Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,925 members, 7,922,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:18 PM

What's Your Opinion About This? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Opinion About This? (3918 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / My Opinion About Married Nigerians / Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Opinion About This? by adeoflagos: 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2011
Not a good idea for me. At least from my point of view and experience.
Re: What's Your Opinion About This? by Macavelius(m): 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2011
It won't be helpful and very boring, nothing to discuss when both get home
Re: What's Your Opinion About This? by kinsoko(m): 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2011
i dnt c any tin wrong in it,i can wk with her but not in the same ofice.
Re: What's Your Opinion About This? by God2man(m): 7:45pm On Aug 20, 2011
It is obvious that they are putting all their eggs in one basket, however, they could work together for some time then get a transition plan on ground for a change. God bless you. God2man.
Re: What's Your Opinion About This? by eggo: 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2011
i dont mind having him wif me,
Re: What's Your Opinion About This? by yemivictor: 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2011
i'm not sure i'd like it. What if one's spouse drops the ball on an important assignment or task and then served a query? How'd that make one feel? undecided

I don't think i'm favourably disposed to this kind of arrangement, but, who knows?
Re: What's Your Opinion About This? by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 21, 2011
adeoflagos:

Not a good idea for me. At least from my point of view and experience. I found myself working in the a small team of three (wife; husband; and me) in one of the Forbes 500 company in North America. Exceptional working conditions and a 6-figure salary. Lot of politics and not a good situation. Though I knew I would be working with them before I took the job. Imagine a situation where husband and wife had already decided among themselve who is going to run the show and how things will go and you only learn about things at the last minute. What I learn again is that sometimes objective decisions get compromised because decision making process would have been different if individuals working in the team have no personal relationship. Meanwhile senior management seemed carried away by it all but I knew what was going on and the eventual outcome. I had several confrontations with the wife because she had her head messed up that she is supposed to lead the team. I never showed I was interested in this but nonetheless she seemed to relate with me as if to say "I run the show". It only took me three months to decide I will be quitting the job. I realized it is not worth it because I was almost giving up a life-long goal to take that job. Interestingly the unexpected happened and one of the couple had to leave the company. Thank God He has already shown me my way once I leave the company.

The unfortunate aspect of it all is that she seemed more interested in selling herself than ensuring that business goals get achieved through a positive team spirit.

LEAVE AND START YOUR OWN COMPANY PERIOD.

GOOD JOOR. make i dey see the beautiful face of my wife all the time. nothing good pass am,

if your wife no fine na him you go hate am.

so we do everything together.

she no fit tell me say them no pay her salary like wise me.

but if the company no pay salary for him staff na HUNGRY for the children oh
Re: What's Your Opinion About This? by Skoopy(m): 8:47am On Aug 21, 2011
Edit the topic; remove the word married from it.
Re: What's Your Opinion About This? by Blackteeth(m): 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2011
Hmm. I don't think it is Nigerians replying this thread. Naija wey good job hard to get?!! And these folks are saying they wouldn't accept a nice job that would see them work in the same office with their partner. I dey laugh sef.
Re: What's Your Opinion About This? by Iranoladun(f): 2:50pm On Aug 21, 2011
I won't do it and won't advise anyone to do it.

There are too many negatives compare to the positives.

The financial risk, career risk, relationship risk (spousal and with others).

Other posters have elaborated more on the risk to the family's finances if salaries are delayed or job of one spouse is terminated.

What about career advancement? Imagine training opportunities, promotion of wife versus husband, official responsi
bilities, work interference due to the personal relationship;

If they met in the company and then get marry, I'd advise one spouse to look for a job in another company ASAP.
Re: What's Your Opinion About This? by zikclassiq(m): 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2011
Why not? If both of them will remain professionals while at work.
Re: What's Your Opinion About This? by Iranoladun(f): 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2011
@Zakclassiq
If they remain 'professional' (even though its difficult unless you are not in love & passionate). What about other employees and the employer? Do you think they will always treat them professionally?

Believe me, I've managed situations where employees feel their colleague gets privillege because of their Supervisor (her husband). This is why I will advise you avoid working for same employer ASAP
Re: What's Your Opinion About This? by comprende: 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2011
Actually, this situation is very common in Nigeria.

My elder sister met and married her husband in the same organisation. They have been happily married and both are still working for the same organisation over 15 years now.

When I did my youth service programme with a multinational oil and gas firm. I came across at least three couples who are married to each other in that firm. Now its a very large organisation and you could go for a week without even coming across each other at the work place.

Coming closer to the present day, I know of some young couples who have met and married each other in the financial institution where I work. Now they are in different branches and keeping it on the down low so that head office wont force at least one of them to resign.

As for me, working in the same organisation would be okay, but in the same unit would be tough. But if I do start my own business or my wife does, why not?!
Re: What's Your Opinion About This? by obxddon(m): 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2011
Thank God this Topic came up,
There is this chick in my office dat I am having an affair with.She loves me no doubt but the whole relationship thing is funny.We dont go out together cus she does not want people in the office to know about it based on the fact that so many guys from the office has asked out before, even when she comes to my place she waits a little till its almost dark before she leaves,

Some how am considering quiting the relationship because the spark is no longer there and also I cant keep hidding my relationship its crazy,

try not to fall in love with any one you work in the same office with, and Yes its not good for a couple to work in the same office

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Beats His Four Months Pregnant Wife To Death In Enugu / Pressure To Marry Early / I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.