Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,855 members, 7,893,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 08:23 AM

Why Are The Real Northerners Always Sidelined In Nigerian Politics? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The Real Northerners Always Sidelined In Nigerian Politics? (248 Views)

I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out / Kabiru Gaya: Osinbajo Not Sidelined In Tinubu’s Campaign / Rufai Hanga: Tinubu Completely Sidelined, Suffering Silently In APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The Real Northerners Always Sidelined In Nigerian Politics? by LocalStandard1(m): 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2022
I was going through Atiku's bigoted video comments and it dawned on me that the major Northern group or tribe in the North is very much marginalized. Those people have never really known freedom or personal growth to the extent that it has become normal and everything is attributed to the will of God, "haka Allah ya so" or "dun abin da Allah ya je". My Hausa literacy is a little bad, sorry.

I am not talking here about the Northern Christian minorities, o no. I am speaking about the Hausa people of Nigeria. You heard me clearly.

You see the killings in Benue, Southern KD and other middle belt areas? It is as much a reality among the Hausa groups too. We talk and lament about our situations cos we refuse to settle or accept it and want to progress. The Hausas can't and won't call out the Fulani bloodletting cos, I mean how does it even sound to you? Quite funny and it goes against the code of "the Muslim ummah".

A Hausa man has never really lead this country, hell, I am not sure theirs any Hausa Governor in the North today. But if there is then I promise you there's even more Minority Christian Governors than there are Hausa ones, even though they are the majority up North. From the Sultan down to the Emirs Northern ruling class has mostly and always been the Fulanis, period. See what I am saying?

My Grand Mother used to tell us when the Usman Danfodio and Queen Amina Dynasties came to be in the North, they enslaved and forcefully converted and assimilated even allot of the Northern minorities. You know, the Hausas have been so beaten that they've gotten used to it. That is the impact of systematic and or forceful subjugation and marginalization. The Hausas are a good example of why sane people should reject such. I think it's on them to decide though.

As for us, we will not bow to the Fulani, to the Sultan. Nope, I no dey do that kind arrangement lai lai!! And that is why I admire the Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Real Northerners Always Sidelined In Nigerian Politics? by Nationality300: 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
Yes I totally agree with and i admire the igbos for standing firm and defending their land,I as a topical HAUSA man is ashamed to see the Fulanis take total control of North,how I wish somebody will rise and sensetize our people and make them understand that they are being used as tool.
Re: Why Are The Real Northerners Always Sidelined In Nigerian Politics? by LocalStandard1(m): 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
Nationality300:
Yes I totally agree with and i admire the igbos for standing firm and defending their land,I as a topical HAUSA man is ashamed to see the Fulanis take total control of North,how I wish somebody will rise and sensetize our people and make them understand that they are being used as tool.
Somebody? Why don't you do it.
Re: Why Are The Real Northerners Always Sidelined In Nigerian Politics? by Danzysb(m): 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2022
Ok

(1) (Reply)

2023: APC Reveals How They Will Fund Election / Emotional Documentary Of Obidient Attack Victims In Lagos / Media Generosity Elevating Charlatans To Superstars, Atiku's Aide Blasts Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.