Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,225 members, 7,964,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 04:58 AM

I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out (20153 Views)

I’m Being Threatened For Rejecting Mind-blowing Offers – Peter Obi / Kabiru Gaya: Osinbajo Not Sidelined In Tinubu’s Campaign / 2023: I Will Consult My Constituency Before I Resign – Ngige On Buhari’s Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Goodman247: 8:29am On Jun 12
Cry yourself a river
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by AngelsArena: 8:33am On Jun 12
StOla:

The meaning is the lamentation of a "we won Abuja" Senator, who has now realised that to win a battle is not the same as winning the war.

We won Lagos.

Ok tell us the policy you are now implementing in that Lagos?

We won Abuja.

Why is your winning Senator lamenting every month?

We won Rivers.

What are you dictating in that River you could not swim?

But those who won Nigeria by winning Zamfara and Ekiti and Borno, are calling all the shots and you must obey, since obidience is already your bandwagon.

After writing this, hope you have electricity on tour house? Or hope you are buying a litre of fuel for 300 naira to power your generator.
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by NyamiriSlayer(m): 8:37am On Jun 12
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
after Fubara don slap wike enter dent, and you all don cry enter craw enter dungeon hole, now na to sideline FCT senator remain
Dey there dey deceive yourself, 1m fubara no fit do anything for wicked wike
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by maestroferddi: 8:42am On Jun 12
SoNature:

That woman is right. Wike is sending bills to the senate through Tinubu and bypassing the only senator that represents the FCT. If Tinubu was a reasonable person, he would tell Wike to go and work with her. Wike has publicly said that he cannot work with the woman. Imagine an appointed government official saying he cannot work with the highest elected government official in his territory.

In an ideal circumstance, Kingibe is supposed to present to her own house any bill that concerns her district, not Tinubu. That should be when she and Wike have met to deliberate on it. Afterwards, she will tell Wike areas that need to be adjusted because she's elected while Wike is just an appointee; the people know her more than Wike and she understands the plights of the people more than Wike.
Politics is different from emotion...

My pain is that the woman is not acting smartly...She appears not to realize the power she can wield to check the likes of Wike, Gbajabiamila and Akpabio...

One should have expected her to learn from the Wike-Fubara saga in River State. It has revealed, at least for now, that Wike is not the potentate he purports to be. Fubara called his bluff and gradually but surely he got the memo that bullying cannot work on certain people...

We are talking about a female senator here who could be difficult to suspend without drawing a serious political and social backlash.

If she starts doing her homework very well, they can ignore her somehow, but it can never be this obvious...

1 Like

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Haaland21: 8:52am On Jun 12
StOla:
Dem say they won Abuja, they won Lagos, and were cheated in Rivers (despite that they were on their knees and begging Wike for support and promising to even sacrifice their own gubernatorial candidate).

Yet in all of these places, they are not even the ones ruling or dictating policy implementations.

Not to mention that their Presidential candidate finished 3rd.

They 'be' noisemakers.

Jagaban till 2031....
Zulum till 2039
Umahi/Wike till 2047

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by blaise26abj(m): 9:00am On Jun 12
Nonny95:
All these because you're a woman.

Such a hostile nation

Nope . All these because she is using emotions instead of finding a way to position herself well .

Imagine just complaining when she should have just raised a motion in line with her complaint . Or cozy up yo the house leadership so they can speak on her behalf . Politics is not for the faint hearted . You must be very calculative and strategic
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by StJasper(m): 9:07am On Jun 12
Nonny95:

Such a hostile nation

What does her gender have to do with the issue here?

Did she say anything about being sidelined because of her gender?

2 Likes

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by missionmex(m): 9:25am On Jun 12
StOla:
Dem say they won Abuja, they won Lagos, and were cheated in Rivers (despite that they were on their knees and begging Wike for support and promising to even sacrifice their own gubernatorial candidate).

Yet in all of these places, they are not even the ones ruling or dictating policy implementations.

Carry it to the bank and make withdrawals.
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by HilcomTech(m): 9:27am On Jun 12
StOla:

Na IP0B you dey talk abi grin

Na craze people dem be ooo

Their candidate came 3rd because they themselves are 3rd class citizens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Otamendi99(m): 9:51am On Jun 12
SoNature:

That woman is right. Wike is sending bills to the senate through Tinubu and bypassing the only senator that represents the FCT. If Tinubu was a reasonable person, he would tell Wike to go and work with her. Wike has publicly said that he cannot work with the woman. Imagine an appointed government official saying he cannot work with the highest elected government official in his territory.

In an ideal circumstance, Kingibe is supposed to present to her own house any bill that concerns her district, not Tinubu. That should be when she and Wike have met to deliberate on it. Afterwards, she will tell Wike areas that need to be adjusted because she's elected while Wike is just an appointee; the people know her more than Wike and she understands the plights of the people more than Wike.

Y he go carry her along. She dy commitee on FCT or related to FCT. Dat committee dem don come out say wike sideline dem?. U can see dem present in almost all commissioning. Let her focus on women affairs committee she was given.
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Otamendi99(m): 9:54am On Jun 12
Ferdinandu:
She is been sidelined because she was voted in by the people, they can't imagine her audacity to feel that she has to be voted in instead of been selected as they do in Criminal Nigeria Politics

Since she was voted by d people. How many tyns she don do 4 dat people weh vote am. Abi she no dey get constituency funds?
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by shortgun(m): 10:12am On Jun 12
Appletek:

The President should direct the Minister for the FCT to work with a Senator?

You're a political blockhead.
The person you insulted is smarter than everyone in your family and extended family combined.
Only in Nigeria will a political appointee wield more power than an elected leader who is accountable to the people.
Wike the lawless rascal is currently being cut to size in rivers state by the state Governor
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Ebeano49(m): 10:15am On Jun 12
Wike is everywhere with Aduda. Their plan is to leverage the visibility to challenge Ireti at the next election.
Ireti should take her complain to the people. That's her only chance of survival.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by paramakina202: 10:20am On Jun 12
Nonny95:

Such a hostile nation

It is not gender issue but party politics.She belongs to opposition party.

1 Like

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Wallade(m): 11:09am On Jun 12
SoNature:

Should Wike be sending bills through her? Is she the president who appointed Wike?

What we need is an effective and active FCT Ministry and minister, that is what it seems we are getting despite the corruption associated with governance in Nigeria.

One senator who set out on a war part with an egoistic and difficult minister can't drag us into her dilemma and frustration. She had every opportunity to work amicably and cordially with Wike but she chose the war part. Who cares if Wike ignores her and focuses on his job to develop the FCT?

She started the war with Wike and she is receiving the heat wotowoto

2 Likes

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Wallade(m): 11:18am On Jun 12
Otamendi99:

Y he go carry her along. She dy commitee on FCT or related to FCT. Dat committee dem don come out say wike sideline dem?. U can see dem present in almost all commissioning. Let her focus on women affairs committee she was given.

That woman, Ireti Kingibe, has an overrated impression about herself, her status and her office.

She should come off her high horse and dig into the work or shut up and stay neutral collecting her remuneration and loot.

1 Like

Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by shakdav(m): 11:45am On Jun 12
maestroferddi:
Politics is different from emotion...

My pain is that the woman is not acting smartly...She appears not to realize the power she can wield to check the likes of Wike, Gbajabiamila and Akpabio...

One should have expected her to learn from the Wike-Fubara saga in River State. It has revealed, at least for now, that Wike is not the potentate he purports to be. Fubara called his bluff and gradually but surely he got the memo that bullying cannot work on certain people...

We are talking about a female senator here who could be difficult to suspend without drawing a serious political and social backlash.

If she starts doing her homework very well, they can ignore her somehow, but it can never be this obvious...

Abuja is not Rivers state, Fubara has the support of strong men in Rivers state ooh, who do u think are the strong men that is the main naive of Abuja, one of there is in the cabinet ooh, and wike is working with the native of Abuja ooh, how do u think she can deal with him or he will hear her voice, she started a fight she can fight at first, she forgot wike have boys nd men in the senate, wike has the president at his right hand side, wike has the senate president, at his left hand side, has the chief of staff at the middle and has the minister of inter governmental affair over him, and the former senator at his wheel, and the former senator is love all over by the native of Abuja and u said, she can fight him, who ever decieve her at first was the person that, destroyed her, wike is a politicain, a former local government chairman, former chief of staff, former minister, former Governor and a present minister, he know the game more than she do, and we all know how he fight Atiku till date... She can fight him rather look for ways of partnership and understanding,.... And u know every man deserve respect but she don't want to give him that.... She is a novice in the game, and she is not ready to learn..
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by shakdav(m): 11:49am On Jun 12
Wallade:

Should Wike be sending bills through her? Is she the president who appointed Wike?

What we need is an effective and active FCT Ministry and minister, that is what it seems we are getting despite the corruption associated with governance in Nigeria.

One senator who set out on a war part with an egoistic and difficult minister can't drag us into her dilemma and frustration. She had every opportunity to work amicably and cordially with Wike but she chose the war part. Who cares if Wike ignores her and focuses on his job to develop the FCT?

She started the war with Wike and she is receiving the heat wotowoto

By the way who is she in the abuja, people even recongnise the former senator than her, the people who advice her to start the war, are her biggest enemy, by the way the minister is anwerable to the president not the senator and every one has his duties, by the virtue of power Abuja is in his hands, because anything that happen in abuja he is the one to be call upon not her, is like she has forgot her role as a lawmaker.
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by shakdav(m): 11:51am On Jun 12
Ebeano49:
Wike is everywhere with Aduda. Their plan is to leverage the visibility to challenge Ireti at the next election.
Ireti should take her complain to the people. That's only chance of survival.

The question is can she stand Aduda next election, everyone know how she came into power.. She started a war she could not continued..
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Ebeano49(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12
Abuja is not Port Harcourt. Abuja voters are more discerning. If Ireti continues to show how shes being sidelined by Wike, and Wike continues with his high handedness, Ireti will have a chance. Wike won't have ObiAkpor in Abuja to give him cooked result.

shakdav:

The question is can she stand Aduda next election, everyone know how she came into power.. She started a war she could not continued..
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Ixodes(m): 12:53pm On Jun 12
maestroferddi:
Q.E.D...

It is crass naivety if not foolishness if she expects Wike and the APC establishment to work with her...They will never do that.

I dont like people who are not smart...

She can create problems for Wike but she has obviously refused to put on a thinking cap...

Codedly use the media to ventilate your frustration and watch Wike soft-pedal...

She is a criminal just like other senators or bereaved of ideas; they all hide behind the state goverment doing the project while they loot or keep their constituency allowance to finance the next election. Imagine how shallow minded she is, she won election cheaply without bribing anyone forgetting all that...abuja is close to 80% elite that dont depend on bribes to vote. She needs to spend all that constituency allowance stand often to make a lot of noise in the senate not just go there to receive sitting allowance and actually literally go "sit".
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Ixodes(m): 12:54pm On Jun 12
shakdav:

with this act, i dont see her coming back to the senate.
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by damoobaba: 1:35pm On Jun 12
TrackerSK:
This is the finger of wike

She should go to her constituency and meet with her people. Her duty is LAWMAKING. We have the seat of government in Abuja and also an FCT minister to handle PROJECTS in the fct.
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Charly68: 1:58pm On Jun 12
The Mama na wahala woman oo.. .
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by samuelgodson(m): 2:57pm On Jun 12
Bone147:

Are u ok. Can u listen to yourself. May be u can do a Voice note and listen to yourself.Some people talk as if they didn't sick their mothers breast for once
Are you done?😎😎😎
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Abee79(m): 4:44pm On Jun 12
nedu666:
You sideline dem back. No dey disturb us with dis kind mata
And if she keeps quiet and doesn't perform ass expected, you people will still come here and lambast her. Issokay 🤐
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by delpee(f): 8:28pm On Jun 12
She should make good use of constituency projects to make life easier for the people. That's what other Senators/Reps do. They don't necessarily have to agree with their governors to make an impact on the people.
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by blueghost(m): 10:36pm On Jun 12
mumu woman instead of aligning with influential figures and building strategic relationships to achieve your goals and maintain your position, you are constantly raising alarms. Have you considered visiting Wike to discuss and collaborate?

If you continue on this path, your chances of returning as a senator are slim because you lack tangible accomplishments. You remind me of Samuel Ortom, who often complains without making significant progress in Benue.

It's time to step up your game—go hard or go home.
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by Midex88(m): 10:52pm On Jun 12
Go Siddon jorr
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by HRMK: 7:38am On Jun 13
what is she talking about?how many governors take their senators along when there is no codial relationship between them?she expects wike to be running after her?she should wake up from her slumber IMMEDIATELY!!
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by shakdav(m): 11:23am On Jun 13
Ebeano49:
Abuja is not Port Harcourt. Abuja voters are more discerning. If Ireti continues to show how shes being sidelined by Wike, and Wike continues with his high handedness, Ireti will have a chance. Wike won't have ObiAkpor in Abuja to give him cooked result.

I don't even see the sign of she coming back, everyone of dey have his own responsibility, let her concentrate on her and leaves his own, by the way she has project to execute let her do it, she is not a naive of the fct, she just got there by the LP wave
Re: I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out by sioniboy(m): 12:10pm On Jun 13
richiemcgold:

This woman should face her primary duty as a lawmaker. You can't be a legislator and still want to play executive role at the same time.

Abeg sir o, I'm not getting you at all.
FCT minister sent a bill to the Senate, right?
And the Senate is constitutionally empowered to approve and pass it, right?
Senator kingibe is a member of the same Senate, right?
...and she still wants to engage in executive duties especially the preparation of FCT budgets, right?
That means she wants to be an executive and legislator at the same time. Are those lapses too difficult for you to understand ni sir?

The senator is not sincere. Nigeria Senate has the power to adjust the budget. She can make her contribution on the floor if there's any need for addition or subtraction.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo And Dogara At Democracy Day Interdenominational Church Service / Okorocha Has Gone Again To Complain To Buhari Over Imo APC Politics / APC Admits Oyetola, Others Took Away Official Vehicles After Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.