Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,780 members, 7,969,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 03:53 AM

EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes (8764 Views)

Why Did EFCC Refuse To Investigate The Following People? / EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. / EFCC Wants SSS To Handover Dasuki For Questioning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by cindylee: 8:55am On Aug 17, 2011
Which kind of yeye nonsense be this. It is none of her business how people pay their tithes. In the christain faith, it is between you and God and no one's business. Instead of her to fish out corrupt people, she dey talk about pastors and tithe.

If she does her work well, some other things will fall in place and I really don't think that those who get their money illegitimately usually pay tithes on all the money. They only pay tithes on their legitimate income.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by nigerhead(m): 9:10am On Aug 17, 2011
Yes-Yes , churches today have a moral responsibility to find out where some tithes come from. A large number of Pastors have failed in this respect; I think.

BUT; Mrs EFCC should first of all remove the log from her eye before she starts pointing at the speck in church's eye, and unless the report was taking out of its context, I dont see why she should single out the church, IBB is one of the biggest thieves this country has seen, and I am pretty sure he goes to a mosque and he makes donations and all, so she should also direct her statement to the mosques too. I fear some of our leaders lack traits of diplomacy and common sense, why should she make such a statement and direct it at just christians.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by sage2(m): 9:14am On Aug 17, 2011
What exactly does she mean by a huge demand for tithe? Because in my Church, it is still 10 per cent. And the Pastor does not even know who pays what because it is suppose to be between you and God. We just put our tithes in envelopes and drop it in a box. The efcc should know its limits and and stop talking about things it has no knowledge of. What does she know about tithe? Do Churches issue receipts for tithe? Stear clear of the Church, except if you are coming to fellowship and worship God with us.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by brainpulse: 9:18am On Aug 17, 2011
What else do you want Her to do or say, she is doing the right thing? This so call men come to the church flaunt the ill gotten wealth and bring cause on the church and on the land that is the reason why people pray for ages and no solution comes, because the face of the Lord can not behold iniquities.
The illustration of the Rich man and the widow given by Christ, have we forgotten mark 12:39-44.
Have you forgotten so easily that the same Alao Akala that embezzled and did nothing in Oyo state went to church for thanks giving, pls to let us put religious sentiment in this again. What is bad is bad and should not be welcome by the honourables of this nairaland upper chamber.
Let us start from some where, when the church begins to speak the truth, the land will start to be cleansed even without no prayers. When we don't encourage and celebrate them even in our community they will know that they are doing the wrong thing through there ill gotten wealth.
Nigerians have short memory, have will forgotten the man that gave Generator to the church from stolen money and how the MOG up to date refuse to give an account.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by brainpulse: 9:27am On Aug 17, 2011
Do you know if an armed robber brings huge tithe to the church and the sources was not question by even the MOG, oneday he will send his trops to robb fellow church members that are rivarying him in the church. It can happen anywhere even in the Mosque
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by swiftycool(m): 9:31am On Aug 17, 2011
As far as am cocerned until dat Waziri lady decides to open d case they are hiding of our theiving first lady- paitience jo; her money laundering case and how she became a big stakeholder in oil business. i will keep seeing her as a useless bigheaded humpty dumpty puppet of lucky joe!

Face d "theif catching job"u r paid 2 do rather than transfer your responsibility to relegious bodies. . . dummy
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by chrisja(m): 9:31am On Aug 17, 2011
I wonder why she believes that most of the criminals go to church, There are many moslem northerns  who have destroyed the economy of this nation,  I'm sure they pay their tithe to my pastor, Rather than look for a way to do their job, they look for who to  blame, Incomptent and irresponsible leaders,
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Lexusgs430: 9:31am On Aug 17, 2011
So how they maintain their fleets of jets or even buy some more ?
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Ben13: 9:44am On Aug 17, 2011
WAZIRI. . what do you expect? cheesy
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 17, 2011
Fela don talk before. .make una listen to the chorus.

Suffer suffer for world. . .amen
Enjoy for heaven . . . .amen
Christains go dey yab In spiritum heavinus. . . .amen
Muslims go dey call Allahu Akbaru. . .Amen
Open your eye everywhere,Archbishop na MILIKI,Pope na enoyment,Imamu na gbaladun hahahaha
Archbishop dey enjoy
Pope sef dey enjoy
Imam sef dey enjoy
My brother wetin you say,my brother wetin say. . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by bisiaet: 9:55am On Aug 17, 2011
What kind of silly talk is this? How on heaven would efcc came up with such idea? Sorry if this thread were to be true then I now know EFCC are just a clown jobless people.

Let them face the corrupt politician first and get the job done rather trying to dive nose to what is not their business in anyway. Tithe or no tithe , huge or small no one was forced to pay if even people were systematically forced as many pastor always grow pink or blue with their neck vein blown bigger like a frustrated boxer yelling at the top of their voice, using all curses in the bible to manipulate members to their greediness for payin tithe still its a choice for the church member to pay it or not no matter the curse or bullying or how the enrage the money conscious pastor display.

So let EFCC just please mind their business lot of jobs are on their table for them to do so let them sort them out first rather than looking for cheap popularity or a front page of newpaper to make show of their idleness and if they have nothing to do again or no one to charge for corruption then "please Qeeun Farida and Chief efcc boys kindly close shop. Period!!!!!!!

EFCC whatever dont interest me anylonger."
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by nagoma(m): 9:56am On Aug 17, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope I don't sound like a Christian apologist, but do Mosques and Islamic bodies check the wealth of its members (some of who are Government officials) who build mosques, sponsor hajj trips, feed almajaris and imams and generally do the dictates of their religion?

Farida needs to watch and balance her arguments. EFCC knows where to find criminals and should focus properly, abeg. [quote][/quote]

I was just waiting to see how long it will take before the thread turns religious or a tribal duel. I am not disappointed. However mosques and churches should be careful what money they receive but the duty of certifying legal money is beyond these organizations - Even if they want to do it.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 17, 2011
So many religion apologists in here. . .same people that complain of politicians that loot all naija 's wealth now see nothing wrong if all the looted money ends up in their pastor's pocket.
Meaning that cecelia ibru,Akingbola and a host of other political pen robbers will become saints if their wealth end up in redeem or winners ? Maybe bankole too should start donating his stolen wealth to mosques in order to become anointed. . . .naijas una go suffer die with una religion blindness mentality to protect oppressors !
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by bisiaet: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2011
Hope I don't sound like a Christian apologist, but do Mosques and Islamic bodies check the wealth of its members (some of who are Government officials) who build mosques, sponsor hajj trips, feed almajaris and imams and generally do the dictates of their religion?

Farida needs to watch and balance her arguments. EFCC knows where to find criminals and should focus properly, abeg.

Bros. you dont need to beg the s i l l y thing called Farida and EFFC they are all sick and jobless.

Is tithe part of EFCC mission? How does tithe paying either big or small has to do with the problem they were(EFCC) ask to checkmate? She is seriously mad. This EFCC OF A THING annoys ME everyday because of their pretence and leaving reality behind and love chasing AFTER shadow all the time seeking for nasty relevances in their failure. Nonsense.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by rhymz(m): 10:11am On Aug 17, 2011
Farida just like GEJ are big jokers!
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 17, 2011
bisiaet:

Bros. you dont need to beg the s i l l y thing called Farida and EFFC they are all sick and jobless.

Is tithe part of EFCC mission? How does tithe paying either big or small has to do with the problem they were(EFCC) ask to checkmate? She is seriously mad. This EFCC OF A THING annoys ME everyday because of their pretence and leaving reality behind and love chasing AFTER shadow all the time seeking for nasty relevances in their failure. Nonsense.

No wonder babangida said the youths cannot lead and it's evident from the regime of Fayose and your ignorant post.
So you mean there is nothing wrong with a church collecting money from Obasanjo,Lucky igbinedion,james ibori,orji uzor kalu,jolly nyame,alao akala,oyinlola ? So if a bank robber steals and pay tithe from such money, is it justifiable ?
What has gone wrong with moral in this country ? Morality doesn't mean religion !
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Kx: 10:15am On Aug 17, 2011
Could nt she have asked religious leaders to investigate,  instead of narrowing it down to church alone?
What about huge sums of money paid by muslims and christians by way of pilgrimage?
those paid to native doctors; secret societies etc?
are they all not "religious" leaders? grin
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by adros84(m): 10:16am On Aug 17, 2011
Nothing new in this. My church already does this. Any huge sum of money dropped in the offering box is investigated and where the payer is not able to explain satisfactorily the source of the money, it is returned to him. However, I'm not sure the church will go to the extent of reporting to EFCC. The church's role is not to report crime but to get criminals to repent. It is left to the repentant criminal to restitute his ways as evidence of genuine salvation.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Orikinla(m): 10:17am On Aug 17, 2011
I agree with the EFCC.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by TeeJay6(m): 10:18am On Aug 17, 2011
ok so how is a public servant who steals public funds then pays 10% of it as tithe to a church any different from the office worker who adds extra hours to his timesheet?
Tithing is a personal affair between God and the individual, the pastor has no right poking his nose into how much the individual earns or whether he/she is paying the right amount.
If EFCC suspects anyone of fraudulent practices surely all they need so is inform the church and ask for their cooperation is any investigation; coming out this way shows just how inept this person is
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Bukittes(f): 10:20am On Aug 17, 2011
nagoma:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farida needs to watch and balance her arguments. EFCC knows where to find criminals and should focus properly, abeg.

Right on bruv! These Muslims are just looking for any which way to edge out Christians. Can't they just face their religion and leave ours out? What is it with these people sef? first it was sharia, then islamic banking now they chuking eyes on tithes! What do they know about tithing? Who questions their Alhajis who do all the above things? Who even has their time? If Waziri dont know the next thing to do she should resign like Dora and go and be a good 3rd or 4th wife to her husband!!! Mscheww
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 17, 2011
adros84:

Nothing new in this. My church already does this. Any huge sum of money dropped in the offering box is investigated and where the payer is not able to explain satisfactorily the source of the money, it is returned to him. However, I'm not sure the church will go to the extent of reporting to EFCC. The church's role is not to report crime but to get criminals to repent. It is left to the repentant criminal to restitute his ways as evidence of genuine salvation.

Exactly my opinion. . .Religion bodies should put the morality of their religions first above other selfish interests. If both religions: christainity and islam do not support corruption,then they shouldn't take money from corrupt people !
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by islamrules(m): 10:22am On Aug 17, 2011
Tithe is between the person paying it and God. Do you want pastors to turn to God ?
These Northerners/Muslims, they just like to stair religious issues everyday. Why cant she face other non-religion issues?

Ok she should just put it like this:

"Oh Allah, some corrupt office holders are paying tithe to you from the money they steal, Oh Allah, stop accepting it from them"

It is not the responsibility/duty/spiritual jurisdiction of a pastor to ask payer of the source of the income. There are some people who even pay less than 10% of their income as tithe. But the pastor dont have to ask them how much their salary is. This is right to privacy issue.

Please Farida, do your work and leave fanatism alone. Islamic Bank yesterday, today, it is tithe, tomorrow it will be "Islam republic of Nigeria".
We already know what you people are cooking. But, we own Nigeria together. We shall see!

Do your work, IBB is there, Atiku is there, Abdusallam is there. Are they paying tithe to churches ? and in Nigeria history, these are the people that scandalized Nigerian National cake.

Do you think a corrupt politician who is robbing Nigeria will remember to pay tithe ? These men already have everything, they dont need God anymore.

Mswweeee
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by stagger: 10:24am On Aug 17, 2011
I do remember that in my school back then, a particular campus fellowship exco invited a girl who paid a tithe of N100,000 to explain the source of her revenue. She had to reveal in detail how she made the money over a period of 4 months during ASUU strike.

I do not think Farida Waziri is asking or anything extraordinary. Churches as custodians of moral Christian values should regularly seek clarifications on suspicious tithes.

I mean as a parent, if I walk into my 18 year old son's bedroom and I see N1million cash in his wardrobe, do I just keep quiet and thank God for buttering his bread? Ridiculous in the extreme!
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Kx: 10:26am On Aug 17, 2011
adros84:

~Bluetooth:

Exactly my opinion. . .Religion bodies should put the morality of their religions first above other selfish interests. If both religions: christainity and islam do not support corruption,then they shouldn't take money from corrupt people !

Do you know why churches wont do this?
Reason being the fact that these preachers preach that the tithe u pay now is the least tithe u ll pay in your life.Meaning if u were paying say N50k as tithe, the moment u start paying say N100k, it is simply interpreted as blessing with no one caring how the additional income was sourced.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by OlokoNla1(m): 10:29am On Aug 17, 2011
This is the most stupid assertion I've heard from this Fazaira A-hole. I mean, is she nuts? does she mean to tell us she is not aware of where corruption comes from? inflated contracts, kickback in government circles, inneficient contract tendering processes. is she so stupid to ask that churches set up audit firms to investigate tithes and offerings?

worse still, there are very dull people on Nairaland who delight in just posting comments equivalent of a dead roaches IQ. How does what you drop in church link to corruption? Is there not corruption in other parts of the world? Is the focus on how much gold,money etch being dropped in temples,mosques and churches the  focus?

nairaland has become a bedlam of fools eager to pander their roach fart opinion
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 17, 2011
stagger:

I do remember that in my school back then, a particular campus fellowship exco invited a girl who paid a tithe of N100,000 to explain the source of her revenue. She had to reveal in detail how she made the money over a period of 4 months during ASUU strike.

I do not think Farida Waziri is asking or anything extraordinary. Churches as custodians of moral Christian values should regularly seek clarifications on suspicious tithes.

I mean as a parent, if I walk into my 18 year old son's bedroom and I see N1million cash in his wardrobe, do I just keep quiet and thank God for buttering his bread? Ridiculous in the extreme!

It shows that most people christains and muslims have turned religion as an instrument for personal enrichment.No wonder some people are canvassing that they must pay tax ! shocked wonder shall never end !
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by brainpulse: 10:37am On Aug 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

- Good from a great thinker

We celebrate them, they steal more, we encourage them, they embezzle more, they run to the church, the pastor blesses them, we have no road, no light we blame efcc, we blame God, we blame our enemies, we cover this men indirectly, we hide there illegal transaction in the banks because of the small tips, we say efcc is not doing its Job. Cycle of confused people-NIGERIANS- never thinks with the head, but with there mouths and hearts.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by bisiaet: 10:41am On Aug 17, 2011
No wonder babangida said the youths cannot lead and it's evident from the regime of Fayose and your ignorant post.
So you mean there is nothing wrong with a church collecting money from Obasanjo,Lucky igbinedion,james ibori,orji uzor kalu,jolly nyame,alao akala,oyinlola ?  So if a bank robber steals and pay tithe from such money, is it justifiable ?
What has gone wrong with moral in this country ? Morality doesn't mean religion !

Mr or Mrs Bluetooth you are getting me wrong. First of all go back and read my post first very well and digest it you will get my message clear. In issue like this please stop mentioning IBB name he is not worthy of any talk as far as Nigeria is concrn because he was the one satan used to ruined Nigeria that is apart.

Now coming to your response hear me clearly and I repeat EFCC has got no job in tithe affairs small or big let them go out there and do the job they were given to do. These corrupt things called politician many are still out there enjoying to the full brim of life so why digressing to tithe. If Obj and all the folks you mentioned are paying tithe to church please tell me "is it tithe paying or church now the avenue or the best way for EFCC to trap them?" How does this sound in your mind?
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 17, 2011
bisiaet:

Mr or Mrs Bluetooth you are getting me wrong. First of all go back and read my post first very well and digest it you will get my message clear. In issue like this please stop mentioning IBB name he is not worthy of any talk as far as Nigeria is concrn because he was the one satan used to ruined Nigeria that is apart.

Now coming to your response hear me clearly and I repeat EFCC has got no job in tithe affairs small or big let them go out there and do the job they were given to do. These corrupt things called politician many are still out there enjoying to the full brim of life so why digressing to tithe. If Obj and all the folks you mentioned are paying tithe to church please tell me "is it tithe paying or church now the avenue or the best way for EFCC to trap them?" How does this sound in your mind?

I dislike double standard to the core and you are only getting emotional because the church was mentioned.I'm talking from a political and moral aspect not a religion win or lose one.Just one question for you. Is stolen money justified to pay tithe either in mosque or church ? What moral values do religion bodies hold when it comes to corruption ? should they support or oppose it ? Gain from the proceeds or turn it down ? !
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Sike(m): 11:00am On Aug 17, 2011
Abeg make EEFC go find sumwia go siddon jor. Make Man pikin no cum chop?? Na theif spoil pikin!
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by TeeJay6(m): 11:02am On Aug 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I dislike double standard to the core and you are only getting emotional because the church was mentioned.I'm talking from a political and moral aspect not a religion win or lose one.Just one question for you. [b]Is stolen money justified to pay tithe either in mosque or church ? What moral values do religion bodies hold when it comes to corruption ? [/b] should they support or oppose it ? Gain from the proceeds or turn it down ? !
of course it is not! But the pastor is not supposed to investigate every parishioners paycheck to determine who is thieving or not. I agree that if for some reasons the church suspects the donation is from the proceeds of a crime then they are at liberty to decline it; the same goes for the trader at Alaba market who swindles his clients or the NNPC secretary who forges her timesheet,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pan African Forum Rejects Obasanjo As AU Observer Head In Zimbabwe / The Nigerian Air Force Is Junk. / BREAKING: Captain Hosa, Prof Ize-Iyamu Lose Polling Units To Obasaki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.