Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,321 members, 7,881,182 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:58 PM

Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) (56417 Views)

The north begins strike as they stop movement of food stuffs to the south(pix) / The Kind Of Cow Rearers We Need In The South(pix) / El-Rufai Reacts As Beautiful Hausa Lady Shows Support For His Re-Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Billygee2u: 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2022
Totilopussylick:
grin that is how it is supposed to be

There's room for national consciousness and no space for tribal sentiments tongue
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by viodemus: 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2022
That's how it should be.

I think all states need to hire 50% of their commissioners from each zone.

I also think it would be fair if ministers of FG comes from every state. So if you have 100 appointments, 72 of that should have 2 people from every state, then the remaining should be presido's discretion. I think nigerian FG shouldn't have more than 100 posts. that is wasting money. even ambassadors should be 70 at most.

I also believe that voting for anybody in Nigeria, should be based on how long you have stayed and/or worked in a place, so if you are from say kano, and have been handling business or staying in imo for 5 months, in a verifiable address with all your data, then you are entitled to vote there or at another place you have stayed for 5 months, in a 18months span. You can only vote in one lga election, one governorship election - if you have stayed there for 1 year, and then preside if you have lived in Naija for 18months in a 4 year span.

That way, the lg and the SG, and even the presido will factor your vote, and be nice to all.
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Billygee2u: 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2022
God1000:
Good, they should please vote her.

This is the Nigeria I want to see, where a Yoruba man can contest for election in igboland and win, an igbo man can do the same in the north and an Hausa man can run for any office in igboland as well

Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by femicyrus(m): 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2022
God1000:

This is the Nigeria I want to see, where a Yoruba man can contest for election in igboland and win, an igbo man can do the same in the north and an Hausa man can run for any office in igboland as well

Tinubu is from iragbiji in osun state claiming to be from Lagos state.

Above is the chorus urchins are singing on social media as the reason he should not contest from presidency.

I also want to see a true Nigeria where state of origin will be abolished alongside the kingship/emirship/ezeship culture promoting tribalism
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Theunderman: 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2022
God1000:

Vote who, she's going no where, I'd its far north , they can't allow a southern who was born there to contest, Ayade is making this fulani people hv right in our state.
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2022
VictorDivine:
But hausa fulani will not let this happen in their north.

Igbo too won't allow it in their land and even when they are given such opportunity in a foreign land,they quickly label the land a "no man's land" ! Igbo are worse than the fulani, that's a fact !

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Bruno3000(m): 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2022
But that's the reality of things in Nigeria na. We can not just trust Muslims.
Okoroawusa:

I can't really place it but I think there is something wrong with your upbringing.

Clean your heart. It's too dirty for a person claiming to be religious.
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Geesaintagape: 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2022
Joke of the yr.
the people know fully well she has no hope for winning.
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Agugbadin: 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2022
VictorDivine:
But hausa fulani will not let this happen in their north.

Hausa is different from Fulanis, she is not Fulani but Hausa. Fulani PMB tribe are the ones causing the problem and division in the country. Se how polarized Nigeria has become in the past 7yrs.

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Espelbengz(m): 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2022
You are a very local man/woman and should be dwelling with pigs in gutters, what a narrative, do you know how many southerners live in the north and has won elective positions? What has Islam has to do with her emergence as a candidate in her party? Can u even contest for class rep in your class? Small boy or girl... To whom it may concern!!!

JASONjnr:
They've succeeded to enter Calabar....

Just like we have it in the North, very soon, they'll claim that Cross river is a Christian/Muslim state....

And like we have it in Lagos and Plateau, the Islamic fight will soon emerge....
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2022
It can never happen in the North
Obio4real:
By Obio Monday

Reactions have trailed the emergence of an Hausa lady, Hajia Amina Muhammed as the People's Redemption Party (PRP) house of assembly candidate for Calabar South 1 State Constituency, GRASSROOT REPORTERS reports.

Hajia Muhammed who was grew up and schooled in Calabar, Cross River State, will fly the party's flag in next year's election.

See reations on Facebook:
Richard Friday Inoyo "I don't know her or heard her speak. But, I love her audacity."

Ojah Ojah: "Kuku contest for governor is back to south"

Ani Akak: "This is how Nigeria is supposed to be. Fight on my dear sister. There is room for national consciousness and no space for tribal sentiments".

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2022/09/reactions-as-hausa-lady-hajia-amina-muhammed-emerges-assembly-candidate-for-calabar-south.html
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Dmacqh(m): 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2022
That’s new Nigeria but if she’s Fulani... Calabar people need to be careful. All the original Northern Hausa State are ruled by Fulani mercenaries. They hide behind religion (Islam) & displace original land owners.

Already they have filled & occupied everywhere in Nigeria through Hausa/Fulani. Yar’Adua, Buhari are Fulani. 2023, they have presented Atiku, Datti, Kwankwaso, and to an extent Shettima.

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Goke7: 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2022
Zeekaycn:
If she is a typical Hausa no problem but Fulani is a No!
Those people are the biggest problem of Nigeria go and verify.

I'm not a religious bigot but the body language of most Muslims in Nigeria especially those who claimed they have the most voting power obviously shows they ain't joking with their religion. To them every thing that should happen in and to Nigeria must favour their religion first. I pity for Christians.

You all think the hate on Ibos is about tribe? Hell No. It's the difficulty to penetrate with their religion through that region. The same way Muslims in general don't like Strongest Christians Nation like Israel and US. Read carefully their statements and body language.

Shame on you! Buy you won't mind an Igbo person taking up a political position in the North or west
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Goke7: 1:18pm On Sep 17, 2022
Dmacqh:
That’s new Nigeria but if she’s Fulani... Calabar people need to be careful. All the original Northern Hausa State are ruled by Fulani mercenaries. They hide behind religion (Islam) & displace original land owners.

Already they have filled & occupied everywhere in Nigeria through Hausa/Fulani. Yar’Adua, Buhari are Fulani. 2023, they have presented Atiku, Datti, Kwankwaso, and to an extent Shettima.

Should we not be careful about the igbos filling up everywhere too? Hypocrites
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Goke7: 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2022
OROSUNBOLB:

Igbo too won't allow it in their land and even when they are given such opportunity in a foreign land,they quickly term the land a "no man's land" ! Igbo are worse than the fulani, that's a fact !

Very true

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by mastermaestro(m): 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2022
tishbite42:

Which tolerance
Why is Sabon-gari not a LGA?!

Don't mind his ignorance. He doesn't know the difference between doing private business and gunning for political power. Islam spreads through seizure of political power. That's why it is very dangerous to share your regional/local political powers with those folks.
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Goke7: 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2022
43Ronin:

Not only igbos if you look at most western countries there is a serious apathy to Islam because of what it brings along with it- terrorism/disregard for rule of law. As long as you are Muslim you are not getting any vote in SE or SS not because of tribe but because of religion. If Islam was as peaceful as christianity thered be relative peace.

Indeed grin a land where kumuyi and adeboye where threatened not to hold crusade. Una own kind of Christianity get k leg abeg.
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by GreatAxeMan: 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2022
No space for sentiment until it comes to Southerners/Christians competing in the North. They must think everyone else is as unintelligent as they are

Totilopussylick:
grin that is how it is supposed to be

There's room for national consciousness and no space for tribal sentiments tongue
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by ArewaNorth: 1:29pm On Sep 17, 2022
JASONjnr:

Just like we have it in the North, very soon, they'll claim that Cross river is a Christian/Muslim state....

And like we have it in Lagos and Plateau, the Islamic fight will soon emerge....
Myopic, mentally inferior who can't grow beyond ethno-religious bigotry. May u get healed!

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by hramenkovalewka(m): 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2022
Congratulations.
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Goke7: 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2022
franchasofficia:
Yoruba men should please relocate to Anambra in their numbers and join in developing Anambra state by investing in Onitsha main markets, Awka markets, building material markets, by building schools, houses for rents, hotels, bars, filling stations, night clubs, industries, mechanic workshops, logistics companies, shopping malls, boutiques, babbing salons, real estate companies, spare parts retailing shops, pos centers, Transport companies, fast food restaurants, oil firms, manufacturing industries, farms, etc in Anambra and watch how Igbos will massively support them to rule Anambra.

Or do you expect Governor Soludo to provide free luxurious buses that will go to Osun, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo, etc to pickup Yoruba people to Anambra and appoint them into his cabinet? shocked

Oga nothing dey east wey go attract yoruba people there. If there was nothing in places like Lag, ogun and oyo, igbos will not be there in their numbers. Cost of living in the west is even cheaper than in the east which continue to make the west pull more people there. Doesn't make economic sense for people to migrate to where their hard earned money wil be totally wasted and life unbearable. Finally when a yoruba man wants to aspire higher in terms of luxurious living, the east can never be a consideration. Na to japa or go to places like Abuja or pH to chop oil money to flex

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by simplesearch: 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2022
This is noteworthy. But if it's Northerners they'll sometimes want to compel you to embrace their religion to occupy positions you're duly entitled for. First hand report, when Atilu was promoted to head custom I was authoritatively informed he wasn't the next in line, the next in line was a southerner and far well read than Atiku, who perhaps has only diploma certificate as his highest qualification then. The southern man was told to change his religion in exchange, but since he couldn't do that and also couldn't stand Atiku a junior officer becoming his boss and given him order, he has to resign. Northerners are more guilty, when it comes to matters of intolerance, nepotism and playing ethnic card.
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by codesty: 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2022
cheesy
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by 43Ronin: 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2022
Goke7:

Indeed grin a land where kumuyi and adeboye where threatened not to hold crusade. Una own kind of Christianity get k leg abeg.

Yes and it is good like that. You want to hold crusade in a land where there's violence and attacks. Let kumuyu & adeboye go to bornu for crusade nau. Abu sambisa no need prayers
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2022
See how hatred have destroy you.
Is ISRAEL A CHRISTIAN NATION?

ISRAEL is Jews, about 75%, islam 14% christian is about 5 % .

Even USA is not christian nation. Majority of USA has no religion.
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Backpedal: 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2022
Okealaaye:

Who feels it knows it, bro. I have a personal experience much different from your opinion.

Stop peddling falsehood

I have family members who were not rented apartments by landlords because they were Igbo

In this Lagos
Yoruba people as landlords

That's their own experience too...

Does it mean that every Yoruba person is a hopeless bigot ?
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2022
God1000:

Unfortunately, every other tribe can run for political positions in other lands, but not Igbo land. Igbos think they are the best in everything.
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Backpedal: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2022
Goke7:

Oga nothing dey east wey go attract yoruba people there. If there was nothing in places like Lag, ogun and oyo, igbos will not be there in their numbers. Cost of living in the west is even cheaper than in the east which continue to make the west pull more people there. Doesn't make economic sense for people to migrate to where their hard earned money wil be totally wasted and life unbearable. Finally when a yoruba man wants to aspire higher in terms of luxurious living, the east can never be a consideration. Na to japa or go to places like Abuja or pH to chop oil money to flex

Nothing dey east for Yoruba indeed

But na dem full relief and Ochanja market

Even Nnewi

When you are well travelled (with an unbiased mind).
You will know the country is more diverse than you think
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by rummmy: 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2022
Oshodipikin:
This is blasphemy if it were to be in Kano.
don't mind the idiots....
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Youngzedd(m): 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2022
Okoroawusa:

I can't really place it but I think there is something wrong with your upbringing.

Clean your heart. It's too dirty for a person claiming to be religious.

In a sane clime, this is commendable but,do not forget say na like this Fulanis take enter Hausa people. Till today, Hausa people have not recovered. They suddenly woke up, now they are fighting each other.

Watch the BBC documentary on Zamfara crisis.

He that eats with the devil need use long spoon.

I wish there's no hidden motive.

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by streetsoldier1(m): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2022
God1000:

You can't even buy land in the east let alone contest
Re: Reactions As Hausa Lady Emerges Assembly Candidate For Calabar South (Pix) by Mummiesboy: 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2022
JASONjnr:

Oneness, that's what we all prayed for. Wish her best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Schools To Be Commissioned By Dino Melaye Burnt In Kogi. Photos / PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS CURRENT STANDINGS (UPDATED -31/03/2015, 5.53pm) / Benue Road Leading To Ayu’s House Named After Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.