Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,506 members, 7,885,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:55 AM

Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners (24936 Views)

New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly / Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi / My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Alaigbopress: 12:07am On Oct 13, 2022
I am not truly understanding the system of Administration Soludo is using. He is yet to hit the ground rolling with visible infrastructural projects all you will be hearing is Tax Tax Tax, May God help him not to become a disappointment to ndi Anambra.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by viodemus: 12:09am On Oct 13, 2022
Is true that Nigeria needs some administrative straightening, but let us not make it a joke thing, and also not spend so much time on hyping little laws. By the way those fees are high.

I see it as a sanitation thing, but it seems like a whole economist like oga Soludo is seeing this as a money grab. Maybe for the state or his pocket.

it just makes me feel like you people spent too much time to come up with this. If Nigeria wants to be serious about money generating ways internally and externally, let us do land tax. It doesn't have to be too high, and make it bi-annual or annual. say like 8k or 10k a year depending on land size.

bad drivers penalty fees - this is to discourage road lawlessness.
Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by UnKnownBishop: 12:09am On Oct 13, 2022
Soludo is working...

Meanwhile, I wish the levy would be based on the level of the bereaved, na aka nine alalo...

Howbeit, now is no longer business as usual for this our public servants cum politicians, if you can't account for the different levies and taxes after your tenure, where those collections where invested for the betterment of the electorates, we go help you pack and go...
Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by smile11s(m): 12:10am On Oct 13, 2022
Umoru190:
see below

Do you have odds for Indian cricket league?
Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by techWriter3: 12:11am On Oct 13, 2022
Omo, it's like Soludo thing to use taxation to finish Anambra people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by FakeIgboJew: 12:14am On Oct 13, 2022
Idiots were celebrating electing a central bankster as their governor.

By the time this solodu finish with them ehn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by intruder15(m): 12:19am On Oct 13, 2022
Wisetrue99:

Tax is okay but over taxing is baaaaaaaad

The government is simply telling the masses to go to hell!

Kai!

It's not over taxing. These banners are a menace in the south east. I see it as a means to an end. Tax them to align with the purpose.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Halo22: 12:22am On Oct 13, 2022
These unreasonable kind of taxation isn't necessary for the growth of the state. Taxation comes primarily from income generation and not when one is already spending money probably from borrowed capital and as an economist, Prof Soludo should know better.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Kenneth4u205(m): 12:30am On Oct 13, 2022
Sulodo already a failure. All I hear since he came in is demolishing buildings and tax tax tax .

Not sure he will get a second tenure if he continues this way . People like us borrowed money to bury our loved one in the past . And this governor want people to pay tax from borrowed money . This is foolishness.

Ngige was the best performing Governor ever to emerge from my state Anambra. It's a pity he later join the satanic party APC which completely destroy him

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Wayward1990: 12:32am On Oct 13, 2022
OVB123:
The truth of the matter is that without tax, government can not do much. It's pertinent we pay tax. Gov. Soludo is on the right track to success.
Wish right track to success? N100,000 just for banner display. Haba that's too much.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Sharatan(m): 12:35am On Oct 13, 2022
After the empty state account his predecessor left for him to manage, I think he’s doing everything he can to prevent the state from borrowing from federal government. Akpa sense grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Drbarmes(m): 12:47am On Oct 13, 2022
owobokiri:
I hope this Tinubu type of "cut throat" tax regime won't lead to some uprisings in Anambra state. It's coming at a very dicey period. Folks are economically desperate as a result of Buharis janja-weed policies. Greater taxation is a burden too heavy to carry this period. Soludo is already battling with the keekee people over this. He should be careful. Certain necessary changes are better phased in skillfully, otherwise the poor will start seeing him as an elitist governor irrespective of his good intentions.
U must mention Buhari n Tinubu name

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Biafraaa: 12:57am On Oct 13, 2022
He keeps imposing tax upon tax yet his state is about to turn into the dustbin capital of Nigeria. Once you see welcome to Anambra the smell of dustbins will welcome you first. Very Dirty state. Spit

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by jojothaiv(m): 12:59am On Oct 13, 2022
Imagine having banner and bill board for funeral/burial, a moment for sober reflection is turn to a banner display programme.

The only continent that's sees FUN in funeral, little wonder the white refer to it as the dark continent.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by ridbell01(m): 1:02am On Oct 13, 2022
Hmmm the only thing that make them visit the state
Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by gloryman91: 1:05am On Oct 13, 2022
That amount is too small, it would have been like a million or above.

Those are really billionaires

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Gkemz: 1:05am On Oct 13, 2022
Soludo has missed it long ago. Why become a thorn in the flesh of those who unanimously voted you into power against all odds, risking their lives

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Lexusgs430: 1:16am On Oct 13, 2022
Bury without banners........ Simple ....... Use WhatsApp & Telegram to send invites......... wink

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 13, 2022
Just #100,000 for an enclave filled with BILLIONAIRES..... that's marginalization.
I was expecting @ least #1,000,000 Naira.... which is even less than $2000 cry cry cry cry

Anambra ought to represent well.
They should encourage Gov. SOLUDO to make it $5000 USD & must be paid in Hard Currency.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Nobody: 1:35am On Oct 13, 2022
Alaigbopress:
I am not truly understanding the system of Administration Soludo is using. He is yet to hit the ground rolling with visible infrastructural projects all you will be hearing is Tax Tax Tax, May God help him not to become a disappointment to ndi Anambra.
He's already hitting the GROUND Running naa
What else do you want?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by domDva(m): 1:57am On Oct 13, 2022
Most of you just read Healine…Soludo is trying to check the menace of burial billboard and obituary everywhere , the regulation said tht directional billboard will not be taxed but should be removed after the event .

EcoBrick:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2022/10/12/soludo-imposes-n100000-levy-for-pasting-of-burial-posters-banners/%3famp=1

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by esthel(f): 2:02am On Oct 13, 2022
im not sure soludo wants second term

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by kabasa24: 2:04am On Oct 13, 2022
His doing the right thing

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by 43Ronin: 2:22am On Oct 13, 2022
Pentecostal churches will not like this. Lol. As for burial, traditional wedding banners soludo suppose observe calm down

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by NwekereNdoki: 2:32am On Oct 13, 2022
Luckysbab:
I don't get what the complaint is about in this.

Not holding brief for the governor's performance (I am not in Anambra, as to be able to make a fair assessment), but if you have money to throw lavish ceremonies, why not be taxed?

No reasonable person should even be accessing Soludo's performance as at this time.. When did he sign budget kwanu.

THis is how llittrates will leave trails of negative feeedback about soludo later people will screenshot and post as fact.

Someone that passed budget barely 2 moths ago..

As for the tax, it is ver welcomed. It is a tool to discourage the proliferation of non-commercial banners and posters in anambra.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by NwekereNdoki: 2:33am On Oct 13, 2022
Biafraaa:
He keeps imposing tax upon tax yet his state is about to turn into the dustbin capital of Nigeria. Once you see welcome to Anambra the smell of dustbins will welcome you first. Very Dirty state. Spit

Shut up have u been there recently?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by NwekereNdoki: 2:35am On Oct 13, 2022
Kenneth4u205:
Sulodo already a failure. All I hear since he came in is demolishing buildings and tax tax tax .

Not sure he will get a second tenure if he continues this way . People like us borrowed money to bury our loved one in the past . And this governor want people to pay tax from borrowed money . This is foolishness.

Ngige was the best performing Governor ever to emerge from my state Anambra. It's a pity he later join the satanic party APC which completely destroy him

Na wa. Las las ur rating is irrelevnt. He passed budget 2 months ago. Any person wey get sense no go dey ask for magic. U even know weda him don get the loan him apply for?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by omoadeleye(m): 3:02am On Oct 13, 2022
This thread reeks of ignorant folks.

Tax and fines and borrowing are the two major source of government revenue.

If you can be throwing posters every where, that means you have enough money to throw and if you are taxed you should pay.

And through that Government makes more revenue to offenders and infrastructures will be built using the money

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Okoyeebo: 3:05am On Oct 13, 2022
It seems Anambra has become a cemetery. They are even trying to generate revenue from burials.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Abokilongthing: 3:05am On Oct 13, 2022
I love the move you dont just place posters over the place and mess up the city... if you are paying for it then you know how to clean up your mess No to Dirty city I support this move ... you build a nice fence only to be messed up with obituaries and church posters

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by pashiano: 3:17am On Oct 13, 2022
some of the folks here are failing to understand the motive behind the policy, the plan is not just to make money off those burial posters but to dissuade unnecessary and reckless display of posters at every nook and cranny of a town, even on public structures. if an advertiser calculate how much he will be taxed for multiple posters, he may decide to do a single poster that is bigger, and not just that, if the duration of his advert expires he will take it off to avoid penalty. this in return leave spaces and public structures beautiful as intended.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sacked Ekiti LG Chairmen Reject Fayose's N35m Offer / Oby Ezekwesili Replies Troll Who Slammed Her For Saying National Carrier Must Fa / Buhari Approves Release Of 70,000 Metric Tonnes Of Grains To The Vulnerable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.