to physical violence. It was obvious the man was caught off guard and embarrassed. He was at a loss for words.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by Nobody: 1:49am On Sep 10, 2022
Tukaad:
She is very very Stupid
I am more concerned the way she was just snatching the MIC from those TALLER & OLDER than her. This one na devil representative
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 10, 2022
This was very funny to watch! cheesy
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by ubimagos: 5:24am On Sep 10, 2022
She should concentrate more on her safe delivery than looking for gifts from well wishers who are equally praying for her. Many seek for the gift she is carrying to no avail.
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by thatkindthing: 6:47am On Sep 10, 2022
Abegiii, this is mean sha
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by patrick100(m): 7:17am On Sep 10, 2022
There is a big difference between a social event and a fund raising!
Her understanding of social events like this is what she can get materially!
Too sad!
She does not know that people graze your occasion because they love you and want to celebrate you. Their presence, smiles, laughter and warm prayers are also contributions and sacrifices even more important than physical gifts.

She got it all wrong!

Gifts can never equate Love!
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by Ubanz: 7:55am On Sep 10, 2022
Na me give am belle? She dey craze.
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by Kingchineme6(m): 8:03am On Sep 10, 2022
Na food I come chop I no bring any gift oooooo grin grin grin
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by udomma1005(m): 8:36am On Sep 10, 2022
Richy4:

grin grin grin grin
She was hoping that well meaning individuals and friends might help her ministry cheesy...

But why would some one go to baby shower empty handed( is it that they don't know what they do there?)...
If they don't have and they were her close friends, they should have made an excuse and promised to come on child dedication... Instead of eating well cooked meal and walking way knowing fully well she was not father Christmas..
Not that I am supporting her approach though but people should learn to respect themselves...It's not every invite they must honour..
You said it all bro. Besides, the present economic hardship afforded Nigerians by this "Splendid" government of the day has gradually turned 'most' of us to lovers of freebies angry
There was a case of a stampede in a church where so many people died because free food & sundry was promised. Anytime I host an event, I'm meticulous about the number of invites I send out in order to be able to serve as best as I can, I don't envisage gifts, I take them as compliments, if any comes. grin
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by ibrocool(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2022
Klington:
Foolish woman.
How many people did she give anything when they were doing their own events

You can't reap where you did not sow.
You are very wise. If she had done well for others, I'm very sure they would have done the same.

What goes around, comes around.
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by Assurance12: 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2022
Assurance12:

No be juju be that. :[color=#000099][/color] shocked
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by Assurance12: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
[color=#000099][/color] Assurance 12:

God will help us in this end time.
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by PDemercado(m): 2:02am On Sep 15, 2022
The fact that the people showed up to that event should make her feel pleased but no, smh.
Re: Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower by encreed(m): 9:15am On Apr 13, 2023
Richy4:
Lets just blame it on the hormone... The way she was snatching the microphones left, right and centre... smiley
The money for the hall and food they served the guest, they should have used it to buy baby stuffs...The hall, the decorations and catering doesn't come cheap I guess...
It's understandable to feel frustrated with how the event was organized, especially if you feel that the money could have been better spent on more personalized items or practical items for the baby. However, it's important to remember that everyone has different priorities and ways of celebrating important milestones in their lives. It's possible that for the person organizing the event, having a memorable celebration with family and friends was important to them.

Blaming everything on hormones may not be fair, as there may be other factors at play as well. Instead, it may be helpful to communicate your concerns and priorities with the organizer in a respectful and understanding manner. This could lead to finding a compromise that meets everyone's needs and priorities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Grandma Needs Her Way Back Home - Help Her / Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea / My Husband Flogs Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.