Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:46 AM

Facebook CRIME ; My Truelife Experience On Saturday 1st OCT. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Facebook CRIME ; My Truelife Experience On Saturday 1st OCT. (323 Views)

Obituary: Timothy Adegoke To Be Buried On Saturday (Photo) / Crime – My Friend Is Threatening To Kill Me / Darkness Falls When An Angel Met A Devil On Facebook..crime Scene Sold To Cover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook CRIME ; My Truelife Experience On Saturday 1st OCT. by Aliyu55: 5:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
What has driven me to create this thread and what i intend to achieve thereafter ;

Inform/enlighten Facebook Users with their social detail prints imbedded all over social media and are carefree to online security{s}.

The pattern of scam employed the professionalism and potency of this crooked plan.

Finally to condemn and blatantly disassociate myself from this premeditated scam orchestrated by these unknown ID thieves.

My birthday was 27th September 2022 and on Facebook whenever it is anybody's birthday all manner of people both people we know in person, people we used to know far back , people we cant remember and people you do not even know at all at all will chat you, tag you, mention you et' al.

One elderly lady i grew up knowing in my neighborhood in Port Harcourt had on my birthday on 27th sent me a short and well composed birthday prayer and wishes which looked like she took her time to compose and send me from her heart. i thanked her and moved on.

fast forward to 1st OCT she messages me again Saturday morning , days later and be like "send me your mobile number , somebody will send you a birthday gift it is from me". I thought to myself, them still dey send people birthday gift as Nigeria dey?. Saturday night my phone rings,@11:23PM. I look and see this mobile number 08141839581 calling.

CALL TRANSCRIPT AS FOLLOWED;
ME: HELLO GOODEVENING

SCAMMER: (in a very cheerful manner, like a customer care agent he spoke) HELLO GOODEVENING , HOW ARE YOU TODAY, SORRY I CALLED THIS LATE I AM MEANT TO DELIVER YOUR BIRTHDAY GIFT TO YOU , (as we were on the line communicating i felt my mobile vibrate , i was sure a text message had just entered) , HE SAYS DID YOU JUST RECIEVE THE CODE?

ME: YES I DID

SCAMMER: PLEASE CALL THEM TO ME

ME: 526036

SCAMMER: CORRECT , YOUR GIFT HAS BEEN SENT TO YOU , HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ARREARS ONCE MORE.

ME: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU

He ends the call, i go and check my SMS with elated mood i can see FACEBOOK as the sender it read " your FACEBOOK CODE IS 526036". I didn't think much at first and didn't stress about it.

sunday morning OCT 2nd Amina calls me, "bro youve been hacked , check your facebook youve been hacked"

to be continued.....

(1) (Reply)

How People Being Force To N500 To Support Tinubu In Lagos, Watch The Full Video / Enugu-nsukka Road: ‘enough Is Enough’ – Ohanaeze Fumes Over Abduction Of UNN / Nigerian Student Who Abandoned School Is Jailed For Smuggling Drugs In Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.