Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,643 members, 7,930,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 12:52 PM

I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out (20076 Views)

I’m Being Threatened For Rejecting Mind-blowing Offers – Peter Obi / Kabiru Gaya: Osinbajo Not Sidelined In Tinubu’s Campaign / 2023: I Will Consult My Constituency Before I Resign – Ngige On Buhari’s Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Morbeta11(m): 10:20pm On Jun 11

Senator Ireti Kingibe, who represents the Federal Capital Territory, has again cried out that she is being marginalised in the Senate Committee on issues concerning her constituency.

Kingibe made this known at the Plenary on Tuesday during the consideration of the 2024 N98.5bn Supplementary budget of the FCT.

Kingibe, coming under 10 and 11, stated that she is the highest elected person in the FCT, but she is, however, not carried along in the issues of the state.

Kindibe said, “Mr President, I am the highest elected person in the FCT with over four million people.

“I am not usually carried along in the issues that pertain to the FCT, especially the matters of budget.

“The FCT supplementary budget is presented today but I am not even aware of the whole procedure, I was not invited to any meeting where the budget was discussed.”

Kingibe was, however, interrupted by the Senate President, GodsWill Akpabio, when he requested for her the motion.

Akpabio told her that the order she moved demanded that she present a motion and present it to the House.

The senators agreed that Kingibe would present the complaint in a motion tomorrow.

President Bola Tinubu had last week written to the Senate seeking a supplementary bill of N98.5bn for the Federal Capital Territory Administration.

The N98.5bn is in addition to the N1.2tn budget passed in March by the National Assembly.

https://punchng.com/just-in-im-being-sidelined-in-my-constituency-kingibe-cries-out/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by samuelgodson(m): 10:22pm On Jun 11
Sideline or no sideline will her impact be felt by the people…..cuz all of una na una pockets una dey always dey concerned about

Check my signature

32 Likes

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Nonny95: 10:22pm On Jun 11
All these because you're a woman.

Such a hostile nation

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by TrackerSK: 10:36pm On Jun 11
This is the finger of wike

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by azadus18: 10:37pm On Jun 11
Wike fct 001

26 Likes

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by nedu666: 10:38pm On Jun 11
You sideline dem back. No dey disturb us with dis kind mata

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by NyamiriSlayer(m): 10:39pm On Jun 11
Who is she?..... Wike nah man u be jare, i dey ur back

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by SEsellingBabies: 10:44pm On Jun 11
Ok
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by grandstar(m): 2:10am On Jun 12
There can't be 2 kings in a palace.

Wike

16 Likes

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by StOla: 2:15am On Jun 12
Dem say they won Abuja, they won Lagos, and were cheated in Rivers (despite that they were on their knees and begging Wike for support and promising to even sacrifice their own gubernatorial candidate).

Yet in all of these places, they are not even the ones ruling or dictating policy implementations.

Not to mention that their Presidential candidate finished 3rd.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by richiemcgold: 2:34am On Jun 12

This woman should face her primary duty as a lawmaker. You can't be a legislator and still want to play executive role at the same time.

SoNature:
That woman is right. Wike is sending bills to the senate through Tinubu and bypassing the only senator that represents the FCT. If Tinubu was a reasonable person, he would tell Wike to go and work with her.

Abeg sir o, I'm not getting you at all.
FCT minister sent a bill to the Senate, right?
And the Senate is constitutionally empowered to approve and pass it, right?
Senator kingibe is a member of the same Senate, right?
...and she still wants to engage in executive duties especially the preparation of FCT budgets, right?
That means she wants to be an executive and legislator at the same time. Are those lapses too difficult for you to understand ni sir?

Somebody has a answer for you below 👇

sioniboy:

The senator is not sincere. Nigeria Senate has the power to adjust the budget. She can make her contribution on the floor if there's any need for addition or subtraction.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Nbotee(m): 3:04am On Jun 12
StOla:
Dem say they won Abuja, they won Lagos, and were cheated in Rivers (despite that they were on their knees and begging Wike for support and promising to even sacrifice their own gubernatorial candidate).

Yet in all of these places, they are not even the ones ruling or dictating policy implementations.

Not to mention that their Presidential candidate finished 3rd.

How exactly is this your comment remotely related or connected to the post?

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by illicit(m): 3:12am On Jun 12
Any obidient is a nincompoop

🤕

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by UrPapa: 5:02am On Jun 12
Wetin make we come do
Oga go Sidon jare
Na all of una be werey

2 Likes

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by papiwyte(m): 5:03am On Jun 12
grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Triangles1(m): 5:05am On Jun 12
To do your thing alone means you're one of super intellectual heroes but if you're not you will always find yourself going back to your backbone even when they don't mean well for you.

1 Like

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by lordopsy2018(m): 5:07am On Jun 12
[url][/url]
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by bankyblue(m): 5:10am On Jun 12
She no sabi this game well well, romance the power that be, create you own part from the romance, and use the necessary gain of the romance to show you relevance.
As she the compalin so, she lose more relevance

13 Likes

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Medipharm: 5:10am On Jun 12
She can frustrate issues if she knows her onions....Wike always playing gods. Just look at the size of budget he controls, half of it must go somewhere to his kitty, Thieves

3 Likes

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by AcadaWriter: 5:12am On Jun 12
This is the finger of wike

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by StOla: 5:15am On Jun 12
FreeSpirited:

Such a dimwitted bingo
What's the meaning of this poo u typedd

The meaning is the lamentation of a "we won Abuja" Senator, who has now realised that to win a battle is not the same as winning the war.

We won Lagos.

Ok tell us the policy you are now implementing in that Lagos?

We won Abuja.

Why is your winning Senator lamenting every month?

We won Rivers.

What are you dictating in that River you could not swim?

But those who won Nigeria by winning Zamfara and Ekiti and Borno, are calling all the shots and you must obey, since obidience is already your bandwagon.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by VinnyBaba: 5:17am On Jun 12
She needs to be Smart Plz. undecided

Just Initiate Projects and Engage Abuja pple in media chat from Time to time. smiley

This Public Outcry makes her look Weak. sad

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by NaijaVietnamese: 5:19am On Jun 12
Tinubu, Akpabio, Wike, Umahi and the others are running this government like a cartel. If you’re not in their clique, they sideline you and try to run you out of town. If you’re in the clique, they give you bountiful largesse.

In all these, Nigerian masses are never in the equation.

Sad!

7 Likes

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Tranquill: 5:19am On Jun 12
When you started all that chochochocho.. on national tv to disrespect and demean the FCT minister, we knew all the praises and hailing you were getting from 0b.idunces and ipunks was the beginning of your downfall.

We advised you then based on historical facts that their support never brings anything good, to bribe them to take their toxic support elsewhere but you did not listen.

Now you see your life….

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by ManishSmith(m): 5:21am On Jun 12
Wike is no respecter of woman, take a look at his 8years as rivers state Governor he was the only one doing everything looting alone, he never gave his deputy who was a lady then the opportunity to even commission one project he will make sure that he must commission it with his life band.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by NaijaVietnamese: 5:22am On Jun 12
VinnyBaba:

She needs to be Smart Plz. undecided

Just Initiate Projects and Engage Abuja pple in media chat from Time to time. smiley

This Public Outcry makes her look Weak. sad

Yes, it makes her look very weak, defeated and vulnerable. It’s also partly because she is a woman (although strong women like Dora, Aisha or Ezekwesili won’t take shit from anyone).

The worst thing to ever do is allow your enemies to see that their evil plans against you are working perfectly.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Djele: 5:23am On Jun 12
All of u are thieves, both pdapc or LP senators

2 Likes

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Adamux: 5:24am On Jun 12
Nonny95:
All these because you're a woman.

Such a hostile nation
This has nothing to do with gender.

What is her impact in FCT? Someone who antagonizes every projects that would benefit the people of Abuja just because she is not in good terms with Wike.

Always talking like a parrot 🦜

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by omowolewa: 5:30am On Jun 12
Hey yeah

If I would advise, start a grassroot pet project that can touch lives, empower people, attract crowd and invoke attention.

If not, na story o by next election;
Power, Influence and Charisma are not given but sold + Value Added; sell yours too

You cannot get Power, Influence and Charima and expect Wike to come and add value to it on a platter of gold. Madam roll up your sleeves and shame your critics.

14 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Strikes Out Suit Against Ohakim Over Nude Photos / FG Declares 26th, 27th December And 2nd January Public Holidays / Elections Results Tally With Civil Society Observations –EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.