Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,428 members, 7,901,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:39 AM

Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense (1675 Views)

Obi! Obi!!, Import And Export, Warehouse Economist- Tinubu Mocks Peter Obi Again / Nigerians React As FFK Says Peter Obi Lacks Sense / Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by Biodun556(m): 2:22am On Oct 08, 2022

1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by Biodun556(m): 2:23am On Oct 08, 2022
Ok we agree that import restriction policy of Buhari led to inflation because local manufacturers can not meet up with the local demands. A reasonable incoming government will make policies that will increase local production and invest more on power sector. This is away of creating more employment and strengthening the naira.

Removing import restriction shows that Peter Obi is coming to kill local industries and free his ibo brothers who are mostly importers. Peter Obi himself is the largest single importer in Nigeria.

To make the matter worst, Obi supporters are using Peter Obi claim to tackle Dangote, comparing the price of his products to imported products sending signals that Peter Obi is coming to tackle Northern manufacturers.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 08, 2022
It was glaring Peter was talking with the brains inside his scrotum

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by LeoDeKing: 2:35am On Oct 08, 2022
The moment I saw that the highest academic qualification the ipob candidate had submitted to inec was GCE, I knew he is a complete dunce.

As in, do you know what GCE is? Infact, the exam leading to the award of that O'Level certificate is nicknamed "private" or "external" exam.

As in, it is exam for candidates who fail SSCE. That means pandora crook banged SSCE. Nawao.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by Biodun556(m): 2:39am On Oct 08, 2022
LeoDeKing:
The moment I saw that the highest academic qualification the ipob candidate had submitted to inec was GCE, I knew he is a complete dunce.

As in, do you know what GCE is? Infact, the exam leading to the award of that O'Level certificate is nicknamed "private" or "external" exam.

As in, it is exam for candidates who fail SSCE. That means pandora crook banged SSCE. Nawao.

grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by mrvitalis(m): 4:01am On Oct 08, 2022
Lmfao this one's skipped school when economics was thought in school

Is APC 7 years not been enough evidence to tell you import restrictions can't work ?

Look around you I'm sure you are foreign rice like me today even tho it's banned

. Nigeria loses 600 billion yearly we would have easily gotten from rice importers and invested into our local rice Industries

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by mrvitalis(m): 4:02am On Oct 08, 2022
LeoDeKing:

This one no even get sense ...how has the buhari restrictions on rice worked ? What's the results ?

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by Scribx: 4:19am On Oct 08, 2022
Biodun556:

Wow! I expected to see your flawless economic analysis, but you ended up regurgitating drivels made by people who have had to record of economic excellence or have administered such knowledge in any capacity before. First it was Reno, now these charlatans. At least we know Moghalu's view, stop disgracing yourself until people like Sanusi, Soludo or other eminent economists across the world have criticised PO's intended policy.

Thugs everywhere. SMH

PS: It's a political season where everyone forms opinions about what they know nothing about. If he had no plan, there would be opposition. In fact, expecting his policy to sit well with the opposition would mean politics is no longer a game of interest. But at least, encourage your preferred candidate to release his blueprint before calling others stupid.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by IDENNAA(m): 4:20am On Oct 08, 2022
Biodun556:

Oga , no need arguing with a tribalistic, hateful ethnic dunce.

Simply and short , go and vote Tinubu because you are not here to debate economics. It's a waste of our time.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by ezegold4we: 4:59am On Oct 08, 2022
Only fool's and economic nonentities are critizing Obi's decision to remove import restrictions,

American is the biggest importer of Good's And service's yet they still have the world's biggest economy, can you empty brains see that?

Agbadorians and urchin'ss will not understand This, go and vote ur an ancestor of 90yrs and expect more suffering after Buhari.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by RZArecta(m): 5:20am On Oct 08, 2022
Ask agbadorian îmbeciles to break down the evils of Obi's policy suggestion and they won't be able in the next thousand years. Also ask them to explain the benefits the policy their party has been implementing for the past seven years plus and it's effect on Nigerias economy generally and they'll tell you the most barefaced lie even the devil would be afraid to tell. These people are evil and want you to die of hunger.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by mycar: 5:20am On Oct 08, 2022
Biodun556:
Ok we agree that import restriction policy of Buhari led to inflation because local manufacturers can not meet up with the local demands. A reasonable incoming government will made policies that will increase local production and invest more on power sector. This is away of creating more employment and strengthening the naira.

Removing import restriction shows that Peter Obi is coming to kill local industries and free his ibo brothers who are mostly importers. Peter Obi himself is the largest single importer in Nigeria.

To make the matter worst, Obi supporters are using Peter Obi claim to tackle Dangote, comparing the price of his products to imported products sending signals that Peter Obi is coming to tackle Northern manufacturers.
Someone that doesn't lack sense would have seen sense in what Peter obi is trying to do, for example, the ban on the importation of cars of 15year and above years old. People bring in those cars through cotonu and pay zero import duties to the government on those cars. If government can allow it and impose corresponding duties on them, all the revenue that would have been lost to another country will come to us
This goes to other goods, allow them in, impose the corresponding duties on them to deter smugglers and all the revenues that would have been lost wouldn't be.
The list goes on, you can use the import duty to protect local production.
Outright ban only favors the smugglers and not the state.

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by RZArecta(m): 5:26am On Oct 08, 2022
ezegold4we:
Only fool's and economic nonentities are critizing Obi's decision to remove import restrictions,

American is the biggest importer of Good's And service's yet they still have the world's biggest economy, can you empty brains see that?

Agbadorians and urchin'ss will not understand This, go and vote ur an ancestor of 90yrs and expect more suffering after Buhari.
see, these people are evil. I keep saying, it takes a special kind of devil to see the wickedness that has been done to our economy, keep celebrating it and even ask for more. If you're not afraid of them as a Nigerian then I'm sorry for you

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by AdamuKD: 5:55am On Oct 08, 2022
Na you and your generation plus your useless Papa lack sense zombie without functioning brain

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by blazesam(m): 6:19am On Oct 08, 2022
Some of us that read economics as a course and further did development economics at masters level, if you ask me about import restrictions, I openly tell you it wrong.

Hit taxes on those importing, allow this items come in, you presidents of the nation should in your own way advertise and create more awareness on your local industries. What am I saying "rivalry"

Compare this two, I consume local rice that is stone free and I get that from my farm yearly. What makes it different from the foreign rice we buy out there? The local rice is far sweeter than the imported one.

When people choose to stop buying foreign rice, it will go itself but don't compare people to stop.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by Introvertedmarc: 6:25am On Oct 08, 2022
He should lift it, make it undesirable while working on the amenities to making production cheaper than import.. that way he would have removed the cult like cabals in these sectors that control the prices and cause artificial inflation...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by 2elliot: 6:41am On Oct 08, 2022
blazesam:
Some of us that read economics as a course and further did development economics at masters level, if you ask me about import restrictions, I openly tell you it wrong.

Hit taxes on those importing, allow this items come in, you presidents of the nation should in your own way advertise and create more awareness on your local industries. What am I saying "rivalry"

Compare this two, I consume local rice that is stone free and I get that from my farm yearly. What makes it different from the foreign rice we buy out there? The local rice is far sweeter than the imported one.

When people choose to stop buying foreign rice, it will go itself but don't compare people to stop.
After the first few years that local rice contained so much stones, now that it has improved, I no longer eat foreign rice because of the taste. The final consumers must be given a choice to chose, and the manufacturers ready for competition. We the final consumers bear the brunt of scarcity of goods and the increase in price when local goods do not meet our consumption.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by Opinedecandid(m): 6:43am On Oct 08, 2022
Biodun556:
Ok we agree that import restriction policy of Buhari led to inflation because local manufacturers can not meet up with the local demands. A reasonable incoming government will made policies that will increase local production and invest more on power sector. This is away of creating more employment and strengthening the naira.

You are on point my brother.
Even a well trained Secondary School student knows that import restriction helps the local economy, whereas reaching out through foreign policy can also modify export restrictions to also help our local economy.

When I tell 'Obidients' that PO is overrated, they begin to abuse their elders.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by Opinedecandid(m): 6:50am On Oct 08, 2022
Peter Obi is apparently overrated.
And if by omission, commission or sheer blinded passion-for-change of Nigerian Youth Peter Obi is elected President, the way Buhari's been abused would be understatement compared to the curses same people, who are quick to abuse themselves, would heap curses on Obi.

There is one man I respect so much, in the hay days of Goodluck Jonathan, he told me "can't you see that GEJ is so bad that he is tagged clueless''?

I said to him, it's because of the politkcal consciousness of the masses fuelled by technology. And that Buhari will suffer worse abuses.
Today I have been proven right.

Another one is loading, pray it doesn't happen.
Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by blazesam(m): 6:51am On Oct 08, 2022
2elliot:
After the first few years that local rice contained so much stones, now that it has improved, I no longer eat foreign rice because of the taste. The final consumers must be given a choice to chose, and the manufacturers ready for competition. We the final consumers bear the brunt of scarcity of goods and the increase in price when local goods do not meet our consumption.

Exactly my point, allow a rivalry market to exist and the invisible hands will speak for themselves. Don't force demand to exist where it can't so as supply.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by kingsways: 6:59am On Oct 08, 2022
Import restrictions rewards inefficiency by local producers and fuel inflation. Nigerians are compelled to buy inferior products at higher prices

If his target is to boost export and bring inflation to single digits as he said, then local products must have enough quality to compete in the international market

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by Biodun556(m): 7:01am On Oct 08, 2022
blazesam:

Exactly my point, allow a rivalry market to exist and the invisible hands will speak for themselves. Don't force demand to exist where it can't so as supply.

Allow a rivalry market within the economy to compete not foreign goods competing with local goods

China will always devalue her currency to make her products cheaper.
Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by Workch: 7:04am On Oct 08, 2022
Import restrictons cannot work

APC did it for 7years and it has not worked,it's causing untold pain in our asses.

You have to solve immediate problems

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by 2elliot: 7:05am On Oct 08, 2022
blazesam:

Just commonsense, but those guys on that side have made it uncommon. Look how they embezzled the agriculture loans and have refused to pay back. All the billions paid out were embezzled and there is nothing to show for it. Some of them used that money to do owambe. But they want we the consumers to take the brunt for their laziness.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by Workch: 7:07am On Oct 08, 2022
kingsways:
Import restrictions rewards inefficiency by local producers and fuel inflation. Nigerians are compelled to buy inferior products at higher prices

If his target is to boost export and bring inflation to single digits as he said, then local products must have enough quality to compete in the international market
You can never outproduce China even within your own territory without making a long term plan to do that. The cost of production in your country will still be more expensive than importing from China, especially a country with no electricity
.it's the reason any democratic country will find it hard to outproduce China in this current dispensation with new government coming in and always changing policies
Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by kingsways: 7:08am On Oct 08, 2022
Doesn't make sense to place import restrictions where there is obvious lack of local capacity to create enough supply to meet demand

To do so will increase the suffering of the bulk of the masses who are already burdened by low incomes and high inflation rates

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by Biodun556(m): 7:13am On Oct 08, 2022
kingsways:
Doesn't make sense to place import restrictions where there is obvious lack of local capacity to create enough supply to meet demand

To do so will increase the suffering of the bulk of the masses who are already burdened by low incomes and high inflation rates

Then increase the local capacity and invest more in power sector

The competition should be within the economy
Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by Workch: 7:14am On Oct 08, 2022
kingsways:

Yes, who in his right sense places import restrictons in an economy that doesn't have electricity for production and regulated fuel price to stop unnecessary inflation.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by mytime24(f): 7:15am On Oct 08, 2022
Biodun556:
Ok we agree that import restriction policy of Buhari led to inflation because local manufacturers can not meet up with the local demands. A reasonable incoming government will make policies that will increase local production and invest more on power sector. This is away of creating more employment and strengthening the naira.

where is d piramide rice buhari showcase to feed pple in d zoo and how much is local rice in ur area embarassed

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by Workch: 7:18am On Oct 08, 2022
Biodun556:

Then increase the local capacity and invest more in power sector

The competition should be within the economy
Only a total moronic person will place import restrictions without first solving power and refinery problem.

How do you want your producers to cope with fuel price volatility?.
It will cost unnecessary inflation and spread of inferior products.

A before B, make power available for production first then repair your refineries before import restrictions. If you can control the price of fuel in your country, you can control inflation and stabilize price.

Buhari and his government are just so stupid

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Import Restrictions Removal Shows He Lacks Sense by gonkin(m): 7:18am On Oct 08, 2022
As soon as it became a tribal thing, they forgot it was APC that started the disintegration of the nation. After weeping for years that APC is bad. Terrible

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VIDEO: Moment RCCG Pastor Introduced Peter Obi As ‘president’ In London / Over N580million Recovered From Detained Former EFCC Chairman, Bawa / Arewa Youth Forum Challenge Peter Obi To Condemn The Ipob May 30th Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.