Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,233 members, 7,887,639 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:47 AM

UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets (80194 Views)

In Canada, Bodies Go Unclaimed As Costs Put Funerals Out Of Reach / Why North Korea 'Ghost Ships' Wash Up In Japan Full Of Dead Bodies (Pics) / Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by bhella10: 7:00am On Sep 17, 2022
georgeakins:

Who is the author and where can I get it, please?
Samuel Selvon. Check book shops. It's a very old book but you gonna love it.

2 Likes

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by bhella10: 7:01am On Sep 17, 2022
caye:

Read that book in around 1998-2000!

#classic
I read it in '97
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by ExudeLoveToAll: 7:01am On Sep 17, 2022
Ceenachi:
My uncle's name suppose dey there oo sad
He traveled to UK in 1967 and never returned

I really don't understand why people will travel and remain incommunicado with their family, can never understand.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Drsnives(m): 7:08am On Sep 17, 2022
Ceenachi:
Una don check gabon?
I saw someone likehim there

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Drsnives(m): 7:09am On Sep 17, 2022
Righthussle:
I no see my uncle name.
Who tell you say your uncle dea uk?
Person weh dea sudan dea hussle
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by tyinfinity: 7:15am On Sep 17, 2022
Peter obi drug friends in London will rush to sell his I'll gotten wealth
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by slimik: 7:23am On Sep 17, 2022
I weep for the black race and whiteman beliefs

Righteousness2:
That's the vanity of life. Nobody carries a pin to eternity.
Treat the things of this life with very Light Hands. Ensure you have the needful .
A Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ is the needful.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Cmanforall: 7:23am On Sep 17, 2022
Ceenachi:
Maybe he didn't buy property or his children have inherited them
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by faste: 7:27am On Sep 17, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
So many of them are from dysfunctional families , cut off links from their families and even Nigeria so they ended up like that.

For those trash-talking and cursing Nigeria from a foreign land today, same fate awaits you.

Your condescending curses on our land here is what our land will return to you in multiple folds and those curses will follow you to your grave. I read of a few of such hate-filled unpatriotic Nigerians overseas who died during covid 19 and got buried in unmarked graves with no trace by their families till date. smh.

The land of Ngeria will bless those who bless it and curse those who curse it. That curse will follow you around even if you travel to antarctica.
May God bless Nigeria my fatherland for ever!
Are people not dying in nigeria without trace daily?Stop talking spewing trash!
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Intrepid01(m): 7:36am On Sep 17, 2022
OnionBandit:
Mehn!

There is no way you can claim these properties without paying inheritance tax of 40% after deduction of any available nil rate band..and that is where I see a major problem. Hehe..The UK doesn't joke with inheritance tax, unlike Nigeria where you can inherit property worth billions and you have no tax to pay on them whatsoever.

Nigeria is a good country, we just don't know. All we need is a change of attitude..for we are all bad as a people

I mentioned nil rate band na, Mr oversabi..you and I know that most estates are worth more than the normal and resident nil rate band combined. Plus if it was left for the spouse which is exempt, the spouses would have been contacted and the owners names wouldnt have been published..talk another

Your submission that inheritance isn’t subjected to tax in Nigeria is not accurate. I recently lost a wealthy relative, before his family could access the will a percentage of the total value was set aside for the state, in line with the provision of the law. The only ones I know that can escape suck tax in Nigeria are those that died intestate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Softmirror: 7:48am On Sep 17, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
So many of them are from dysfunctional families , cut off links from their families and even Nigeria so they ended up like that.

For those trash-talking and cursing Nigeria from a foreign land today, same fate awaits you.

Your condescending curses on our land here is what our land will return to you in multiple folds and those curses will follow you to your grave. I read of a few of such hate-filled unpatriotic Nigerians overseas who died during covid 19 and got buried in unmarked graves with no trace by their families till date. smh.

The land of Ngeria will bless those who bless it and curse those who curse it. That curse will follow you around even if you travel to antarctica.

ABSOLUTELY!
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by josiah27: 8:04am On Sep 17, 2022
No wonder your name is Ode. Wale.
Odewaleadesoye:
Can't find my uncle's name embarassed embarassed
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by vikiphy89(m): 8:06am On Sep 17, 2022
blamingthedevil:
Na Yoruba Names full here, still they won't claim developer
Igbos wise pass Yoruba nah, no Igbo man go get property wey em next of kin no go know of, even if he dies he has people around that will take over, and let me educate you Igbos buys property with their sons name and not their name. All these abandoned estates are because he made no mention of it to any of his distant relative.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by georgeakins: 8:23am On Sep 17, 2022
bhella10:
Samuel Selvon. Check book shops. It's a very old book but you gonna love it.

Thanks
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Advancedman(m): 9:13am On Sep 17, 2022
God1000:
UK government should just sell everything and send us the money since their families are untraceable.

Nigerians and Africans still living in foreign countries should learn from this before its too late, we're all gonna croak someday and leave everything behind.

There is nothing to learn they rather leave their estate in good and sane hand than throw them away to devourer.

This reminds me of Abacha's loot that is still unknown.

Personally I don't think I will buy any property or save huge amount of money in another country.

Meanwhile I'm over the moon that Russia is losing badly in Ukraine, dictator Putin has finally made Russia a laughingstock, Russia will be ranked number 10 in the next global military power
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 17, 2022
A lesson to our people who Japan there, you worked so hard building wealth only for their govts there to claim it when you die.
And someone said it's cool and not a foolish thing to do.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Investortg: 9:32am On Sep 17, 2022
PerfectStranger:
Now Tinubu will rush and sell out his properties in London in case…
Practically if is some people now dem go auction am!
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Investortg: 9:41am On Sep 17, 2022
Mkelv0106:
Mehn, so all these assets will be claimed by the UK government then. This is how Ibori and some other politicians assets will be claimed by them too after sometime. All the politicians be making the UK government make easy money off of them, bcus they stole it from ordinary citizens. Hope one day, all Atiku properties in Dubai will not be seize too, since he lives in Dubai more than in Nigeria.
Reason whites are always at the opposite of what/who will better this country...we make them live good lives(machinary tools)
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Investortg: 9:51am On Sep 17, 2022
TheGift:

It's understandable that you didn't read the post, since you're FTC.
You see this one! FTC! they're the unhealthy noises of NL.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Investortg: 10:11am On Sep 17, 2022
BABANGBALI:
Omo see properties. How does one apply to be the next of king of one of them, so as to claim the property?
OGA BAT SABI AM if na the "Next of Kin" u mean.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Investortg: 10:29am On Sep 17, 2022
MT:

When someone passes and you go get letter of administration. I am not sure of the exact percentage again, but i think it is 10% of the inheritance that will be forfeited to the Govt. This is no hearsay, I witnessed few years ago.

Lawyers in the house can enlighten more.
Yea with the deceased DEATH CERTIFICATE.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Thefxchanger: 11:28am On Sep 17, 2022
emmabest2000:
The number 2 in the list
is it not FFK relative

FFK is a danm prodigal son grin

It’s ffk himself ...

He was working as informant for the security operatives while there and his identity got revealed to the cartel which led to him faking his death and tuning back to Nigeria ...

U can see it’s only his case that they didn’t publish his DOB
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by infogeneral: 11:30am On Sep 17, 2022
Vanity of life! You'll leave everything behind one day. The questions are what have you done with all you have? How many lives have touched. How many people have you helped?
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Drone95(m): 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2022
Nice gesture from the UK. Meanwhile in nigeria, banks will never call next of kin to inform them of some unclaimed funds .
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by DOM7: 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2022
Were property documents not sign with next of kin before? No insurance then in the so called developed nations? Wayo, orjori.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by pweeryambre: 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

This is somehow funny though.

check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by WilsonBright935: 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2022
The real interpretation of "VANITY UPON VANITY"
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by MrGerald(m): 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2022
blamingthedevil:
Na Yoruba Names full here, still they won't claim developer
So you didn't know what caused most of these cases? Bad marriage nurturing and family disconnections
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by starz100: 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2022
These are people who might have disconnected with their families long time ago. Some of them chose to live a solitary lifestyle,some may not have had children to inherit the properties and were reluctant to connect with family members. Life is all vanity
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by iamL(f): 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2022
Jehovah has picked some people call.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by SKIBiNSKI(m): 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2022
[quote author=AngelicBeing post=116739495][/quote] Who gives shit! grin I am not even from ya shithole naigeria. Whata fuul!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Earthquake Rocks Italy Amid Coronavirus Outbreak / Donald Trump Is Google Face Of "Idiot" (Photos) / Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.