Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,238 members, 7,880,893 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:46 AM

Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? (33743 Views)

How i was able to stop dating women below my standard / Why Do I Keep Dating Women Below My Standard / Should I Take The Risk And Invest In My Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by udomma1005(m): 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2022
satandeterrible:

Poor, broke bastard.
Go and make your own money and worry less about how anyone chooses to display their affluence.
No be you or your stupid papa make the money for them.
Animal.
Very very insignificant dunce!
Bet you don't have a father, you would argue out your folly without parental inclusion!
Your father, sorry to intimate you, can't sit close to my father, if the need arises. Do your findings, please.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by TheExclusive: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2022
Ok12345:
If you marry her,don't ask her what she is bringing to the table oo.
She is giving you virginity, be contented.

All women are the same after several years in marriage, educated or not
We go still show you winchi winchi, no woman is totally calm or submissive once the kids starts rolling in.
Just that the educated one will make you achieve your dreams faster if you guys work together in marriage.

For me oo,I won't marry a man with half baked education.

Choose your poison wisely

I find the bolded very interesting but how true could it be?
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Karlifate: 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2022
seanwilliam:
@ ebenman , Honestly , I will advice you not to settle for less. Marriage is not something you do out of pity. If she’s not your type , you will lose attraction soon.

Don’t settle for less or bend your rules for women. Trust me if the table is turned she will never risk it with you . It’s not you being wicked that’s the reality .

Her being a virgin might be as a result of the fact that she’s an average ( ugly girls have lesser guys chasing them and she knows she’ll lose in two ways if she loses her virginity and still kon wor wor Join ).

Although I respect women with virginity especially 20 plus. For this naija.

One of the reasons why she wants OP to delete all female friends, colleagues, business partners & whatnots.

She's insecure that she'll lose him, and it might take a while to get someone like him.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Karlifate: 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:
I have received a lot of bashing.

I guess I didn't really explain the situation well, so a lot of people didn't really get my points.

This lady in particular mum is late. Her dad is battling with stroke.

I stay in a 3-bedroom flat as a bachelor in a high-income area while she, her dad, and 3 other siblings stay in a room and parlor in a low-income area. I fear that one day her family will tell her sis and bro to come and start staying with us if we end up together since they will feel we live in a 3-bedroom flat.

More so, her yearly income is always not up to my monthly income.

She is not the First Lady to show interest in me. I asked her why is she interested in me, and she said that I don't drink, smoke, gamble, or womanize. I am always focused.

In essence, I am also a standard.

You are aware of all these, yet still wallow in scarcity mindset.

Move on! Keep praying & open your eyes, you'll see the one that fit into your standard.

Don't let anyone guilt trip you into what you're not convinced of, deep down your heart.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Karlifate: 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2022
waititi:
yehn yehn yehn yehn. A real man goes for the one he loves. -did you read love in anything op wrote?? You are what is wrong with men. With women believing they can do whatever they want to us ,if the guy wasn't well off the lady would not even give a hoot about him but oh just cause she showed interest (despite his warning) you in your infinite stupidity thinks he should drop all his standards and settle for her. SIMP!

Leave them.

When it comes to romance/love relationship:

Women are rational, but men become emotional.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Karlifate: 10:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
Bassmetrics:
Dear Op, marriage itself is a risk. This is a perfect case with my closest friend. All d picture u painted above were similar. In his case, d guy (a graduate n financial stable) lowered his standard to even marry a sec sch drop out from a poor home. D girl later showed him pepper.His Inlaw turned him to a cash-cow. As I type this, he is separated from his wife.

But note, everybody can't be same. It didn't work for him don't mean it won't work for u. Just follow ur heart

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by generalwo(m): 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2022
waititi:
mumu . I sha Know say your sense no dey work. infinite idiot
..... Thief pikin
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Montaque(m): 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2022
satandeterrible:

Go and marry her na.
Mumu
I am married. And I didn't advise him to marry her. I only analysed all the issues so he can make an informed decision. You should compensate the education your parents spent their earnings to give you rather than invectives
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by oluwafemiabioye(f): 12:19am On Oct 10, 2022
AfroKnight:
Ebenman don’t be deceived.

She is playing the long con. She has an endgame in sight and it is not going to be sweet smelling roses, trust me.

You see this insult you have given her several times (that she’s not your standard)? She intends to make you pay for saying that. No be everything you go dey tell woman. Filter your words.

End things with her. She is pretending to be humble. When she has you where she wants you, you will pay.

A word is enough.

Bros. Pls why did you say this?

It's very important
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by AfroKnight: 6:41am On Oct 10, 2022
oluwafemiabioye:

Bros. Pls why did you say this?

It's very important

Cos nobody will hear those degrading words and let it slide just like that. He said hurtful things to her. The normal reaction would be to leave him with her dignity intact.

Her decision to stay despite the verbal abuse shows a plot to make him eat those words. There are some insults you don’t speak out loud unless you are ready for the consequences.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by emperorventure4(m): 7:38am On Oct 10, 2022
Helpout12345:
OP, out of the issues you have with her "standard", I think major ones are the education level and physical attraction. The age is not that far from your preference.

You said she is a Virgin, a good person and loyal to you.

1. Put her loyalty and love to tests to be very sure she is not coming after you because of your money and status. It's always difficult for good men with money to filter our genuine ladies in their relationships because even the likes of online misandrists looking for husbands will pretend to be good women when they meet a man with money and status. To do this, take away benefits you give her now for sometime, pretend like you lost your job and struggling financially for sometime and watch her reactions.

2. Being a Virgin does not guarantee a good character and good woman in marriage. You have to watch her character beyond the virginity stuff. Does she really have good character and good heart? You also need to find ways to find her true character and her true mind. To do this, follow her on social media to follow her comments, watch her reactions and comments on real life situations happening around you both, watch different Nigerian movies together and spark discussion over the happening in the movies. Most times, women get carried away in movies and pour out their true minds during the movies.

3. If she is good based on 1 and 2 above, and the fact that she is a virgin in this century, then you have find a good one. Please don't lose her because you might never find another close to her again in your lifetime.

4. Education status can be improved. She can enroll in a university online or distance learning to upgrade herself to become a graduate you want. But I must warn you, marry her before you sponsor her in education. Don't ever sponsor education of a girl friend with hope that she will marry you in return.

5. On the physical attraction, I know you cannot change her height. To enhance your attraction, tell her how you want your woman to dress and appear but be careful not to body-shame her.

6. It's not wise to tell boy or girlfriend, they are not "your standard". It's demeaning and can make them hold resentment for you if it eventually works out between you both.

Summary, be careful not to lose a good woman because of minor standards that you can improve or enhance to have a happy home.

Wow, I am amazed I did not want to comment but this advice stood out. Op if you are still reading kindly follow this advice. This is wisdom at its purest

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Samdeejay100(m): 7:41am On Oct 10, 2022
@Op what I see about you is that you are proud, so sorry to say, there is a big difference between having standard and being proud, you just keep shouting standard but all I see is proud...

I even wonder how you end up with her in the first place....

If you can endure all of her family things go ahead, if not just tell the babe hoha and let her know....
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Bassmetrics: 10:08am On Oct 10, 2022
[quote author=Karlifate post=117422702][/quote]

No be say I hear; e happened b4 my very eyes
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Princeadex325: 11:18am On Oct 10, 2022
Give me her number
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by karkinase(m): 11:24am On Oct 10, 2022
Ebenman:
I meant a lady 3 months ago. After we talked, she began to show interest in me, but she wasn't my standard, so I wasn't feeling the same way.

My standards are:
1. At least she must be a graduate
2. She should be self-sufficient (earning something reasonable)
3. At most 5-6 age difference between us
4. Looking calm and understandable
5. She must be an average-height lady

This lady, in particular, is an NCE holder, working as a teacher, earning little because of her level of education. She is just in her early 20s, and I am almost 8 yrs older than her. She is from a poor background and has 2 other younger siblings. She is also not tall and looks like an average girl.

She is very decent (a virgin) and loyal to me. I have told her severally that she is not my standard and I wasn't interested in her, but she refused to listen and began to feel very insecure. Maybe because I earn well and she knows I will soon get married.

She now comes to my house almost every weekend because I am very accommodating. Recently she has been telling me to delete the pictures of other females friends, in which I asked her on what grounds I should do that.

Note: I don't want to invest in a lady that is not my wife, and I am afraid her family will see me as a rich guy from which her other siblings can benefit if I proceed with her.

Should I block every contact with her, or should I forget about standards and risk and look at the good side?

Please advice

Don’t settle for less man..
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by BanyXchi: 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2022
How do you know she's a virgin
Ebenman:
She is a virgin, I confirmed.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by BRATISLAVA: 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2022
kacglobal:

At this point I leave u to yourself. Cus am still wondering why you had to put my sisters and mothers into this discussion.

Me I no dey follow ppl like you talk. Ppl that can't keep things clean without insults.

There's no insult. We are simply working with facts you provided that that's how women are. If so, it's a blanket.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by dochenaj: 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2022
Sammy101111:
At this era once a man comment she is a virgin you are big simp for God sake ( can’t you Mumu men wake up ) if you like meet your babe virgin that one no mean say she no go cheat or beep another nigga . Just pray for a good woman

Virgin as nothing to do in Nigeria constitution anymore
Don't deceive yourself. An averagely looking woman in her mid 20's that is still a virgin with the level of depravity we have where over 50% of girls have lost their virgin before finishing secondary school is a big deal.

The truth is that, even if she is below average beauty it is still a wonder considering that men will chase anything in skirts irrespective of how ugly the lady is.

A virgin in her 20's is a sign of discipline, restraint, and dignity. And the odds of such a woman cheating in a marriage while not zero is so little compared to the ones who have sampled all kinds of dick.

So don't deceive yourself, that virginity status doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by oluwafemiabioye(f): 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2022
AfroKnight:

Cos nobody will hear those degrading words and let it slide just like that. He said hurtful things to her. The normal reaction would be to leave him with her dignity intact.

Her decision to stay despite the verbal abuse shows a plot to make him eat those words. There are some insults you don’t speak out loud unless you are ready for the consequences.
Sorry to ask once more, what is the worse she can do to him. Sorry I am asking it's very important, someone's life might be on the line this your point might just be a saving point. I even emailed so you can understand how important this means.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by teefeeh1(f): 9:33pm On Oct 10, 2022
she's clearly not in your standard, tell her to stop disturbing u, simple. why all these questions
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ehmmah588(m): 3:35am On Oct 11, 2022
AlphaStorm:

Baba share us d story abeg !!!!

Una too like story for this nairaland sef cheesy(..so all these stories for romance section never do you? tongue

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ehmmah588(m): 3:45am On Oct 11, 2022
seanwilliam:
can a woman bend the rule for a man in this situation? If yes Have you personally experienced it before .

Yes sir,I have experienced what it means to be "out of standard" with an ex(was 23 then,still struggling in school)and cos of my mental health I had to call it quits..... Funny thing is till today,she tells me "I was and will always be the best"..Though she's married to her "type",but she's not really happy
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by seanwilliam(m): 7:43am On Oct 11, 2022
Ehmmah588:

Yes sir,I have experienced what it means to be "out of standard" with an ex(was 23 then,still struggling in school)and cos of my mental health I had to call it quits..... Funny thing is till today,she tells me "I was and will always be the best"..Though she's married to her "type",but she's not really happy
lol. It’s a petty you trust a woman’s word.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ebenman: 10:15am On Oct 11, 2022
Helpout12345:
OP, out of the issues you have with her "standard", I think major ones are the education level and physical attraction. The age is not that far from your preference.

You said she is a Virgin, a good person and loyal to you.

1. Put her loyalty and love to tests to be very sure she is not coming after you because of your money and status. It's always difficult for good men with money to filter our genuine ladies in their relationships because even the likes of online misandrists looking for husbands will pretend to be good women when they meet a man with money and status. To do this, take away benefits you give her now for sometime, pretend like you lost your job and struggling financially for sometime and watch her reactions.

2. Being a Virgin does not guarantee a good character and good woman in marriage. You have to watch her character beyond the virginity stuff. Does she really have good character and good heart? You also need to find ways to find her true character and her true mind. To do this, follow her on social media to follow her comments, watch her reactions and comments on real life situations happening around you both, watch different Nigerian movies together and spark discussion over the happening in the movies. Most times, women get carried away in movies and pour out their true minds during the movies.

3. If she is good based on 1 and 2 above, and the fact that she is a virgin in this century, then you have find a good one. Please don't lose her because you might never find another close to her again in your lifetime.

4. Education status can be improved. She can enroll in a university online or distance learning to upgrade herself to become a graduate you want. But I must warn you, marry her before you sponsor her in education. Don't ever sponsor education of a girl friend with hope that she will marry you in return.

5. On the physical attraction, I know you cannot change her height. To enhance your attraction, tell her how you want your woman to dress and appear but be careful not to body-shame her.

6. It's not wise to tell boy or girlfriend, they are not "your standard". It's demeaning and can make them hold resentment for you if it eventually works out between you both.

Summary, be careful not to lose a good woman because of minor standards that you can improve or enhance to have a happy home.
Thank you for this.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by BigDick70inch(m): 12:16pm On Oct 11, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
all her character na format ,. they usually reveal their true colors in marriage,study her well ,bring in a hous help (young female to be precise) ,to test her true character ,how she reacts to the house help will determine everything.

God bless u.......
U know much but dem....

Even.......the girl will even maltreat the op blood brother if he stays after marriage......
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ebenman: 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
mprtuary:

Mr Standard Mr. Standard, don't you think the lady has more standard than you with your Bryan you with this your with your English Grammar?
What is wrong with the grammar if not for one or two errors?

Just because a guy didn't like what I said and then decided to pinpoint the errors, must you follow the same suit?

Moreso, from the few words you typed, there are a lot of errors I can see there. Is this not a case of a pot calling a kettle black?
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Raalsalghul: 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2022
placeofallure:

I pity you if that's exactly your thoughts. You'll let some trolls who had no control over their own life mislead you in life.

First and foremost, women do lower their standards for men if they're in love. Get that belief off of your head that they don't.

Secondly, to ba ri se, ma pe paddy e l'ole. What standard are you talking about? You sound like some pompous, overbearing slave master. Do you know where she's coming from? It's either you like her enough to share or you don't. You already even anticipate her family will be leeches and needy. Some people are poor but they keep their dignity intact.

I won't tell you to marry her, Lord of Standards, if she doesn't merit your aggrandized benchmark or calibre. Just let her know on time so she doesn't invest her priceless emotions where it'll never yield returns.

Good luck to you.

Uhm ma'am, your post is filled with so much hate.

You can pass your message across without such bile.

You seem overly invested in this issue.

Care to share any experience?

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by mprtuary: 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2022
Ebenman:
What is wrong with the grammar if not for one or two errors?

Just because a guy didn't like what I said and then decided to pinpoint the errors, must you follow the same suit?

Moreso, from the few words you typed, there are a lot of errors I can see there. Is this not a case of a pot calling a kettle black?

mgbake filling funky
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Prettygirl200(f): 11:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
Wealthyonos:
Even your English shows you're not educated. My advice is, 'go back to school'.���
Lol why u wicked
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by placeofallure(f): 5:08am On Oct 12, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Uhm ma'am, your post is filled with so much hate.

You can pass your message across without such bile.

You seem overly invested in this issue.

Care to share any experience?

I don't have any experiences to share neither am I filled with hate or bitterness. I just don't like it when privileged people throw their success at people's faces as if it is their making. God gives whoever he pleases it's not for anyone to glory. Tables turn in life do you believe? Where do you want to hide your face if you are on the unfortunate side of the table? A ni s'oriburuku!
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by cumoverna: 5:16am On Oct 12, 2022
Na advice him ask you for.
Not how to speak English, some of una for this forum sef, una matter worse pass putin,
Wealthyonos:
Even your English shows you're not educated. My advice is, 'go back to school'.���

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Qualities Of A Wife Material According To A Female Twitter User / Every Young Woman Out There Should Learn From Halima Abubakar / My Fiancee's Unstable Look Is Threatening Our Relationship. Please Advice Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.