Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:59 AM

My Husband Raped Me. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Raped Me. (1208 Views)

Shocking Response Nigerians Gave a Woman Whose Husband Raped Her 15yrs Daughter / Lady Narrates How Her Husband Raped Her Just Hours After Giving Birth (Pix) / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2022
A lot of people experience rape in marriage but are too ashamed to talk about it.
Have you ever heard about rape in marriage or have you ever experience it.

Sex is something we must talk about before going marriage.

Check this out for more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYaBqJ0zj4
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Kingozymandias(m): 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2022
angry
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Hollybratt(m): 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2022
Rape is bad
but Nigerians will not hear
IRMC

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by longetivity(m): 7:40pm On Sep 14, 2022
He paid ur dowry nah

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Chaos14: 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2022
If he didn't beat you he didn't rape you. if the man wants sex with his wife but she denies and he now goes and cheat. Please who is at fault? women win no matter what

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Aboks(m): 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2022
ⓘ ⓓⓞⓝ'ⓣ ⓤⓝⓓⓔⓡⓢⓣⓐⓝⓓ
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Helpout12345: 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2022
Another woke illusion. "My husband raped me. My wife raped me."

Everyone will get sense at last in this world.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2022
Hollybratt:
Rape is bad
but Nigerians will not hear
IRMC
a lot of people don’t talk about it.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 9:29pm On Sep 14, 2022
Aboks:
ⓘ ⓓⓞⓝ'ⓣ ⓤⓝⓓⓔⓡⓢⓣⓐⓝⓓ
that is why the video is there.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2022
Helpout12345:

it’s not woke illusion. You know sex without consent is rape right?

A lot of men and women don’t understand consent weather we’re married or not.

If you know the level of suffering people are undergoing you will not say it’s woke illusion.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 9:33pm On Sep 14, 2022
Aboks:
ⓘ ⓓⓞⓝ'ⓣ ⓤⓝⓓⓔⓡⓢⓣⓐⓝⓓ
the video will explain better.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2022
Chaos14:
If he didn't beat you he didn't rape you.
what is rape?
When I don’t consent to sex that is rape. When you force yourself on me that is rape. It’s not until you beat a person.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 9:36pm On Sep 14, 2022
longetivity:
He paid ur dowry nah
this is what people get worry. We’re married but you don’t own me. There is suppose to be communication where the two person agree to have sex not one person forcing himself on my because he is my husband. Sex without consent is rape.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by miccoy(m): 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2022
Wittyglam:
what is rape?
When I don’t consent to sex that is rape. When you force yourself on me that is rape. It’s not until you beat a person.

Rape should be outside marriage. If there is love, and submissiveness from the wife, there shouldn't be anything like rape.

Any marriage you hear the woman shouting my husband raped me. There were issues before the sexual act. If there is no beating, like someone already said, it's no rape! ( In marriage o).

Abi, make men too dey shout my wife wants to rape anytime we are not in the mood?!?!?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Helpout12345: 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2022
miccoy:

Rape should be outside marriage. If there is love, and submissiveness from the wife, there shouldn't be anything like rape.

Any marriage you hear the woman shouting my husband raped me. There were issues before the sexual act. If there is no beating, like someone already said, it's no rape! ( In marriage o).

Abi, make men too dey shout my wife wants to rape anytime we are not in the mood?!?!?

No mind am. This is why I call it woke illusion

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Hollybratt(m): 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2022
Wittyglam:
a lot of people don’t talk about it.
undecided
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Allison012: 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2022
He raped you. did he beat you? did he threaten to kill you if you tell anyone? if NO, then it's not rape.. A man can never rape his wife.never seen where it happened.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by cococandy(f): 11:22pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ignorant
Allison012:
He raped you. did he beat you? did he threaten to kill you if you tell anyone? if NO, then it's not rape.. A man can never rape his wife.never seen where it happened.
Helpout12345:

No mind am. This is why I call it woke illusion
miccoy:

Helpout12345:

Chaos14:
If he didn't beat you he didn't rape you.
longetivity:
He paid ur dowry nah

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by JohnOkolo: 11:36pm On Sep 14, 2022
Wittyglam:
it’s not woke illusion. You know sex without consent is rape right?

A lot of men and women don’t understand consent weather we’re married or not.

If you know the level of suffering people are undergoing you will not say it’s woke illusion.

Madam hope you know so many women can be so frustrating and deny their husbands their marital rites.

So far it's her husband, he did the right thing to have sex with her with or without her consent
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Fahvvy: 11:43pm On Sep 14, 2022
The guys above me sha undecided....
Spousal rape is a thing o!!!
Forget all this one you're saying...

If your wife consistently denies you sex please outsource asap, before you "collect your bride price" and end up behind bars undecided...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by ednut1(m): 3:28am On Sep 15, 2022
Report to the police if abroad, if in Nigeria there is nothing like rape in marriage. Na everything una go use do content

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Allison012: 6:14am On Sep 15, 2022
cococandy:
Ignorant
you are the ignorant one here. get married to understand what we are saying. thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 15, 2022
VAPP ACT:
Definition of Rape:
1. (1) A person commits the offence of rape if-
(a) he or she intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person with any other part of his or her body or anything else;
(b) the other person does not consent to the penetration; or
(c) the consent is obtained by force or means of threat or intimidation of any kind or by fear of harm or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act or the use of any substance or additive capable of taking away the will of such person or in the case of a married person by impersonating his or her spouse.

SECTION 357 criminal code.
“Any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl without her consent, or with her consent, if the consent is obtained by force or by means of threats or intimidation of any kind, or by fear of harm, or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act, or in the case of a married woman, by personating her husband, is guilty of an offence which is called rape.”

Impersonate means to pretend to be, the real husband cannot pretend to be himself.
Because of the limitations of the definitions of rape as applicable in Nigeria, a husband cannot rape his wife. Although NASS is currently trying to repeal the act to address its inadequacies.

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by miccoy(m): 7:21am On Sep 15, 2022
cococandy:
Ignorant

Madam that is full of wisdom! Quote any law that states there is rape in marriage in Nigeria. undecided

Is it not a shameful thing for a wife to open her and say her husband raped her?!

If he beats you, that one na domestic violence. Agreed! But rape, haba! It's his conjugal right.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Mindlog: 7:55am On Sep 15, 2022
miccoy:

Madam that is full of wisdom! Quote any law that states there is rape in marriage in Nigeria. undecided

Is it not a shameful thing for a wife to open her and say her husband raped her?!

If he beats you, that one na domestic violence. Agreed! But rape, haba! It's his conjugal right.

Rape is not "his conjugal right", if sex has become forceful in a marriage.....the best option is to end it as soon as possible because deep resentment has set in. Spouses' lives have been ended because of it, some of the perpetrators are facing their prison terms while many are going scot-free (I know some of them).

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by miccoy(m): 8:36am On Sep 15, 2022
Mindlog:

Rape is not "his conjugal right", if sex has become forceful in a marriage.....the best option is to end it as soon as possible because deep resentment has set in. Spouses' lives have been ended because of it, some of the perpetrators are facing their prison terms while many are going scot-free (I know some of them).

Kindly give one reference of a case of rape in marriage in Nigeria. The listening judge must be so bored!

How can you say your husband raped you for crying out loud. It's absord!

Sex in marriage is a right. There is no illegality to it. In marriage, nothing like forced sex. If that happens, it means the wife has refused to perform her conjugal duty, which in turn, the husband can have a case against her.

Religion, custom and even law approves and preaches submission in marriage.

Period!!!!
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Mindlog: 9:02am On Sep 15, 2022
miccoy:

Kindly give one reference of a case of rape in marriage in Nigeria. The listening judge must be so bored!

How can you say your husband raped you for crying out loud. It's absord!

Sex in marriage is a right. There is no illegality to it. In marriage, nothing like forced sex. If that happens, it means the wife has refused to perform her conjugal duty, which in turn, the husband can have a case against her.

Religion, custom and even law approves and preaches submission in marriage.

Period!!!!

It is not all about gra gra or customs that dictates a wife MUST always be available whenever the husband wants sex.

It is that "absurdity" that has led to some "unexplained" death of some men, while the surviving wife walk away free.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Acidosis(m): 9:19am On Sep 15, 2022
Rape in marriage means the use of force to get sex from one's partner. It is not the absence of consent. There's nothing like sexual consent in marriage. You consented to sex the moment you said your "I do's" (to a good man or a beast - it's your choice). Anyday you feel like withdrawing that consent, simply seek separation/divorce.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by beauty16: 9:20am On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
A lot of people experience rape in marriage but are too ashamed to talk about it.
Have you ever heard about rape in marriage or have you ever experience it.

Sex is something we must talk about before going marriage.

Check this out for more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYaBqJ0zj4
some men don't see anything wrong in having sex with their wife even without their consent they don't see it as rape they believe it's their right to do it whether she like it or not since they have pay for her bride price

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Acidosis(m): 9:24am On Sep 15, 2022
beauty16:
some men don't see anything wrong in having sex with their wife even without their consent they don't see it as rape they believe it's their right to do it whether she like it or not since they have pay for her bride price

You mean when she's not in the mood? What is consent?

(1) (Reply)

Marriage: The School That Doesn't Have A Graduate. / Civil Wedding Vows / How Will You Cope In This Type Of Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.