Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:18 AM

Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? (896 Views)

Woman Scams Jude Olabayo Veracruz In Kenya With Raila Odinga's Name / Father Of Jude Oguejiofor, Slain Anambra Lawyer, Falls And Dies / Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? by emirofkabul(m): 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2022
The story made the front page yesterday but looking at it critically it looks like something is not adding up and here is why :

The Guy is pulling tens of thousands of dollars every month on average but there are a lot of variables to this thing.

First of all, Nigeria is a developing country (CPM comes to play here), the guy said he makes video about politics and corruption (seriously how many people in Nigeria are really interested in that), lastly the dude is relatively obscure.

Now which begs the question how is that possible, now do not think for a second that I'm taking side with the mediocre anti corruption agency but certainly there are things we are not seeing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? by ivolt: 2:57pm On Oct 06, 2022
emirofkabul:
The story made the front page yesterday but looking at it critically it looks like something is not adding up and here is why :

The Guy is pulling tens of thousands of dollars every month on average but there are a lot of variables to this thing.

First of all, Nigeria is a developing country (CPM comes to play here), the guy said he makes video about politics and corruption (seriously how many people in Nigeria are really interested in that), lastly the dude is relatively obscure.

Now which begs the question how is that possible, now do not think for a second that I'm taking side with the mediocre anti corruption agency but certainly there are things we are not seeing.

You have a point, some of those monthly earnings are impossible.

I checked his channel where he posted his "efcc victory" video
and he couldn't possibly have such earnings from the low views on his channel.
In fact, his recent Youtube videos is the most popular on his channel ever with about 2K
views last I checked.

The only explanation is that he runs several other more successful youtube channels.
Which begs the question as to why he wasn't cross-promoting them.

Or maybe he also operates multiple successful adsense blogs.

As to being obscure, that doesn't count, there are several obscure people earning big
with adsense.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? by emirofkabul(m): 3:09pm On Oct 06, 2022
ivolt:

You have a point, some of those monthly earnings are impossible.

I checked his channel where he posted his "efcc victory" video
and he couldn't possibly have such earnings from the low views on his channel.
In fact, his recent Youtube videos is the most popular on his channel ever with about 2K
views last I checked.

The only explanation is that he runs several other more successful youtube channels.
Which begs the question as to why he wasn't cross-promoting them.

Or maybe he also operates multiple successful adsense blogs.

As to being obscure, that doesn't count, there are several obscure people earning big
with adsense.

He only mentioned the YouTube channel whether he has other blogs or not that a moot point, all I know is that he can't be pulling such amount discussing politics and corruption online I mean there is a reason why most young folks wanna do comedy, c'mon.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? by saladinnoir: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2022
emirofkabul:

I've also had this thought but if i had posted on the initial thread I'd probably be e-lynched
Re: Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? by saladinnoir: 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2022
emirofkabul:

I've also had this thought but if i had posted on the initial thread I'd probably be e-lynched. On the picture of his adsense reciept it said he earned 30k dollars per month, the average American makes about 50k per year. Yes, there's something suspicious here.
Re: Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? by saladinnoir: 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2022
emirofkabul:

I've also had this thought but if i had posted on the initial thread I'd probably be e-lynched. On the picture of his adsense reciept it said he earned 30k dollars per month, the average American makes about 40 to 50k per year. Yes, there's something suspicious here.
Re: Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? by GeneralPula: 11:53pm On Oct 06, 2022
The story get as e be..
Re: Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? by wirinet(m): 10:18am On Oct 07, 2022
saladinnoir:

I've also had this thought but if i had posted on the initial thread I'd probably be e-lynched. On the picture of his adsense reciept it said he earned 30k dollars per month, the average American makes about 40 to 50k per year. Yes, there's something suspicious here.
There is something suspicious that EFCC could not bring any charge?

There is something suspicious and he won EFCC both at the high Court and at the appeal court?

It's you guys that encourage the brazenness by which EFCC and other security agencies trample on the fundamental rights of Nigerians.

You think if he was actually a yahoo boy, will he not find it easier paying EFCC off with a few tens of dollars instead of wasting tens of millions in court case?

Just pray, that it will not be your turn soon, because what goes around comes around.

The EFCC does not have the right to detain him beyond 48 hours.

The EFCC does not have the rights to block his account and seize his properties without a court injunction

The EFCC does not have have the rights to search his house without a court warrant.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? by emirofkabul(m): 11:54am On Oct 07, 2022
wirinet:

There is something suspicious that EFCC could not bring any charge?

There is something suspicious and he won EFCC both at the high Court and at the appeal court?

It's you guys that encourage the brazenness by which EFCC and other security agencies trample on the fundamental rights of Nigerians.

You think if he was actually a yahoo boy, will he not find it easier paying EFCC off with a few tens of dollars instead of wasting tens of millions in court case?

Just pray, that it will not be your turn soon, because what goes around comes around.

The EFCC does not have the right to detain him beyond 48 hours.

The EFCC does not have the rights to block his account and seize his properties without a court injunction

The EFCC does not have have the rights to search his house without a court warrant.

Man, I am not siding with the efcc, infact on the contrary but let deal with fact.

Facts are stubborn thing, the guy makes videos on politics, human right and corruption in Nigeria (a developing country) where most millennials are only interested in entertainment, c'mon this dude ain't Hasan picker talking about US foreign policy, energy security and whatnot.

Now I know a Nigerian lady that makes videos about event in the US stuffs like Reaction on the rescue of Jessica Buchanan, Star Spangled banner (The Story), Why no one mess with America and from the comment section you could deduce that the folks watching are Westerners mostly Americans, now if the lady is pulling in such amount of Money I'd say it ok.

Lets be realistic here.
Re: Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? by emirofkabul(m): 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
Folks are misinterpreting my point of view, I am not siding with the EFCC or any law enforcement agency arresting suspect base on a hunch, what am saying is that his story is not really adding up - can't really make sense of it.

If it was the FBI and he is clean no one will bother him, heck if he is shaddy and there is no evidence to prove that, he walks.

But I feel there is more to the information he is putting out there.

Nlfmod, Seun please let more folks see this.
Re: Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? by wirinet(m): 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2022
emirofkabul:

Man, I am not siding with the efcc, infact on the contrary but let deal with fact.

Facts are stubborn thing, the guy makes videos on politics, human right and corruption in Nigeria (a developing country) where most millennials are only interested in entertainment, c'mon this dude ain't Hasan picker talking about US foreign policy, energy security and whatnot.

Now I know a Nigerian lady that makes videos about event in the US stuffs like Reaction on the rescue of Jessica Buchanan, Star Spangled banner (The Story), Why no one mess with America and from the comment section you could deduce that the folks watching are Westerners mostly Americans, now if the lady is pulling in such amount of Money I'd say it ok.

Lets be realistic here.

You seem to be supporting "guilty until proven guilty" doctrine of EFCC and Nigerian security agencies. You are simply speculating without even any criminal accusation not to talk of conviction. The EFCC never charge the guy with any accusation. He was interrogated for by EFCC officials for dozens of hours, he was asked to bring documents supporting his claims of earning his income mainly from YouTube. His laptop and phones were searched,his house was searched. All his friends and associates were arrested and interrogated.
To confirm if his claims are true is very easy and elementary. You can check on socialblade for his YouTube earnings.
All his transactions are on record in his various accounts. They can easily get in touch with people and organizations that credited his accounts.
Don't you think if EFCC found something they would have charged him to court?

Please stop being negative and learn to embrace positivism. This young man should be a role model for many youth, who endured great sacrifice to defend his fundamental human rights.
Re: Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? by wirinet(m): 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2022
emirofkabul:
Folks are misinterpreting my point of view, I am not siding with the EFCC or any law enforcement agency arresting suspect base on a hunch, what am saying is that his story is not really adding up - can't really make sense of it.

If it was the FBI and he is clean no one will bother him, heck if he is shaddy and there is no evidence to prove that, he walks.

But I feel there is more to the information he is putting out there.

Nlfmod, Seun please let more folks see this.

Are you insinuating that the FBI would arrest a person, incarcerate him indefinitely and seize his money and properties all without charging the person to court?
Re: Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? by emirofkabul(m): 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
wirinet:

Are you insinuating that the FBI would arrest a person, incarcerate him indefinitely and seize his money and properties all without charging a person to court?

LOL, still misinterpreting me.

FBI wouldn't search your house without a warrant from a court, that protocol.

But Nigeria is a lawless state so anything is possible, i do not like the way that guy rights was trampled but c'mon we are talking about an agency that invested little in forensics and other technologies, folks who use torture to extract confession from a suspect, much isn't expected.

But what I'm saying is the dude might not be completely forthcoming.
Re: Do You Think Jude Bella Story Is Adding Up ? by Ineedhustle247: 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2022
If you know how much seun was making a day on NL through Google AdSense, you go calm down Bros.
It's all about the traffic basically Boss

(1) (Reply)

Man Destroys Range Rover He Buys For Lover For Cheating On Him (watch Inside Lif / UNN Student Hospitalized After Lecturer Allegedly Broke Her Head With A Stone / Police Arrest Runaway Sponsor Of 'Awka' Nude Women Protesters, Jeff Nweke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.