Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,718 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:49 PM

Obama Shopping With Taxpayers Money - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Shopping With Taxpayers Money (747 Views)

Drama As Wife Catches Husband Shopping With Girlfriend (photos) / Taxpayers Foot The Bill For First Lady's Extended Hawaiian Vacation... / Woman Sentenced To Death Walks Free, Is To Go Shopping With Victim's Grandson. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Shopping With Taxpayers Money by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2011
Buying a Bus of sucj amount in these hard economic times is in poor taste and shows the President is only trying to get re-elected instead of trying to fix the problems in this Country.

Dude is ain't getting no damn vote from me this time neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-debuts-monster-campaign-bus-180625316.html
Re: Obama Shopping With Taxpayers Money by EuroMeko(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2011
I take offence at your editorial comment. You intentionally are trying to mislead readers.

Here's a better snapshot of the original article:

"But the Service decided to commission its own vehicles, reasoning that the initial total outlay of 2.2 million dollars for two buses would soon pay for itself over a projected 10-year lifespan.
"We have demonstrated the need for these buses going back to 1980," said Ed Donovan, a Secret Service spokesman, recalling the days when future president Ronald Reagan stormed the country by bus."

1) Obama did not buy the Bus, the Secret service did. AS they have been doing for every single US President.
2) Obama is doing what every single first term President has been doing, using the last days of the term to campaign for the second term.
3) The two buses ($2.2m) is a direct shot into the American RV industry and it's labors.
3) You have the right to your vote but hopefully you use better intellect in your decision.

I am a die hard Democrat but I think I am ready for the Republicans, not because the SS bought a bus but because nothing has changed for me positively in 4 years. I am not delusional that the Republican President will do anything for me but we need to shake things up a bit. We need to focus more on internal affairs even at the expense of external repercussions. A lot of us are sufferings and look back with glee at the Regan/Clinton era.

That being said, how do we fix the Lagos/Ibadan Expressway? - wink
Re: Obama Shopping With Taxpayers Money by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2011
Two ignorant folks trying to be more republican than Mitch McConnell.

Did reality101 forget this portion of the article - "We have demonstrated the need for these buses going back to 1980," said Ed Donovan, a Secret Service spokesman, recalling the days when future president Ronald Reagan stormed the country by bus. Each of the new buses will be available to Obama and the eventual Republican presidential nominee if required through the duration of the 2012 election season."

and to euromeka who says "nothing has changed" and would like to vote republican, can we remind him that nothing indeed has changed BECAUSE we have republicans who care more about destryoying the Obama presidency than getting the economy back on track. But if he would like to continue the Bush legacy, by all means vote republican. Dont be shocked when medicare disappears, the economy fully collapses and your workers rights are severely eroded. thankfully i'm in a point in my career where that will not affect me at all.
Re: Obama Shopping With Taxpayers Money by EuroMeko(m): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2011
davidylan:

Two ignorant folks trying to be more republican than Mitch McConnell.

Did reality101 forget this portion of the article - "We have demonstrated the need for these buses going back to 1980," said Ed Donovan, a Secret Service spokesman, recalling the days when future president Ronald Reagan stormed the country by bus. Each of the new buses will be available to Obama and the eventual Republican presidential nominee if required through the duration of the 2012 election season."

and to euromeka who says "nothing has changed" and would like to vote republican, can we remind him that nothing indeed has changed BECAUSE we have republicans who care more about destryoying the Obama presidency than getting the economy back on track. But if he would like to continue the Bush legacy, by all means vote republican. Dont be shocked when medicare disappears, the economy fully collapses and your workers rights are severely eroded. thankfully i'm in a point in my career where that will not affect me at all.

Anyone that has a differing opinion from you is ignorant, okay I get it.

I forgot Bush is the only Republican President we've ever had - wink

PS: The assumption that I am not in the same point in my career as yours is based on what?
Re: Obama Shopping With Taxpayers Money by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 17, 2011
EuroMeko:

Anyone that has a differing opinion from you is ignorant, okay I get it.

There is differences between having a differing opinion and being ignorant.

EuroMeko:

I forgot Bush is the only Republican President we've ever had - wink

ronald reagan maybe? (who raised taxes over 10 times and increased the debt ceiling almost 8 times), G.W. Bush? Richard Nixon?

EuroMeko:

PS: The assumption that I am not in the same point in my career as yours is based on what?

I didnt say that.
Re: Obama Shopping With Taxpayers Money by EuroMeko(m): 1:23am On Aug 17, 2011
Of course anyone with intellect knows that there's a difference between ignorance and a differing opinion. The only indicator you used and that is available to you on this thread and the you used to judge us as ignorant is our opinion. You don't know the educational level of us nor our political accumen.

Every single American President has raised taxes on both sides of the line. Nothing new here and it's an American way of life. Some taxes are by income taxes and others by state/local government.

Like I said, you have your vote, use it but there is no need to ridicule others because they don't agree with you.

It's been good, could have done without the draconian knee jerk insult but such us the way of the internet.

See you on another thread, in the meantime we agre to disagree.
Re: Obama Shopping With Taxpayers Money by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 17, 2011
Apologies to you Euromeko and thanks for being the adult here.
Re: Obama Shopping With Taxpayers Money by EuroMeko(m): 1:40am On Aug 17, 2011
No, thank you Sir.

I typically do not get involved with politics and church online and they are sure fire way to get peoples "oars out of the water".

No worries we all learn from each other.
Re: Obama Shopping With Taxpayers Money by TayoD1(m): 2:47am On Aug 17, 2011
@Davidylan,

I hope you will jettison this vacillations between childishness and maturity that has become the hallmark of your online conversations. I must however applaud the humbleness of your heart and quick retreat from the wrong path. Many can learn from you.
Re: Obama Shopping With Taxpayers Money by Nobody: 2:50am On Aug 17, 2011
mr Tayo abeg leave me in peace. grin

(1) (Reply)

Nato Bombs Ancient Libya Roman Ruins / 1961, What Do You Think Kennedy And Americans Would Had Done If They Knew? / Former Egyptian President, Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life Imprisonment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.