Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,189 members, 7,974,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:37 PM

You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM (10370 Views)

Gtbank: Make A Bank Transfer Without Internet – USSD Code! No Token! / I Buy Used Atm,solar And Inverter Batteries / Gtbank Atm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by wakes: 11:12pm On Aug 11, 2011
good innovation from GTBank. The bank for the moment
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by WebSurfer(m): 11:59pm On Aug 11, 2011
atm is full try another
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by osa332003(m): 5:27am On Aug 12, 2011
good innovation in nigeria,pls make sureduring the process of paying in cash /withdrawing N.E.P.A those not strike,except they are installed in bank premises,in a country where there is no constant power supply i dont know how possible the service will be remdered all thesame my KUDOS goesto the bank for even thinking of how to make thelife of nigerians much more COMFORTABLE
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by isleman(m): 7:42am On Aug 12, 2011
Its great idea, but it will take me sometime before accepting it. I'd been defrauded several times via GTB. Most ATM frauds are via GTB. make i put money now, make one guy dey the other side just they collect my money make i believe say i don save, make i go there later make dem say dem no see my transaction. shocked shocked undecided
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Xfactoria: 9:20am On Aug 12, 2011
atasteve:

Good innovation from GTB.

This is not an innovation by GTB. Zenith and the defunct Bank PHB have had this kind of ATM at their head offices as pilot venues since 2010. I guess PHB stopped the idea in the wake of their crises.
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by otilowaju(f): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2011
Its indeed a good one but ,
isleman:

Its great idea, but it will take me sometime before accepting it. I'd been defrauded several times via GTB. Most ATM frauds are via GTB. make i put money now, make one guy dey the other side just they collect my money
[color=#990000][/color] I will also take my time - talking about Nigeria factor!!!
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Ben13: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2011
Hope machine errors can be detected. . .
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by denzel2009: 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2011
If they make the mistake of installing these machines in public places, they would be bombarded with customer complaints. These are generally built in bank premises to reduce the pressure on bank cashiers for those who wants to make small deposits. It doesn't make sense seeing people queueing in front of an ATM to deposit N1M in N20 notes.

Also, if you have to manually key in the account numbers on the machine, and not designing the machines to read the bank cards for the deposit, another rounds of customers hullabaloo.
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Meedu(m): 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2011
Not a new development, have been using this service with 1st bank since early this year, but its good to see more banks adopting the service
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by olasquare: 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2011
this is gud, i have waited for some times now to see naija banks offering this service, but it will be madness if the services is selected for few areas, then that is no more a creative innovation, i subscribe
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Anvaller: 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2011
denzel2009:

If they make the mistake of installing these machines in public places, they would be bombarded with customer complaints. These are generally built in bank premises to reduce the pressure on bank cashiers for those who wants to make small deposits. It doesn't make sense seeing people queueing in front of an ATM to deposit N1M in N20 notes.

Also, if you have to manually key in the account numbers on the machine, and not designing the machines to read the bank cards for the deposit, another rounds of customers hullabaloo.

You are right, Normally, the deposit machines are always inside the bank in all bank branches and some other safe designated points, unlike the usual cash machine that can be anywhere.

Concerning bad and mutilated notes, the machine will reject it just like it will reject fake notes. It is not advisable for anyone trying using the machine if you want to deposit bad notes. It  is better to do it manually otherwise, the machine selects only the good notes and leave all the bad notes for you. It is a good developemnt for Naija, at least it will reduce pressure on the banks and the customers.

We can also get to the level in the developed world where all deposits are made through machine but we have to advance to the level where most of our transactions are done electronically. That will put less pressure on our notes. That is the reason why their notes are naturally kept clean as it is shown in the picture. But I still think this is already a good development. I hope it is well managed.
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Sprumbaba: 7:12am On Aug 13, 2011
my savings in that machine? I will never use it.
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by kdidi: 5:41pm On Aug 13, 2011
I LUV GTB. Everything seems to be possible in GTB. KUDOS
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by NAJALYN: 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2011
A welcome development. Congratulations GT Bank.
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Bolarge1(m): 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2011
This is a welcome developement.

But i still wonder why people are still queing up in banks and designated pay centers to pay for DSTV, HI-TV, PHCN BILLS when they can easily pay right on your computer just as we browse on nairaland every time. visit www.quickteller.com just pay any customized bill with your ATM Card as you similarly pay for goods and services via credit card online.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apple Imac Screen Replacement In Nigeria / 3.5g Hsdpa Universal Modem Auction! / Swatch Wrist Watch Available!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.